Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1603018 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021817 Nov 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The two JFK quotes that characterizes just how far the progressive liberals have taken the Democratic Party from its origins:
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
(No one has to pray for an easy life, Obama welcomes all those who feel entitled to it with open arms.)
"I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose."
(Progressive liberals have no use for military strength, moral restraint, wealth and wisdom - and condemn those who do.)
Good thing you ducked and danced away from your point regarding the IRS eh?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021818 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you old woman or the drmokkkRatic party should practice what Kennedy said in a great conservative speech.
"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country"... Kennedy a conservative
Today's twisted Marxist liberal attitude is:
"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you"... Obama a Socialist
It's the culture...
lol! poor baby. always going off topic since you have no idea what the topic is about!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1021819 Nov 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Goddamn liar; go to church and pray for forgiveness for your habitual lies every day; it's sickening.
Furthermore; we have not forgotten the shyt you sicko rightwingers said about Kennedy as well. Nothing but filthy dirty mouths on all of you.
On the occasion of an Obama trip to Texas this year, Texas Observer Editor Bob Moser wrote about the obvious connections between the Birchers of the early 1960s and the tea partiers of today:
The denizens of Texas nut country did not kill Kennedy that day. But many celebrated openly and joyously after Lee Harvey Oswald did. Birchers and Klansmen gloated. Elementary-school students in the Dallas 'burbs broke into spontaneous applause. In Amarillo, a reporter witnessed jubilation in the streets, with men whooping and tossing their hats in the air and one woman crying out, "Hey, great, JFK's croaked!"
Fast-forward 46 years and nine months. To a right-wing Texas that can once again be aptly described as "nut country." To another presidential visit, slated for Aug. 9. To another time when a vocal minority of Texans are expressing open, slanderous and rhetorically violent hostility toward a president whose greatest crime is not being a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant...
Back then, the right-wing extremists were backed by ultraconservative newspaper publishers, oilmen and preachers. Nowadays, the White Right's bigotry is openly shared and encouraged by the state's highest official, Gov. Rick Perry. Another notable difference: In the Texas of today, most of the state's leading Democrats are too puny and poll-driven to have their president's back...
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2010/...
Make yourself sheep lily and Carol will eat you..

Democrats win elections humping the backs of the poor...

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021820 Nov 11, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Morons like USAsince1680 & today's Democrat Party"
"Ask not what I can do, but what can I take from my kids & grandkids"
lol! Don't worry mr for-eign-er... your country's tax laws differ!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1021821 Nov 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the problem though...suppose Galt pays some guy a few bucks to do some yard work or some teenager a few bucks to babysit...do you seriously expect Galt to report this to the IRS and do all the paperwork???....
never happen...
on the other hand, businesses that pay some employees under the table are different...
IRS agents should be horsewhipped for going after kids lemonade stands...
It's not up to you to report what you pay to an independent contractor. The law states that there is no minimum amount that a taxpayer may exclude from gross income. However, of course, a kid's lemonade stand really isn't going to make enough money to owe taxes.

"Fees received for babysitting, housecleaning and lawn cutting are all examples of taxable income, even if each client paid less than $600 for the year. Someone who repairs computers in his or her spare time needs to report all monies earned as self-employment income even if no one person paid more than $600 for repairs."

Even bartering is taxable income. "The fair market value of goods and services exchanged is fully taxable and must be included on Form 1040 in the income of both parties.

For example, a plumber doing repair work for a dentist in exchange for dental services must report the value of those services as income.

That is the law. Honesty and integrity will be the guide as to whether the income is reported.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021822 Nov 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but, unfortunately, progressive liberals such as yourself better fit JFK's description of what a "liberal" wasn't in his mind:
"someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer’s dollar..."
If the progressive liberal shoe fits...
lol! You're such an idiot son.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021823 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Make yourself sheep lily and Carol will eat you..
Democrats win elections humping the backs of the poor...
It's the culture...
lol! So cons are bought by the rich son?

wow.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1021824 Nov 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! poor baby. always going off topic since you have no idea what the topic is about!
These men believe and support your right to bear arms: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Kennedy, Bush...

These liberals oppose your belief and right to bear arms: Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez, Hitler, Obama.

Who do you trust dummy?

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1021825 Nov 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're such an idiot son.....
Calling Carol son is ignorant you loser...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1021826 Nov 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So cons are bought by the rich son?
wow.
Hollywood and Occupy Michael Moore: "Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama"...

It's easier to try and fool people, than it is to convince them you have NOT been fooled and duped you idiot..

