Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521412 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1019050 Nov 5, 2013
"Keynesians, of course, are advising more deficit spending and easy money. But the most amazing feature of the nearby chart, which is rarely ever noted, is that when spending declined sharply the economy boomed under President Clinton, and when spending soared under Presidents Bush and Obama, the economy tanked."
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1019051 Nov 5, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
Obama's Rating Falls as Poll Reflects Volatility - The New York Times
www.nytimes.com/.../obama-approval-rating-dow... ;
Mar 12, 2012 - Despite improving job growth and an extended Republican primary, President Obama's approval rating dropped substantially in recent weeks,...
America wakes up..........
Our hearts go out to Obammy, poor wee disillusioned thing.

We are assured by the headline writers that the president was “unaware” of Obamacare’s website defects,
and the NSA spying,
and the IRS targeting of his political enemies,
and the Justice Department bugging the Associated Press,
and pretty much anything else you ask him about.

But, as he put it,“nobody’s madder than me” at this shadowy rogue entity called the “Government of the United States” that’s running around pulling all this stuff.

And, once Obama finds out who’s running this Government of the United States rogue entity, he’s gonna come down as hard on him as he did on that videomaker in California; he’s gonna send round the National Park Service SWAT team to teach that punk a lesson he won’t forget.

CNN might still seem inclined to swallow the line that the president of the United States is not aware that he is president of the United States:

For the media, just a spoonful of bovine manure makes the Obamacare medicine go down.

It remains to be seen whether the American citizenry will be so genially indulgent.

Hitherto, most of what the president claims to be unaware of, they are genuinely unaware of:

Few people have plans to vacation in Benghazi,

or shoot the breeze with Angela Merkel on her cell phone.

But
Obamacare is different: Whether or not the president is unaware of it, the more than 2 million Americans (and growing) kicked off their current health-care plans are most certainly aware of it.

Let's look at the disaster up close and personal (LOL):

On Day One, the Obot junkies were eager for their fix: As the administration crowed, the site received 4.7 million unique visits.

By the following morning, the HHS “war room” was informed that “six enrollments have occurred so far.”

That’s six as in half a dozen, as in fewer people than in just one vehicle of Obama’s 40-car motorcade.

Kathleen Sebelius had successfully enrolled one American for every assistant secretary of health and human services.

Oh, no, wait: She has seven assistant secretaries, so there was one free, waiting for that seventh enrollee.

One in every 783,333 visitors managed to close the deal: Dr. Obama could make house calls to every one and still have time for a round of golf.

In order to meet its target of 7 million enrollees by March 1, Obamacare needs to enroll approximately 46,358 Americans per day. So on its opening day it fell 46,352 short.

Were it to maintain that enrollment rate, Obamacare would reach its target of 7 million enrollees IN THE YEAR 5209.

LOL--That’s longer than waiting for a hip replacement on the Scottish NHS.

At the same time as dozens of Obamacare enrollees were being signed up, millions of other Americans were having their health insurance canceled.

The president lied to and lied--24 times just on camera. Not just once in a casual aside, but on dozens of occasions, and very bluntly:“If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan. Period.”

But the entire premise of Obamacare was that, in order to cover (some of) the uninsured and (in many cases) uninsurable, other Americans were going to have to pay significantly more.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1019052 Nov 5, 2013
Laffer and Moore: Obama's Real Spending Record
There's no way around the facts. Under Presidents Bush and Obama, government exploded as a share of the economy.

By ARTHUR B. LAFFER AND STEPHEN MOOREArthur B. Laffer
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1019053 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's unemployment numbers...
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
below where Bush left us.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1019054 Nov 5, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's unemployment numbers...
2010 months 1-12
9.8 / 9.8 / 9.9 / 9.9 / 9.6 / 9.4 / 9.5 / 9.5 / 9.5 / 9.5 / 9.8 / 9.3
9.1 / 9.0 / 8.9 / 9.0 / 9.0 / 9.1 / 9.0 / 9.0 /9.0 / 8.9 / 8.6 / 8.5
8.3 /8.3 / 8.2 /8.1 / 8.2 /8.2 / 8.2 / 8.1 / 7.8 / 7.9 / 7.8 / 7.8
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
you forgot to go back to 2009. and you forgot 2013.

cherry pick much?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1019055 Nov 5, 2013
Republicans:

DISGUSTING. SHAMEFUL. GAWD AWFUL.

