Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1431733 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1012828 Oct 27, 2013
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your moral compass does seem to sitting near a magnet?"
Baawwaahhhh!!!!!!!!!
An evil fascist libtard lets the narcissism shine through.
But.. unlike you... American son!
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#1012830 Oct 27, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
I predict the chimp thief baruck's approval rating will drop below 35% by January 30th, 2014. That is the first wave that will arise after a huge majority of the middle class find their insurance rates have doubled (or their policies are cancelled altogether).
The second wave will be the repeal of odumbocare (even the leftist phags on this site know that's going to happen), followed by baruck leaving office in total disgrace as a failure......
GOP approval rating already there!
You predict!
HAHAHAHAHAHA
ROMNEY IN A LANDSLIDE!!!!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1012831 Oct 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, Liar.
Dr. Arjun Srinivasan, associate director at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.(Frontline, PBS)
"There is a tremendous amount happening at the national level. There’s better surveillance. There’s more investments in research. There’s explorations of new drug-approval pathways. There’s all of these actions happening at a large level.... You have to have active government involvement, and I think there is that."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/healt...
from your same link: Another reality is there’s not much money to be made in making new antibiotics, so we saw a lot of drug companies who left the field of antibiotic development because of this combination of factors, that it was getting really hard to discover, to develop new antibiotics, and you don’t make a lot of money in selling these drugs, so the market really wasn’t there.

…… You say you can’t make much money. I guess our society took it for granted that antibiotics were relatively cheap compared to chronic-disease drugs, but also isn’t there some economic calculations in these companies as well? Pressures on them? I don’t think they pulled out because they just don’t care anymore, right?

…Infections are not that common compared to other types of conditions like high blood pressure or high cholesterol. It’s a reality that many of the drug companies left this market because of financial realities that are placed on them. These are companies that are for-profit companies, and like you said, they have to answer to people. They have to develop drugs that will make money, and that’s not an antibiotic.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1012832 Oct 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton a was terrific POTUS__he kept us out of war, revved up the economy without going tax wild, balanced the budget and handed a surplus to the following administration.
NAFTA definitely would have survived a veto___the repeal of Glass-Steagal (Gramm-Leach-Bliley) could also have survived a veto.
Blo jbs don't count in the grand scheme of things.
Oh goody another retarded chimp.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1012833 Oct 27, 2013
CGI and we said we'd do it for 119, and not it's gonna cost 2000...

"CGI is not a creative free spirit from Jersey City with an impressive mastery of Twitter, but a Canadian corporate behemoth. Indeed, CGI is so Canadian their name is French: Conseillers en Gestion et Informatique. Their most famous government project was for the Canadian Firearms Registry. The registry was estimated to cost in total $119 million, which would be offset by $117 million in fees. That’s a net cost of $2 million. Instead, by 2004 the CBC (Canada’s PBS) was reporting costs of some $2 billion — or a thousand times more expensive."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/362255/...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1012835 Oct 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Probably didn't help that General Hayden shared his life story, US secrets and his political beliefs with strangers including a journalist on a Train.
The journalist was tweeting it all in live time.
Must have been a loud talker eh? Or hammered.
It's just a guess but I would say that being a "former" General isn't all that easy for some people. I imagine he is pretty vain and probably spoke loudly because he enjoys the attention name dropping accords him.

Location hidden

#1012836 Oct 27, 2013
Oh Canada, gun registering, and CGIs estimates were a bit off...

"...That works out to almost $300 per gun — or somewhat higher than the original estimate for processing a firearm registration of $4.60. Of those $300 gun registrations, Canada’s auditor general reported to parliament that much of the information was either duplicated or wrong in respect to basic information such as names and addresses."

DEMidiots

Satellite Beach, FL

#1012837 Oct 27, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP approval rating already there!
You predict!
HAHAHAHAHAHA
ROMNEY IN A LANDSLIDE!!!!
That's how it should have been, had the moronic obamabots realized exactly how inept the inexperienced and unqualified Obama and his ObamaScare plans really are. Now they can actually see it! LOL

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1012838 Oct 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
incorrect, meathead...show us the proof...
There is nothing in the ACA that terminates the expansion program or the funding for it..

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1012839 Oct 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Let's now forget: Hillary Clinton ordered American officials to spy on high ranking UN diplomats, including British representatives.
Top secret cables revealed that Mrs Clinton, the Secretary of State, even ordered diplomats to obtain DNA data – including iris scans and fingerprints - as well as credit card and frequent flier numbers.
All permanent members of the security council – including Russia, China, France and the UK – were targeted by the secret spying mission, as well as the Secretary General of the UN, Ban Ki-Moon.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13339...
So when did the ignorant lying O'bama stop all the spying? before or after Ignorant Hillary started? she never was very good at listening to O'bama huh?
LMAO. Daily Mail is a tabloid newspaper much like the Enquirer. It appeals to Fox News types: "lower-middle class market resulting from mass education with plenty of promotional gimmicks."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1012840 Oct 27, 2013
killtaker wrote:
CGI and we said we'd do it for 119, and not it's gonna cost 2000...
"CGI is not a creative free spirit from Jersey City with an impressive mastery of Twitter, but a Canadian corporate behemoth. Indeed, CGI is so Canadian their name is French: Conseillers en Gestion et Informatique. Their most famous government project was for the Canadian Firearms Registry. The registry was estimated to cost in total $119 million, which would be offset by $117 million in fees. That’s a net cost of $2 million. Instead, by 2004 the CBC (Canada’s PBS) was reporting costs of some $2 billion — or a thousand times more expensive."
lol! NRO.... more right winged than huffington post is left.

