Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1563712 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1005490 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's just natural for them!
like...
"The attack in Benghazi was the result of a spontaneous demonstration...."
How many times did Susan Rice repeat this lie?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005491 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, boxing matches aren't my thing. So I'm actually relieved the gloves have come off and that part's over.
Now we can sit back and watch the show - don't know if it's a tragedy or comedy - it's another surprise.
Talk to ya' later, Homer. The Five is on.
Did you see Carney, WH spokesperson, trying to play they wanted a bi-partisan solution. This after a couple weeks of out right hostile remarks they NOW want to play like they were above it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1005492 Oct 16, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Look up H res. 368, passed undercover by the republican house members on Oct 1, to stymie any attempts of anyone beside the majority leader or, his appointee the privilege to bring forth a vote on reopening the gov't. Also look up rule 22;4 of the standing house rules so you can see how they put the freeze on any progress
The government didn't need to be reopened because there was never any government shut down. It was all a hoax.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1005493 Oct 16, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious what Clinton did.
http://www.1stcavmedic.com/bill-clinton-draft...
For someone who never faced that decision you should really STFU.

Clinton avoided the draft but he was not a war mongering jackass like Karl Rove & Dick Cheney & George W. Bush.

The Vietnam War was not about defending our country. It wax a stupid war based on a stupid theory that we pretended to wage. When going to war, take the whole team. The entire situation was avoidable in the 50's.

I was in college & sat in the room with20 guys watching them draw numbers. If your number was under 160, you were f*cked. College deferments for most in that room would run out before the war was over.

I recall one of those in that room was a kind gentle divinity student. Drafted. Then dead. He had no business being in war.

I don't blame those who try to avoid the Vietnam draft. I only blame those that did that & then went on to be hawks.

Me, I put my name in the draft but wasn't chosen.

Those that didn't live it should be judges of those that did.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005494 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. Heard him talking in the background. Couldn't remember what his name was. Wasn't even sure he was still alive.
Was it a commercial?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005495 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see Carney, WH spokesperson, trying to play they wanted a bi-partisan solution. This after a couple weeks of out right hostile remarks they NOW want to play like they were above it.
Nothing Carney says surprises me. Absolutely nothing. But, then again, he's thrown to the wolves without having a clue what's really going on behind the scenes.

Obama seems to like it that way.

But gotta go watch my show. For real this time.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005496 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner is a Democrat wearing a RINO costume. How long have I been saying that? Since January, 2011, right? Any doubt about that now?
He leads the Republican's 5th column.
Davey is hyperventilating as the Dems are still in shock they took a hit in this debacle too.

Also, Dems are not being smart and came out swinging MORE spending-a big loser for the Dems.

Don't feed their doldrums by over reacting yourself.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1005497 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The government didn't need to be reopened because there was never any government shut down. It was all a hoax.
So no government office was closed? Did you try getting an oil lease in the past two weeks?
You are so stupid about some of the things you post in the other things you are just wrong.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005498 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was willing to let the Senate give an inch to allow the Rethugs to save face but am delighted to see they held firm and offered no concessions. That really is what needed to happen to end the obstructionist tactics of people. They needed to suffer an embarrassing defeat to make them humble. Cruz really should apologize to his party for going against Republican leaders and pushing to dismantle Obamacare and he should apologize to America for the shutdown.
Senator Richard Burr (R-North Carolina):
“Let’s just say sometimes learning what can’t be accomplished is an important long-term thing,” Mr. Burr said,“and hopefully for some of the members they’ve learned it’s impossible to defund mandatory programs by shutting down the federal government.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/us/congress...
I figured they would have to give in somewhere... and that's not a problem.

But with the current agreement, they simply kicked the can down the road.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005499 Oct 16, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Hey daughter we all know what you eat for lunch, the manure that spews of of the boy president nobama's mouth every time he opens it.
Peace
KMA
lol! And I we all know you wish you could eat that good son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005500 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm permanently in the no spin zone. It's my keen wit and sarcasm that's probably making you feel dizzy.
By the way, I got to see O'Reilly and Miller in person last weekend. Watching the Factor will never be the same again. O'Reilly can be really funny - and we were actually in the same place together.
I was the only one in the entire theater who waved shamelessly as he was walking off the stage. Think he even acknowledged it with a smile in my direction.
Now I can die happy.
You have a schedule for that son?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1005501 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here I thought you dipsticks were having fits about federal parks & memorials being closed. I guess you were just lying about that.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005502 Oct 16, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Is sabotaging the economy considered a WMD to you?
You know? I'm not sure.

I've been giving that some thought and haven't come to a conclusion yet.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005503 Oct 16, 2013
Hey the Libs changed their name to Progressives when the old label became unpopular. Any guesses what their new name will be?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005504 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The House planned to shut down the government by passing funding bills and sending them to the Senate, right?
Oh no son. The cons in the House did shut down government. They certainly didn't push through any 'clean' bills for funding.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1005505 Oct 16, 2013
Yes, Ted Cruz Just Joined The Surrender Caucus

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-joins...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005506 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
like...
"The attack in Benghazi was the result of a spontaneous demonstration...."
How many times did Susan Rice repeat this lie?
You keep making that claim son...

.. and that's about where you leave it.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005507 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I must have missed all those various 'clean' bills of theirs.
Or the cons in the House must have completely ignored anything anyone else said.
I vote for the later.
What happened the Dems demand for a "clean" bill?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1005508 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange you are using India as proof as their main religions are Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism
Yeah right__maybe you need to take another head count.

Try Muslims in India.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005509 Oct 16, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>So no government office was closed? Did you try getting an oil lease in the past two weeks?
You are so stupid about some of the things you post in the other things you are just wrong.
Shhh! He means 'real' government... you know, like HIS EBT card!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 28 min cpeter1313 315,175
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 11,286
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May '17 Into The Night 258,461
More from around the web