Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395959 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

San Jose, CA

#1001762 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So local buses are magical and don't require a turn around to get back off the estate?
lol ! You really need to brush up on your comprehension skills son!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001763 Oct 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are back to Valerie posts the tea party is in Trouble?
She's pretty much always been there 24/7 telling him what to do. You don't think he knows how to do this all by himself, do you?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001764 Oct 11, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
The tea party is no more patriotic to America than Osama bin Laden was, and their desire to see this government fail is only matched by their incessant threats to “take America back” to the 1770s when the country was under tyrannical English rule. Teabaggers feel strong support for America, but it is an America that never existed and unrelated to 2008 when their worst nightmare came true; the people elected an African American President. After he saved the economy, cut spending, created jobs, and cut taxes that most Americans believed earned him a second term, the Tea Party Taliban threatened more violence, stocked their armories, and prepare for revolutionary war.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/06/01/patrio...
You're confusing Osama with Obama and Obamacare which is destined to see this nation fail. Nevermind the government failing. It's already been there, done that.

It's the people I'm worried about. Especially people like you. The economy is anything but saved. Obama has done more spending than any other president. Jobs being created are part-time because of Obamacare and Obama has raised taxes at every opportunity. Obamacare, by the way, is a tax law. Which brings me back to my original point.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001765 Oct 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the GOP's strategic failure here: Obamacare's launch has been awful. More than a week after the federal insurance marketplaces opened, most people can't purchase insurance on the first try. But Republicans have chosen such a wildly unpopular strategy to oppose it that they've helped both Obamacare and its author in the polls.
This could've been a week when Republicans crystallized the case against Obamacare. Instead it's been a week in which they've crystallized the case against themselves.
And for what? In 2011, when Republicans last tried serious hostage taking, they managed to drive down both their numbers and President Obama's numbers. But even if they could manage that now -- and while the NBC/WSJ and Washington Post/ABC News polls both showed some improvement in Obama's numbers, an AP poll showed deterioration -- this isn't 2011.
In 2011, President Obama was going to be on the ballot against a Republican candidate who wasn't involved in the mess in Washington. The congressional GOP's kamikaze mission made sense as a way to aid an outsider challenger like Mitt Romney. But Obama won't be on any more ballots. Congressional Republicans will be. At this point, it's not a kamikaze mission. It's just suicide.
Senior Republicans -- who never wanted to be in this mess in the first place -- are increasingly desperate to get out. On Thursday, House Republicans floated a six-week delay of the debt ceiling and Senate Republicans floated a proposal that would reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling in return for repeal of the medical-device tax and a handful of other minor concessions.
Democrats didn't jump at either proposal. Their position is no policy negotiations until the government is reopened and the debt-ceiling is raised and they're seeing nothing in the polls to change their mind.
The problem for Republicans right now is they still believe they need to get something, anything, in return for funding the government and paying the bills. They promised their base concessions and they feel they need to deliver. But as of yet, they're still not prepared to give anything up -- at least not anything Democrats see as a concession.
The hope was that the pain of the shutdown and the Democrats' fear of the debt ceiling would give the GOP leverage. But all Democrats are seeing is a disaster for the GOP. And at this point, the GOP is seeing it, too.
Obamacare will collapse under its own weight without any help from Republicans. They were elected to speak on behalf of the people and that's what they did.

But all of this will be forgotten after the first of next year when the reality of Obamacare is all anyone will be talking about.

It won't matter how hard Republicans tried to prevent it in the long run. Once the government is up and running again, people will forget all about this. But they won't be able to forget Obamacare and will remember Republicans tried.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001766 Oct 11, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Either that or the "lawyers" (the awrlmightee "lawyers"-- that shamefully took DAYS to figure out whether benefits should be paid to grieiving family members) told them they'd be setting the givverment up for even MORE dysfunctionality by continuing with the current partisan dysfunctionality and might have to pay lost revenue compensation, for causing private business to loose business.
Whatya think Carol---on h/c exchanges should the givverment get all dysfunctional into partial shut down again?
Who would be "responsible" then...the givverment..for the partial payments of subsidies...the tax payers paying premiums, the tax payers paying commie-marxist tax and fines, or private sector ins company providers partially paid for by tax payers directly via premiums and indirectly by tax payers paying for givverment subsidies, and charitable foundation donators, picking up the slack....
It's just going to be a big mess. That's all I know.
Nat Turner

