Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
926,061 - 926,080 of 1,079,624 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Education is important...says the Liberal...

Maybe family is too...

"Children living with gay and lesbian families in 2006 were about 65 % as likely to graduate compared to children living in opposite sex marriage families. Daughters of same-sex parents do considerably worse than sons."

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s111...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Good night all!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Wingnut Media’s Lame Attempt To Prove ObamaCare Is A Failure, Proves It’s A Success
The Daily Caller (TheDC), a website run by Fox News supplicant Tucker Carlson, has published what they laughably refer to as an “investigation” into “the numbers on the hilariously sad failure of Obamacare.” Unfortunately for them, what ends up being hilariously sad is their inept attempt to malign a program that is showing objective signs of success and is gaining in popularity.
TheDC based their article on reports of the Obama administration’s estimates that about half a million people would enroll in the ObamaCare exchanges in the first month. However, the launch of the online component of the program was something less than optimal, to put it mildly. As a result, enrollment was severely hampered.
It is was on this basis that TheDC concluded that ObamaCare has failed. But their own numbers tell a different story. TheDC cites an analysis by Millward Brown Digital, a private marketing firm, who estimate that 36,000 people enrolled in a new health care plan on the federal exchange in the first week. And according to an article in The Atlantic, an additional 115,000 enrolled via the the state exchanges. That’s about 150,000 enrollees in the first week, despite the software glitches. Extrapolate that number out for 50 more weeks, or one full year, and you get 7.5 million. The Department of Health and Human Services estimated that they would enroll seven million people the first year. Therefore, these numbers suggest that they will exceed their estimates.
....In another example of the right-wing media’s dishonesty, last Friday Fox News aired an episode of Sean Hannity’s program that included three couples who, according to Hannity, were “feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck.” However, when an aide to the former governor of Montana contacted these alleged victims, what he discovered was that not a single one of them had even bothered to look at the insurance exchange to ascertain whether or not they would be helped or harmed. In every case, as it turns out, they would have paid thousands less annually in premiums. They were simply blindly opposed to ObamaCare without any direct knowledge of it, and that’s certainly why Hannity chose them to appear on his show. This is typical of the dimwitted and deceitful brand of journalism practiced by conservative media in general, and by Fox News and TheDC in particular.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
"enrolled" is a BS term intended to deceive....

how many actually purchased insurance???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
rogermike...
On obamacare...
This is from the WaPo...
"I think it is a mixed bag. If you are old, sick, or poor you will probably pay less. If you are young and healthy, you will likely pay more. It is designed to be that way.
I checked some pricing, and for my wife and I to buy coverage with a $1500 deductible in 2013, the rate would be just under $600 a month. In 2014, a similar policy would be just over $1000. We don't qualify for subsidies, so we would be a loser.
On the other hand, my mom and her husband are in their early 60's and don't qualify for Medicare yet. Their insurance will go down a bit"
Why would someone be so cavalier about their insurance going up so much?
$4000 Dollar increase...that's a new car payment...
Very telling...
people who incur debt to purchase an automobile are living beyond their means....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know shit but love running your mouth. You have to have an attempt to distribute charge to face prison time stupid! A simple possession charge will land you in a drug program but, you know it all, so you think.
depends where you are, brutha....better stay in the hood...

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
No weed smoking because the damage is already done.
You are now in 'permanent high' mode for the rest of your sorryass life.
Oh, brother, talk about a sorry ass life...

http://content.time.com/time/video/player/0,3...

I'm guessing he doesn't notice the hypocrisy in claiming to value his privacy and actually writing an autobiography about himself simply to make money off being Barack's brother?

