Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264193 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

#1006895 Oct 18, 2013
Stop smoking pot Yeah, try Shabu instead! Flips are totally addicted!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1006896 Oct 18, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut off SSDI to Jew beitches that collect it while pretending to be a rich republican.
Unlike you I am not disabled.
But here are some more loons from the DOJ-everyone will be disabled under O'bama-except the Conservatives.
In one of the more outrageous moves by the Justice Department’s bloated civil rights division, a private college was strong armed into a legal settlement in which it agreed that food allergies are a disability under federal law.

The story got little coverage as the Department of Justice (DOJ) quietly persuaded the Massachusetts College, Lesley University, to change its campus menu and serve certain foods to accommodate students with allergies. The preposterous case was brought to Judicial Watch’s attention by Robert Popper, who at the time was a Deputy Chief at the DOJ’s Voting Section. Popper, an esteemed attorney, currently helps lead JW’s Election Integrity Project.

The allergy drama was brought to the DOJ by students who complained that Lesley University didn’t provide enough gluten-free food alternatives and therefore the college failed to accommodate the needs of those with gluten-free diets. The worker bees in the DOJ’s civil rights division, always quick to play the discrimination card, found that the students could not “fully and equally enjoy the privileges, advantages and accommodations of its food service and meal plan system.” This includes the benefits of eating with other students and faculty on campus.

So the feds got to work, pressuring the small college that specializes in education, writing and fine arts programs into changing its menu. How? By accusing the school of violating Title III of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).“Food allergies may constitute a disability under the ADA,” according to the settlement between the college and the feds.“Individuals with food allergies may have an autoimmune response to certain foods, the symptoms of which may include difficulty swallowing and breathing, asthma and anaphylaxis.”

Maybe the government should look at the Bromine being put into the wheat products... the root of the problem.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006897 Oct 18, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
should have figured, a teabagger blogger. yeah I take his analysis anyday over the CBO
And... You idiot prefer ghetto...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006898 Oct 18, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I caught a jewtard hook swallower.
Súck my big diçk you úrban retãrd...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1006899 Oct 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Trust me R&B has nothing to do with rap crap.
R&B > Funk > cRap.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1006900 Oct 18, 2013
(CNN)-- One of the most dangerous asteroids on record zipped close by Earth last month.
It made headlines on Thursday, when reports said that there's a chance it could strike our planet in less than 20 years. Such a collision could unleash a force as powerful as a couple of thousand atomic bombs.
But NASA was quick to calm nerves and point out some very good news. The most dangerous known asteroids don't really pose much of a threat. And there are very few of them.
Also, the chances that this one, which the Ukrainian astronomers who discovered it named 2013 TV135, will collide with Earth are extremely slim, NASA said in a statement it called "a reality check."
The space agency is 99.998% certain that when it whooshes back around the planet in 2032, it will simply sail past us again.
Searching for all asteroid threats NASA asks public to hunt asteroids Meteorite pulled from Russian lake
The probability of it striking Earth currently stands at 1:63,000, and even those odds are fading fast, as scientists find out more about the asteroid.
"This is a relatively new discovery," said Don Yeomans, manager of NASA's NEO Program. "With more observations, I fully expect we will be able to significantly reduce, or rule out entirely, any impact probability for the foreseeable future."
2013 TV135 was discovered on October 8, while NASA was closed during the government shutdown. And already it looks to soon be joining the ranks of the more than 10,000 known near-Earth objects that are virtually certain to cause us no harm.
But until then, it has the distinction of having a danger rating of 1 out of a possible 10 on the Torino Impact Hazard Scale, the system that gauges the danger of impact destruction by asteroids.
The 1 rating means that it poses "no unusual level of danger." There is "no cause for public attention or concern."
Almost all other asteroids that scientists have discovered rank a 0 on the scale. There is another asteroid with a danger rating of 1. And it, too, is no cause for alarm, NASA says.
September's close pass
Follow CNN Science News

