Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
935,801 - 935,820 of 1,095,380 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Mr Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...but, unlike the federal government, states are required to balance their budgets, in a business-like manner
You're dreaming, pal.

Try to build rebuttals based on fact, not the whims of your imagination.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Blind follower who can't be intellectually honest (blamer):
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol, that's an example of lazy "journalism" on the part of your so called "liberal" media. The ACA raised standards on policies and many of them no longer conformed to coverage requirements. If you liked your policy simply because it had low premiums then you'd better not get sick because high co pays, high out of pocket costs and deductibles would very soon put you in the hole and eat up whatever you thought you were saving by insuring yourself on the cheap. Here's a real life example;
Deborah Cavallaro was all over the news on Wednesday as an example of someone who lost her existing health insurance thanks to Obamacare. Except one problem -- the plan she qualifies for is better. Under her current plan, she is limited to two doctor visits a year, pays $293 a month with a yearly deductible of $5,000. Cavallaro says she was told by her insurance broker she would be paying $478 a month -- but she didn’t check the website herself. There, she would have found a better plan, with only a $2,000 deductible and all doctor visits covered by a copay...for only $40 more a month.
Jamie Court, the president of Consumer Watchdog, said major health insurance companies are simply taking advantage of the confusion surrounding the new health care law to engage in price gouging.
“This is not the fault of the Affordable Care Act or President Obama. This is the fault of the insurance company. This is a handful of insurance companies that have convinced a very gullible state agency, Covered California, to allow them to drop plans that could very easily…with a few little tweaks… be compliant under the Affordable Care Act, and people wouldn’t have to leave their plans.”
<clueless>
Mr Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

ah verkligen wrote:
<quoted text>Mr. Ad-Lib thinks all democrat failures are republicans fault.
People like you are divorced from reality.

In case you forgot, there was a president named GW Bush in office for eight years before Obama came along.

You know, the guy who left behind two unfinished wars, doubled the national deficit to 11.4 trillion and left the country in recession.

But that doesn't register with boneheads like you.

So just sit in the corner with your hands over your eyes while screaming endlessly "Obama did it! Obama did it!"

It's what rightwing cretins do.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...but, unlike the federal government, states are required to balance their budgets, in a business-like manner
Many balance that budget by borrowing money.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Other studies disagree with you.
Many of us were disciplined with a ruler, switch or flyswatter and knew its distinction from abuse.
Differing on how best to discipline children is one thing. Ignoring discipline altogether is another.
That is what's happening today.
Whether the consequences for bad behavior is a spanking or another effective method, children are fine if they understand they are loved - and each child is different.
There'd have to be proof the child who killed his teacher was raised in an abusive - or a permissive - home.
Both are fringe ends of the discipline spectrum.
The happy medium is somewhere in the middle.
What other studies Carol? How about coming up with some? Or even one? There aren't any that show any positive effects of corporal punishment.
Physical punishment models aggression for children. According to Lynn Namka, EdD, physical punishment engenders more aggression in the child, even if it initially appears to stop the behavior. Children cannot always understand the difference between unacceptable physical aggression for which they get punished, such as hitting and shoving, and the physical aggression they receive as punishment. Corporal punishment can lead to increased aggression for kids in school, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Physical punishment has an impact on cognitive development. A 1998 study by Murray A. Straus and Mallie J. Paschall, titled &quot;Corporal Punishment by Mothers and Child's Cognitive Development,&quot; revealed that children who were spanked were less able to keep up with the cognitive development level expected for their age. It can even lower their IQ, notes Psychology Today. Spanking can reduce a child's brain's grey matter, which is a crucial since it influences learning abilities.
Adolescents who receive physical punishment are three times more likely to grow up to abuse their own children, according to . The study by Straus found that 7 percent of never-spanked adolescents grow up to abuse their children, compared to 24 percent of those who were spanked. Spanking teaches children that it's okay to hurt people and this can lead them to believe you solve problems by hitting. These children may continue this way of thinking into adulthood, causing them to hit their spouse or children. It should be noted, however, that the vast majority of people, whether or not they received physical punishment, are unlikely to abuse their children.

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
very few teachers ever quit the best job they could ever hope to have...
Teaching done properly is hard work with long hours. Most teachers are good teachers.
Mr Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

ah verkligen wrote:
Typical libtard....your statement gets proven false,
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TI79GCO8VK9QA...
<quoted text>
so you change it.
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
You're still wrong,...dopey.
Sorry, Elephant.

Introducing a few hair-splitting exceptions to the argument which do not represent the norm does not refute me.

Surely you must have something in that big bag of tricks besides peanuts.

