Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1683785 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1005303 Oct 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Lois winning? Have I missed something?
Apparently. Homer said to be gracious to the losers.

I said ok for him, not me. They tried to destroy our President. I don't suffer these fools gladly.

Had nothing to do with Lois.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005304 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is sending the bill for the $150 a month directly to you.
Oh no, now old Flack will have to go pick up some more scrape. Lol.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005305 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I've been around a lot of Christians since Roe v Wade and not once have I heard the issue of abortion become the topic of discussion.
It's more of an understood thing - that God created life and irresponsible behavior isn't just cause to end it.
But this "evangelical" thing some of you seem obsessed with just doesn't exist.
It's probably more prevalent in black churches, actually.
Evangelical Christians would vote for Obama instead of a fiscally Conservative Jewish candidate....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005306 Oct 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The vote must happen today to avoid default.
silly statement....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005307 Oct 16, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We did not build it!
Democrats did!
They created Beavis and Butthead!
They built this:
"Dayton Daily News prepares for layoffs"
http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2013/1...
DemoKKKrats will soon push government subsidies to rescue the failing dead tree media....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005308 Oct 16, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Praise Jesus!
First person enrolls in Delaware!
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Delaware-h...
Hallelujer!

That brings the grand total nationwide up to...what...3000 now? Give or take a few thousand?

Anywaaaay...I'm sure they'll have this thing running like a well-oiled machine after the IRS has collected all the tax penalties from the millions who couldn't sign up for the darn thing first.

Because as we ALL know the government ALWAYS manages to succeed in everything they touch with amazing efficiency.

So no worries. Everyone is probably just waiting until the last minute.

And like that song goes: "Everything little thing -- is gonna be all right."

Just ask any liberal on here. They'll probably even sing it for you.

(Okay, my sarcasm has peaked. Just heard the break bell anyway.)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1005309 Oct 16, 2013
Limbaugh goes nuclear:‘placeholder’ GOP ‘so irrelevant’

With news Wednesday that the U.S. Senate would move forward with a vote to reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling — not even to be blocked by Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R)— conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh slammed Congressional Republicans for what he called a lack of “any opposition” to Democrats.

“I was trying to think earlier today if ever in my life I could remember any political — any major political party — being so irrelevant. I have never seen it,” Limbaugh said on his show.“I have never seen a major political party simply occupy placeholders as the Republican Party is doing. There hasn’t been any opposition. Not any serious opposition. There may have been votes against this or that.… But in terms of a policy-oriented, a package of policies, a package of principle beliefs, of opposition expressed daily by party leaders against what’s happening in this country, there hasn’t been.”

Until Wednesday, Cruz was a leading voice in opposing reopening the government without concessions from Democrats to defund or delay “Obamacare.”

Listen…

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/10/16/limba...

and i swear to god this is the link to go listen...

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/10/16/limb...

no little alphabet acronyms can express the depth of hilarity that that one deserves.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1005310 Oct 16, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We did not build that!
Democrats did!
They build everything!
They invented the light bulb, as well as Polio!
And the created this:
"OmniAmerican Bank to lay off 24, cut back on auto loa"
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/10/09/52341...
they didn't build that pie in the sky that just fell on your head.

there is that.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005311 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I only want Obama's and Reid's ugly baby to die. It's not natural for them to have a baby anyway - especially an ugly one.
However, Reid would have been the surrogate if that were possible and Obama only provided the...well, the you-know-what.
But Pelosi may have provided the egg. Even more unnatural if you ask me. Two men...a woman...and an ugly baby.
i'm trying to have pity for you, but it's not easy

Orlando, FL

#1005312 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelical Christians would vote for Obama instead of a fiscally Conservative Jewish candidate....
Galt, as much as I like you, that's about the dumbest post I've ever read from you.

Maybe you should have driven through a few church parking lots in November 2012 and looked at the bumper stickers.

You would've been hard-pressed to find any that didn't have Romney/Ryan somewhere on the back of the car.

Your perspective about Christians is skewered beyond anything recognizably rational, my conservative friend.

