Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1018452 Nov 4, 2013

Are you pregnant? Under the present republican plan of Health Care you can expect this…
Renée Martin pregnancy in Laconia N.H. was a wake up call to her and her husband Mark Willett both professionals with Health Care Insurance. Her present policy does not cover maternity! Soon they began to question each cost factor. Epidural anesthesia with the option of a birthing tube labor became a serious decision. Additional investigation as to what the actual cost of maternity care was vague to non existence. Inquiry to Hospitals finance offices had little help. Giving Ms. Martin a range of $4,000 to $45,000 ! Actually the “average” cost is slightly above $37,000 in the USA. Ms. Martin discovered many of the arrays for maternity have no fixed price if any. Midway through her pregnancy she received a bill for $935 for an ultrasound that she had already paid a radiologist to read the scan $256, which took 20 minutes. After extensive stressful negotiations bill was reduced to $655 from the $935 billing.
“I feel like I’m in a used-car lot,” Ms. Martin replied.
Sticker shock on pregnancy can be attributed to how the cost has tripled since 1996.{N.Y. Times, Truven Health Analytics} Four Million annual births now cost the USA over $50 billion. Other developed nations through out the world have fractions of that cost to their Health Care programs. Additionally they provide all the same quality technological and primary care that the USA offers on their most expensive maternity procedures.“It’s not primarily that we get a different bundle of services when we have a baby,” said Gerard Anderson, an economist at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health who studies international health costs.“It’s that we pay individually for each service and pay more for the services we receive.”
As of 2011, up to 62% of American women with private insurance and not through an employer denied or excludes maternity care. Those that do have them are feeling the cost as their deductibles and co-payments accelerating. All the while certain pregnancy related services become excluded. 2004 to 2010 vaginal births cost rose 49% and Caesarean sections by 41% Out of pocket expense quadrupled! Three Health Care groups hired Truven for that analyst as well as to the average total price of delivery. Which is as follows; Vaginal births $30,000 and $50,000 for the C-section. Insurance paid out an average of $18,329 and $27,866 end of report. Survey by Childbirth Connection reported that the women’s out of pocket fee average $3,400 .
In the other developed nations there s little to no charge for maternity care. They consider it vital to ensuring the health of future generations.
Ireland free maternity at public hospitals and a small fee for deliveries in private hospitals. Switzerland, France and the Netherlands have an Average price for a vaginal delivery of $4,000 of which the mother pays very little of that due to strict regulations and price settings. France, one example of many in the developed nations, have their mothers remain for up to a week to recoup where in the USA 1 to 2 days and out they go.
With Obamacare we can rein in this messed up maternity nonsense. Republican’s Austerity ideology does not work is evident in all factors of our cultures here and through out the world.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1018453 Nov 4, 2013
Looking for a job? Educate yourself and get one. Its easy as pie.
As I predicted. Columbus Ohio is the first to publicly announce the growing gap of Primary Care Physicians. Obamacare has stimulated an employment scenario. New uninsured patients requiring primary care will be flooding the markets as they become insured on January 1st 2014. Demand for Primary Care Physicians will be in ever increasing demand, as well as all of the orbiting fields that support primary care.{Nurses, medical assistance, administrators, Maintenance personnel etc., etc.} Emergency Rooms {ER’s} will start to lose their primary care patients to “Private Primary Care Physicians”. Relieving the burden of financially costly primary care status to their ER’s. Reducing cost of Health Care.
This will take years to fill in this gap. The “Association of American Medical Colleges” estimates that within 2 years there will be a shortage of 33,000 Primary Care Physicians to rise up to 66,000 within a decade. Imagine how many will be required in the orbiting fields , that supports private Primary Care Physicians. Looking for a job?
Now doctors will start to organize their patient loads to what each one is comfortable with. Some will use retainer fee’s for the more affluent, returning us to the good old days of doctors making house calls. Suppressing waiting time for patients in their waiting rooms. Increasing an atmosphere for quality time for the one on one doctor patient scenario’s. Suppressing the unnecessary medical test , as the doctor will be more familiar with their patients. Decreasing the HMO’s intrusive bureaucratic death panel decisions. Decreasing cost to Health Care.
New York is throwing $Millions on the problem, Texas has approved for two Medical schools to provide Primary Care Physicians and Florida has extended the authority of their optometrist to prescribe additional medications, related to their fields.
Nevada is the lowest per capita for efforts to close the Primary Care Physician gap followed by Mississippi, Utah, Texas and Idaho, according to the Association Of Medical Colleges.
Presently Primary Care Resident Doctors are overwhelmed with hundreds of offers to choose from. If you don’t have a Primary Care Physician, suggest you make haste to acquire one before they close their doors to new patients.
Obamacare will provide millions of jobs and lower Health cost at greater quality.
Republicans desire the old truly tested failure of the past on this Health Care system. Promoting insurance monopolies with their ever increasing cost and dwindling quality care.
Harvard in 2009 did a study on our nations health care system. Discovered we were losing 45,000 citizens per year simply due to lack of primary care health. Ah but that’s the republican way. Lower the surplus population. Bah Humbug I say to them…
Bud