Anybody who appreciates how short life is won't waste any of their precious time or money on his "story".
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Government Shutdown Exposes Rift Among Republicans
Republican strategist Mike Murphy chided what he called "the stupid wing of the Republican Party."
"There's tension and there ought to be a questioning of whether we ought to listen to such bad advice," Murphy said when asked about the influence of conservative groups. "We took a huge brand hit. It's self-inflicted.... I'm glad there are no elections tomorrow."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/18/gove...
as if Republicans should listen to "strategists" like Murphy and Rove who lost the last two elections...time to clean house...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Democrats have things under control!!!!!
"Bob Laszewski: What I’m worried about is that when people go to their doctor in January they may walk in, and the doctor and hospital won’t find them in the insurer’s computer system or their bank account won’t be appropriately debited or they’ll be signed up for the wrong plan."
Who is Bob Laszewski?
"Robert Laszewski is president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates, a policy and marketplace consulting firm that has him working closely with many in the heath industry as they try to navigate the Affordable Care Act..."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
more likely that people will go to their doctor in January and learn that he/she is not part of their plan....even though they had Blue Cross before and still do...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Democrats have it all under control....
Ezra Klein asks...
"Tell me what you’re hearing from the insurance industry that has you concerned.
BL: The insurance industry is literally receiving a handful of new enrollments from the 36 Obama administration-run exchanges. It’s really 20 or 30 or 40 each day through last week. And a good share of those enrollments are problematic. One insurance company told me,“we got an enrollment from John Doe. Then five minutes later we got a message from CMS disenrolling him. Then we got another message re-enrolling him.” On and on, up to 10 times. So insurers aren’t really sure if the enrollments they’ve got are enrollments they should have."
probably people submitting bogus names to shop without being committed, just like any other product.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Wow...what a simple question...
"Are there no Democrats in Silicon Valley?"
Canucks know lots more about computer systems than those Silicon Valley geeks....

if Obama had a brain, he would call Bill Gates and beg for help....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Leo....calling leo!!!!!!
"More schools opening Advanced Placement courses to all students.
Some students may not be adequately prepared for the rigorous classes and high achievers may be shut out. But supporters see equal access as an educational right"
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-ap-classes...
discrimination against Asian-Americans....

place illiterates in advanced placement classes makes lots of sense....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
Leo....calling leo!!!!!!
"More schools opening Advanced Placement courses to all students.
Some students may not be adequately prepared for the rigorous classes and high achievers may be shut out. But supporters see equal access as an educational right"
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-ap-classes...
Miracle Vitangcol, a Downtown Magnets junior with average grades and test scores, is failing her AP U.S. history class; she said she is overwhelmed by the rapid pace and volume of material she needs to memorize. But she said she intends to stick it out because the class is teaching her to manage her time, take good notes and develop perseverance.

"I'm struggling to adjust," she said. "But I keep telling myself,'It's OK. You can do it. Just push yourself.' "

Some critics worry that the open-access movement is pushing too many unprepared students into AP classes, as indicated by higher exam failure rates over the last decade and a persistent achievement gap among races. They also fear that open enrollment policies are prompting teachers to weaken courses and inflate grades.

"While expanding access is generally a good thing, we need to make sure we're not watering down the experience for the high achievers," said Michael Petrilli, executive vice president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, a Washington-based educational policy organization.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
discrimination against Asian-Americans....
place illiterates in advanced placement classes makes lots of sense....
It reminds me of a science fiction story I read several years ago. The nearly brain dead were allowed to sit as heads of state and corporations while a few geniuses actually did all the work that kept the the lights on and the species from extinction. It seems if you wait long enough even the most ludicrous fiction can become fact. I feel for the geniuses of the future. ;)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Who give's a rats rear end what you think. To fit in you should go an idiots thread, you and "poop" would be naturals for that thread.
God bless America.
Peace
KMA
lol! Same to you son....

... and the radical reich wingers too!
Shay

Cleveland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It reminds me of a science fiction story I read several years ago. The nearly brain dead were allowed to sit as heads of state and corporations while a few geniuses actually did all the work that kept the the lights on and the species from extinction. It seems if you wait long enough even the most ludicrous fiction can become fact. I feel for the geniuses of the future. ;)
Poh Thang.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems the Republicans have a lot more power than we thought after this last fiasco when it comes to Democrats needing a scapegoat.
Keep telling yourself that, then sit back and relax son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Lookie, kid, I can scratch my azz, pick my nose and Tap Dance while walking my dog, cat and next door neighbor's wife as I sing Dixie but to what end?
Who cares?
Get simple. Get real.
lol! You must be a sight walking down the street son!

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
r u familiar with S & M?
Yer killin' me here...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It reminds me of a science fiction story I read several years ago. The nearly brain dead were allowed to sit as heads of state and corporations while a few geniuses actually did all the work that kept the the lights on and the species from extinction. It seems if you wait long enough even the most ludicrous fiction can become fact. I feel for the geniuses of the future. ;)
You mean the blue collars eh?

interesting.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Canucks know lots more about computer systems than those Silicon Valley geeks....
if Obama had a brain, he would call Bill Gates and beg for help....
Gates really doesn't do anything in the 'computer' world son.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••