Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1003434 Oct 14, 2013
you did not build it...

Uncle SAM built the .gov ACA website...

Yes they did!

lookie here:

"After Two Weeks CNN Reporter Still Hasn't Been Able To Sign Up For ObamaCare"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003435 Oct 14, 2013
poll...

New Zogby Poll: Obama Recovers, Congress Suffers from Shutdown

While a 45% job approval rating is hardly anything to brag about, especially in the context of a government shutdown and a looming crisis just days away regarding failure to extend the national debt limit, the new Zogby Poll shows the degree to which the government crisis is hurting Congress even more than the President – especially the public’s perception of the Republican Party. According to the new poll, Congress overall receives only a 13% job approval rating, compared with a 85% disapproval rating. The 13% figure matches the 13% approval rating of the Republicans in Congress, while the Democrats in Congress receive a 24% approval rating and 73% disapproval.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnzogby/2013/10...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1003436 Oct 14, 2013
Blue State, Red Face: Guess Who Benefits More From Your Taxes?

""The results will stun many people, though not me: I’ve been telling my Tea Party relatives this for years. Here’s a list of the top 10 states that got the most back in terms of federal benefits, followed by the bottom 10. I’ve added the reasons why, when they’re obvious, in the space to the right.

To save space below,“pension benefits” include both Medicare and Social Security; “anti-poverty aid” includes Head Start, Low Income Home Energy Assistance, Food Stamp and nutrition programs for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), and several school-lunch-style benefits.

Top Ten (Source: Tax Foundation):

1. New Mexico Indian reservations, military bases, federal research labs, farm subsidies, retirement programs

2. Mississippi Farm subsidies, military spending, nutrition and anti-poverty aid, retirement programs.

3. Alaska Per capita No 1 recipient of federal benefits; infrastructure projects, DOT and pork projects.

4. Louisiana Disaster relief, farm subsidies, anti-poverty and nutrition aid, military spending.

5. W. Virginia Farm subsidies, anti-poverty and nutrition aid.

6. N. Dakota Farm subsidies, energy subsidies, retirement and anti-poverty programs, Indian reservations.

7. Alabama Retirement programs, anti-poverty and nutrition aid, federal space/military spending, farm subsidies.

8. S. Dakota Retirement programs, nutrition aid, farm subsidies, military spending, Indian reservations.

9. Virginia Civil service pensions, military spending, veterans benefits, retirement, anti-poverty aid.

10. Kentucky Retirement programs, nutritional and anti-poverty aid, farm subsidies.

Now consider the bottom 10, i.e., the ones that give more to the federal government in taxes than they get in return. From 1 to 10, they are:

New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York, Colorado.

Anything strange about that list? Yes, they are all blue states (or the deepest of purple).

You nitwits are so screwed. You bitch about taxes, yet it's the reddest states (like Flake's WVA and VA) that get far more than they pay in.

If they didn't, WVA and th erest would empty out in a month.
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Lillington, NC

#1003437 Oct 14, 2013
WATCH C SPAN AND HEAR THE DEM cry babies TALK ABOUT
THE GOV. SHUT DOWN THAT ARE 100% GUILTY OF creating!!!!!I AM PLAYING MY Violin AND WATCHING
THIS DEM CARTOON!THIS IS BETTER THAN BUGS BUNNY!THESE
DEM AND OBAMA ARE A BIG JOKE!5 YEARS NOW AND THE SAME
OLD BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

LMAO
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1003438 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Blacks like Marcus who don't toe the liberal line are the real n*****s, ain't that right, PBM <wink, wink>?
Was it you who posted yesterday that you were an "R"? LMAO! Who the feck are you trying to kid?
Oh, like most of your posts, your last sentence is nothing but unsubstantiated blather.
I'm not only a Republican but a supervoter who actually does occasionally receive polling calls.

There are far more Repubs like me than there are of your loudmouth lying ilk.

Scumbag troll pos.

Location hidden

#1003439 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think Realtime is smart and experienced, well, I just stopped taking you seriously. LOL
Compared to Gunner, even NoSurprise is smart and experienced.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1003440 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
ok, polls....
Most voters still don’t like the new national health care law but also say it has had no impact on them so far.
Forty-seven percent (47%) of Likely U.S. Voters share at least a somewhat favorable opinion of the law, while 52% view it at least somewhat unfavorably, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Overall favorables for the law are the highest of the year.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
I knew you would get there with the polls.

I noticed the one you were promoting last week has swung the other direction.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003441 Oct 14, 2013
What’s Wrong with Movement Conservatism

Erick Erickson exemplifies the self-deluding movement conservative with this response to the failure of his preferred strategy:

Isn’t it interesting that when Ted Cruz and Jim DeMint were touring America to fight against Obamacare, the popularity of the GOP was going up and the popularity of Obamacare was going down.[sic]

But now that John Boehner and the Orange Man Group of Capitol Hill are the faces of the GOP, Obamacare’s popularity is going back up and the GOP’s popularity is going back down.

