Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406237 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1014712 Oct 30, 2013
Lance Armstrong, Belgian pigeons, and where did our ethics go?

"Six Belgian racing pigeons 'doped with drugs"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-246582...

So?

If a man will cheat when racing pigeons, what is to stop a man from cheating when Billions of hard to account for dollars are involved?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1014713 Oct 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Van Jones.
They already smeared his name.
When it comes to Van Jones, sh it is easy to smear.
dem

United States

#1014714 Oct 30, 2013
Good chance the dems hold the house and senate in 2016.
Single payer????

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1014715 Oct 30, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche!
Did you ever get back to me why the IRS should be involved in our personal health care business?

I'm trying to catch up now so no need to respond again if you did.

Otherwise, I'll wait.
dem

United States

#1014716 Oct 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's just hope she won't be put in charge of foreign embassies or has to make sure they're secured and won't ignore the clear warnings of another terrorist attack.

Otherwise, we're in for another round of a vast rightwing conspiracy.
Like bush did 13 times during his presidency?
Why didn't Fox News care about embassies then, dumb carol?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1014717 Oct 30, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Corey Booker will be the next President!!! They won't need Death Panels, they'll commit mass suicide.
Good one Lily! You've just switched me from a Hillory fan to a Booker fan just to see how these right wing morons would connect Booker to Benghazi.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014718 Oct 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which, by the way, dem, is very nice of you - and all young healthy males - to do. Pay more for the senior citizens.
So sweet and generous. That's why you're a liberal though, isn't it?
lol! So... cons are neither sweet nor generous???

wow...
dem

United States

#1014719 Oct 30, 2013
Too bad dumb carol didn't learn a lesson from her racist parties implosion.
She's more than happy to cheer on the tea bag terrorists as they finish killing off the Republican Party.
Tea baggers = Christian Taliban
dem

United States

#1014720 Oct 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Me? Name calling? After you just called me a racist again?

Surely, you jest.

(Homer would have called you Shirley.)
It's not name calling if its true.
You are a proud member of a racist organization.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014721 Oct 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals did it all the time from 2000 to 2008.
This radical, liberal, corrupt Chicagoan politician who was elected as president has always had an agenda.
He kept telling you what it was during his campaign in 2008. He even said single payer was where he was going to take us. That means total government control.
You weren't listening either? Or is that what you wanted - health care dictated by the state?
America was attacked on 9/11 son.

How did that not hurt America?

Cons sure do have a warped sense of what is considered hurting when they add their politics to the mix!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1014722 Oct 30, 2013
Human behavior is not so complicated after all!!!!

One parent can take a child to a museum...

or...
One parent can take a child to the food stamp office...

or...
One 17 year old can teach your 14 year old this...

PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs).
"You get the influence of older teens in high school, so when you're a 14-year-old that comes in, you have 17-year-olds who are the seniors, and they can have great influence as you progress into the next stage of your athletic career."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/19/us-...
dem

United States

#1014723 Oct 30, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever get back to me why the IRS should be involved in our personal health care business?

I'm trying to catch up now so no need to respond again if you did.

Otherwise, I'll wait.
Tell me why they shouldn't be?
Pay your taxes and buy your health care or be imprisoned. Your choice.
dem

United States

#1014724 Oct 30, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>When it comes to Van Jones, sh it is easy to smear.
You a scaredy kkkat of that big black man.
dem

United States

#1014725 Oct 30, 2013
Poor dumb carol still getting all her "news" from the admitted liars Fox News.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1014726 Oct 30, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you talk about 1930 germany but you have a problem talking about the RACIST DEMOCRAT KKK LYNCHING BLACK PEOPLE and EVEN ITALIANS because of their ROOTS funny I never SAW A JEW JOIN THE NEW NAZI PARTY BUT THEY HAVE EDUCATION and PRIDE not just mis guided EMOTIONS
Actually son, they had jews fighting in the Wehrmacht and even in the SS.

The organizations just didn't know it at the time.