Philippines

#1001767 Oct 11, 2013
Yeah! thats what i'm saying! get paid and laid! but we still need dem buds! And I ain't talking about beer Diba?
Nat Turner

Philippines

#1001768 Oct 11, 2013
The Chinese have the Gookapines so stung out on shabu that they cant even think straight!
Nat Turner

Philippines

#1001769 Oct 11, 2013
Filipino Women are Ugly as Hell!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1001770 Oct 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare will collapse under its own weight without any help from Republicans. They were elected to speak on behalf of the people and that's what they did.
But all of this will be forgotten after the first of next year when the reality of Obamacare is all anyone will be talking about.
It won't matter how hard Republicans tried to prevent it in the long run. Once the government is up and running again, people will forget all about this. But they won't be able to forget Obamacare and will remember Republicans tried.
Then ALL THE MORE REASON to let it go & let Healthcare implode. After all you lot are quite happy to see the country implode, no wonder the world brands you now as the American Taliban. Check the overseas news services and see what they say about tea baggers. If you could get yourself away Fox for 5mins, there is a whole different world out there.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1001771 Oct 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing Osama with Obama and Obamacare which is destined to see this nation fail. Nevermind the government failing. It's already been there, done that.
It's the people I'm worried about. Especially people like you. The economy is anything but saved. Obama has done more spending than any other president. Jobs being created are part-time because of Obamacare and Obama has raised taxes at every opportunity. Obamacare, by the way, is a tax law. Which brings me back to my original point.
the only point you should be worried about....

"The Republican Party finds itself in trouble -- big trouble. Obamacare is not going to be defunded, and the GOP will have to make a deal with the president. And you know who's most happy about this? Hillary Clinton, that's who. Hard-right Americans should understand that Democrats will win next year's midterm elections and the presidency of 2016 if the Republican party does not begin to solve problems."

-- Bill O'Reilly
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#1001772 Oct 12, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of a right wing nut. Comments with no substance or facts. They actually think this will sway others to think their ignorance is bliss. Don’t look now lad but your republican, Tea is headed for the archaic dust bins of another failed political party. Dragging the standard republican party down with it that come 2016 they still will not have fully recovered. Gallup poll shows congress at 11% disapproval with 70% holding GOP responsible for lost of leadership capabilities. All they have exposed as leadership from 2008 is obstruction with no foundations and since 2010 they have become the party that the “Tail wags the Dog”. Can not even govern their own party and they want to govern the Nation? LOL give me a break. LOL
Whether it's Decades of Labour controlled counties in the UK, Socialist controlled Greece/Europe or Democrat controlled California or Detroit. You will see what oversized, controlling powers can do to destroy economies and the lives of ordinary people.'In God we trust' remember that? Seems many on the left now worship another kind of power. A power that stifles, a power that's so big it controls all aspects of our lives, a power who mascarades as your friend but in reality erodes your freedoms. No longer free to make our economies great again but wholly dependent on Governments to decide our futures. What kind of Freedom is that? No party is perfect but I am on the side of independence and not Obama's Government goal of inter dependence.
Mile

Bournemouth, UK

#1001773 Oct 12, 2013
No matter if you're left, right, blue or red. The simple truth is enormous controlling Governments = less freedoms and an interdependent society.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1001774 Oct 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and Reid have no other goal than to spite Republicans.
The problem with spite is that it usually comes back to bite you on the butt instead. The polls are beginning to show it.
Yes Carol, the polls are showing who the American people are blaming for the shutdown . The latest NBC News/ Wall Street journal poll shows;
--Only 24% of Americans had a favorable view of Republicans, the lowest figure in the poll’s multi-year history and four percentage points lower than last month. Another low: only 21% had a favorable view of the tea party.
--President Obama’s standing was relatively stable, the pollsters said, moving from 45% favorable last month to 47% now, within the poll’s margin of error of 3.5 points. Democrats overall were at 39% positive, with congressional Democrats at 36%.
--70% of Americans said Republicans were putting politics ahead of what was best for the country. A lesser 51% said that about Obama.
The extreme right wing is taking its toll on the once proud GOP.
So who's getting bitten in the butt Carol?
Obamas Gay Lovein Chicago

