Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264941 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1026267 Nov 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, "These" people will be thrilled to be part of a system where they have regular medical care. I don't believe anyone is going to have trouble finding a doctor and I don't know of any doctor that won't fit a patient in if they are sick.
That thrill will fade when they die waiting for an appointment, dingbat.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1026268 Nov 18, 2013
Some Wacko on Democracy...

"The convinced partisans of democracy care little for instances which show democratic governments to be unstable. These are merely isolated triumphs of the principle of evil."

Sir Henry Maine
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1026269 Nov 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP tale of the emergency room get old.
Need proper health care to prevent diseases ....
Republicans opposed Medicare and Social Security so this is their pattern
most diseases cannot be prevented by so-called "preventive" care....at best, they can be deducted early....

most medical care for younger people results from injuries, not from disease....

so Phaggy Patrick is full of crap, as usual....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1026270 Nov 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, we'll go with Allen West then.
If Allen West became President West, would you be a racist and white supremacist if you criticized President West's policies?
I'm just trying to make you understand something important here, Lily.
Work with me.
You are dealing with a brain that consists of two Left Sides.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1026271 Nov 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the offenders have insurance or Medicaid.
Both are avoiding the use of available drop-in clinics
assuming you are referring to non-hospital "prompt care" facilities, why would anyone with insurance go to a "drop-in clinic" where the personnel and facilities are far below hospital standards?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1026272 Nov 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, "These" people will be thrilled to be part of a system where they have regular medical care. I don't believe anyone is going to have trouble finding a doctor and I don't know of any doctor that won't fit a patient in if they are sick.
good luck with that one...doctors with a full patient load will have little interest in welfare patients...who will end up in the emergency room...

Location hidden

#1026273 Nov 18, 2013
Look at what happened in History when a person was not prepared to lead...

'Barracks emperors'

"There were approximately fourteen barracks emperors in 33 years, producing an average reign of a little over two years apiece. The resulting instability in the imperial office and the near constant state of civil war and insurrection threatened to destroy the Roman Empire from within and left it vulnerable to attack from without.

the barracks emperors tended to be low-class commoners (often from outlying parts of the empire); the first barracks emperor, Maximinus Thrax, had begun his military career as an enlisted soldier. A barracks emperor could not boast of a distinguished family name or a successful career as a statesman or public servant; rather, he had only his military career to recommend himself, and his only influence was the points of his soldiers' swords..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barracks_emperor

Location hidden

#1026274 Nov 18, 2013
Mind boggling...

"The man who can sweep the greatest number of fragments of political power into one heap will govern the rest. The strongest man in one form or another will always rule. If the government is a military one, the qualities which make a man a great soldier will make him a ruler. If the government is a monarchy, the qualities which kings value in counsellors, in administrators, in generals, will give power.

Wire-pullers...puppets...

In a pure democracy, the ruling men will be the Wire-pullers and their friends, but they will be no more on an equality with the people than soldiers or Ministers of State are on an equality with the subjects of a Monarchy.

In some ages, a powerful character, in others cunning, in others power of transacting business, in others eloquence, in others a good hold upon commonplaces and a facility in applying them to practical purposes, will enable a man to climb on his neighbours’ shoulders and direct them this way or that, but under all circumstances the rank and file are directed by leaders of one kind or another who get the command of their collective force."

Sir Henry Maine

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1026275 Nov 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP tale of the emergency room get old.
Need proper health care to prevent diseases ....
Republicans opposed Medicare and Social Security so this is their pattern
The FACTS is that the democrats lied about the emergency room visits--and it appears they continue to do lie to this day. See above.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1026276 Nov 18, 2013
Does anyone think Obama & Democrats are honest?

I'm waiting for Obama to sent out Susan Rice to tell everyone Obama's lie about keeping your doctor and insurance policy was "because of the Youtube video".

Location hidden

#1026277 Nov 18, 2013
What we learn from History....

Teat sucklers...

"...narrow oligarchies...

