Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,961)

Showing posts 939,201 - 939,220 of1,072,295
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Fact Check: Obama Had More to Do With 2008 Economic Meltdown Than Bush Ever Did
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 2:02 PM

" President Barack Obama was a pioneering contributor to the national subprime real estate bubble, and roughly half of the 186 African-American clients in his landmark 1995 mortgage discrimination lawsuit against Citibank have since gone bankrupt or received foreclosure notices…

…Obama has pursued the same top-down mortgage lending policies in the White House.

Obama’s lawsuit was one element of a national “anti-redlining” campaign led by Chicago’s progressive groups, who argued that banks unfairly refused to lend money to people living within so-called “redlines” around African-American communities. The campaign was powered by progressives’ moral claim that their expertise could boost home ownership among the United States’ most disadvantaged minority, African-Americans."
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

dont snow me wrote:
" The guilt for the subprime mortgage financial crisis lies both with the lenders who knowingly put borrowers into booby trapped mortgages and the management of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for making a market for such booby trapped mortgages thus giving the lenders the incentive for writing them."
gee, lemons were forced down the throats of financial institutions and they made lemonade, what a shock. Who could have foreseen that?
This is the policies of liberals, over and over. Just force folly and to hell with the consequences.
Repeating the same stupidity doesn't make it less stupid.

“no one told me”

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Whose policies led to the credit crisis?
posted at 9:40 am on September 16, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

The credit crisis and the lack of oversight over government-subsidized lenders like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac occurred on the watch of George Bush, and many blame his economic team for their lack of oversight in the collapse. Barack Obama has made this point one of his major campaign themes, arguing that John McCain would provide more of the same failures that Bush did. However, what many do not recall is that Bush wanted to tighten oversight with a new regulatory board for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and other government recipients for the express purpose of addressing bad loan practices — and Democrats blocked it.

“no one told me”

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Ah so now your blaming minorities. Stupid, stupid, stupid, you've cornered the market.
No fatboy, but that started what had been a trickle into a flood and here we are. Gawd you're ignorant and likely stupid to boot.

“no one told me”

Denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Homer wrote:
So Freddie and Fannie loosen the regulations probably spurred on by pressure from the Bush regime, criminals in the guise of mortgage companies take advantage and it's F&F's fault.
Criminal lenders sold those crap mortgages which they knew were crap to criminal banks until the entire ponzy scheme collapsed because the Bush Cabal could no longer prop them up because we spent all our money on the useless war in Iraq and the never-ending war on terror.
But hey lets go after the welfare recipients and people on food stamps.
Your debating skills are in inverse proportion to your massive girth.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Ah so now your blaming minorities. Stupid, stupid, stupid, you've cornered the market.
Veterans day, national Sundae day__what could be better eh?

Not much happiness here among the the right however__it must suck to suck.

DOW at "another" all time high, gasoline here slipped under $3 today.

Kennedy tonight__PBS

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
suggest you look up the regulations defining household employee versus independent contractor....
when lily comes to your house and vacuums the carpets at your direction using your vacuum cleaner, then lily is a household employee, not an independent contractor...
of course, you have no problem at all until lily gets audited and rats you out to save her ass...
IRS has a bounty system for snitches...
You probably made Joan nervous, she has bragged about having gardeners and housekeepers for years. And yet she wasn't paying her or their fair share.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Tony Perkins wants the ‘liberty’ to deny birth control:‘That’s why the Pilgrims came here’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/11/tony-pe...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Veterans day, national Sundae day__what could be better eh?
Kennedy tonight__PBS
Killing Kennedy? It was on last night.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true caveman "you wanted eat", grunt. gfy, you Texans are a bunch of dummies.
What are your credentials, airhead?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

"It's easy to use the poor as a scapegoat as they have no voice in corporate America." - Homer(I) 2016
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

<quoted text>
No, PBS special on Kennedy, tonight.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't American Bandstand, fatboy.
Hey, Harmy, you still listening to Lawrence Welk? I mean, calling people you've never seen "fat" really shouts junior high bully mentality.
Sal Marino

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

So interesting how the unions supported him and now they don't. Politics is all self dealing, especially, our communist president and senate
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Veterans day, national Sundae day__what could be better eh?
Kennedy tonight__PBS
My wife is a vet. Gas still in the 3.20's here. Just keep the Republicans out of the White House and it will continue to climb along with Homer's 401K. My wife wanted to watch it, we may have to check out the Kennedy special.

Kenndey to Bush, man how far did we fall? Rhetorical.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess that leaves oppressiveness as the reason she won't retire in her homeland. After all, she married a sheketz. Horrors!!!
Well, it just depends on which side of oppressiveness fetchie is on!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>We should recognize that losers can only aspire to become liberals, with or without family, government, welfare, living in a gated Chicago ghetto or clinging to a life in prison...
Wonder how many conservatives are in prison or on death row??
It's the culture...
True. Especially if you don't considered Club Fed incarceration...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Every day on this thread the rightwingers are 'Killing Kennedy' with their ignorance, racism, and unwillingness to think for themselves." - Homer(I) 2016

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Squeeler, but here's more:
San José State University
Department of Economics
The Nature and the Origin
San Jose State??? Well, that's obviously farther you ever went, but still...why don't you post a link instead of copy/paste/cherrypick.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
typical leftwinger who believes that lack of money justifies stealing...
Bernie Madoff believed the opposite....

People like Jeff Skilling used the SEC as the cause to their problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 939,201 - 939,220 of1,072,295
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••