United States

#1018454 Nov 4, 2013
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet he wearing a pink thong with lace accents and has a naked Ken doll he sleeps with while dressed in his favorite superman pj's.
Probably past his beddie bye time since he soiled his adult diaper.
.
Not you Waxman but the liberoid.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1018455 Nov 4, 2013
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
.
Not you Waxman but the liberoid.
I know Bud. Don't worry.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1018456 Nov 4, 2013
<Mental Case>
Bernard Forand wrote:
Looking for a job? Educate yourself and get one. Its easy as pie.
As I predicted. Columbus Ohio is the first to publicly announce the growing gap of Primary Care Physicians. Obamacare has stimulated an employment scenario. New uninsured patients requiring primary care will be flooding the markets as they become insured on January 1st 2014. Demand for Primary Care Physicians will be in ever increasing demand, as well as all of the orbiting fields that support primary care.{Nurses, medical assistance, administrators, Maintenance personnel etc., etc.} Emergency Rooms {ER’s} will start to lose their primary care patients to “Private Primary Care Physicians”. Relieving the burden of financially costly primary care status to their ER’s. Reducing cost of Health Care.
This will take years to fill in this gap. The “Association of American Medical Colleges” estimates that within 2 years there will be a shortage of 33,000 Primary Care Physicians to rise up to 66,000 within a decade. Imagine how many will be required in the orbiting fields , that supports private Primary Care Physicians. Looking for a job?
Now doctors will start to organize their patient loads to what each one is comfortable with. Some will use retainer fee’s for the more affluent, returning us to the good old days of doctors making house calls. Suppressing waiting time for patients in their waiting rooms. Increasing an atmosphere for quality time for the one on one doctor patient scenario’s. Suppressing the unnecessary medical test , as the doctor will be more familiar with their patients. Decreasing the HMO’s intrusive bureaucratic death panel decisions. Decreasing cost to Health Care.
New York is throwing $Millions on the problem, Texas has approved for two Medical schools to provide Primary Care Physicians and Florida has extended the authority of their optometrist to prescribe additional medications, related to their fields.
Nevada is the lowest per capita for efforts to close the Primary Care Physician gap followed by Mississippi, Utah, Texas and Idaho, according to the Association Of Medical Colleges.
Presently Primary Care Resident Doctors are overwhelmed with hundreds of offers to choose from. If you don’t have a Primary Care Physician, suggest you make haste to acquire one before they close their doors to new patients.
Obamacare will provide millions of jobs and lower Health cost at greater quality.
Republicans desire the old truly tested failure of the past on this Health Care system. Promoting insurance monopolies with their ever increasing cost and dwindling quality care.
Harvard in 2009 did a study on our nations health care system. Discovered we were losing 45,000 citizens per year simply due to lack of primary care health. Ah but that’s the republican way. Lower the surplus population. Bah Humbug I say to them…
<ZERO>
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1018457 Nov 4, 2013
"Bernard" is trying as hard as he can to vent his hate for his failure in life...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1018458 Nov 4, 2013
Hi there "BERNARD!!!"

