Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276335 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#1027053 Nov 20, 2013
Under Obamacare, about 17 million seniors will face higher Medicare Part D

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/21327
Vodka

Palm Coast, FL

#1027054 Nov 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh brother, here we go.
I told you it would work! Enjoy!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1027055 Nov 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would someone be asked to read a draft when the actual speech exists?
That doesn't pass the sniff test.
It's like referring to the first draft of the Bill of Rights or the Declaration of Independence which looked like this without the changes.

http://www.archives.gov/legislative/features/...

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document...

Historic first drafts are nothing more than historic documents. Not to be misconstrued with the final versions.

Only a radical, leftwing, self-absorbed, liberal president wouldn't know the difference.

And Homer.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1027056 Nov 20, 2013
Quinnipiac Poll: Colorado Senator Mark Udall Is in Trouble

U.S. Sen. Mark Udall gets a split 44 - 44 percent approval rating, but voters say 47 - 41 percent the Democratic incumbent does not deserve to be reelected.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-cent...

In August of this year, a Quinnipiac poll found that Colorado senator Mark Udall's approval rating was +13 (47 percent approved of his job performance and 34 percent disapproved).
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027057 Nov 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
USA frequently posts dumb comments and never knows when to step away from them.
Of course, how would you know this as you tried to support someone saying the Tea Party protests Military Funerals yesterday so anything is believable to you.
Step away from Daily Kos and try reading a few news articles on Yahoo a day.
lol! Son, you post idiotic comments and and counter sources with your opinions.
But don't worry. For you, it's normal!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027058 Nov 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, the Rasmussen poll showed a one point lead, as well as Gallop, for Romney which is in the margin of error. Many polls showed ties with just a few having Obama at +3. All were in the margin of error.
Learn something about polls, skippy! That was dumb!
lol! Well duh! son!

The Rasmussen poll showing the lead on election night IS the point!

Which explains the dumb looks from fart news and Romney's reluctance to admit defeat.

And this is the 'respected' poll Donovan was referring to!

So grow up son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027059 Nov 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Progs? Both groups uses them.
I was talking about Donovan son.

You obvious love to dance!
LCNLin

United States

#1027060 Nov 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you people really this fcking stupid? He was ASKED to read this version, he didn't leave it out.
any excuse to attack America
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1027061 Nov 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Went to the UF vs USC football game! 87,000 redneck hillbillies in one place; it was quite an experience!
The young man in front of me was yelling "yeah, yeah, yeah, this is a red state, you got to be a real man in a red state"
He had a tattoo of the SC flag on his calf.
Well, they won the game. Too bad.
UF sucks this year. They're 4-6 with two games left, both they need to win to become bowl eligible. Last game is Florida State, undefeated and ranked #2. UF hasn't missed making a post season bowl since 1990 and that was when they were on NCAA probation, before that 1986. They were 6-5 that year, but back then television didn't run college football, so there weren't 2 zillion post season bowl games.

But consider yourself lucky, our state team, UConn, is 0-9.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1027062 Nov 20, 2013
The poverty rate has increased: from 13.1% in 2008 to 15.1% today

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/data/

In a Georgetown study it was noted that Obama comes in dead last among modern presidents for mentioning poverty in his speeches.

Barack Obama only mentions the nation's least well-off only 26 percent of the time compared to the other presidents who most did it at least 60% of the time with the lowest being 50%.

http://cara.georgetown.edu/staff/webpages/mid...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027063 Nov 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that is like saying nanner, nanner.
USA saying "must suck to be you" showed her/his age. I was making fun of the use of the term and the usual opening it leaves.
Try to keep up.
lol! And I was making fun of your use son.

I have kept up.

Your problem is you need to look in front of you if want to see where I am!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1027064 Nov 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, you post idiotic comments and and counter sources with your opinions.
Yeah you Gilligan, factually our little hitler and local radical islamist apologist of the first order you idiot.

It's the culture...
LCNLin

United States

#1027065 Nov 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
If this president chose to read Lincoln's first draft of the Gettysburg Address instead of the final version which added "under God", he should not have said "God bless America" to the end of every campaign speech and at the end of every State of the Union Address.
I'm so sick and tired of the hypocrisy and double standards in the name of liberalism, I could puke.
They invoke God's name only when it's politically advantageous and invoke political correctness the rest of the time.
Fox in....

Faux out....
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1027066 Nov 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that she once dated Charlie Crist?
You sure, she don't seem like the type to wear a strap-on.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027067 Nov 20, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Polling companies cannot predict how many of the likely voters they speak with and survey will actually get out and vote.
It's not brain surgery, though to you it probably looks like quantum physics.
Obviously you simply accept what you want son.

... or you're mixed up about the the word 'credible.'
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027068 Nov 20, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like ever since Obama has been shown to be a liar and fraud, only the 3rd string and practice squad have been showing up here?
Yeah, I don't understand why you people hang around!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1027069 Nov 20, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
any excuse to attack America
You loser 24/7 spending all day whining about obama you idiot...

Liberalism is dead!!

it's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1027070 Nov 20, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning ditz.
Speaking of a divided party, who are the 39 Democrats that just voted with Republicans? These 39 must agree it was unnecessary for the Democrats to shut down the government.
Help or enemies?
You are an IDIOT!
lol! Unlike reich 'winders' who need not think and walk hand in hand in locked step!
Naah

Palm Coast, FL

#1027071 Nov 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, you post idiotic comments and and counter sources with your opinions.
lol! Daughter, you post idiotic comments. For you, it's normal!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1027072 Nov 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Well duh! son!
The Rasmussen poll showing the lead on election night IS the point!
Which explains the dumb looks from fart news and Romney's reluctance to admit defeat.
And this is the 'respected' poll Donovan was referring to!
So grow up son.
Still clueless as usual? Using your idiotic logic most polls are not valid.

You need to educate yourself about margin of error and stop deliberately acting clueless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 15 min Earthling-1 6,883
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min Insults Are Easier 247,429
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr RoSesz 310,231
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr tom wingo 29,926
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web