Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1225061 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1020506 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Mormon Church Taking Over in Florida
By Kevin Spear, Orlando Sentinel
6:08 p.m. EST, November 7, 2013
The Mormon church stands to own nearly 2 percent of Florida by completing a deal to buy most of the real estate of the St. Joe Co. for more than a half-billion dollars.
The megapurchase was announced jointly Thursday by a corporate representative of church, which owns the nearly 295,000-acre Deseret Ranches in Central Florida, and by the real-estate and timber business, which has built several communities along the Panhandle coast.
According to the announcement, a church entity, AgReserves Inc., will buy 382,834 acres – the majority of St. Joe's timberlands – in Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty and Wakulla counties for $565 million.
Completion of the deal will leave the Utah-based church with 678,000 acres, an area larger than any other private holding in Florida, according to widely shared but unconfirmed rankings of top landowners.
AgReserves Inc., a taxpaying company of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will maintain timber and agricultural uses of the Panhandle acreage, according to the announcement.
The St Joe Company was founded by Ed Ball of DuPont fame__he was a huge player in old timey Florida politics__most were happy when he died.

The Mormons are good stewards of the Florida agri, wilderness and wetlands they own. Among Florida's other major land holders is Ted Turner.
lands they own
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1020507 Nov 8, 2013
Its author discredited, a new book on the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya should be treated as a work of fiction, the liberal Media Matters for America said Friday.

In a letter that was provided to TPM, MMA chairman David Brock wrote that, in the wake of CBS News' decision to retract its report centered around details in the book, publication of "The Embassy House" should be "halted immediately" or reprinted "indicating that it is a work of fiction."

Brock also called for a "thorough investigation" into how author Dylan Davies' purported eye-witness account "was vetted and by whom."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/media-m...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1020508 Nov 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, f*ckwad, it is legal to be a "misogynistic pig" and for two consenting adults to have sex.
I guess you right whiners want to make sex outside of marriage illegal. Wow talk about controlling people lives.
Any private sector corporate manager who had sex with a subordinate would be fired if the sex became common knowledge.

reason being there is no way for the sex to be truly consensual...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1020509 Nov 8, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am going to go puke now--and I am not a puker. But the puke coming out of your burka ass is more than a mere mortal like me can take.
We have more poor, O'bama stole from the elderly, and the sick-they will be dying in the streets waiting to be saved. You are all three. Good luck.
Never a puker but always a puke.

A lying puke!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1020510 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Okay, I'm tired of trying to find the post this response was meant for - so here it is anyway.
As has been pointed out numerous times, the leaders of France and Germany at that time had a vested interest in Saddam's oil.
Which countries DID support the Iraq War?
Australia: One of Washington's staunchest allies and deployed around 2000 troops.
Britain: London and Washington have stood shoulder-to-shoulder since the September 11 attacks. British troops were deployed.
Israel: Reserved the right to respond if attacked.
Italy: President Silvio Berlusconi, a staunch Bush supporter, also had a tough stance on Iraq...transported planes to the Gulf, military bases for stopovers and refueling.
Japan: Backed its most important ally, the United States.
Kuwait: Offered all possible help and a launch pad for the US invasion of Iraq.
Portugal: Including seven other European nations signed a joint letter expressing support for US policy towards Iraq providing an air base in the mid-Atlantic Azores islands available to US military aircraft.
Qatar: Home to a mobile command staffed by more than 1000 US communications personnel and several hundred British counterparts, the command and control center.
Romania: Approved sending 278 troops and anti-chemical and anti-biological warfare units to the Gulf, offered airbases and the Black Sea port of Constanta for the refueling of warplanes.
East European states such as Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic committed various military assets.
Spain: One of Europe's most vocal US supporters, worked with Bush to muster support, allowed the United States to use its bases to support a military strike on Iraq.
Canada: Offered the US and its soldiers moral support.
Saudi Arabia: Secretly allowed operations from air bases, permitting special forces to stage attacks from Saudi soil and provided cheap fuel. Air campaigns were managed from inside Saudi borders, military commanders operated an air command center and launched refueling tankers, F-16 fighter jets, and sophisticated intelligence gathering flights.
Turkey: Allowed US military to modernize bases for use in war.
27 foreign countries contributed troops to the Coalition in Iraq.
Countries who provided troops or supported operations in Iraq but pulled out at different times between 2004 and 2007 were Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Philippines, Thailand, New Zealand, Tonga, Portugal, The Netherlands, Hungary, Singapore, Norway, Ukraine, Japan, Slovakia.
Russia being one of the few countries against the Iraq War is not a good example. They would oppose anything we did if they were the only ones in the entire world.
China and Syria were among the only other few countries who did not support the Iraq War.
(And since this post took a lot of time and effort, hope at least someone learned something.)
we already know you're a Bush apologist.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1020511 Nov 8, 2013
Real people...

"If you like your plan you can keep your plan"

and...

transition letters from Insurance companies...

http://mycancellation.com/

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1020512 Nov 8, 2013
Dictator wannabe wants to by pass the "law of the land" Obamacare to fix it!