Facebook: CNNScience

Twitter:@CNNLightYears
The close pass 2013 TV135 made on September 16 was not a near miss. At a distance of 4.2 million miles as it flew by, it was more than 15 times as far away from Earth as the moon.
That pales by compare to the closest shave the Earth got from an asteroid of considerable size in recorded history.
On February 15 this year, asteroid 2012 DA14, which measured 150 feet wide, slipped in below the moon's orbit and squeaked by our planet just 17,200 miles from its surface.
The one that passed by in September is big, with a diameter of 1,300 feet. That's the size of four football fields, but it does not quite make it an Earth crusher.
An asteroid needs to be at least twice as large to advance into that league.
"We believe anything larger than one to two kilometers (about 0.6 to 1.2 miles) could have worldwide effects," NASA said in a statement.
Russian divers find huge suspected meteorite chunk
Near passes daily
Two behemoths in that size range will pass by planet Earth in the next three months at similar distances as 2013 TV135. NASA says that neither will hit us.
Near asteroid passes are common. They pretty much occur daily, if not two or three times a day, NASA says.
They come, and they go, and they leave the Earth in peace.
In addition, particles from space bombard our planet every minute -- at a rate of 100 tons a day, NASA says.
You eat them; you drink them; you breathe them. Much of you and everything else on Earth contains them.
Distant catastrophe
Though it seems Earth is safe for now, there is such a thing as a doomsday asteroid.
Scientists say it is likely that the impact of an asteroid over six miles wide wiped out dinosaurs along with much of the life on Earth 65 million years ago.
More like it will come, NASA says.
But they only turn up once every "few million years."
That may give humanity some time to find a way of dealing with it.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#1006901 Oct 18, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
...and dumbfk blockheads like you who can't carry his own load, so you leech off of others, you useless POS.
Hey, I've been on both sides of the fence, a giver &, a taker. I didn't cry either way. I've always been smart enough to understand, there's always going to be people who are doing worse off than I am. It's my obligation as a human to, help those below me in status. The smart man know's, " Fore the pendulum swings both ways." The dummy dodges it from the front, only to take it from the backside! How's your rear end feeling?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1006903 Oct 18, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing is as pathetic and coward ghost asking someone else to fight his battles.
AND... Here we still have an old incontinent old man called ghost constantly banging his gums and keyboard complaining about life or someone, you dishonoring America's Veterans and War heroes... God. What a sorry ass life you have there, little old man...
It's the culture..
You still mad because I busted you lie about serving...I love your obsession. Loser.r
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006904 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>C Steven Tucker is an insurance broker and Tea Party activist who appears on FOX business and many right wing radio talk shows including that of Wayne Dupree.
I can see why you hide your sources__you're fkn embarrassed to admit that you actually read that crazyiness.
AND... As a retired chief bedpan handler Realtime thinks he really knows his shit!

It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1006905 Oct 18, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like rap either, but I'm not a young black dude, thus not the target audience.
Bet your parents hated Led Zeppelin.
My dad liked/likes music of all kinds. But liked country/bluegrass/gospel mostly. Only time he didn't like music was when I would come in at 2-3 in the morning and put my headphones on but forget to turn off the speakers. Mom was dead.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1006906 Oct 18, 2013
If the republicans can only get hold of this...

"New, Incurable Botulinum Strain Has Top Secret DNA"

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/new-inc...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1006907 Oct 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>C Steven Tucker is an insurance broker and Tea Party activist who appears on FOX business and many right wing radio talk shows including that of Wayne Dupree.
I can see why you hide your sources__you're fkn embarrassed to admit that you actually read that crazyiness.
I don't hide anything. Most of the time it is because the article is too long or there is a graph or video in the way. What difference does it make. Go drink another beer!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006909 Oct 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You still mad because I busted you lie about serving...I love your obsession. Loser.r
Only you liars who make any claims about their race, education or their military service are liars ghost, given you won't and can't prove a damn thing you idiot.

ghost trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit...

It's the culture...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1006911 Oct 18, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know jackshyt.
I guess I should talk like this so I don't disappoint homer.
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#1006912 Oct 18, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
There already is.
It's called R&B
No, cuz unlike that bullshit that you listen to, Rap will never die. I just wrote a banging song today titled " Trapped in my own mind." It's deep! It talks about the conscious &, unconscious war between good & evil &, how nobody looks within themselves for guidance & fault. We're trained to blame it on either God or, the devil when in reality it's "Spirit vs mind=Good vs evil. When I lay it down, I'll send you a copy. Lol!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1006914 Oct 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a statement posted by a complete idiot.
100% urban ignorance about anything non-urban.
I agree son...

You are a complete idiot!!!

Thanks for finally sharing that.
Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

#1006915 Oct 18, 2013
From now on Samoan Irish will be know as "Green Savage"

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1006916 Oct 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know I am. They just want to just keep taking more and more. Won't be long till the government gives you everything and they just take all your money. Oh wait, they tried that once. It didn't work out too good. Never mind!
I don't understand why most people don't feel Tsx Enough Already.