That might be interesting if it were true, but no reasonable interpretation of the evidence supports it. When Cruz and others were “touring,” not many people were paying attention to them. Thanks to the shutdown strategy that Erickson wanted and wants to continue, the public paid closer attention to what the defunders were doing in Washington. Unsurprisingly, most recoiled from it, blamed Republicans more for the shutdown, and approved of the party less. Party leaders did exactly what Erickson wanted, and it blew up in their faces. Even though they were merely going along with the bad idea he helped promote, Erickson wants to blame them for everything that has gone wrong. This is the domestic political equivalent of when Iraq war boosters tried to blame Rumsfeld for screwing up their otherwise “brilliant” plan. It’s always someone else’s fault.

Obviously, his purpose is to deflect blame for the political damage that Erickson and his allies inflicted on the GOP and on the opposition to the health care law, but the only people that would believe such a transparent deception are those that still imagine that Republicans are winning the standoff, and they are becoming fewer by the day. As if that weren’t enough, Erickson ties this to a blatant fundraising pitch for the organizations most responsible for foisting this failure on the GOP and for primary challengers against Republican leaders that went along with the doomed strategy for far longer than anyone would have thought possible. It is most of what is wrong with movement conservatism summed up in one short post: lie to your audience, evade responsibility for failure, and then urge people to throw their money away to fund more of the same “activism” that helped create the current mess.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

#1003442 Oct 14, 2013
Get Sexy Sexy get Funky then dance Lawd!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003443 Oct 14, 2013
"....most of what is wrong with movement conservatism summed up in one short post: lie to your audience, evade responsibility for failure, and then urge people to throw their money away to fund more of the same “activism” that helped create the current mess...."

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1003444 Oct 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You make all kinds of sht up. Who you kidding??
Maybe she should use your favorite word and call them 'skanks'.
go piss on someone else leg, I don't give a sht what you think.

Location hidden

#1003445 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's a "black thang", Realtime. That's why there are more black Republicans now than when Obama was elected.
How does it feel to be so clueless and a race baiter to boot?
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The old and reliable 'because he's black'- repeated ad nauseam, always without any real thought or effort to be either truthful OR original.
In other words, a real yawner.
So Carol speaks of more imaginary blacks joining the Repugnants, and you don't challenge it as 'blather'??

She offers no proof, as usual, but you just accept it??

And you really say you're not Gunner?? LOL You finally got over your humiliation over Rmoney's loss, I see.

Fred should show up any day now.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1003446 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, lordy...
So are you saying it's okay if Democrats don't have moral character as long as they respect women's rights to legally kill their unborn?
I've gotta go do some chores. Thank goodness.
It isn't just about Republicans refusing to allow a woman to have control over her own body in making decisions about abortion. It is about Republican's desire to control a women's body by blocking access to birth control and voting against a woman's right to sue for punitive damages in cases of paycheck discrimination.

You fail to understand that you defeat yourself when you and your party try to force others to live according to your moral point of view. Republicans just can't accept free will.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1003447 Oct 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's take a look at which states have the largest percent of their population on welfare.
1 California
2. Maine
3. Tennessee
4. Massachusetts
5. Vermont
6. District of Columbia
7. New York
8. Minnesota
9. Washington (state)
Tie-10. New Mexico
Tie-10. Indiana
12. Rhode Island
13. Michigan
14. Pennsylvania
15. Oregon
http://www.cnbc.com/id/31910310/page/1
As usual, you need to work on your definition of terms. SSI is not considered welfare in the rating you use, and it was centered on the amount of extended benefits being paid to the unemployed after Bush's Depression. People like Batty Loo, who've only worked part-time at best, withdrew personal pension funds and spent them (if she is to be believed) is now "retiring" at sixty-two to live the rest of her useless existence on funds she hasn't put in. That's those T-P "Morans" in a nutshell: out there with their misspelled signs demanding that Obammy keep government out of their Medicare. lol

States receiving the most federal funding per tax dollar paid:

1. New Mexico:$2.63
2. West Virginia:$2.57
3. Mississippi:$2.47
4. District of Colombia:$2.41
5. Hawaii:$2.38
6. Alabama:$2.03
7. Alaska:$1.93
8. Montana:$1.92
9. South Carolina:$1.92
10. Maine:$1.78
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1003448 Oct 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
United has been struggling ever since they merged with Continental Airlines in 2010. Passengers and corporate accounts have been leaving the carrier in droves for the competition and they have the worst operational record among the nation’s top 15 airlines. Their job loss is of their own making.
http://upgrd.com/matthew/why-united-airlines-...
No....
Obama built everything...
And he is to blame!!!!!!
He gave us Insurance!!!!
He invented flatulence!

I love logic!

Who is to blame for the USPS being billions in the red?

