Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
938,861 - 938,880 of 1,095,151 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Some random poster...

"Thieves have to work for Obamacare to find out what’s in it."

Noovuss
Mr Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose your indocrtrinated propaganda never educated you on the base principle of Ayn Rand's idealistic plots. The more people who achieve individual success, the better it is for EVERYONE else. Otherwise, we'll be subjected to the same poverty-stricken living conditions that were evident in every communist country that ever existed in history.
You should take into account that pure, unregulated capitalism can lead to the same kind of mass poverty and totalitarian rule as the far left.

The reason being, that while capitalism is an efficient driver of the market, the capital it produces tends to stick to the hands of a few. And with wealth comes political influence out of all proportion to the numbers who wield it.

Or do you think the political lobbyists of K Street speak for the common voter? Let's not be naieve.

The unregulated capitalism of the 1920s led to the Great Depression of the 1930s. And if not for the social programs of FDR, there could have been a revolution.

To which the wealthy would have used every means in their power to crush. The use of tanks and cavalry on the peaceful Bonus Marchers during Hoover's presidency comes to mind here.

In 2008, capitalism was once again was in crisis. But the safety nets created under Roosevelt were still in place, and more were set up to bail out the distressed banks, AIG and General Motors.

So say what you will about FDR, liberalism and social programs. They work better than you conservatives admit.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Supreme Court declares the Constitution invalid, then they are also declaring their authority given to them by the Constitution invalid, dumbass. Thus, if the Supreme Court declares the Constitution to not be the governing instrument of the United States, then they also declare that they are not the authorized interpreters of the Constitution, idiot.
The most brilliant thing about the Constitution is it was written so the average person can easily read and understand it. Thus, the average person will be aware that the government has eliminated the Constitution and replaced it with something else.
And, now, the question you will have to answer:
Do you think there are so few Americans who believe in the Constitution that you can do this without starting a major war with the American people?
That's a "yes" or "no" question, dupe.
The United States of America is governmened by the Constitution. Period. End of statement. End of discussion.
For that to change, the constitutional republic of the United States has to be eliminated.
Period. End of statement. End of discussion.
Any further discussion on this matter will be with guns.
Good luck on your G E D exam
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

How the Tea Party’s Apocalyptic Politics Are Destroying the Republican Party

Leaders of the Tea Party are willing to wreck the Republican Party, the government, and the economy to prove that Obama is evil and God is on their side.

Want to know why the Tea Party so eager to grievously wound the Republican Party? The answer is as simple as it is counterintuitive: its leaders view themselves as modern prophets of the apocalypse.

In the aftermath of the great government shutdown of 2013, the Tea Party continues to cause heartburn for establishment Republicans. Consider the results of last week’s elections, which offer clues to the internecine GOP battles that lie ahead. Although it’s much too early to draw hard conclusions, Chris Christie proved that a moderate, common-sense Republican could win in deep blue New Jersey, while in purple Virginia the wild-eyed social reactionary Ken Cuccinelli failed to gain traction outside his uber-conservative Christian-right base.

Yet the Tea Party is willing to defy overwhelming negative public opinion, wreck the government, risk plunging the world economy into chaos and invite political defeat. The driving force behind this destructive strategy is that Tea Party zealots answer to a “higher calling.”

They believe America teeters on the brink of destruction, and hold as an article of faith that liberals, gays, Democrats, atheists and the United Nations are to blame. This “end-times” world-view is a foundational precept of the evangelical movement, from which many of the so-called Tea Party favorites spring. Scholars call it apocalypticism.

....Now if you are battling the forces of evil for the very survival of the nation, there can be no retreat, no compromise, and no deals. Like the Jewish zealots at Masada, it’s better to commit glorious suicide than make peace with the devil. There can be no truce with the Tea Party because its apocalyptic zealots can never take “yes” for an answer.

Since the apocalyptists cannot compromise, they must be beaten. President Obama and congressional Democrats seem to have finally grasped this fact, and are learning how to deal with them. By refusing to knuckle under to extortion in the government shutdown drama, Obama exposed their reckless radicalism and won resoundingly.

But Democrats can’t solve this problem alone. To bring any semblance of order back to the American political system and restore a functioning two-party system, the GOP has to find its own equilibrium. Thankfully, this process has already begun.

Establishment Republicans, corporate CEOs and Wall Street moguls stand appalled at the Tea Party monster they helped to create. Formerly cowed into silence, they are beginning to see the handwriting on the wall and speak out against the self-destructive zealots.

In conservative Virginia, Ken Cuccinelli was largely abandoned by the GOP establishment. Many Republican leaders even went so far as to endorse the Democrat, Terry McAuliffe. Unable to raise significant money from the Republican establishment, Cuccinelli was outspent more than ten-to-one. While Virginians rejected a conservative who believes government’s role is to regulate morality, New Jersey voters chose a conservative Republican who believes government has a constructive, practical role to play.

The contrast is striking – and instructive. Until Republicans slug it out among themselves and decide which kind of party they want to be, we will continue to lurch from crisis to crisis.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11...

more stumble than lurch it seems.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>in case you didn't know: which seems highly likely: the Eagle is a protected bird. Liberals and old bats, not so much--they could be the same.
Ooop's scientists have revised their estimates and now report that house cats kill over one billion wild birds per year.

Many of the bird species are protected such as the scrub jay and the long shafted purple headed nutslinger.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious the ONE witness never saw a thing.
I've always wondered how Officer Tippet knew exactly where to find Oswald in a remote neighborhood, among many other things that are just too weird to believe.

My wife noticed the sudden explosion of television shows promoting a conspiracy and pointed them out to me. I thought she was talking about some of the older shows that are re-run from time to time. What I saw was a horde of new shows that had begun to be aired in concert on several unrelated cable channels. I watched one of them out of curiosity. As do all of the previous shows, they ignored some things that stand out to me. The first is the two second difference in the Zapruder film between Kennedy reacting to being shot the first time and the lapel of Connely's coat being lifted by the exit of the bullet and his cheeks exploding with air being forced from his lungs by the impact of a bullet. Obviously, the Zapruder film shows two different shots there. Another is, there is no way the bullet shown directly impacted and smashed a rib and a lower arm bone to the point of both the rib and arm bone disintegrated. In fact, that bullet looks identical to any bullet that would be fired into a test chamber filled with water. And, that bullet was found on a gurney in the hallway that had never been used by Connely.
I also look at it from the perspective of a shooter. I've always thought the grassy knoll was a ludicrous location. If I were the shooter, and I had to hit a moving target within the diameter of a human head, where would I want to take that shot from? The position for the highest probability of success would be from directly behind the moving target with as low of an angle as possible. It would not be from a building not even on the street the target was travelling along. There existed a building directly behind and along a straight line in the direction of travel of the target at the time of the shooting which has always been ignored by every analysis. If a conspiracy existed, it is proved the conspirators could place a shooter in a building. Then, why not place the shooter in the building that gives the best possible chances for a hit? After all, the penalty for missing this shot is very, very severe. I doubt they would choose a position that is the most likely to fail over the position that would most likely succeed. Since, that building has been taken down and no longer exists.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Donors plot against GOP rebel

Business leaders are plotting to take down Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) as part of a broader effort to punish lawmakers over the government shutdown.

In a letter obtained by The Hill, prominent Michigan donors request financial backing for Amash’s primary challenger, Brian Ellis. Seven individuals, including prominent Michigan businessmen Mark Bissell, J.C. Huizenga and Mike Jandernoa, signed the fundraising plea.

They argue that Amash “and others have effectively nullified the Republican majority in the U.S. House.”

“[Amash] and a small group of like-minded legislators rejected Speaker Boehner’s plea to pass legislation requiring Congress and the president be subject to ObamaCare, and put on hold the special new tax on medical equipment. This irresponsible action hurt over 50 great West Michigan businesses and was part of the chaos that led the nation to the edge of default,” the letter says.

The letter was printed on Ellis’s campaign stationery.

“These are folks I’ve known for a long time, and they’re excited about my candidacy,” Ellis told The Hill.

Ellis said his supporters have expressed frustration with the conservative wing of the GOP and the shutdown strategy.

“To a large degree, they’re not happy with the faction that my opponent represents,” he said.

“I'm hearing it from everybody.[The shutdown was] no way to run a country. It's no way to govern.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-prima...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Wind turbine blades kill over 600,000 bats @ year__where is the outrage?
BTW house cats kill over 50 million birds per year.
Mine do a job on the lizards!

Cats are murderers!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

"Researchers are puzzled. They can't tell if the lull is temporary or the onset of a decades-long decline, which might ease global warming a bit by altering the sun's brightness or the wavelengths of its light."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

NOGALES, Ariz.— Many communities across the U.S. have problems getting reimbursed for sending ambulances to pick up patients, but for one community along the U.S.-Mexico border, the delinquent party is the federal government, which the city of Nogales says owes it hundreds of thousands of dollars for picking up immigrants.

The Arizona city billed the federal government for hundreds of ambulance sorties dispatched to calls from federal agents when they find someone injured, but the government has paid less than 20 cents on the dollar — leaving Nogales to bear the burden of more than $250,000 in the past fiscal year alone.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
The USS Gerald R Ford.
I can think of so many better names for an aircraft carrier in the United States Navy. I cannot imagine what motivated naming a carrier after the first unelected president of the United States who's tenure was most noted by the unilateral world-wide retreat of the United States during the Cold War, which continued until Ronald Reagan became president.
A ship in the US Navy has a name assigned very early in its program. I can guarantee the original name for that aircraft carrier wasn't the Gerald R Ford.
Now, just why would this administration change the name to that of what every Democrat called the most inept president in US history?
Hillary Clinton commissioned it. Can you imagine Hillary commissioning the USS Ronald Reagan? Just because of the name, she'd never do it. That's how much she actually respects the Armed Forces... if her complicity in the murder of a US ambassador and 3 other Americans in Benghazi wasn't enough to convince you of that.
President Ford served as an officer in the US Navy in the Pacific on the aircraft carrier USS Monterey.

Ford was a far better President than the current pretender.

get a life...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
JFK wouldn't have pissed on Oblamer, Pelosi, Reid, etc. He would weep if he saw what they have done and are trying to do.
The two JFK quotes that characterizes just how far the progressive liberals have taken the Democratic Party from its origins:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."

(No one has to pray for an easy life, Obama welcomes all those who feel entitled to it with open arms.)

"I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose."

(Progressive liberals have no use for military strength, moral restraint, wealth and wisdom - and condemn those who do.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>Anne Rand was on Medicare would have signed up for the ACA
Medicare Part A is automatic at age 65 for anyone who has paid taxes to the Social Security system, whether they want the coverage or not.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
JFK would be a moderate conservative today. Your party was hijacked by progressive liberalism. Not the same party anymore.
That is such a conservative lie. Right out of the mouth of Faux news. JFK initiated the food stamp program for Pete's sake!

John F. Kennedy, Sept. 14, 1960:

"What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label ‘Liberal?’ If by ‘Liberal’ they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer’s dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of ‘Liberal.’”

But if by a “Liberal” they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a “Liberal,” then I’m proud to say I’m a “Liberal.”

John F. Kennedy on increasing and expanding the minimum wage:

“The bill will extend to the lowest paid workers — to 3˝ million men and women and their families — a fairer opportunity to share our high standard of living. TO PASS THEM BY - TO WATER DOWN THE HELP THEY NEED, OR MERELY ASSUME THAT PROSPERITY AT THE TOP WILL SOMEDAY REACH THEM - SHOCKS THE CONSCIENCE OF THOSE WHO CARE."

Summary of JFK's Feb. 2, 1961 “Special Message to the Congress Program for Economic Recovery and Growth” speech:

1. The addition of a temporary thirteen-week supplement to jobless benefits
2. The extension of aid to the children of unemployed workers,
3. The redevelopment of distressed areas
4. An increase in Social Security payments and the encouragement of earlier retirement
5. An increase in the minimum wage and an extension in coverage
6. The provision of emergency relief to feed grain farmers, and
7. The financing of a comprehensive homebuilding and slum clearance program.

JFK, May 20, 1962 on health care:

“The fact of the matter is that what we are now talking about doing, most of the countries of Europe did years ago. The British did it 30 years ago. We are behind every country, pretty nearly, in Europe, in this matter of medical care for our citizens.”

Like most claims made by Republicans, claiming JFK as a moderate conservative is just not rational.

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/03/stop_calling_...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can use your indepth knowledge of history to clarify the points in the post. Here is the post again in case you decide to put some content into your post:
The USS Gerald R Ford.
I can think of so many better names for an aircraft carrier in the United States Navy. I cannot imagine what motivated naming a carrier after the first unelected president of the United States who's tenure was most noted by the unilateral world-wide retreat of the United States during the Cold War, which continued until Ronald Reagan became president.
A ship in the US Navy has a name assigned very early in its program. I can guarantee the original name for that aircraft carrier wasn't the Gerald R Ford.
Now, just why would this administration change the name to that of what every Democrat called the most inept president in US history?
Hillary Clinton commissioned it. Can you imagine Hillary commissioning the USS Ronald Reagan? Just because of the name, she'd never do it. That's how much she actually respects the Armed Forces... if her complicity in the murder of a US ambassador and 3 other Americans in Benghazi wasn't enough to convince you of that.
USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78)
PCU Gerald R. Ford CVN-78
PCU Gerald R. Ford at a shipyard in October 2013.
Career
Namesake: Gerald R. Ford
Awarded: 10 September 2008
Builder: Huntington Ingalls Industries
Cost:$15.5 billion[1]
Laid down: 13 November 2009[2]
Sponsored by: Susan Ford[3]
Christened: 9 November 2013[4]
Commissioned: est. 2016[5]
Badge: USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) crest.png
General characteristics
Class & type: Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier
Displacement: 112,000 tons[6]
Length: 1,106 ft (337 m)
Beam: 256 ft (78 m)
Height: nearly 250 ft (76 m)
Decks: 25
Installed power: Nuclear
Propulsion: 2 × A1B reactor
Speed: 30+ knots
Range: Unlimited distance; 20-25 years
Complement: 4,660
Armament: Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile
Rolling Airframe Missile
Close-in weapons system (CIWS)
Aircraft carried: More than 75
Notes: Electromagnetic aircraft catapult (not steam), gender neutral lavatories
PCU Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) is to be the lead ship of its class of United States Navy supercarriers. As announced by the U.S. Navy on 16 January 2007, the ship is named after the 38th President of the United States Gerald R. Ford, whose World War II naval service included combat duty aboard the light aircraft carrier Monterey in the Pacific Theater.[7]
The keel of Gerald R. Ford was laid down on 13 November 2009.[2] Construction began on 11 August 2005, when Northrop Grumman held a ceremonial steel cut for a 15-ton plate that will form part of a side shell unit of the carrier. It was christened on 9 November 2013.[8] The schedule calls for the ship to join the U.S. Navy’s fleet in 2016. Gerald R. Ford will enter the fleet replacing the inactive USS Enterprise (CVN-65), which ended its 51 years of active service in December 2012.[9][10]
Vodka