Yes, he wants more power to fix his mess!

And Democrats who love being subservients will gladly give him the power to bypas Congress.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1020513 Nov 8, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You are such a loser--last week you were defending the liar O'bama to the hilt. ROTFLMAO. Looooooooooser O'bamasupporternomatterwhat. O'bama is sorry for your misunderstanding--he blamed the American public, he didn't apologize for nuttin'.
First of all, Obama has said it was always his intention that no one should lose a plan he wanted to keep and I believe him.

Obama on those who have received cancellation notices:

"It means a lot to them. And it’s scary to them. And I AM SORRY that they, you know, are finding themselves in this situation, based on assurances they got from me."

“But obviously, we didn’t do a good enough job in terms of how we crafted the law. And, you know, that’s something that I regret. That’s something that we’re going to do everything we can to get fixed.”

I would call that is all he needs to say. That is certainly more than Bush ever offered in the way of an apology for killing 45,000 Americans.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1020514 Nov 8, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Obama is sorry you believed him!
Go back on this thread to the election days. All the kool aid drinking Obama supporters were adamant that Obamacare was exactly what Obama promised. Fools. They won't be happy until the transition to nanny state is complete. Personal responsibility and personal accomplishment will have no practical value.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020515 Nov 8, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you do drive a horse and buggy. It would be easy for someone to mistake you for amish.
Hey we were just talking about you earlier. How is your current standing in the Bull Moose Party?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1020516 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. Romney and other Republicans should have demanded that Akin withdraw from the race, and forced him out by any means necessary if he refused. Just as Torricelli was forced out in New Jersey at the last minute.
Republicans were afraid of offending the religious nuts who really believe that stuff.
There you go again...you still think there are more "religious nuts" on our side of the fence who'd agree with such an outlandish comment made by Akin even when he immediately retracted it and clarified it than the overwhelming number of rational people who distanced themselves from it and condemned him for saying it.

And you can't force anyone to do anything. Calls for him to step down were heard loud and clear but you must have been in the shower.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1020517 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
"You can bring the Republicans to the table but you can't make them negotiate" - Homer 2016
Can't we find some middle ground? I will concede that Joe Biden is an idiot if you agree that Obama deliberately lied to America on his healthcare plan.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020518 Nov 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt knows that abortion laws can only be changed by the Supreme Court and that it is pointless to sacrifice elections pursuing a meaningless goal.
Galt would not vote for any candidate who supported outlawing abortion under all circumstances.
Galt hates the term "pro-life"...everybo dy is "pro-life", regardless of their views on abortion.
Galt making sense for a change. Homer agrees with Galt. Peppy also agrees with Galt. Carol vehemently disagrees with Galt. Peppy also agrees with Carol.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020519 Nov 8, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back on this thread to the election days. All the kool aid drinking Obama supporters were adamant that Obamacare was exactly what Obama promised. Fools. They won't be happy until the transition to nanny state is complete. Personal responsibility and personal accomplishment will have no practical value.
I disagree.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1020520 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hey we were just talking about you earlier. How is your current standing in the Bull Moose Party?
I am the new national party spokesman. You didn't see the article in the East Pocono Gazette? Page 13? Bottom right hand corner? Next to the Food King coupons?

I vote the Bull Moose party line across the board in every election.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020521 Nov 8, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you do drive a horse and buggy. It would be easy for someone to mistake you for amish.
Well, I suppose there's that.

Hey my wife and I just bought a boat, I may take it up the Chesapeake next summer, if you want we can stop by and pick you up, have a couple drinks and talk about the old days.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1020522 Nov 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only mindless gibberish to someone who can't come up with a sensible response.
Galt acts like all conservatives think exactly alike on the issue of abortion and all liberals think exactly alike on the same issue.
So do you agree with Galt or is this simple question mindless gibberish?
Once again babe, math betrays you.

Galt believes that high voltage, anti abortion Christians and certain other single issue fools such as yourself have damaged the GOP.

Galt's correct.

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1020523 Nov 8, 2013
Ins knew you would loose your plan!

He intentionally lie to the million of brainless Democrats on here. You guys were fooled by your incompetent man -child from Kenya! You were taken, stupid!

Not a single Republican was ever fooled!

So come to our side, we have the truth, we know what is happening. We are AWAKE.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1020527 Nov 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Once again babe, math betrays you.
Galt believes that high voltage, anti abortion Christians and certain other single issue fools such as yourself have damaged the GOP.
Galt's correct.
Realtime also agrees with Galt. Galt voted most agreeable poster of the day.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1020528 Nov 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
If the Republicans hadn't adamantly refused to work with the Democrats on the healthcare reform bill we may have had a better bill and smoother implementation.
Bah! Every reasonable idea, like tort reform, was dismissed without discussion. Obama has never compromised on anything except his willingness to change the meaning of his campaign promises. Good leaders like Reagan and Clinton crossed over to listen and compromise. President Smug is unwilling to do either, instead he invites others over for a pompous lecture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 238,467
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr State the Obvious 309,765
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Tue robert walker 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,725
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
More from around the web