Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1523980 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1016275 Nov 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...good one...
The highlight of many a Clinton cabinet meeting was watching Reich try to mount Janet Reno.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1016278 Nov 1, 2013
NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>

Tea Party Racism??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =P1CLPhz0DHMXX
A myth propagated by the protectors of The Teflon Con Man.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016280 Nov 1, 2013
Vehicles & Small Engines

Because higher ethanol fuel blends (like E15 and E85) have less energy content than regular gasoline, they deliver lower fuel economy and cost consumers more money at the pump. They are also corrosive when used in most automobiles, meaning they can harm engines and compromise vehicle performance. Even so, our government is mandating increased ethanol in our fuels, putting biofuels mandates ahead of the safety and convenience of American consumers and manufacturers.

Decreased Fuel Economy
Ethanol contains 33 percent less energy per gallon than gasoline, and vehicles fueled with ethanol cover fewer miles per gallon than those running on conventional gasoline. The higher the ethanol blend, the lower the fuel economy, meaning consumers must fill up at the pump more frequently.

Damage to Vehicles and Performance
Beyond the damage to your wallet, ethanol can also damage vehicles and affect performance—corroding metals, causing rubber to swell and causing engines to break down more quickly. Some ethanol blends should not be used on certain engines and motors at all. EPA’s E15 waiver covers only 2001 and newer motor vehicles. E15 is not appropriate for heavy-duty vehicles or vehicles built before 2000, nor is it fit for boats and small motors, including those in lawnmowers and chainsaws.

Higher ethanol blends may also damage newer automobiles. A study from the Coordinating Research Council, commissioned by U.S. automakers and oil companies, found that 25 percent of cars approved by the EPA to run on E15 experienced engine damage—and even failure. The study estimates that at least 5 million cars currently on the road have similar characteristics to the cars that failed as part of the study.

Automakers, aware of the damage ethanol can cause, are now advising new owners not to fill up on E15. For newer vehicles still under warranty, use of E15 may constitute a violation of warranty terms, leaving customers on the hook for costly repair bills. Toyota and Lexus have even placed warning labels on gas caps, along with instructions in the owner’s manual not to use E15.

Intermediate blends may also cause some non-road engines and motors to run at higher temperatures and experience unintentional clutch engagement, according to a Government Accountability Office report.

Libtard logic!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1016281 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, if I cut my finger and they stitch it up that prevents me from bleeding all over the place.:) Plus if I go to the ER it's free. Free, free, free. Of course if they do happen to bill me I forward the bill on to Mitt Romney.
even those with insurance generally go straight to the emergency room if they have a cut requiring stitches...because doctors haven't provided that treatment in their offices for years...and cuts often occur outside office hours

try to keep up, homeboy...
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1016283 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning, old man phaggot.
What Moochelle will call Obammy in a few years.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1016284 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not suggesting trickle up moron. But trickle down doesn't work, the 1% base is too small.
What is better for the economy that 1,000 people have money to buy a car or that 2 people have money to buy a car?
Here's what you don't seem to understand, those 2 people hire 1000 people to do various jobs, thus allowing those 1000 people to buy cars. More people than just the rich buy cars. I don't understand why you loony left wingers have such a hatred for the rich (other than you've been told to hate them). Take the money you make from the rich folks and get rich if you so choose.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1016285 Nov 1, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning pizza oven fluffer
Here's a home video of dem while he's on topix

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016286 Nov 1, 2013
The richest 1% in this country are doing just fine and they have the most powerful army/navy/airforce/marines protecting their interests here and abroad.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1016287 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of people cannot afford to do that. Plus most people have real insurance, yours is crap.
I pray for the safety and health of you and your family every night.
The only reason for insurance of any type is to protect people against losses too large to sustain....not to pay every bill...

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016288 Nov 1, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
homer keeps talking about how well he's doing. I bet his boss is rich. Without his rich boss, homer wouldn't be doing so well.
<my very rich boss pays me handsomely >
they forget that part.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1016290 Nov 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to make the obvious come full circle...
Who hires mechanics, fabricators, electricians, sheet metal mechanics, carpenters, heat and air techs and masons to build yachts, airplanes and homes?
The 1% of the population who invest, create jobs and provide a decent lifestyle for millions of families.
If everyone is poor, how does that help anyone else?
I can accept the fact that SOME wealthy people are crooks.

Its a ethics problem that will not be solved. It's been around since man began writing on cave walls.

No matter which end of the social, economical, and Political spectrum you look at you will find crooks...

What do I know...I'm just a fork who happens to be a Social Scientist...

Bozeman, MT

#1016291 Nov 1, 2013
Barack Obama knows that the Democratic Party and progressive Americans don't really care how he gets there, they just want more government control.

If the President has to deceive to do that, so be it. I have studied the man and my analysis of him has been accurate and fair. I have never demonized the President, insulted him, or tried to marginalize him.

He is a committed left-wing man who believes the USA would be a far better place if only we would all listen to him. And he'll say pretty much anything to make his progressive vision come true." - Bill O'Reilly

Bozeman, MT

#1016293 Nov 1, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
The highlight of many a Clinton cabinet meeting was watching Reich try to mount Janet Reno.
Egads...now there's a frightening picture.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1016295 Nov 1, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I probably pay way less for my good insurance than you pay for your crap insurance, plus I pay no deductibles.
Do you pay more on your auto and home policies to have zero deductibles?

Do you really know what your insurance costs? Most employers do not publish that information.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1016296 Nov 1, 2013
King George III was the power elite and the ruling class. Dem and others would have defended him.

Stalin and Mao were also the ruling class and the power elite - which dem and others would defend.

King George pretended to be fair - what with his Parliament and all.

Stalin and Mao forced people to be fair with severe consequences.

It's hard to determine which of the two power elites and ruling classes Obama fits into.

Dem, can you help me out? You would know.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1016299 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just like that women crying cause they gonna cut her EBT.$800 a month to feed five people and she runs short? Give me $800 a month and I'll feed ten people good filling meals and have money left over!!!!!
...sounds like way more than enough money to feed five....

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1016301 Nov 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason for insurance of any type is to protect people against losses too large to sustain....not to pay every bill...
They will never understand. The brainwashing has gone too deep.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016302 Nov 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
even those with insurance generally go straight to the emergency room if they have a cut requiring stitches...because doctors haven't provided that treatment in their offices for years...and cuts often occur outside office hours
try to keep up, homeboy...
Out here in PA if I ever get hurt I will demand they chopper me to a modern hospital in NJ or Philly. You hear all kinds surgical nightmares coming out of bumfck PA.

Bozeman, MT

#1016303 Nov 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Wealth envy is so last year.
Funny how these leftists define stealing the money of others and using it to buy votes as "fairness."
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1016304 Nov 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you pay more on your auto and home policies to have zero deductibles?
Do you really know what your insurance costs? Most employers do not publish that information.
I have deductibles, I just don't pay em, my employer does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 min Snowman 313,998
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr MidPhartz 32,924
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar '17 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web