"The United States Postal Service has run up $4 billion in losses so far this year..."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dougbandow/2013/0...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003449 Oct 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would get there with the polls.
I noticed the one you were promoting last week has swung the other direction.
i expect his numbers to go down. just like Congress.

people are sick of the gridlock. no matter who's to blame.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1003450 Oct 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Their sex lives or preferences have nothing to do with womens rights. How do you know Monica didn't like cigar sex? Whose business is it anyway? You'd be surprised how many men take pictures of their penises and send them to people. Did you read about that new cop in SC who sent pictures of his penis to a 13 year old in Iowa? It's not about killing the unborn; it's about the right of women over their own bodies.
I believe in sexual freedom; what people do is their own business.
I agree that Anthony Weiner, John Edwards and Bill Clinton are scoundrels. I'm so grateful that President Obama didn't pick John Edwards for VP! Who did they hurt Carol? They hurt their wives and children and their reputations. Men are weird, especially powerful ones.
However, none of the above ever proposed forcing women to have vaginal probes; forcing women to have rapists babies; giving visitation rights to rapists; charging women who had an abortion with a felony tampering with evidence if she aborted the rapists baby; force women to submit to testing of a miscarriage to prove it wasn't self induced.
You evangelical republicans are like the Taliban; you views are more akin to Sharia law than anyone elses. Funny you can't see that.
Bravo. Excellent post.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1003451 Oct 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Blue State, Red Face: Guess Who Benefits More From Your Taxes?
""The results will stun many people, though not me: I’ve been telling my Tea Party relatives this for years. Here’s a list of the top 10 states that got the most back in terms of federal benefits, followed by the bottom 10. I’ve added the reasons why, when they’re obvious, in the space to the right.
To save space below,“pension benefits” include both Medicare and Social Security; “anti-poverty aid” includes Head Start, Low Income Home Energy Assistance, Food Stamp and nutrition programs for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), and several school-lunch-style benefits.
Top Ten (Source: Tax Foundation):
1. New Mexico Indian reservations, military bases, federal research labs, farm subsidies, retirement programs
2. Mississippi Farm subsidies, military spending, nutrition and anti-poverty aid, retirement programs.
3. Alaska Per capita No 1 recipient of federal benefits; infrastructure projects, DOT and pork projects.
4. Louisiana Disaster relief, farm subsidies, anti-poverty and nutrition aid, military spending.
5. W. Virginia Farm subsidies, anti-poverty and nutrition aid.
6. N. Dakota Farm subsidies, energy subsidies, retirement and anti-poverty programs, Indian reservations.
7. Alabama Retirement programs, anti-poverty and nutrition aid, federal space/military spending, farm subsidies.
8. S. Dakota Retirement programs, nutrition aid, farm subsidies, military spending, Indian reservations.
9. Virginia Civil service pensions, military spending, veterans benefits, retirement, anti-poverty aid.
10. Kentucky Retirement programs, nutritional and anti-poverty aid, farm subsidies.
Now consider the bottom 10, i.e., the ones that give more to the federal government in taxes than they get in return. From 1 to 10, they are:
New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York, Colorado.
Anything strange about that list? Yes, they are all blue states (or the deepest of purple).
You nitwits are so screwed. You bitch about taxes, yet it's the reddest states (like Flake's WVA and VA) that get far more than they pay in.
If they didn't, WVA and th erest would empty out in a month.
Anecdote!
Where is you link?

Location hidden

#1003452 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
So-Called "Red State Welfare" = Junk Science
This "red state welfare" hypothesis falls completely apart when we look at the data.
The so-called top 10 "red states" on welfare are New Mexico, Mississippi, Alaska, Louisiana, West Virginia, North Dakota, Alabama, South Dakota, Virginia, and Kentucky.
The purportedly bottom 10 "blue states" not on welfare are New Jersey, Nevada, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Illinois, Delaware, California, New York, and Colorado.
To show how mindless this liberal proposition is, the "red state welfare" argument appears to be entirely based only on how each state voted in the most recent presidential election. This results in entirely junk science.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/the_my...
Your source agrees that the top ten moocher states are the same!!LOL

The only distinction the American Stinker makes is in the political realm. They claim the politics are more 'complicated'. But they don't question the numbers.

They did not dispute the economic numbers at all, which are Gov't numbers.

You lose, but nice try, Gunner.

This is so typical of your diversionary tactics from the past.

You post a link that makes you a liar, hoping nobody will actually look into it. How typical of a crooked cop.

I hope you've been enjoying Nobraina's attacks on the fascist police.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1003453 Oct 14, 2013
Teats and a sucking sound!!!!!!

"The District of Columbia, however, received an even higher amount per capita than both those states. The nation’s capital received $83,196.12 per resident,"

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/31/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Bruin For Life 29,093
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thewordofme 235,842
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 309,000
Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Kyle Wiltjer Comm... (Sep '10) 3 hr patty sue 5
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr Quantummist 4,370
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr RiccardoFire 201,446
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 8 hr squeezers 762
More from around the web