They cut food for poor kids!

They deny med insurance for families!

They cost the economy billions with a fake phony shutdown!

ALL IN THE LAST MONTH.

REPUBLICANS: they picked Mitt?

We threw that screwballlll back.

Republicans: JUST AWFUL CONDUCT!

These slobs need to go....forever!

Republicans going to hell. LOL!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1019056 Nov 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Obama’s 39% Gallup Rating Lowest Amid Health Care Fallout
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-05/obam...
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1019057 Nov 5, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they do. Canceling millions of policies is great business. Must be why their profits are so high.
Hows your beavahhhhhhh ray?

Did you get the ointment?

You fffccckkkking ddddoouuccchhheeeee!

Go open the mail.

According to carol 120 million Republicans will drop dead from a letter!

Maybe it's your lucky day!

All everyone has is hope!

Republicans: open your letters!

Do the country a favor.

Everyone hates Republicans!

Just ask a winner!

Democrats Rule!

Cry some more idiots! Fccckkkk you allllll.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1019058 Nov 5, 2013
Obamacare was always intended to be the Great Disruptor:

Avik Roy reports that, by 2010, administration officials knew that 93 million Americans would lose their current plans under Obamacare.

Small businesses are cutting back on full-time workers;

medium businesses are dumping employees’ spouses and children from their plans;

and the largest businesses are eating nine-figure bottom-line increases.

Delta Airlines claims that it will spend an extra $100 million on health-care expenses next year:

Even with cutbacks on complimentary mini-pretzels, a tenth of a billion is a big sum to recover.

Meanwhile, the Obamacare plans won’t recognize your preferred doctor, and major hospitals won’t recognize the Obamacare plans.

ObammyCare makes his Cash for Clunkers fiasco look successful.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1019059 Nov 5, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
"In 2011 and 2012, the pace of spending was slowed when a new emboldened breed of Republicans took back the House promising to end the binge. The House Budget Committee, headed by Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, has identified about $150 billion of new spending Mr. Obama wanted in 2011 and 2012 that Republicans would not approve. As the chart shows, government spending as a share of GDP fell, and taxes were not raised. But to attribute this drop in government spending to the president or congressional Democrats would be dishonest."
Of course the 3 traitorous dirtbags, aka Oblama, Reid , Pelosi, have used every low down procedural maneuver known to continue the obscene spending without congressional oversite, in direct contradiction of the law.
Paul Ryan? The same Paul Ryan who voted yes yes yes yes on polices that created the recession?? That Paul Ryan??

The growing economy made the spending as a percentage of the GDP fall. If those stimulus programs the Republicans blocked were passed, who knows how much more the economy would have grown.

You people are dumber than sh*t

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1019060 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Paul Ryan? The same Paul Ryan who voted yes yes yes yes on polices that created the recession?? That Paul Ryan??
The growing economy made the spending as a percentage of the GDP fall. If those stimulus programs the Republicans blocked were passed, who knows how much more the economy would have grown.
...and for lying, boy, you should go to your room without supper tonight.

Lapeer, MI

#1019061 Nov 5, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Republicans:
ALL IN THE LAST MONTH.
And here I thought America had an aging population. Where do all of you little kids come from? The Mexican Border? The Magic Negro's fatherless Welfare crowd? Genetic problems in the hood?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1019062 Nov 5, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Republicans:
ALL IN THE LAST MONTH.
LOL, Odumbo the penius rides again!!

I had a PHD friend look at your posts here, and he sincerely asked me (with grave concern in his voice)if you were "legitimately mentally-challenged".