<not a complete list>

Personal/Consumer Taxes & Fees

1.Federal income tax
2.State income tax
3.Local income tax
4.Employee social security tax (your employer pays the other half)
5.Employee Medicare tax (your employer pays the other half)
6.Property taxes
7.Road toll charges
8.State sales tax
9.Driver's license renewal fee
10.TV Cable/Satellite fees & taxes
11.Federal telephone surtax, excise tax, and universal surcharge
12.State telephone excise tax and surcharge
13.Telephone minimum usage and recurring/nonrecurring charges tax
14.Gas/electric bill fees & taxes
15.Water/sewer fees & taxes
16.Cigarette tax
17.Alcohol tax
18.Federal gasoline tax
19.State gasoline tax
20.Local gasoline tax
21.Federal inheritance tax
22.State inheritance tax
23.Gift tax
24.Bridge toll charges
25.Marriage license
26.Hunting license
27.Fishing license
28.Bike license fee
29.Dog permit/license
30.State park permit
31.Watercraft registration & licensing fees
32.Sports stadium tax
33.Bike/nature trail permit
34.Court case filing fee
35.Retirement account early withdrawal penalty
36.Individual health insurance mandate tax
37.Hotel stay tax
38.Plastic surgery surcharge
39.Soda/fatty-food tax
40.Air transportation tax
41.Electronic transmission of tax return fees
42.Passport application/renewal fee
43.Luxury & gas-guzzler car taxes
44.New car surcharge
45.License plate and car ownership transfer taxes
46.Yacht and luxury boat taxes
47.Jewelry taxes & surcharges
48.State/local school tax
49.Recreational vehicle tax
50.Special assessments for road repairs or construction
51.Gun ownership permit
52.Kiddie tax (IRS form 8615)
53.Fuel gross receipts tax
54.Waste Management tax
55.Oil and gas assessment tax
56.Use taxes (on out-of-state purchase)
57.IRA rollover tax/withdrawal penalties
58.Tax on non-qualified health saving account distributions
59.Individual and small business surtax (page 336 of Obamacare)
60.Estimated income tax underpayment penalty
61.Alternative Minimum Tax on income
Business Taxes & Fees

62.Federal corporate income tax
63.State corporate income tax
64.Tax registration fee for new businesses
65.Employer social security tax
66.Employer Medicare tax
67.Federal unemployment tax
68.State unemployment tax
69.Business registration renewal tax
70.Worker's compensation tax
71.Tax on imported/exported goods
72.Oil storage/inspection fees
73.Employer health insurance mandate tax
74.Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals (page 2001/Sec. 9007 of Obamacare)
75.Tax on Innovator Drug Companies (Page 2010/Sec. 9008 of Obamacare)
76.Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers (Page 2020/Sec. 9009 of Obamacare)
77.Tax on Health Insurers (Page 2026/Sec. 9010 of Obamacare)
78.Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans, i.e. "Cadillac" plans
79.Tax on indoor tanning services
80.Utility users tax
81.Internet transaction fee (passed in California; being considered in other states and at federal level)
82.Professional license fee (accountants, lawyers, barbers, dentists, plumbers, etc.)
83.Franchise business tax
84.Tourism and concession license fee
85.Wiring inspection fees
86.Household employment tax
87.Biodiesel fuel tax
88.FDIC tax (insurance premium on bank deposits)
89.Electronic waste recycling fee
90.Hazardous material disposal fee
91.Food & beverage license fee
92.Estimated income tax underpayment penalty
93.Building/construction permit
94.Zoning permit
95.Fire inspection fee
96.Well permit tax
97.Sales and Use tax seller's permit
98.Com mercial driver's license fee
99.Bank ATM transaction tax
100.Occupation taxes and fees (annual charges required for a host of professions)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1006917 Oct 18, 2013
flack wrote:
Ah! Stairway to Heaven. A real classic!
Hey! A question. Do you think there will be a golden oldies station for rap music in 20 years?
Rap is a money making venture and not an art form.

I've played golf with Luther Campbell a couple of times (he can play) and his behavior is strictly business. Same same ZZ Top who's drummer owned auto racing teams and was a terrific road course driver.

Art-Money

Brittney, Jessica and Miley___money

Christina Aguilera__art

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1006919 Oct 18, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I like both places but at this stage of my life I love the peace and quite life without all the traffic and hustle bustle of the crowds. I have 86 acres along with a very nice house in the Jefferson National Forest with a pond stocked with Blue Gill, Bass and Catfish. I'm not a hunter but I do allow a few people to hunt occasionally. I will be visiting Calif. from time to time as I have my daughter and grand children there. I hope all is well with you. After i'm on here for a week it becomes clear that the Obama haters are total fanatics and kinda scary.
These right wing cowards are harmless. Weak minds are scared to death of everything, that's how their wealthy handlers use fear to motivate them. They sleep with their AK47 under their pillows. They'd never shoot it, they're just chest beaters. The only thing they'd use their rifle for is to tie a white flag to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Brian_G 310,364
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min godisimaginary 245,061
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 55 min LTTL 6,503
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr stewart scott 29,854
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web