Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601223 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1016478 Nov 1, 2013
Remember the Florida woman No Surprise told us about MULTIPLE TIMES whose rates went up 900%? Turns out it was so phony even FOX accidentally exposed it:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/fox-news-h...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016479 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"GENEVA, Switzerland - The United States and the European Union have taken a "criminal path" by contributing to an explosive rise in global food prices through using food crops to produce biofuels, the United Nations special rapporteur on the right to food said today.
At a press conference in Geneva, Jean Ziegler of Switzerland said that fuel policies pursued by the U.S. and the EU were one of the main causes of the current worldwide food crisis."
LOL!! Some blame the Arab Spring on rising food prices created by burning corn.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1016481 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're a GD idiot.
I bet you think that buying stock from another stock holder creates jobs?
Really??
I am a business owner & I have run other companies. You don't know sh*t.
Those that worked with me all contributed to the companies growth & profits. In my first real job, 15 years with that company )Most as CEO) we increased profits by over 2000%. The owners had their investment back & never had to invest another dime as the company used its own value to borrow when needed & pay it back out of profits.
You wanting to hand the owners money would have had nothing to do with the company's success or profits.
If you would have handed me money, it would have no effect.
As a business manager / Owner,. I view my employees as assets.
They made/make me money.
I don't hand out jobs because someone gave me money. I employ people when there is a need to do so as my business demands
That is the difference between me & you.
You view rich people as being so kind & generous that they had out jobs to be nice & employees are damn lucky to get a paycheck no matter how small.
Me, I view employees as partners who thru their work, I make money. When I met them away from work, I would introduce them to my wife as someone I work with. Not as someone that works for me. Employees make the company, a CEO/Manager just calls the plays.
So, Flack, keep handing the wealthy money. They do littler investing in actually creates jobs. They buy pieces of paper not all IPOs.
You hand the Mitt Romney's money, I prefer to make sure the real job creators get the money.
LmFAO... I am a business owner & I have run other companies. You don't know sh*t.

Only you liars who make any claims about their race, business owner, education or their military service are liars Dumbass Dave, given you won't and can't prove a damn thing.

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016483 Nov 1, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Harvard Study Finds RomneyCare Problematic
Six years after RomneyCare became law, health insurance coverage in Massachusetts is all but universal. Yet a new statewide survey finds that those most in need of medical care are finding it harder than ever to pay for.
According to the study, which was directed by researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health and sponsored by WBUR, the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation, and the Robert Wood ­Johnson Foundation, 78 percent of sick adults consider health care costs a serious (50 percent say very serious) problem in Massachusetts.
And far from seeing improvement, nearly two-thirds of sick adults say the problem has only gotten worse over the past five years.
You know, the whole time Obama was in Massachusetts the other day preaching that Romneycare was a success and the "model" for his Obamacare, I kept thinking Romneycare wasn't doing so great. The Bostonians' reaction behind him didn't give me any indication either. They just clapped on cue - like seals.

So thanks for confirming my suspicion.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1016484 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack plans on 90 cents per meal.($800 / 30 / 3 / 10)
I'm thinking he is out at the discount food stores buying out-of-date food, gathering road kill, and a little dumpster diving. Maybe the neighbor's cat on the grill.
Maybe a box of mac & cheese is less that 90 cents a meal when you buy 5400 at a crack for a year's supply & pay cash.
Oblama says davey is too stupid to take care of himself, he'll micromanage your life for you.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1016485 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
You know, we once used to take pride in our "pioneer spirit".
It's hard to imagine Homer and dem and other liberals having pride in the "pioneer spirit".
They would have condemned their bravery to expand and settle the west under tremendous hardships.
What liberals seem to be missing is hardships create character - and character develops strength to endure hardship.
Why would anyone encourage laziness and dependency to deprive people from growing stronger in the face of adversity and overcoming hardships?
Homer? Dem? Your thoughts?
The Homers, et al of this country are drug addicts willing to sell their freedom and steal yours to get their free gub'mint stuff.

During the Revolution, these types would've been made swamp fill by the Patriots or sent back to King George with their redcoat tails shoved up their butts.

Alas, today, the Magic Negro leads hoards of the redcoat bas turds across a once free land.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016486 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Very embarrassing." as it should be. Today it's a "credit card" and no stigma attached.
They have taken the cardinals of the EBT card here in Virginia. They now have the American flag on it. Looks just like my Visa card.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1016488 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're a GD idiot.
Really??
Those that worked with me all contributed to the companies growth & profits. In my first real job, 15 years with that company )Most as CEO) we increased profits by over 2000%. The owners had their investment back & never had to invest another dime as the company used its own value to borrow when needed & pay it back out of profits.
You wanting to hand the owners money would have had nothing to do with the company's success or profits.
They made/make me money.
I don't hand out jobs because someone gave me money. I employ people when there is a need to do so as my business demands
You view rich people as being so kind & generous that they had out jobs to be nice & employees are damn lucky to get a paycheck no matter how small.
Me, I view employees as partners who thru their work, I make money. When I met them away from work, I would introduce them to my wife as someone I work with. Not as someone that works for me. Employees make the company, a CEO/Manager just calls the plays.
So, Flack, keep handing the wealthy money. They do littler investing in actually creates jobs. They buy pieces of paper not all IPOs.
You hand the Mitt Romney's money, I prefer to make sure the real job creators get the money.
"company used its own value to borrow when needed"

Who did you borrow from? Poor people?