Location hidden

#1012841 Oct 27, 2013
Wind turbines and pet rocks...

Location hidden

#1012842 Oct 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! NRO.... more right winged than huffington post is left.
are you stoopid?

"...the skyrocketing cost of the federal gun registry. Auditor General Sheila Fraser has revealed that computer problems and other overruns could propel the project's cost to taxpayers from an original estimate of $2 million to more than $1 billion. Gun-control opponents are saying "I told you so." And even some Liberal MPs are alleging ministerial incompetence and calling for heads to roll."

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/politic...

"PAY FOR ITSELF"

But when then-justice minister Allan Rock introduced the Firearms Act in 1995, he maintained it would come with a $2-million pricetag, and claimed the program would pay for itself through licensing fees"

or....
"Subsequent independent estimates have put the tally at $2 billion"

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2005/06/17...

Point: LARGE CENTRAL Gubbymint's have a history of f'ing things up...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1012843 Oct 27, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
USAsince1680 was a birther: QUOTE who="USAsince1680" <quoted text>
As I have told you over and over again...I do not care about his
eligibility. This entire issue must be resolved to prove whether or
not Obama has been honest with the public. His refusal to provide a
copy of the birth CERTIFICATE ..a very simple fix...leaves me to be
believe that he has been less than honest with the American public. He
can end this. Why doesn't he?
But, but, but....once he provided a copy, I acknowledged there was no doubt he was IN FACT born in the USA. You, on the other hand, are still stupid.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1012844 Oct 27, 2013
So anyway, I was watching O'Reilly the other night when he was talking about the University of Colorado banning certain costumes for Halloween because they weren't considered politically correct.

As he and Greg Gutfeld bantered the topic around, I kept saying to O'Reilly, "Tell everyone to wear those exact costumes, O'Reilly...c'mon...say it...just say it...tell everyone in Colorado to wear those same costumes - dress up like Indians and cowboys and wear a sombrero."

And you know what? Not two minutes later, O'Reilly said, "I'd dress up like Pocahontas if I were out there." And then, "Everyone dress up like Pocahontas and wear a sombrero."

That's because we're on the same wavelength. I know. Uncanny. But it's happened before.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1012845 Oct 27, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why are you watching an organization you were trying to defund anyway son?
If anything,you should be outraged instead of using it as a credible source!!!
One does have to laugh at her hypocrisy....not just in regards to PBS but in regards to the use of antibiotics as well. She doesn't even believe in the use of antibiotics, let alone research to develop new ones!

"One antibiotic will screw up your system for life, if not repaired--A fact very few people understand." Fetch Almighty, Post #1008822
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1012846 Oct 27, 2013
lol! At least Cheney is realistic.
Unlike the reich wing idiots here!

"Cheney: Republicans need to look to new generation
Associated Press
By KEN THOMAS 9 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP)— Dick Cheney said Sunday that Republicans need to look to a new generation of leaders as the party deals with poor approval ratings following the government shutdown.

The former vice president said Republicans have faced challenges before and it's healthy for the party to work to rebuild.

The GOP "got whipped" in the 2012 presidential campaign, when President Barack Obama won re-election over Mitt Romney, and the party needs to build its base of supporters and find "first-class" candidates and turn to a new generation of leaders, Cheney told ABC's "This Week."

"It's not the first time we have had to go down this road and it's basically, I think, healthy for the party to be brought up short, say, OK, now it's time to go to work," Cheney said.

He predicted that his daughter, Liz Cheney, would win her Senate primary challenge against Republican Sen. Mike Enzi of Wyoming next year. The former vice president said it was "simply not true" that he and Enzi were "fishing buddies," and asserted that Enzi has received the vast majority of his campaign funds from Washington-based political action committees.

"Washington is not going to elect the next senator from Wyoming. The people of Wyoming will elect that senator," Cheney said. He said his daughter's campaign is "going full speed. She's going to win."

Asked to name a prominent Republican who can attract Democrats and independent voters, Cheney said he was "not going to predict or endorse anybody. We've got a long way to go to the next presidential election."..."

Location hidden

#1012847 Oct 27, 2013
Ok...

"Sebelius acknowledges botched testing of Obamacare website in Austin visit"

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headl...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1012848 Oct 27, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
One does have to laugh at her hypocrisy....not just in regards to PBS but in regards to the use of antibiotics as well. She doesn't even believe in the use of antibiotics, let alone research to develop new ones!
"One antibiotic will screw up your system for life, if not repaired--A fact very few people understand." Fetch Almighty, Post #1008822
It's the politics that has first dibs for fetchie!

Anything else is useless unless it supports the position!
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1012849 Oct 27, 2013
Juan Williams Accuses Republicans Of 'Empty Rhetoric' On Obamacare

Fox News analyst Juan Williams hit out at Republicans on Sunday over their opposition to Obamacare.

Williams appeared on a "Fox News Sunday" panel. He responded to Chris Wallace's charge that some Americans are losing their health insurance plans under Obamacare.

"I get the sense that people on the Republican side are enjoying this moment, but this is empty rhetoric," Williams said. He added that some plans are being cancelled because they do not meet Obamacare standards, but that those affected have received offers "for better packages at lower costs with more benefits."

"This is not the apocalypse," Williams added.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/27/juan...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 min Patriot AKA Bozo 10,086
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 min Brian_G 311,869
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Les Miles 32,401
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Joe Fortuna 257,121
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web