Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276069 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024190 Nov 15, 2013
Our moral and intellectual superior!

or...Horses, Yes! Chickens, No!

"All of them involved King’s aptly named animal cruelty task force. It killed thousands of chickens on ranches across New Mexico..."

http://www.nmcapitolreport.com/2013/11/ag-kin...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1024191 Nov 15, 2013
The reason why democrats created this mess we're in is because they voted for it on strict partisan lines behind closed doors bribing moderate democrats without even reading it and not bothering to convince one republican or the American people of its merits.

Ruining millions of lives was nothing more than a political ploy.

They were so afraid Republicans might have some kind of advantage if they told the truth, they deliberately made the decision to lie instead.

They've made their bed but instead of lying in it, many are saying "now it's time we all sat down together to fix it"...

"We"? Do they all have a mouse in their pockets?

Or did they just now figure out we've always been a two-party system and it wasn't all about them?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1024192 Nov 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, i'm not really sure what the Bush officials are thinking. Obama's poll numbers are nowhere near 22%.
neither were President Bush's at this point in his second term.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1024193 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Puke!
Sick again? What are you eating?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1024194 Nov 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm a progressive.
so i progress. you should try it.
If you call yourself "progressive", why are you causing the education system to regress from the best in the world to where it is today being the worst in the industrialized world?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you develop a culture where men abandon their children as a matter of cultural tradition?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you institute an economic and accounting system that is based on money growing on trees?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you promote proven failed ideologies like Marxism and communism that created the worst mass murderers in the history of civilization?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you align yourself with regressive ideologies like Islam that keeps women in sexual slavery?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you regress government all the way back to a point in civilization before the introduction of the Code of Hamurabi, where the head of state arbitrarily institutes any law he desires and ignores any written law?

... and there are so many more questions that prove you calling yourself "progressive" demonstrates you are of the most ignorant people living today, just like you calling yourself "liberal" while at the same time instituting a totalitarian dictatorship that eliminates individual rights and replaces them with priviledges subjectively distributed.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1024195 Nov 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>neither were President Bush's at this point in his second term.
same as Obama's at this point.

but what did the Bush inattention to detail cost us? much more than a program designed to reduce the deficit.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024196 Nov 15, 2013
Progressives have jumped the shark!

{New Jersey Assn of Healthcare Underwriters, on the 'fix':'This is a new Insanity'}

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/11/14/new-jers...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1024197 Nov 15, 2013
It seems all these fraud Democrat dupes disappeared yesterday. They probably had to attend an indoctrination session to receive the party line mantra concerning the impending impeachment of Eric Holder, and get the URLs for the spam to post.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1024198 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Puke!
Don't take your head away from the toilet. Here's something else that will make you puke:

The House is going to impeach Eric Holder.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1024199 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Puke!
Don't look in the mirror so early, lowlife.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1024200 Nov 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
as long as Carol(et al) keeps defending Bush......after 5 years of everyone wondering why.
If you voted for Obama… you're part of the problem you dumbass...

BTW, it was Hillary and Edwards who ran on a Mandate like ObamaKare.. Obama mocked them and said it would be like mandating everyone buy a house.

democRATs deserve BETTER than a fraud Obama bin Lyin, the Snake Oil salesman who hood winks the ignorant, poor and dupes fools like you sonicmoron... yet you are still ignorant, poor and duped you fool..

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1024201 Nov 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call yourself "progressive", why are you causing the education system to regress from the best in the world to where it is today being the worst in the industrialized world?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you develop a culture where men abandon their children as a matter of cultural tradition?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you institute an economic and accounting system that is based on money growing on trees?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you promote proven failed ideologies like Marxism and communism that created the worst mass murderers in the history of civilization?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you align yourself with regressive ideologies like Islam that keeps women in sexual slavery?
If you call yourself "progressive", why do you regress government all the way back to a point in civilization before the introduction of the Code of Hamurabi, where the head of state arbitrarily institutes any law he desires and ignores any written law?
... and there are so many more questions that prove you calling yourself "progressive" demonstrates you are of the most ignorant people living today, just like you calling yourself "liberal" while at the same time instituting a totalitarian dictatorship that eliminates individual rights and replaces them with priviledges subjectively distributed.
i'll address question #1.

Republicans Take America Back (To the 19th Century) By Cutting Education and Paved Roads

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/22/republ...

so i think you see how the rest of it will go.
RealSLIME

Palm Coast, FL

#1024202 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Puke!
The Obama NonAffordableScareAct
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1024203 Nov 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Puke!
It's the culture...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1024204 Nov 15, 2013
Another display cruel juvenile behavior from yet another member of cult church of liberal hate & nastiness:
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Puke!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1024205 Nov 15, 2013
House Republicans Want To Impeach Eric Holder For Refusing To Defend Unconstitutional Law

A fringe group of House Republicans announced this week they will try to make Attorney General Eric Holder the first cabinet official to be impeached since the reconstruction era. One of the reasons? He didn't defend an unconstitutional law.

One of the articles of impeachment against Holder backed by a small group of House Republicans, including Reps. Michele Bachmann (Minn.), Ted Yoho (Fla.) and Pete Olson (Texas), involves the Justice Department's decision not to defend key provisions of the Defense of Marriage Act in federal court. The Supreme Court, of course, agreed with the Obama administration's conclusion that the federal law recognizing only opposite-sex marriages was unconstitutional, and it struck down a portion of the law over the summer.

The Republicans also targeted Holder's decision not to sue Washington and Colorado for deciding to regulate rather than criminalize marijuana, arguing that he's not enforcing the Controlled Substances Act.

There are no signs that House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will act on the resolution, Politico reports, and his office is referring calls elsewhere. House Republicans previously voted to find Holder in contempt of Congress because the Justice Department refused to turn over certain documents related to the botched ATF operation known as Fast and Furious. Holder said earlier this year the vote didn't have a big impact on him because he had no respect for anyone who voted to hold him in contempt.

During a visit to St. Louis on Thursday as part of his Smart on Crime push, Holder criticized the "meaningless partisan" impeachment effort and said the resolution included "factually incorrect" allegations.

“I have serious things, serious things that I have to engage in," Holder said. "That is how I’m going to be spending my time and I’m not going to be devoting much attention to those kinds of things."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/eric...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024207 Nov 15, 2013
some random post on sharing wealth or success...

"If Obamacare had been a shining success from Day One, do you think the Democrats would be in the mood to share the credit? Then why should Republicans be in more of a mood to share the blame?"
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1024208 Nov 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I missed your post before. It can't be avoided - talking about social issues. The liberals salivate waiting for elections just to put that as their #1 focus because it's all they got.
The trick is for conservatives to take a strong stand using very few words. I've pointed out several times Reagan's response. "I'm for life." Nothing else needs to be said.
How can liberals make an issue out of someone being for life?
But to deny one's convictions to win an election makes a conservative candidate no different than liberals.
It's just how they must go about it. Galt and I actually agreed on that.
Especially when the majority are against abortion and the black community is possibly undergoing changes just because the Democratic Party doesn't represent their beliefs on these same issues.
Actually Carol we don't except when the right wing religious faction decides to use their power in some state legislatures to restrict what is a legal procedure.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024209 Nov 15, 2013
*Jonah Goldberg
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1024211 Nov 15, 2013
After the dust settles...

"Mosque that Boston suspects attended has radical ties"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min par five 247,418
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 6,880
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr RoSesz 310,231
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr tom wingo 29,926
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web