Of course I told him the truth......:-)

“no one told me”

Denver

#1019063 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Paul Ryan? The same Paul Ryan who voted yes yes yes yes on polices that created the recession?? That Paul Ryan??
Hopeless buffoon.

Newville, PA

#1019064 Nov 5, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
Read it and weep Davey boy:
"After taking office in 2009, with spending and debt already at record high levels and the deficit headed to $1 trillion, President Obama proceeded to pass his own $830 billion stimulus, auto bailouts, mortgage relief plans, the Dodd-Frank financial reforms and the $1.7 trillion ObamaCare entitlement (which isn't even accounted for in the chart). While spending did come down in 2010, it wasn't the result of spending cuts but rather because TARP loans began to be repaid, and that cash was counted against spending"
where's them jobs, Doorknob?
Bailouts - passed under the Bush administration at his request you f*cking idiot.

Both Republicans & Democrats wanted to pass stimulus bills.

All you right whiners do is blame Democrats for the effects of the George W Bush recession. My God, you even blame the bail outs on Democrats.

You people are dumber than sh*t.

How f*cking dumb are you??

You posted above : " While spending did come down in 2010, it wasn't the result of spending cuts"

right after telling us in another post that Ryan cutting spending did it.

My God, you can't even keep your lies straight.

Lapeer, MI

#1019065 Nov 5, 2013
Waxman wrote:
Obama’s 39% Gallup Rating Lowest Amid Health Care Fallout
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-05/obam...
The Garbage Truck is gaining momentum.....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1019066 Nov 5, 2013
Retarded feral chimp alert!!!

Emani Moss death: Young girl 'likely' starved before being found dead in trash can, police say

Posted: 3:35 PM

By: Associated Press

A 10-year-old Georgia girl may have been dead for days -- having likely been starved well before that -- before her charred body was discovered in a trash can, police said Tuesday.

Eman Moss, the father of young Emani Moss pointed Gwinnett County police early Saturday to her body in the trash of a Lawrenceville apartment complex.

By then, she may have been dead for days, authorities say.

Emani may have died as early as October 30, county police said Tuesday while reporting the results of an autopsy.

The state of the girl's body indicated she was severely underweight, with investigators determining she had been denied food for several days before her death.

Detectives found Emani had been isolated from everyone but her family in recent weeks. Officials said she had not attended school this school year.

Detectives said they believe Emani was burned to cover up her killing.

The Gwinnett County Medical Examiner's Office ruled her death a homicide, though it is waiting for additional test results before pinning down a cause of death.

The episode began with a 911 call around 3:40 a.m. Saturday from a man now believed to be Emani's father. Police first reported he was suicidal, but on Tuesday indicated that was not the case.

The man told dispatchers there was a body with him. His young daughter, he said, had drunk some type of chemical and died.

Gwinnett County police headed to the family's residence in Lawrenceville, a city of about 29,000 people some 30 miles northeast of Atlanta.

They found the man who apparently had made the call standing outside a building in an apartment complex. Police said he directed officers to a trash can in a recreation area where the girl's body was found.

The slain girl's father and her stepmother, Tiffany Moss, were arrested. Gwinnett County police announced Saturday evening that both are charged with felony murder, first-degree cruelty to children and concealing a body.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/emani-...

Newville, PA

#1019067 Nov 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
jury awards should be based on actual calculated damages, not on the personal opinions of the jurors...

Punitive damages are for when people hurt others on purpose.

What s your eyesight worth? How is it calculated?

Lapeer, MI

#1019068 Nov 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you forgot to go back to 2009. and you forgot 2013.
cherry pick much?
You do...and always end up with the pits.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1019069 Nov 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Please demonstrate more of your stupidity and tell us how Ryan and the policies created the world-wide recession Dumb Dave.

While you're at it stooopid, tell us how the stimulus programs would have helped the economy.

Cash for Clunkers was a clunker.

Shovel-Ready? Obama: "I guess it wasn't so shovel-ready after all, nyuk, nyuk" - stooge:

&no redirect=1

Stooge!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Susanm 313,940
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun SomePhaarts 32,913
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web