Tucker, GA

#1001775 Oct 12, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Carol, the polls are showing who the American people are blaming for the shutdown . The latest NBC News/ Wall Street journal poll shows;
--Only 24% of Americans had a favorable view of Republicans, the lowest figure in the poll’s multi-year history and four percentage points lower than last month. Another low: only 21% had a favorable view of the tea party.
--President Obama’s standing was relatively stable, the pollsters said, moving from 45% favorable last month to 47% now, within the poll’s margin of error of 3.5 points. Democrats overall were at 39% positive, with congressional Democrats at 36%.
--70% of Americans said Republicans were putting politics ahead of what was best for the country. A lesser 51% said that about Obama.
The extreme right wing is taking its toll on the once proud GOP.
So who's getting bitten in the butt Carol?
Why don't you leave her alone pervert!You are an Obama staulker fruitloop!

You are a failure in life!Your HERO is a failure!Obama is a criminal!

Your Obama lover's buddy Rahm Emanuel's State is in chaos!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1001776 Oct 12, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Carol, the polls are showing who the American people are blaming for the shutdown . The latest NBC News/ Wall Street journal poll shows;
--Only 24% of Americans had a favorable view of Republicans, the lowest figure in the poll’s multi-year history and four percentage points lower than last month. Another low: only 21% had a favorable view of the tea party.
--President Obama’s standing was relatively stable, the pollsters said, moving from 45% favorable last month to 47% now, within the poll’s margin of error of 3.5 points. Democrats overall were at 39% positive, with congressional Democrats at 36%.
--70% of Americans said Republicans were putting politics ahead of what was best for the country. A lesser 51% said that about Obama.
The extreme right wing is taking its toll on the once proud GOP.
So who's getting bitten in the butt Carol?
Another interesting poll cited on National News last night said Obamacare had a favorable rating of 31% a week ago and it went up to 38% this week. This figure will continue to climb as the bugs are worked out and the America sees through the lies from frightened Republican obstructionists.
LIE AFTER LIE

Louisburg, NC

#1001777 Oct 12, 2013


"Words Matter" Obama Lies Documented (in his own words)

YOU PEOPLE THAT HAVE ACCEPT OBAMA AS YOUR LORD WILL
BE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT WILL ACCEPT THE ATICHRIST!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1001778 Oct 12, 2013
Mile wrote:
No matter if you're left, right, blue or red. The simple truth is enormous controlling Governments = less freedoms and an interdependent society.
Ross Perot said it best, "every time THEY pass a law YOU lose a little more freedom."

Problem is that we hire (elect) these folks to legislate and would be disappointed if they didn't, so we get poorly conceived, nebulous and repetitive laws at every level of government.

"If we can save but one child"
LIE AFTER LIE

Louisburg, NC

#1001779 Oct 12, 2013


Illuminati Obama 666 Antichrist End Times

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1001780 Oct 12, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"emeen"
You are dense. Why no alternative offered vs. nobamakare? Look at the polls, a solid majority of American's do not want the government interfering in their lives and telling them they must purchase a product. They take care of themselves.
Peace
KMA
You claim that Americans don't want affordable health care because they don't want the government interfering in their lives. That ranks up there in the top ten dumbest things ever said here.
Peace
SMD
LIE AFTER LIE

Louisburg, NC

#1001781 Oct 12, 2013
The most dangerous Barack Obama video ever!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Truth is might 311,354
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 min IB DaMann 9,876
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr hpcaban 255,520
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 27 Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web