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine do a job on the lizards!
Cats are murderers!
It's your vodka, lily.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Donors plot against GOP rebel
Business leaders are plotting to take down Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) as part of a broader effort to punish lawmakers over the government shutdown.
In a letter obtained by The Hill, prominent Michigan donors request financial backing for Amash’s primary challenger, Brian Ellis. Seven individuals, including prominent Michigan businessmen Mark Bissell, J.C. Huizenga and Mike Jandernoa, signed the fundraising plea.
They argue that Amash “and others have effectively nullified the Republican majority in the U.S. House.”
“[Amash] and a small group of like-minded legislators rejected Speaker Boehner’s plea to pass legislation requiring Congress and the president be subject to ObamaCare, and put on hold the special new tax on medical equipment. This irresponsible action hurt over 50 great West Michigan businesses and was part of the chaos that led the nation to the edge of default,” the letter says.
The letter was printed on Ellis’s campaign stationery.
“These are folks I’ve known for a long time, and they’re excited about my candidacy,” Ellis told The Hill.
Ellis said his supporters have expressed frustration with the conservative wing of the GOP and the shutdown strategy.
“To a large degree, they’re not happy with the faction that my opponent represents,” he said.
“I'm hearing it from everybody.[The shutdown was] no way to run a country. It's no way to govern.”
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-prima...
"business leaders" and the Republican establishment have zero credibility and influence with Republican voters....

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
80 is probably an underestimate, you old hag...
by the way, do you understand blind trusts???...
Sure, a blind trust is for hiding financial holdings to avoid whatever accusation could surface. As Romney said, "The blind trust is an age-old ruse."
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is such a conservative lie. Right out of the mouth of Faux news. JFK initiated the food stamp program for Pete's sake!
John F. Kennedy, Sept. 14, 1960:
"What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label ‘Liberal?’ If by ‘Liberal’ they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer’s dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of ‘Liberal.’”
But if by a “Liberal” they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people — their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties — someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a “Liberal,” then I’m proud to say I’m a “Liberal.”
John F. Kennedy on increasing and expanding the minimum wage:
“The bill will extend to the lowest paid workers — to 3˝ million men and women and their families — a fairer opportunity to share our high standard of living. TO PASS THEM BY - TO WATER DOWN THE HELP THEY NEED, OR MERELY ASSUME THAT PROSPERITY AT THE TOP WILL SOMEDAY REACH THEM - SHOCKS THE CONSCIENCE OF THOSE WHO CARE."
Summary of JFK's Feb. 2, 1961 “Special Message to the Congress Program for Economic Recovery and Growth” speech:
1. The addition of a temporary thirteen-week supplement to jobless benefits
2. The extension of aid to the children of unemployed workers,
3. The redevelopment of distressed areas
4. An increase in Social Security payments and the encouragement of earlier retirement
5. An increase in the minimum wage and an extension in coverage
6. The provision of emergency relief to feed grain farmers, and
7. The financing of a comprehensive homebuilding and slum clearance program.
JFK, May 20, 1962 on health care:
“The fact of the matter is that what we are now talking about doing, most of the countries of Europe did years ago. The British did it 30 years ago. We are behind every country, pretty nearly, in Europe, in this matter of medical care for our citizens.”
Like most claims made by Republicans, claiming JFK as a moderate conservative is just not rational.
http://www.salon.com/2013/11/03/stop_calling_...
Perhaps you old woman or the drmokkkRatic party should practice what Kennedy said in a great conservative speech.

"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"... Kennedy a conservative

Today's twisted Marxist liberal attitude is:

"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you"... Obama a Socialist

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
except that the program was initiated by LBJ, not JFK...

so we can blame LBJ for the debacle...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min ChristineM 225,543
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 18 hr RICK SERVICE 28
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Bruin For Life 26,952
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon godless by choice 305,378
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••