Here is my picture:

http://uglydemocrats.com/democrats/United-Sta...

Looks like you, eh, big old bulbous nosed loser?

bAWWAAHHH!!!

Enjoy the grave, zero. Be sure to vote for Obama one last time (NOT!).

baawqaaahh!!!
Bernard Forand wrote:
Looking for a job? Educate yourself and get one. Its easy as pie.
As I predicted. Columbus Ohio is the first to publicly announce the growing gap of Primary Care Physicians. Obamacare has stimulated an employment scenario. New uninsured patients requiring primary care will be flooding the markets as they become insured on January 1st 2014. Demand for Primary Care Physicians will be in ever increasing demand, as well as all of the orbiting fields that support primary care.{Nurses, medical assistance, administrators, Maintenance personnel etc., etc.} Emergency Rooms {ER’s} will start to lose their primary care patients to “Private Primary Care Physicians”. Relieving the burden of financially costly primary care status to their ER’s. Reducing cost of Health Care.
This will take years to fill in this gap. The “Association of American Medical Colleges” estimates that within 2 years there will be a shortage of 33,000 Primary Care Physicians to rise up to 66,000 within a decade. Imagine how many will be required in the orbiting fields , that supports private Primary Care Physicians. Looking for a job?
Now doctors will start to organize their patient loads to what each one is comfortable with. Some will use retainer fee’s for the more affluent, returning us to the good old days of doctors making house calls. Suppressing waiting time for patients in their waiting rooms. Increasing an atmosphere for quality time for the one on one doctor patient scenario’s. Suppressing the unnecessary medical test , as the doctor will be more familiar with their patients. Decreasing the HMO’s intrusive bureaucratic death panel decisions. Decreasing cost to Health Care.
New York is throwing $Millions on the problem, Texas has approved for two Medical schools to provide Primary Care Physicians and Florida has extended the authority of their optometrist to prescribe additional medications, related to their fields.
Nevada is the lowest per capita for efforts to close the Primary Care Physician gap followed by Mississippi, Utah, Texas and Idaho, according to the Association Of Medical Colleges.
Presently Primary Care Resident Doctors are overwhelmed with hundreds of offers to choose from. If you don’t have a Primary Care Physician, suggest you make haste to acquire one before they close their doors to new patients.
Obamacare will provide millions of jobs and lower Health cost at greater quality.
Republicans desire the old truly tested failure of the past on this Health Care system. Promoting insurance monopolies with their ever increasing cost and dwindling quality care.
Harvard in 2009 did a study on our nations health care system. Discovered we were losing 45,000 citizens per year simply due to lack of primary care health. Ah but that’s the republican way. Lower the surplus population. Bah Humbug I say to them…
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1018459 Nov 4, 2013
LOL have had fun exposing the weak minded intoxicated Teabaggers on this thread. Simply observe how they resort to dysfunctional, derogatory and factless comments when faced with facts. Exposing their comic book, bumper sticker ideology. Now observe their so called leadership in the House on the Hill and how they are replicas of each other. Is this what we ant for our USA. Less than callow sophomores with never increasing degrading intelligence. You decide 2014.
When in doubt simply vote OUT all republicans. Can’t go wrong with that. Vote for your Health, your children’s Health and nutrition, your pensions for retirement and for your children as well. Its republicans job to see that you are to be deprived of these simple luxuries for their profits. See ya at the polls..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018460 Nov 4, 2013
Republicans Have Grown To Hate America As Much As They Hate President Obama

There is a popular saying that Republicans hate President Obama more than they love America, and although Republicans hate the President with extreme prejudice, they hate Americans with the same intensity as they do the President. If any American does not believe it, let them cite one demographic that has not been adversely affected by Republicans, or one thing they have done to help the people. It is time for Americans to face a sad truth and that is if they are people of color, women, senior citizens, middle class, children, Christian, Veterans, or poor they are under assault in the Republican war on Americans.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/04/republ...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1018461 Nov 4, 2013
Het there "Bernard", WTF, "Bernard" - god what a name -

N - E - R - D

Can you even still get a hard on,

B - E - R - N - A - R - D ?

