Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383694 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1022227 Nov 11, 2013
Uncle Joey Biden wrote:
<quoted text> Bwhahahahahahahahahaha...
I think the libtard meant:

Watch Obama and you'll learn something about how the Titanic happened.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1022228 Nov 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Lois thinks it's the Democrats who keep bringing up abortion!
She's convinced herself that Obamaphones are being handed out like candy! I wish she'd go and try to apply for welfare or foodstamps!
Then she'd have a rude awakening. I don't know what the income threshold is but it's pretty low and you can't own a car or have any assets. If people lie about it and get caught, they go to jail. I read the comments on that article on the homeless guy who turned in $850 he found in NJ; no one claimed it so it was his. It was counted as income and so his benefits were cut. He should have just kept the money and shut up about it. Some of those vets talking about trying to get help said they're only getting $16.00 a month in foodstamps and she thinks they're living large. It's sickening.
Another Vietnam vet attempted suicide this morning in FTL, they want to deport him and he's in his 50's. How can you be deported if you've served this country in war? Lots of messed up shyt goes on when you're poor; they have no clue how tough it is.
where do you come up with all the bullsht you post on here?

btw, watching you 2 drunks try and sound informed is hilarious. Keep up the good work.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1022230 Nov 11, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Only you right wing morons are running around crying the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!
Obama doesn't "give a crap" because he is a winner that makes things happen, unlike you losers that wring their hands and whine when there's a bump in the road. Watch Obama and you'll learn something about problem solving.
how sappy can you get, mini me?

btw, thanks for keeping my presence known in my absence.
Mr Lib

United States

#1022231 Nov 11, 2013
These constant flyweight attacks on Obama have the obvious goal of drawing attention away from the Bush disaster.

As in:

1. Two unfinished wars, one of which he lied us into.

2. A growing recession.

3. A bank crisis created by bad bank loans and credit default swaps, which the Congressional GOP Majority failed to rein in.

Now the Country is paying for it, and the GOP carnival barkers are ranting desperately in an effort to distract from Bush's part.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1022232 Nov 11, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Only you right wing morons are running around crying the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!
Obama doesn't "give a crap" because he is a winner that makes things happen, unlike you losers that wring their hands and whine when there's a bump in the road. Watch Obama and you'll learn something about problem solving.
Watch Obama and you'll learn something about problem solving?? LMFAO....

Bush flew fighter jets you idiot... Obama drives golf carts and relies on teleprompters... See the difference you dumbass??

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1022233 Nov 11, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
These constant flyweight attacks on Obama have the obvious goal of drawing attention away from the Bush disaster.
As in:
1. Two unfinished wars, one of which he lied us into.
2. A growing recession.
3. A bank crisis created by bad bank loans and credit default swaps, which the Congressional GOP Majority failed to rein in.
Now the Country is paying for it, and the GOP carnival barkers are ranting desperately in an effort to distract from Bush's part.
"We can admit that there are some real, deep, fundamental problems with this president." James Carville.

It's the culture...
No Comment

New Port Richey, FL

#1022234 Nov 11, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
Bush

Bush's part.
Did you get to keep your health care policy, libtard?
How about your doctor?

Was Benghazi Bush's fault, too?

Is debating raising the debt ceiling leadership FAILURE,...or not?

Obama is "SORRY".
He said so himself.

(Unless he was LYING.........again.)
Mr Lib

United States

#1022235 Nov 11, 2013
The Retardicans sure did a great job prior to 9-11.

Tenet provided several warnings, all of which Bush ignored.

Then him and Bonehead Cheney attacked the wrong country.

Anyone who elects a Republican to office after those disasters needs to have his head examined.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1022236 Nov 11, 2013
Social Media facebook hates obamakare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks, losers, and Hispanics...

https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...

"Carole Pratt facebook:- I have had my own private policy that I will not be able to afford to keep once the rates triple per the letter I received from Humana. I'm not eligible for "affordable" coverage on the exchange, don't qualify for subsidy. I am living, documented proof this is system will not work for me. No propaganda here."

Addie Cola facebook:- I'm 26 and uninsured and I refuse to sign up for this disaster. October 21 at 1:00pm via mobile

Janet King Beckett facebook:- Again, the Affordable Health Care Act is not for everyone. I found that out when I discovered the BRoNZE plan would cost us $6K each in my family. And that's the bottom of the barrel plan. Good luck y'all!!! We are all screwed because of this stupid government program. Another tax on the middle class!!

It's the culture...
Mr Lib

United States

#1022237 Nov 11, 2013
Bush flew outdated fighter jets safe in the rear that would never be used in combat. His whole stint in the National Guard was a dodge out of Vietnam.
Mr Lib

United States

#1022238 Nov 11, 2013
Under Bush, the MMS (Mining and Mineral Services) allowed oil companies to fill out their own inspection reports.

That led to the massive BP oil spill.
Mr Lib

United States

#1022239 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize is the true face of the Republican Party.

Racist, imperialistic, a cheerleader for wars of aggression, corporate greed, contempt of the needy and a bootlicker of the rich.

