Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
921,981 - 922,000 of 1,100,169 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1003426 Oct 14, 2013
We did not build that!

Folks did not make us fat...
Uncle Sam did!

Uncle Sam also did this:

"U.S. releases illegal immigrants who are sex offenders"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...

Because it makes Republicans angry let's do it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1003427 Oct 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A funded budget would be a balanced budged. When did Bush sign a balanced budget?
you just said there's no such thing as unfunded because of the governments power to tax. Therefore every budget is funded. Everything the government does is funded. There is no such thing as government debt.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1003428 Oct 14, 2013
In the dead of night before the shutdown, the Republicans forced through a rule change, one which effectively handed over control of the government over to one man, Eric Cantor. You see, under the rules of the house, the members of the house had the ability to put the Senate resolution to a vote in the house. Here is the rule, as written:

When the stage of disagreement has been reached on a bill or resolution with House or Senate amendments, a motion to dispose of any amendment shall be privileged.

New Rules, New Leader In Congress.

However, the rule change pushed through in the dead of night without any oversight or debate instead put the authority to proceed into the hands of the majority leader in the house, Eric Cantor. This is the same Eric Cantor who is known for having gutted anti-corruption and bribery legislation. And now, he runs the show. Even House Speaker John Boehner can not bring it up to a vote.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1003429 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't afford to spend the whole day running around the net.
so what's the deal?
It is your usual morning line up.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1003430 Oct 14, 2013
So-Called "Red State Welfare" = Junk Science

This "red state welfare" hypothesis falls completely apart when we look at the data.

The so-called top 10 "red states" on welfare are New Mexico, Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, Virginia, and Kentucky.

The purportedly bottom 10 "blue states" not on welfare are New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York, and Colorado.

To show how mindless this liberal proposition is, the "red state welfare" argument appears to be entirely based only on how each state voted in the most recent presidential election. This results in entirely junk science.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/the_my...

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#1003431 Oct 14, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kinda racist don't you think?
Really? I'm sure there's black trash, Oriental trash, Hispanic trash, Native American trash, etc., as well. It's just the white trash tends to think they're better than other trash just because they're white.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003432 Oct 14, 2013
Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs was extremely critical Monday of the rollout for the Affordable Care Act, saying that the glitches and delays that have beset the health exchange website should cost some officials their jobs.

Gibbs suggested during an apperance on MSNBC that the Obama administration is lucky that the public's attention has been largely consumed with the government shutdown.

"Can you imagine if we weren't obsessed with the shutdown what would be going on on health care?" Gibbs, now an MSNBC analyst, said. "In fact, Republicans probably would be a lot closer to their goal had they not done that."

"This is excruciatingly embarrassing for the White House and for the Department of Health and Human Services. This was bungled badly," he continued. "This was not a server problem, just too many people came to the website. This is a website architecture problem. I think it's excruciatingly embarrassing. It's not fatal because there are still many weeks and days to go before the enrollment period closes at the end of March."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/former-...

"a website architecture problem"

so who hired CGI? fire the idiot.

though Indiana didn't fire the guy who hired the company(Xerox. SNAP, TANF, ect...) that got thrown out of Texas and Indiana for incompetence. the GOP just moved him up the ladder.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003433 Oct 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Most on the right pretended to love old Herman Cain, then when he fell out of favor he was never heard from again. Proving only that the right has absolutely no allegiance but to power and greed. The Independents are the ones that win election and the baggers are losing bad there. Carol spend most of her day whistling and hoping.
herman Cain is heard from every weekday

http://m.wsbradio.com/s/herman-cain/ .
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1003434 Oct 14, 2013
you did not build it...

Uncle SAM built the .gov ACA website...

Yes they did!

lookie here:

"After Two Weeks CNN Reporter Still Hasn't Been Able To Sign Up For ObamaCare"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003435 Oct 14, 2013
poll...

New Zogby Poll: Obama Recovers, Congress Suffers from Shutdown

While a 45% job approval rating is hardly anything to brag about, especially in the context of a government shutdown and a looming crisis just days away regarding failure to extend the national debt limit, the new Zogby Poll shows the degree to which the government crisis is hurting Congress even more than the President – especially the public’s perception of the Republican Party. According to the new poll, Congress overall receives only a 13% job approval rating, compared with a 85% disapproval rating. The 13% figure matches the 13% approval rating of the Republicans in Congress, while the Democrats in Congress receive a 24% approval rating and 73% disapproval.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnzogby/2013/10...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1003436 Oct 14, 2013
Blue State, Red Face: Guess Who Benefits More From Your Taxes?

""The results will stun many people, though not me: I’ve been telling my Tea Party relatives this for years. Here’s a list of the top 10 states that got the most back in terms of federal benefits, followed by the bottom 10. I’ve added the reasons why, when they’re obvious, in the space to the right.

To save space below,“pension benefits” include both Medicare and Social Security; “anti-poverty aid” includes Head Start, Low Income Home Energy Assistance, Food Stamp and nutrition programs for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), and several school-lunch-style benefits.