...but a mutinous crew, feasting on a ship’s provisions, gorging themselves on the meat and intoxicating themselves with the liquors, but refusing to navigate the vessel to port."

Sir Henry Maine

Lapeer, MI

#1026278 Nov 18, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Oprah using the race card again?
What a phony blow hard racist. Capitalist pig hypocrite. Greedy hypocrite b*tch that has body guards carry guns. Fat Cat Slob who uses people to get her Mo Money!
Nikita Kruchev said, "Russia does not have to destroy America with missles; America will destroy from within."

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." -- Vladimir Lenin

“When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope”-- Josef Stalin

"“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?”-- Josef Stalin

"We won't take your guns away" --- The Magic Negro

“There’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs. And that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he’s African American. There’s no question about that and it’s the kind of thing nobody ever says but everybody’s thinking it.”

--- Komrade Oprah Winfrey

The Magic Negro's Kommunist Circus has another Carnival Barker named Komrade Oprah Winfrey.

Lapeer, MI

#1026279 Nov 18, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Does anyone think Obama & Democrats are honest?
I'm waiting for Obama to sent out Susan Rice to tell everyone Obama's lie about keeping your doctor and insurance policy was "because of the Youtube video".
Huge Thighs Hillary: "What does it matter?"

Lapeer, MI

#1026280 Nov 18, 2013
killtaker wrote:
What we learn from History....
Teat sucklers...
"...narrow oligarchies...
...but a mutinous crew, feasting on a ship’s provisions, gorging themselves on the meat and intoxicating themselves with the liquors, but refusing to navigate the vessel to port."
Sir Henry Maine
The Magic Negro doesn't know the Crow's Nest from the Poop Deck and couldn't care less because he's so busy being a loose canon on deck.

Valerie's got the wheel but she's facing the stern.....

Location hidden

#1026281 Nov 18, 2013
We just had to get away from the English Monarchy...

"... Democracy is most accurately described as inverted Monarchy"

Radish

Location hidden

#1026282 Nov 18, 2013
{little boy to his mommy} Where do Homosexuals, Animal lovers, baby killers, global warming alarmist, atheists, Women's libbers, etc...come from?

"The legislative infertility of democracies springs from permanent causes. The prejudices of the people are far stronger than those of the privileged classes; they are far more vulgar; and they are far more dangerous, because they are apt to run counter to scientific conclusions."

Sir Henry Maine...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1026283 Nov 18, 2013
Junior wrote:
Obama would make a fair President of the Chicago sewage plant.
"Junior"
president nobama would probably also be alright as a referee for a circle jerk.
Peace
Wow

Covington, LA

#1026284 Nov 18, 2013
Oh please!
Hmmm

United States

#1026285 Nov 18, 2013
Really?
LCNLin

United States

#1026286 Nov 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dealing with a brain that consists of two Sides.
Hackers have thrown about 16 attacks at the US's HealthCare.gov website, a top US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) official says.

According to CNN, Acting Assistant Homeland Security Secretary Roberta Stempfley of the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications says that the attacks, now under investigation, all failed.

Ms. Stempfley testified at a hearing of the House Homeland Security (HHS) Committee, saying that the attempts were made between 6 and 8 November, but that none were successful.

Authorities are also investigating a separate report of a denial of service (DoS) tool designed to bombard the healthcare site with more requests than it can handle without going belly-up.

The tool was spotted for download from a few sites and mentioned in social media, as Arbor Networks researcher Marc Eisenbarth first described in a blog posting on 7 November.

Eisenbarth wrote at the time that there's been no evidence that HealthCare.gov has been subjected to any significant denial of service attacks since it went live in October.

He also said that the detected tool's request rate, non-distributed attack architecture and other limitations mean that the tool is "unlikely to succeed in affecting the availability of the healthcare.gov site."

The tool is designed to put a strain on the site by repeatedly alternating requests to the https://www.healthcare.gov and https:www.healthcare.gov/conta ct-us addresses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min ChristineM 245,248
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 32 min IBdaMann 6,513
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr spocko 310,376
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun stewart scott 29,854
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web