It's the culture...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1021827 Nov 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?$70 a week is not pocket change and not reporting it is illegal,immoral and unethical. Period.
but but the O'bama and his O'bamacare stealing over $70 a week is considered ethical and mandatory. You libs are retards.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1021829 Nov 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Senior citizens don't have to file tax returns when receiving Social Security.
Filing a tax return on small amounts of income would cost taxpayers more in paperwork and man power by the IRS.
And they have their hands full already sending millions of dollars to bogus people in foreign countries and going after little kids' lemonade stands.
Well, under that scenario, you are correct. A senior citizen only making about $3,000 a year (excluding Social Security)doing odd jobs wouldn't have to file an income tax return because the $3,000 would be offset by the amount of their personal exemption. It is, however, still considered taxable income.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1021830 Nov 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>

The same forces were at play in Alabama, where business-backed Bradley Byrne defeated Tea Party-aligned rival Dean Young in the Republican primary for a special U.S. House election next month to fill an open seat. Byrne drew 52 percent of the vote to Young’s 48 percent, with all precincts reporting in the AP tally.
Dean Young is a fundamentalist Christian wacko, not a small-government, low-tax candidate...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1021831 Nov 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the kind of income I'm talking about. Odd jobs, tips, and handy man-type incomes.
Which I thought had been made perfectly clear.
What you didn't make perfectly clear was the fact that the 70 year old was living solely on social security with no other source of income. His income is taxable....he just doesn't make enough to owe any taxes.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021832 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>These men believe and support your right to bear arms: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Kennedy, Bush...
These liberals oppose your belief and right to bear arms: Castro, Stalin, Amin, Lenin, Mao, Chavez, Hitler, Obama.
Who do you trust dummy?
It's the culture...
Actually, you can add Hitler to your list of people who believed in your right to bear arms son.

You obviously don't deal with facts.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021833 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Calling Carol son is ignorant you loser...
It's the culture...
Why? You have a more ... "personal" ... experience son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021834 Nov 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Hollywood and Occupy Michael Moore: "Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama"...
It's easier to try and fool people, than it is to convince them you have NOT been fooled and duped you idiot..
It's the culture...
... said the idiot who belongs to the hostage taking terrorist t-party
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021835 Nov 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>but but the O'bama and his O'bamacare stealing over $70 a week is considered ethical and mandatory. You libs are retards.
After all, you could go to your fatherland of israel and get it paid for courtesy of the United States!

Say, when are you leaving son?
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1021836 Nov 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Goddamn liar; go to church and pray for forgiveness for your habitual lies every day; it's sickening.
Furthermore; we have not forgotten the shyt you sicko rightwingers said about Kennedy as well. Nothing but filthy dirty mouths on all of you.
On the occasion of an Obama trip to Texas this year, Texas Observer Editor Bob Moser wrote about the obvious connections between the Birchers of the early 1960s and the tea partiers of today:
The denizens of Texas nut country did not kill Kennedy that day. But many celebrated openly and joyously after Lee Harvey Oswald did. Birchers and Klansmen gloated. Elementary-school students in the Dallas 'burbs broke into spontaneous applause. In Amarillo, a reporter witnessed jubilation in the streets, with men whooping and tossing their hats in the air and one woman crying out, "Hey, great, JFK's croaked!"
Fast-forward 46 years and nine months. To a right-wing Texas that can once again be aptly described as "nut country." To another presidential visit, slated for Aug. 9. To another time when a vocal minority of Texans are expressing open, slanderous and rhetorically violent hostility toward a president whose greatest crime is not being a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant...
Back then, the right-wing extremists were backed by ultraconservative newspaper publishers, oilmen and preachers. Nowadays, the White Right's bigotry is openly shared and encouraged by the state's highest official, Gov. Rick Perry. Another notable difference: In the Texas of today, most of the state's leading Democrats are too puny and poll-driven to have their president's back...
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2010/...
lily loves the race card, as her vodka speaks loudly and clearly. albeit with that special Sunday liquored-up foul mouth of hers...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1021837 Nov 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, under that scenario, you are correct. A senior citizen only making about $3,000 a year (excluding Social Security)doing odd jobs wouldn't have to file an income tax return because the $3,000 would be offset by the amount of their personal exemption. It is, however, still considered taxable income.
Yuup!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 38 min HAAHAHA PHARTs 34,256
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Freedomofexpression 317,610
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr Prisoner of my Mo... 201,885
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 hr It s Weather Not ... 11,574
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
More from around the web