In other words, as unAmerican as one can possibly be.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1022240 Nov 11, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
Bush flew outdated fighter jets safe in the rear that would never be used in combat. His whole stint in the National Guard was a dodge out of Vietnam.
Obama drives golf carts and relies on teleprompters... See the difference you dumbass??

It's the culture...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1022241 Nov 11, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
50,000 signing up is "happening"?
Oregon O'bamacare exchange has Zero--big fat Zero, nadda, zip zero.
http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/11/11/oregon...

Oregon looking for the illusive snipe aka O'bama supporter.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1022242 Nov 11, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
whose doing that, nutjob?
WHO PAYS THE INCOME TAXES IN AMERICA? The list of Democrats complaining the ... We are going to take back America in 2012.~~~~~~~~~ Exclusive ...
allow me to share some enlightening data on who pays what income tax in the United States. We have a progressive (or regressive if you choose to look it the tax code correctly) in 2009, the latest available figures on income tax collection:
• The top 1%(1.4 million) paid 40.42% on income of $2.8 trillion.
• The top 2.5%( 5.65 million) paid 20.2%
• The top 5%( 7 million) paid 60%
• The top 10% paid 71.2% of all income taxes on income of $4.227 trillion.
Collected taxes :$794 billion

Well, Gee Whiz: Using 2007 figures, the top 1% owns 42 Percent Of The Nation’s Wealth. The next 4% owns 27% of the Nation's Wealth. The next 5% owns 11% of the Nation's Wealth and the next 10% owns 12% of the Nation's Wealth. Leaving the bottom 80 percent of tax payers owning only 7 percent of the nation's wealth. Heck, if the top 10% only paid 71.2% of all income taxes....they didn't pay enough!!

The bottom 80% are getting screwed.... especially given the fact that the top 1 Percent owns half of the country’s stocks, bonds, and mutual funds which are taxed at a lower rate. 39.4% is owned by the 90-99% and 50-90% owns 9.3%.

"As Professor Elizabeth Warren has explained,“there is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody…Part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/10/03/3...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1022243 Nov 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has zero credibility on any issue...guns in particular...
just as he said nobody would lose their insurance or their doctor, you can count that he plans to take away their guns...
Oh No!!! The sky is falling!! Watch out for those acorns!
Mr Lib

United States

#1022244 Nov 11, 2013
The GOP...

*Party of the Great Depression

*Party of J. Edgar Hoover who used the FBI as a tool of political oppression (Cointelpro).

*Party of raving mad Joe McCarthy who destroyed reputations and careers with wild accusations.

*Party which approved CIA overthrew of democracy in Iran in 1953 and replaced it with dictatorship. Now Iran is our enemy.

*Party of Watergate and "Tricky *Dick* Nixon"

*Party of Iran-Contra

*Party that blew it on 9-11.

*Party of Iraq-War-by-Lies

*Party of the BP oil spill

*Party of taxbreaks for the rich

And finally...

*Party of failed economic theories (trickle down economics)

Prevented this

#1022245 Nov 11, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
Under Bush, the MMS (Mining and Mineral Services) allowed oil companies to fill out their own inspection reports.
That led to the massive BP oil spill.
but but the BP oil spill happened while O'bama was in office--as a matter of fact didn't O'bama present them with an Award?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1022246 Nov 11, 2013
Mr Lib wrote:
No Surprize is the true face of the Republican Party.
Racist, imperialistic, a cheerleader for wars of aggression, corporate greed, contempt of the needy and a bootlicker of the rich.
In other words, as unAmerican as one can possibly be.
Since you're nothing but, and will never be anything but a deranged left brain plantation democrat, who cares what you think idiot...

Yep that be Patrick you dumbass, it's rare when one can find the complete idiot... with you stupid, we get the entire moron and package...

Hollywood & Occupy Michael Moore: "Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama"...

It's the culture...

Prevented this

#1022247 Nov 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Gee Whiz: Using 2007 figures, the top 1% owns 42 Percent Of The Nation’s Wealth. The next 4% owns 27% of the Nation's Wealth. The next 5% owns 11% of the Nation's Wealth and the next 10% owns 12% of the Nation's Wealth. Leaving the bottom 80 percent of tax payers owning only 7 percent of the nation's wealth. Heck, if the top 10% only paid 71.2% of all income taxes....they didn't pay enough!!
The bottom 80% are getting screwed.... especially given the fact that the top 1 Percent owns half of the country’s stocks, bonds, and mutual funds which are taxed at a lower rate. 39.4% is owned by the 90-99% and 50-90% owns 9.3%.
"As Professor Elizabeth Warren has explained,“there is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody…Part of the underlying social contract is you take a hunk of that and pay forward for the next kid who comes along.”
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/10/03/3...
Funny you should mention Elizabeth Warren, she will be your democrat nominee in 2016--Hillary is kicked to the curb for the last time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 255,314
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 hr Into The Night 9,637
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA 18 hr predators still o... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Fri cpeter1313 311,215
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
More from around the web