So knock it off.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1005313 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The first computer company
The first computer company was the Electronic Controls Company and was founded in 1949 by J. Presper Eckert and John Mauchly, the same individuals who helped create the ENIAC computer. The company was later renamed to EMCC or Eckert-Mauchly Computer Corporation and released a series of mainframe computers under the UNIVAC name.
First stored program computer
First delivered to the United States Government in 1950, the UNIVAC 1101 or ERA 1101 is considered to be the first computer that was capable of storing and running a program from memory.
First commercial computer
In 1942, Konrad Zuse begin working on the Z4, which later became the first commercial computer after being sold to Eduard Stiefel a mathematician of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich on July 12, 1950.
The first PC (IBM compatible) computer
On April 7, 1953 IBM publicly introduced the 701, its first electric computer and first mass produced computer.
The first computer with RAM
MIT introduces the Whirlwind machine on March 8, 1955, a revolutionary computer that was the first digital computer with magnetic core RAM and real-time graphics.
TransistorsThe first transistor computer
The TX-O (Transistorized Experimental computer) is the first transistorized computer to be demonstrated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1956.
The first minicomputer
In 1960, Digital Equipment Corporation released its first of many PDP computers the PDP-1.
----------
You want to talk about computer generated signatures??
The first signature duplicating machines were developed by an Englishman named John Isaac Hawkins. Hawkins received a United States patent for his device in 1803. In 1804, Thomas Jefferson began using the device extensively. This early device was known at the time as a polygraph (an abstracted version of the pantograph) and bears little resemblance to today's autopens in design or operation. The modern autopen called the Robot Pen was developed in the 1930s, and became commercially available in 1937 (used as a storage unit device, similar in principle to how vinyl records store information) to record a signer's signature. A small segment of the record could be removed and stored elsewhere to prevent misuse. The machine would then be able to mass-produce a template signature when needed."
----------
I guess Niccolo Machiavelli wasn't aware of this when he gave you your marching orders thru the TV!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Now all you have to do is show us how a computer was used to put a signature on a birth certificate in 1961 in Hawaii, moron. For some reason, the only "birth certificate" with a computer generated signature in 1961 coincidentally belonged to the person who is an obvious fraud and current president.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it grow a thumb and shoot itself.
... got a problem there, don't you.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005314 Oct 16, 2013
If Obama fired Sebelius now, would this come across primarily as a sign of strong leadership or as an admission that things are terrible?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005315 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Limbaugh goes nuclear:‘placeholder’ GOP ‘so irrelevant’
With news Wednesday that the U.S. Senate would move forward with a vote to reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling — not even to be blocked by Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R)— conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh slammed Congressional Republicans for what he called a lack of “any opposition” to Democrats.
“I was trying to think earlier today if ever in my life I could remember any political — any major political party — being so irrelevant. I have never seen it,” Limbaugh said on his show.“I have never seen a major political party simply occupy placeholders as the Republican Party is doing. There hasn’t been any opposition. Not any serious opposition. There may have been votes against this or that.… But in terms of a policy-oriented, a package of policies, a package of principle beliefs, of opposition expressed daily by party leaders against what’s happening in this country, there hasn’t been.”
Until Wednesday, Cruz was a leading voice in opposing reopening the government without concessions from Democrats to defund or delay “Obamacare.”
Listen…
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/10/16/limba...
and i swear to god this is the link to go listen...
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/10/16/limb...
no little alphabet acronyms can express the depth of hilarity that that one deserves.
Good, I hope that loud mouth bastard gets a stroke.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005316 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt, as much as I like you, that's about the dumbest post I've ever read from you.
Maybe you should have driven through a few church parking lots in November 2012 and looked at the bumper stickers.
You would've been hard-pressed to find any that didn't have Romney/Ryan somewhere on the back of the car.
Your perspective about Christians is skewered beyond anything recognizably rational, my conservative friend.
So knock it off.
His comments are based on the lack of their appearance at the polls.

How do you explain this?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005317 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I've been around a lot of Christians since Roe v Wade and not once have I heard the issue of abortion become the topic of discussion.
It's more of an understood thing - that God created life and irresponsible behavior isn't just cause to end it.
But this "evangelical" thing some of you seem obsessed with just doesn't exist.
It's probably more prevalent in black churches, actually.
Oh my word, you are such a liar. Now you blame all those 1000 pieces of anti womens rights on black churches? Are you drunk? or maybe it is LSD.
This evangelical thing just doesn't exist?
How can you stand to even type such lies? You; who continually tries to post photos of dead fetuses!!!

Orlando, FL

#1005318 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yes they do Carol! My dad's girlfriend's children are all religious nuts. Biggest bunch of backstabbers you'd ever find. My take on religious people is they are a bunch of hypocrites. Why I left the church and never looked back.
Remember the song by the Jackson Five, "don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch, girl..."?

Same goes for any group of people.

If one charitable organization is accused of embezzlement, does that mean all charitable organizations are thieves?

There are good churches and bad ones.

I've been to both kinds too.

Just pick a good one. If you even want to go to church, I mean.

But don't become a liberal on me, flack, and broad-brush entire groups of people to fit a personal bad experience or agenda.

I'm struggling already with Galt.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005319 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So knock it off.
Galt is right on this. He's told you so many times.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1005320 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman had to wipe her computer of all cookies, etc, in order to sign up.
See how pleased she is after she tries to use her insurance.
It was a state exchange__she's pleased__case closed.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005321 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
DemoKKKrats will soon push government subsidies to rescue the failing dead tree media....
Pooh, we already have PBS and NPR financed by us.

Nothing irritates tax payers more than this rewarding individuals for being campaign supporters.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1005322 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
to begin with, no need to create an account with the exchange unless you are eligible for a taxpayer subsidy....
where in your procedure do you learn about the provider network???..or don't you care???....
First of all, it's not "my procedure". It is the procedure set out on the healthcare.gov web site. If the plan does not set out their network on the exchange, all anyone has to do is make a phone call or go online for a list. Do you really need someone to guide you by the hand?

For example, here is the webpage for Aetna's network of doctors and hospitals:

http://www.aetna.com/dse/search...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 min hojo 12,050
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Bruddah Z 326,465
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr YOUR Tasty Cak 35,357
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web