Top Ten (Source: Tax Foundation):

1. New Mexico Indian reservations, military bases, federal research labs, farm subsidies, retirement programs

2. Mississippi Farm subsidies, military spending, nutrition and anti-poverty aid, retirement programs.

3. Alaska Per capita No 1 recipient of federal benefits; infrastructure projects, DOT and pork projects.

4. Louisiana Disaster relief, farm subsidies, anti-poverty and nutrition aid, military spending.

5. W. Virginia Farm subsidies, anti-poverty and nutrition aid.

6. N. Dakota Farm subsidies, energy subsidies, retirement and anti-poverty programs, Indian reservations.

7. Alabama Retirement programs, anti-poverty and nutrition aid, federal space/military spending, farm subsidies.

8. S. Dakota Retirement programs, nutrition aid, farm subsidies, military spending, Indian reservations.

9. Virginia Civil service pensions, military spending, veterans benefits, retirement, anti-poverty aid.

10. Kentucky Retirement programs, nutritional and anti-poverty aid, farm subsidies.

Now consider the bottom 10, i.e., the ones that give more to the federal government in taxes than they get in return. From 1 to 10, they are:

New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York, Colorado.

Anything strange about that list? Yes, they are all blue states (or the deepest of purple).

You nitwits are so screwed. You bitch about taxes, yet it's the reddest states (like Flake's WVA and VA) that get far more than they pay in.

If they didn't, WVA and th erest would empty out in a month.
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Lillington, NC

#1003437 Oct 14, 2013
WATCH C SPAN AND HEAR THE DEM cry babies TALK ABOUT
THE GOV. SHUT DOWN THAT ARE 100% GUILTY OF creating!!!!!I AM PLAYING MY Violin AND WATCHING
THIS DEM CARTOON!THIS IS BETTER THAN BUGS BUNNY!THESE
DEM AND OBAMA ARE A BIG JOKE!5 YEARS NOW AND THE SAME
OLD BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

LMAO
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1003438 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Blacks like Marcus who don't toe the liberal line are the real n*****s, ain't that right, PBM <wink, wink>?
Was it you who posted yesterday that you were an "R"? LMAO! Who the feck are you trying to kid?
Oh, like most of your posts, your last sentence is nothing but unsubstantiated blather.
I'm not only a Republican but a supervoter who actually does occasionally receive polling calls.

There are far more Repubs like me than there are of your loudmouth lying ilk.

Scumbag troll pos.

Location hidden

#1003439 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Realtime is smart and experienced, well, I just stopped taking you seriously. LOL
Compared to Gunner, even NoSurprise is smart and experienced.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1003440 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
ok, polls....
Most voters still don’t like the new national health care law but also say it has had no impact on them so far.
Forty-seven percent (47%) of Likely U.S. Voters share at least a somewhat favorable opinion of the law, while 52% view it at least somewhat unfavorably, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Overall favorables for the law are the highest of the year.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
I knew you would get there with the polls.

I noticed the one you were promoting last week has swung the other direction.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003441 Oct 14, 2013
What’s Wrong with Movement Conservatism

Erick Erickson exemplifies the self-deluding movement conservative with this response to the failure of his preferred strategy:

Isn’t it interesting that when Ted Cruz and Jim DeMint were touring America to fight against Obamacare, the popularity of the GOP was going up and the popularity of Obamacare was going down.[sic]

But now that John Boehner and the Orange Man Group of Capitol Hill are the faces of the GOP, Obamacare’s popularity is going back up and the GOP’s popularity is going back down.

That might be interesting if it were true, but no reasonable interpretation of the evidence supports it. When Cruz and others were “touring,” not many people were paying attention to them. Thanks to the shutdown strategy that Erickson wanted and wants to continue, the public paid closer attention to what the defunders were doing in Washington. Unsurprisingly, most recoiled from it, blamed Republicans more for the shutdown, and approved of the party less. Party leaders did exactly what Erickson wanted, and it blew up in their faces. Even though they were merely going along with the bad idea he helped promote, Erickson wants to blame them for everything that has gone wrong. This is the domestic political equivalent of when Iraq war boosters tried to blame Rumsfeld for screwing up their otherwise “brilliant” plan. It’s always someone else’s fault.

Obviously, his purpose is to deflect blame for the political damage that Erickson and his allies inflicted on the GOP and on the opposition to the health care law, but the only people that would believe such a transparent deception are those that still imagine that Republicans are winning the standoff, and they are becoming fewer by the day. As if that weren’t enough, Erickson ties this to a blatant fundraising pitch for the organizations most responsible for foisting this failure on the GOP and for primary challengers against Republican leaders that went along with the doomed strategy for far longer than anyone would have thought possible. It is most of what is wrong with movement conservatism summed up in one short post: lie to your audience, evade responsibility for failure, and then urge people to throw their money away to fund more of the same “activism” that helped create the current mess.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

#1003442 Oct 14, 2013
Get Sexy Sexy get Funky then dance Lawd!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003443 Oct 14, 2013
"....most of what is wrong with movement conservatism summed up in one short post: lie to your audience, evade responsibility for failure, and then urge people to throw their money away to fund more of the same “activism” that helped create the current mess...."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003444 Oct 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You make all kinds of sht up. Who you kidding??
Maybe she should use your favorite word and call them 'skanks'.
go piss on someone else leg, I don't give a sht what you think.

Location hidden

#1003445 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's a "black thang", Realtime. That's why there are more black Republicans now than when Obama was elected.
How does it feel to be so clueless and a race baiter to boot?
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The old and reliable 'because he's black'- repeated ad nauseam, always without any real thought or effort to be either truthful OR original.
In other words, a real yawner.
So Carol speaks of more imaginary blacks joining the Repugnants, and you don't challenge it as 'blather'??

She offers no proof, as usual, but you just accept it??

And you really say you're not Gunner?? LOL You finally got over your humiliation over Rmoney's loss, I see.

Fred should show up any day now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 min Fight On 27,083
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 226,341
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Pearl Jam 305,446
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE