Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406444 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1026647 Nov 19, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Bill Maher hateful or funny?
Much more the former than latter.

It's obvious he takes pleasure in mocking and insulting those who disagree with him. He loves playing the part of a smug, intellectual bully, typical of many 'showbiz' progressives.

Because of people like him I hope Heaven and Hell are very real.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1026648 Nov 19, 2013
...when a progressive is in charge...

"Hundreds of undocumented immigrants captured at southern Arizona military post"

http://www.kvoa.com/news/hundreds-of-undocume...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1026649 Nov 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know is what you say about yourself. And, you forgot to speak of yourself in the third person.
On a planet where you would be a moderate, yes, I would be considered insane. That is why I live on Earth. I'm a centrist who adheres to the liberal ideas described in the Constitution.
You, on the other hand, are a Machiavellian radical conservative that doesn't believe in individual rights and limiting the authority of government control over the people. You're also ignorant enough to endorse such proven failed ideas like Marxist communism.
Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. You write as if you expect the institution of Marxist communism here to be different than the institutionalized poverty that was created in every goddam country that ever allowed itself to be infected with communism.
You, dupe, and insane.
Just a reminder... don't forget to refer to yourself in the third person in your next post.
You do not have a centrist bone in your body, you are to the right of the far right.

Give me one thing centrist in nature that you agree with.

Your post did prove your insanity, I thank you for that.

Folks, even insane people can have moments of clarity, before you all jump down my throat.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1026651 Nov 19, 2013
MOM wrote:
<quoted text>Sen. Creigh Deeds, D-Bath, is in a hospital after being stabbed this morning in his home, the Richmond Times-Dispatch is reporting. His son, Gus, died from a gunshot wound.
The events leading up to the shooting and stabbing were unclear, the newspaper was reporting. State Police said troopers arrived at Deeds’ Bath County residence around 7:25 a.m. and remain on scene as they investigate the incident.
Deeds was flown from the scene to the University of Virginia Medical Center and was listed in critical condition. A message left for a university spokeswoman was not immediately returned. Source
The son had Obaaaaaaamacare they didnt have enough room at the Mental Hospital for him mmmmmmmmmm now how does that work Obaaaaamacare and no Hospital or Doctor
Yeah, not quite azzhole. Here we call it Baker act__Virginia calls it something different but the kid was going to be held in a hospital for a period of time (minimum two days) for psychiatric reasons.

Turns out that there wasn't room in the hospital of choice/convenience. Too bad so sad eh?

In Florida they'd have made room for the crazy mofo.

Sht happens!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1026652 Nov 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't watched him in years, mostly funny I would say.
"Folks, is it wrong to hate ignorance?" That is the question.
- Homer(R) 2016
Idiots can have supporters...and so can murderers....

There are very credible reports that people in the Soviet Gulags cried when Lenin died...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1026653 Nov 19, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
" People on Medicaid are naturally sicker"
where the fck do you come up with this stupid sht? Lets take your "logic" a bit further. Remove them from Medicaid and they will be naturally healthier.
Medicaid patients are not naturally sicker they are sicker because they are medicated. It is liberalism. The doctor is free for them and they go all the time. Liberals like doing experiments on the poor. The FDA approves the testing of pharma--and where does it go? Mostly to the poor blacks and mexicans in urban areas. If you tell these morons they are getting something for free, they sign up. This is what democrats have done to society.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1026654 Nov 19, 2013
Cheri wrote:
Katherine Harris's husband has suffered from very bad health issues the last few years. My condolences to the family.
And you found it necessary to change screen names and locations to post that???

What did you do with Piggy???
MOM

New York, NY

#1026655 Nov 19, 2013
CAN SOMEONE EVEN ACT OUTRAGED CAN THE RACISTS SPOTTERS SAY SOMETHING Cops are hunting a hooded man who crept up and shot and wounded a 27-year-old in the Bronx, officials said Tuesday.

Police said the assailant, described as a black man in a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and red sneakers, snuck up on his hapless victim in front of a deli on Laconia Ave. near E. 228th St. in Edenwald just after 8 p.m. Saturday
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/cop...
TSM

United States

#1026656 Nov 19, 2013
Many Americans had question Obama’s Faith whether he was a Muslim or Christian I believe Obama has removed all Doubt!!

Today Obama removes ‘God’ from Gettysburg Address, back in Nov, 2013 interview by ABC's George Stephanopoulos, B. Hussein referred to "my Muslim faith." Stephanopoulos tried to correct him immediately!! We know Christians embraces ‘God’ while Muslims reveres Him!!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1026657 Nov 19, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
Well, isn't this just special?
"In the home stretch of the 2012 presidential campaign, from August to September, the unemployment rate fell sharply — raising eyebrows from Wall Street to Washington.
The decline — from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September — might not have been all it seemed. The numbers, according to a reliable source, were manipulated.
And the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.
Just two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.
And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today.
“He’s not the only one,” said the source, who asked to remain anonymous for now but is willing to talk with the Labor Department and Congress if asked."
http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-faked-201...
What else is there? this president could have been impeached 20 times already.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1026658 Nov 19, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the preventive treatment for drive-by gunshot wounds and ghetto drug overdoses?
The preventive treatment in this case would amount to genocide:)

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1026659 Nov 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You do not have a centrist bone in your body, you are to the right of the far right.
Give me one thing centrist in nature that you agree with.
Your post did prove your insanity, I thank you for that.
Folks, even insane people can have moments of clarity, before you all jump down my throat.
I am a constitutionalist. I believe in the Constitution as written, regardless of any political bias.
That defines centrist.
One centrist thing...
Three co-equal branches of government.
A republican government comprised of representation for the union of states and different representation for the people, to comprise the Congress.
A Constitution written so the average person can easily read and understand it.
The right of a person to freely speak their mind and assemble with whomever they choose.
The right of a person to defend themselves against any threat to their life and/or liberty.
The right of a person to be secure in their home without fear of government intrusion.
The right of a person to personal privacy without fear of the government spying on them.
The right to ownership and possession of property, to be taken only by due process of law.
The legal freedom to not have to worry about some egomaniacal president ordering the Armed Forces to attack the citizenry.

and on.. and on... and on.

I listed more than one. I can go on listing my centrist beliefs for a very long time, if you desire.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1026660 Nov 19, 2013
Homer wrote:
Tea baggers are out in force this afternoon. If they can just find a candidate to beat Hillary in 2016, should cut the whining down to 50%*
*You'll never find a whine free Tea Bagger
I heard Monica Lewinsky is thinking of running as she already knows the Oval office pretty well.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1026661 Nov 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
The Gettysburg Address
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
November 19, 1863
On June 1, 1865, Senator Charles Sumner referred to the most famous speech ever given by President Abraham Lincoln. In his eulogy on the slain president, he called the Gettysburg Address a "monumental act." He said Lincoln was mistaken that "the world will little note, nor long remember what we say here." Rather, the Bostonian remarked, "The world noted at once what he said, and will never cease to remember it. The battle itself was less important than the speech."
There are five known copies of the speech in Lincoln's handwriting, each with a slightly different text, and named for the people who first received them: Nicolay, Hay, Everett, Bancroft and Bliss. Two copies apparently were written before delivering the speech; the remaining ones were produced months later for soldier benefit events. Despite widely-circulated stories to the contrary, the president did not dash off a copy aboard a train to Gettysburg. Lincoln carefully prepared his major speeches in advance; his steady, even script in every manuscript is consistent with a firm writing surface, not the notoriously bumpy Civil War-era trains. Additional versions of the speech appeared in newspapers of the era, feeding modern-day confusion about the authoritative text.
Nicolay Copy
Named for John G. Nicolay, President Lincoln's personal secretary, this is considered the "first draft" of the speech, begun in Washington on White house stationery. The second page is writen on different paper stock, indicating it was finished in Gettysburg before the cemetery dedication began. Lincoln gave this draft to Nicolay, who went to Gettysburg with Lincoln and witnessed the speech. The Library of Congress owns this manuscript.
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth, upon this continent, a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that “all men are created equal.”
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle field of that war. We come to dedicate a portion of it, as a final resting place for those who died here, that the nation might live. This we may, in all propriety do.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate – we can not consecrate – we can not hallow, this ground – The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have hallowed it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here; while it can never forget what they did here.
It is rather for us, the living, we here be dedicated to the great task remaining before us – that, from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here, gave the last full measure of devotion – that we here highly resolve these dead shall not have died in vain; that the nation, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
Stop it!

I tear up with a lump in my throat every time I read the Gettysburg Address.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1026662 Nov 19, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
" People on Medicaid are naturally sicker"
where the fck do you come up with this stupid sht? Lets take your "logic" a bit further. Remove them from Medicaid and they will be naturally healthier.
I don't know why you continually insist on proving that you have no common sense. Must be a Republican thing.
MOM

New York, NY

#1026663 Nov 19, 2013
It seems once Obaaaaaama was proven to be a FRAUD AND LIAR HIS TOPIX SUPPORTERS are not here as much defending what they dont know about like real dumb dave and the rest now only the Brave Bigots are here the RACIAL SUPPORTERS not even White Liberal SONICFILTH can take the obaaaaaama LIES made fools of them
SAD STORY

Louisburg, NC

#1026664 Nov 19, 2013
MOM wrote:
Sad, Sad, Sad: Atlanta 16-Year-Old Girl Shot Dead In Her Bedroom By Complete Stranger 5 Minutes After Meeting Him!
WILL THEIR BE ANY PROTEST WILL THESE PEOPLES NAMES BE HOUSEHOLD NAMES A Clayton County high school student was shot to death in her own bedroom.
Police said a teenager confessed to accidentally shooting V’ondra Olivaria, 16, in her Clayton County house on Silverwood Drive on Saturday.
Brandon Williams, 17, is facing involuntary manslaughter charges, along with reckless endangerment, and possession of a handgun by a person under 18.
“She was bubbly. She was loving, caring, givin , unselfish, just the sunshine. She was the sunshine,” Yolanda Rincon, the teen’s mother, told Channel 2&#8242;s Rachel Stockman.
Rincon was home on Saturday night when the shooting happened and remembered hearing a gunshot.
“He shook my hand and not even five minutes later I heard a gun go off and my baby was gone,” Rincon said.
Rincon said another friend brought the teenager to her home and they had never met prior to Saturday night.
“I am mad at you. I hate you, but at the same breath, I hurt for you because you are somebody’s child and I know you realize it now. You can’t bring her back and you can’t play with life,” Rincon said.
It was initially reported by DailyMail that Brandon fled the scene after shooting V’ondra, leaving her mother to watch her die.
Brandon, you ain’t isht, and we have a special place we put ain’t isht folks like yourself. Happy trials.
R.I.P. V’ondra Olivaria
WILL ANYONE SAY ANYTHING or a BLACK PERSONS LIFE ONLY MEANS SOMETHING WHEN YOU CAn SAY RACISM
To me if you are Black,Red,White or any color a Life is a Life.

I hate to say this but what i have seen so far is it has got to be a white killing a black
before Obama and the Rev. Al will raise Hell!It is just like FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S.

By Reid Wilson
September 18 at 9:00 am

The city of Chicago registered more homicides than any city in the nation in 2012, surpassing even New York — despite the fact that the Second City has only one third as many residents as the Big Apple.

In new crime statistics released Monday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported 500 murders in Chicago in 2012, up sharply from the 431 recorded in 2011. New York reported 419 murders last year, compared with 515 in 2011.

But residents of Chicago and New York were much less likely to be victims of a homicide than residents of Flint, Mich. Sixty-three murders occurred in 2012 in Flint, a city of 101,632, meaning one in every 1,613 city residents were homicide victims. Detroit, which experienced 386 homicides in 2012, was almost as unsafe; that’s enough murders to account for one in every 1,832 residents.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1026665 Nov 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it!
I tear up with a lump in my throat every time I read the Gettysburg Address.
Me, too.
LCNLin

United States

#1026666 Nov 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I was just thinking about this and you the other day.
Have you read any of Herman Wouk's books? He has an amazing writing style that brings history to life through fictional characters. I've read three of his books. You?
I prefer reading books by authors like James A. Michener, "Centennial", for example, where learning history is through the eyes of people in the author's imagination.
However, I do like reading biographies of historical figures.
Which ones have you read, by the way? Maybe I've just never asked before but don't recall your ever sharing it.
Both excellent historical fiction.

William Manchester is excellent - Bio of Winston L S Churchill
LCNLin

United States

#1026667 Nov 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/s...
GFY, your phaerie queer...
Latent Gay. Someone who is transparently gay but believes himself to be straight.

Often overherd making very stupid, xenophobic and racist comments.

Sound like you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 256,131
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web