Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534355 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1013680 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>“I keep playing that over and over in my head: that you can keep your health plan, period,” said Terri Flay, a Manassas, Virginia, woman whose policy is being canceled, referring to Obama’s pledge.“But it isn’t ‘period.’ They put a gun to my head saying that I have to pay more because I need the health-care insurance.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-29/heal...
"Dem's are f*cked"
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1013681 Oct 29, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
correction:dumbdave says he only was canceled 5 times in 10 years.
He has to fill out the correct form:

http://www.specialolympicspa.org

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1013682 Oct 29, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie; no one put a gun to her head. Liar.
"Dem's are f*cked"
LCNLin

Marietta, GA

#1013683 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Ironic that the same unions who lobbied hard against Nixon's universal health care plan without big government intrusion lobbied hard for Obamacare's big government intrusion and are crying alligator tears of remorse now.
So why did Democrats reject Nixon's version of universal health care in 1974?
Anyone? Anyone?
Or George HW Bush's health insurance proposal in 1992 which included vouchers for the poor to purchase private health insurance and tax credits or deductions for families with incomes up to $80,000 as well as the creation of small business pools and health insurance networks?
Anyone? Anyone?
Two Republicans beat the Democrats to the table to offer health care reform without big government intrusion and cheaper and quality health care.
I'd really appreciate anyone on the left to respond.
Yeah,
We can watch fox as well and
read the daily tea party talking poings.
LCNLin

Marietta, GA

#1013684 Oct 29, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR
Carol is still posting warmed over fox stuff as if it was news.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1013685 Oct 29, 2013
I promise!

You can keep your existing health insurance plan!

You can keep your existing doctor!

I'm a Democrat though.

Suckers!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013686 Oct 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
the white house gets on board with the tea party and delays individual mandate
WASHINGTON — With website woes ongoing, the Obama administration Monday granted a six-week extension until March 31 for Americans to sign up for coverage next year and avoid new tax penalties under the president's health care overhaul law.

http://news.msn.com/us/white-house-grants-ext...

Six whole weeks. That ought to be enough time to fix everything and have everyone signed up in time.

The youngest and the healthiest among us are probably chomping at the bit and anxious to pay higher premiums too.
LCNLin

Marietta, GA

#1013687 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nixon first came up with the idea of health care reform similar to Obamacare but without big government intrusion.
Republicans were on board. Led by Ted Kennedy, Democrats soundly rejected it. Kennedy later voiced his regret.
Everyone wants health care reform. Why did Democrats reject it back in 1974? Because liberals want big government to be our health care provider.
Nixon was not in the teabagger party and did not shut down the government.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1013688 Oct 29, 2013
Hello rightwing morans and normal people.
LCNLin

Marietta, GA

#1013689 Oct 29, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
the white house gets on board with the tea party and delays individual mandate
Tea Party is funded by the liberal Democrats?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013690 Oct 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,
We can watch fox as well and
read the daily tea party talking poings.
Well, no, LCN. This is documented history and very easy to confirm. Fox hasn't mentioned it that I know of.

You didn't even know Nixon had a vision of universal health care, did you? And now you're embarrassed again?
LCNLin

Marietta, GA

#1013691 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
WASHINGTON — With website woes ongoing, the Obama administration Monday granted a six-week extension until March 31 for Americans to sign up for coverage next year and avoid new tax penalties under the president's health care overhaul law.
http://news.msn.com/us/white-house-grants-ext...
Six whole weeks. That ought to be enough time to fix everything and have everyone signed up in time.
The youngest and the healthiest among us are probably chomping at the bit and anxious to pay higher premiums too.
Good news for America.
Bad news for the Blame America First trolls :-)

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1013692 Oct 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The only fact evident from your post is that you are an idiot.
"Dem's are f*cked"

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1013693 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
WASHINGTON — With website woes ongoing, the Obama administration Monday granted a six-week extension until March 31 for Americans to sign up for coverage next year and avoid new tax penalties under the president's health care overhaul law.
http://news.msn.com/us/white-house-grants-ext...
Six whole weeks. That ought to be enough time to fix everything and have everyone signed up in time.
The youngest and the healthiest among us are probably chomping at the bit and anxious to pay higher premiums too.
CGI Federal executive spent 'Christmas with the Obamas'
Michelle Obama Princeton friend had White House visit right after becoming VP at company...and then the Failure in Chief gave her company the no-bid contract for O'bamacare.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013694 Oct 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol is still posting warmed over fox stuff as if it was news.
Like I said, Fox didn't mention Nixon's version of universal health care.

I actually learned more about it myself yesterday doing research - on history and government websites.

Just don't be another liberal who accuses Republicans of not putting health care reform as a priority. Two Republican presidents beat Hillary and Obama to it.

It was your side who rejected it both times.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1013695 Oct 29, 2013
It must be really bad otherwise they would be screaming from the roof what great success Obamacare is!!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1013696 Oct 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nixon was not in the teabagger party and did not shut down the government.
You are in the "I wash African balls" party!
LCNLin

Marietta, GA

#1013697 Oct 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no, LCN. This is documented history and very easy to confirm. Fox hasn't mentioned it that I know of.
You didn't even know Nixon had a vision of universal health care, did you? And now you're embarrassed again?
Just for fun

List a book
you have read
on the Nixon Administration.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1013698 Oct 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nixon was not in the teabagger party and did not shut down the government.
So in one post you say the delay is "good for America" but in another post you blame conservatives who asked for the delay to avoid a government shutdown and now that Obama has agreed to a delay you're blaming conservatives for the shutdown?

Try really hard to squeeze out from between that rock and a hard place. You're losing oxygen to your brain.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1013699 Oct 29, 2013
Right wing morons only claim of success is to find fault with progressive attempts to make life better for fellow Americans. Will these idiots ever offer ANYTHING!
Teabaggers are losers by any definition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 314,304
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr superwilly 258,464
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Here pharters 33,082
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web