Oh, only when you think you will get a quarter from Obama?

Baawaaahhh!!!!

Phag.

It's obvious - Bernard, you are a useless zero.

Go post your nonsense, keep doing it.

It demonstrates what a loser you are, Democrat.

Old, very old, fool.
Bernard Forand wrote:
LOL have had fun exposing the weak minded intoxicated Teabaggers on this thread. Simply observe how they resort to dysfunctional, derogatory and factless comments when faced with facts. Exposing their comic book, bumper sticker ideology. Now observe their so called leadership in the House on the Hill and how they are replicas of each other. Is this what we ant for our USA. Less than callow sophomores with never increasing degrading intelligence. You decide 2014.
When in doubt simply vote OUT all republicans. Can’t go wrong with that. Vote for your Health, your children’s Health and nutrition, your pensions for retirement and for your children as well. Its republicans job to see that you are to be deprived of these simple luxuries for their profits. See ya at the polls..
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1018462 Nov 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans Have Grown To Hate America As Much As They Hate President Obama
There is a popular saying that Republicans hate President Obama more than they love America, and although Republicans hate the President with extreme prejudice, they hate Americans with the same intensity as they do the President. If any American does not believe it, let them cite one demographic that has not been adversely affected by Republicans, or one thing they have done to help the people. It is time for Americans to face a sad truth and that is if they are people of color, women, senior citizens, middle class, children, Christian, Veterans, or poor they are under assault in the Republican war on Americans.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/04/republ...
<Mindless propaganda from a zero>

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1018463 Nov 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans idea of tort reform was to cap awards for malpractice.
In other words, you want the government to tell you what your eyesight is worth, what your daughter's life is worth.
As long as Republicans insist on caps, there will be no deal with Democrats on tort reform.
as you've been a welfare mooch your entire life, it's easy for you to say. Most juries are made up of imbeciles.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1018464 Nov 4, 2013
Obama saying he visited 57 states!

&no redirect=1

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1018465 Nov 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm evidently not a bigoted f*ck like you, Since I don't know what this person's situations is so I don't pass judgement.
.
No, you're an ignoramus who has no skin in the game and revels in every opportunity to steal other people's hard earned money.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1018466 Nov 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No SS, No Medicare.
Food stamps, welfare, section 8 and an Obamaphone.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1018467 Nov 4, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can play ancient history all you want Carol, but let's just cut to the chase and ask why the GOP has been wasting time and money attempting to repeal a law that was their idea in the first place?
The answer is easy. It's because Barack Obama signed it into law and they took a blood oath to obstruct anything that came out of his White House.
Lying, stinking turd.
Off Subject

Leeds, AL

#1018468 Nov 4, 2013
This company are look for promoters across America and Canada!

http://bham.craigslist.org/fns/4172192302.htm... .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1018469 Nov 4, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
<Mindless propaganda from a zero>
which means that it hit the nail on the head.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1018470 Nov 4, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The Wall Street Journal is clueless about economics. Only Obama and the Democrats are the experts in economics, ask a Liberal!
If Obama could balance his checkbook, I'd be amazed. Dems habitually stick their noses in things they are entirely ignorant of.

How many things has Oblama said he knows nothing about? Add healthcare and economics to his list of ignorance.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1018471 Nov 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you want the government to decide what your daughter's life is worth.
Funny from the " OMG OMG the government" crowd.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
Idiot and liar, tort reform would do nothing of the sort, see Texas. So easy to pass out other people's money, isn't it? Next time you need a doctor, call up Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, etc., they'll fix you right up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min Uncle Sam 238,217
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 51 min tom wingo 29,660
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr TerryE 5,306
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Junket 309,690
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web