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bamaliarcare is the greatest intrusion into the private lives of Americans in our history. And you might recall Thomas Jefferson wrote a little document detailing the intrusive nature of government, which established the United States of America.
The only people being assaulted are the Americans that believe the government owes them their life style. Democrats hate personal responsibility, get these losers off their dead asses.
What a crock.

The majority of Americans will continue to get insurance the way they always ave.

Those who buy as individuals will save money in the exchanges.

More people were intruded upon why the economic mess left by your buddy George W Bush.

As you cry about millions losing insurance (to get new policies), million lost their jobs (no new jobs available), lost their life's savings, lost their homes.

You people are just plain dumber than sh*t.
Mr Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Many balance that budget by borrowing money.
WHAT?!!!

Republicans borrow money instead of balancing the budget?

Why that's unthinkable!

(choke, choke)

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
See the great asbestos rip off, the biggest swindle and fraud in American history, the trial lawyers are still milking that.
So, a corporation selling a product they know is harmful without any products warnings s OK?

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Food stamps, welfare, section 8 and an Obamaphone.
No food stamps, no welfare, I own my home, no free phone.

Yes, right whiners, it is possible not be on any government programs & not be a selfish f*ck & believe these programs should exit to help those in need.
Mr Lib

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

All that borrowing under Reagan and the two Bushies.

Wait... it really wasn't borrowing.

My Republican spinsters are working on this.

You know... borrowing can have two meanings.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, a corporation selling a product they know is harmful without any products warnings s OK?
I didn't see you complaining when the DNC sold you suckers Obama without a warning.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, the article from which Flacktard's claim is taken actually said "could lose" not "will lose" ( This is what happens when things get filtered through Fox & the right whiner web sites).
Here is an opposing view.
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/11/01/28...
Ignored is the grandfather clause. "Under the “grandfather clause,” a plan issued before the ACA was signed in 2010 could remain in place as long as employers or insurance companies didn’t drastically change its terms in a way that would harm the policy holder, like increasing out-of-pocket costs or dropping benefits. However, if a plan did change, it would lose its “grandfather status.” Then, any new plan issued in its place would be subject to Obamacare’s various requirements."
Most employer plans are designed for a population of employees that cross the spectrum. Most already include the majority of requirements & my need to make small changes. Just like policies have been doing for the past decade or so.
Reason number etc., of why it belongs in givverment offices ONLY-NOT on public-oh-so-hackable webs.

They didn't need to REDO the whole damn American economy, they just merely needed to ADD one SMALL sector (you have heard about that one "small sector of five percent or so") to provide affordable access for the UNinsured.

NOT write a communistic manifesto dagger to destroy the whole free market system.

DUHMmy.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
as soon as you cite anything you say i will reply in kind.
remember that leap of faith reasoning thing?
Like this link hasn't been shoved up your ass a hundred times before....

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/fed_spend...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> No food stamps, no welfare, I own my home, no free phone.
Yes, right whiners, it is possible not be on any government programs & not be a selfish f*ck & believe these programs should exit to help those in need.
Prove it.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> No food stamps, no welfare, I own my home, no free phone.
and it IS possible to do so, with out DESTROYING the whole free market-and millions of OTHER peoples lives.

Communist idiots.

Duhmmy.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see you complaining when the DNC sold you suckers Obama without a warning.
Romney provided his own warning and the public noticed.
47%
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not relevant to this family's costs.
Just extremely relevant to funding-the free market economy and OTHER peoples pockets.

DUHMmmy.

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Even the largest estimate of $24 billion comes to only 0.0015 of the total economy, or 0.15% of the $16 trillion GDP. And another thing — why do liberals always assume government spending equals growth? I mean, why not spend a bazillion dollars then?
No one cares about the shut down anymore. Oh wait they are now understanding why it happened... mm mmm mmm. We have moved on to the real pain. Pain-in-everyone's ass called O'bamaliarcare.
Issa help hearing in the spending of couple hundred million on a website. What was that as a percentage?

Government spending on goods creates jobs & government employees spend their money in the economy. Government spending on parks fuel private business that survive on park visitors.

YOPUR PARTY cut out 24 billion for what? Something they knew would fail? When is Issa hearing going to start?

Oh I get it. Its OK for you dumbasses to hurt the US economy but OMG OMG OMG a website isn't working.

You wish no one cares about the shutdown anymore. The economy has taken a hit. Those affected will remember who did it - Ted "F*ckhead" Cruz & you tea party morons.

Ask Ken later tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 45 min SevenTee 305,381
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 49 min Bruin For Life 26,964
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 225,578
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••