Your problem is it just doesn't fit in your version of history! So we can also add laziness and a lack of knowledge and intelligence to your list as well!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1014727 Oct 30, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are in the middle of another lesson in the reason fascist State control of private industry always gets ugly.
It’s because the Little Partners are always expected to shoulder the blame for failure.
They, along with disobedient citizens, become the scapegoats for failure.
The Senior Partners in government are rarely willing to admit they made any mistakes at all, let alone criminal fraud, and they’ll never concede that their plans were flawed from inception, because that would be a devastating critique of their invulnerable ideology.
There are no Bad Ideas, just the occasional bit of sloppy execution... and that’s mostly the fault of the Little Partners entrusted by the ruling class to carry out its grand designs, combined with 'sabotage' from the citizens and representatives who didn’t embrace the program."
Well, let's see...I've heard liberals blame Republicans for the rollout website fiasco and the insurance companies for not obeying the master of their universe and throwing people off their insurance rolls left and right. Like no one saw THAT coming...

But there's no one to blame but Obama, Pelosi and Reid - kinda like the three stooges of Obamacare.
dem

United States

#1014728 Oct 30, 2013
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), enacted March 23, 2010, added new requirements that hospital organizations must satisfy in order to be described in section 501(c)(3), as well as new reporting and excise taxes.
Because many of these provisions are effective for tax years beginning after the date of enactment, revision of the core Form 990, the Form 990 Schedule H and instructions has been a priority for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
As the IRS develops the new forms and guidance to implement the ACA, the IRS goals will be to:
allow hospitals to clearly describe their activities and policies;
minimize burden to the extent possible; and
capture compliance information as required for adherence with the statute.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1014729 Oct 30, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Sebe-Lie-to-us just said the information being transferred on the website to the insurers for pricing is not reliable.
What excellent news!
Gives us lots of confidence in Obamacare!!!
Professor Obama's Culture of Corruption 101

Three years ago, when insurers and other companies had the audacity to expose Obamacare's damage to their customers and workers, Sebelius brought out her brass knuckles. Remember? The White House coordinated a demonization campaign against Anthem Blue Cross in California for raising rates because of the new mandate's costs. Obama singled out the company in a "60 Minutes" interview, and Sebelius sent a nasty-gram demanding that Anthem "justify" its rate hikes to the federal government.

A private company trying to survive in the marketplace was forced to "explain" itself to federal bureaucrats and career politicians who have NEVER run a business (successful or otherwise) in their lives.

Sebelius went even further. She called on Anthem to provide public disclosure of how the rate increases would be spent -- a mandate that no other private companies must follow.

In an even more heavy-handed effort to suppress criticism, Sebelius wrote America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), the national association of health insurers, "calling on their members to stop using scare tactics and misinformation to falsely blame premium increases for 2011 on the patient protections in the Affordable Care Act." The threatening cease-and-desist letter commanded: "I urge you to inform your members that there will be zero tolerance for this type of misinformation and unjustified rate increases.... Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers with basic protections."

The speech-stifling gag order declared war on every opponent of Obamacare who dared to question the administration's phony claims of cost-savings or expanded access.

When McDonald's notified the feds that it might have to cancel health insurance plans for 30,000 workers because of Obamacare's effective prohibition on low-cost plans, Sebelius slammed The Wall Street Journal for reporting the story. She then rushed to issue McDonald's an Obamacare waiver, the first of thousands to quell criticism and bleeding.
WOW

New York, NY

#1014730 Oct 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you crying now?
Lol!
No just saying the DUNCE democrats see the BIGOTTED ONE DROP RULE AS RACIAL PRIDE lololo NOT CRYING LAUGHING AT IGNORANCE but hey you were trained by the LIBERAL BIGOTTED RACISTS KKK PARTY you are just doing what you were taught self hate hidden by PRIDE
dem

United States

#1014731 Oct 30, 2013
Dumb carol only cares about embassy officials killed under the Obama admin.

Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr thetruth 256,128
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web