You will never get it, dumbass dave.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1016489 Nov 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt pays far more for utilities and food every year than for medical care, all paid in cash, with no insurance....
A neighbor just got his copy of the bill for the liver transplant his wife had. Of the $440,000 he had to pay $40.
Smart person with insurance coverage pays $40
Dumb person with no insurance pays $439,960 (cash???)

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1016491 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Worrying about what other people are doing instead of working to better yourself is the highlight of being a progressive/democrat. See, you would keep the poor poorer just to stop what you perceive as the wealthy don't get wealthier. I have news for you. You could take everything the wealthy people have and within 10 years they will have gotten it back plus some. It is their nature. It is in their DNA. You libtards are clueless!!!!
My God Flack.

This country did very well in the 50's. A man could hold a job & raise a family in his owned home. That job could be a clerk in a store or a delivery man for the local bakery or run a machine in the local machine shop. Not today. It takes at least two incomes or more in these types of jobs.

The ratio of CEO pay to average worker pay as gone through the roof.

The less & less employees are paid, the less & less they have to buy things. Buying things run the economy.

Handing money to the wealthy only to have a small portion run into the economy is stupid.

It had nothing to do with what I am doing. It is not hating the wealthy.
It is about everyone sharing in the growth of this nations wealth. This is what made us great & so prosperous after WWII through the 50.

You f*cking idiots think this is about hating the wealthy when you are too GD stupid to know the wealthy have been gaming the system.

Why has nearly all the growth on wealth of this country gone to the wealthy? It was not like that before.

Evidently you think it was hard work by the wealthy. Yep, hard work buying politicians & bending the tax law & regulations to their favor. Deregulation!! Deregulation!!

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016492 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack plans on 90 cents per meal.($800 / 30 / 3 / 10)
I'm thinking he is out at the discount food stores buying out-of-date food, gathering road kill, and a little dumpster diving. Maybe the neighbor's cat on the grill.
Maybe a box of mac & cheese is less that 90 cents a meal when you buy 5400 at a crack for a year's supply & pay cash.
I would say you are dumber than a box of rocks but that would be insulting a box of rocks.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016493 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're a GD idiot.
Really??
They made/make me money.
You're a good man Dave and a responsible business owner. Our company is similar and the company is very profitable and we all make good money. Flack is as you opened your response with: a GD idiot.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1016495 Nov 1, 2013
Envy...

How far will someone go?

"In fact, people have such a pronounced aversion to earning less that they will even spend their
own resources to prevent that other person from making a relative gain..."

Wobker, I. & Kenning, P.(2013).'Drivers and Outcome of Destructive Envy Behavior in an Economic Game Setting'. Retrieved 1 Nov 2013 from, http://www.sbr-online.de/pdfarchive/einzelne_...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1016496 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're a GD idiot.
Really??
They made/make me money.
Flack is correct... You dumbass Dave are a wannabe winner yet you are a 24/7 loser on this thread you idiot...

It's the culture..
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016497 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They don't understand that part either. I always laugh when I hear ' employer matching of SSI or Medicare'.
You don't have the first fcking clue.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1016499 Nov 1, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Remember the Florida woman No Surprise told us about MULTIPLE TIMES whose rates went up 900%? Turns out it was so phony even FOX accidentally exposed it:
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/fox-news-h...
Dan Rather

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016500 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're a GD idiot.
Really??
They made/make me money.
So business must not be so good then? Because apparently the money you make isn't very much.

Why would you want the power elite to take more?

Have you stopped hiring and/or converted your full-time employees into part-time too?

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016502 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie.
The report aid that 6 people signed up on the government website. More signed up on the various State run websites.
You f*cking idiots can't get anything right.
Hey I'm not going to comment on this post but how many see the libtard thinking here?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016504 Nov 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God Flack.
This country did very well in the 50's. A man could hold a job & raise a family in his owned home. That job could be a clerk in a store or a delivery man for the local bakery or run a machine in the local machine shop. Not today. It takes at least two incomes or more in these types of jobs.
The ratio of CEO pay to average worker pay as gone through the roof.
The less & less employees are paid, the less & less they have to buy things. Buying things run the economy.
Handing money to the wealthy only to have a small portion run into the economy is stupid.
It had nothing to do with what I am doing. It is not hating the wealthy.
It is about everyone sharing in the growth of this nations wealth. This is what made us great & so prosperous after WWII through the 50.
You f*cking idiots think this is about hating the wealthy when you are too GD stupid to know the wealthy have been gaming the system.
Why has nearly all the growth on wealth of this country gone to the wealthy? It was not like that before.
Evidently you think it was hard work by the wealthy. Yep, hard work buying politicians & bending the tax law & regulations to their favor. Deregulation!! Deregulation!!
They don't understand. Just keep cutting taxes on the rich, eventually a job or two will trickle down. These dumbfks get what the deserve.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1016508 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have the first fcking clue.
Homer trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min weapon X 317,480
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr LMAOphartss 34,199
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr POPS 11,559
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web