Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250160 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001209 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dems are one point from matching their all time low.
No it isn't working. People will still hate Obamacare.
That maximum pain is causing embarrassment to their party.
Yet it's the Repugnants preparing their unconditional surrendered.

Do you ever think before you post??

Too bad vaginas don't have brains. Or eyes.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001210 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lois the babykiller.
Well, actually, I used Obama's "baby" as metaphor for Obamacare.

Probably went over your head.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1001211 Oct 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>She has the indignation to post facts, fiction and opinions all at the same time without distinction.
Only when challenged might she come clean.
It's funny to watch!
Really? You watch? The rest of us here read the posts.

You really are an idiot.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1001212 Oct 11, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am absolutely positive that is true of the many you munch in your cell block.....
Whether female or male, Nuc doesn't like women very much if he/she really believes what he is posting.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001213 Oct 11, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Any ashole can "talk" about it, where's the "do"?
anyway ...
"Libertarians believe you should be able to opt out of Social Security and invest your money in your own personal retirement account. An account that you own and control - one that politicians can't get their hands on.
Republicans and Democrats say it can't be done - that your Social Security taxes are needed to pay benefits to today's retirees. Instead of letting you invest in your own future, they want you to have faith that someone else will pay your benefits when it comes time for you to retire.
Although most won't admit it publicly, their "solutions" to the Social Security crises all come down to some combination of tax increases and benefit cuts.
Libertarians know that there's a better way.
Countries like Chile, Mexico, Britain, and Australia have successfully made the transition from their failed Social Security systems to healthy systems based on individual retirement accounts. In Chile, over 90% of workers have opted out of the government-run system. It's time America did as well.
The federal government owns assets worth trillions of dollars - assets that it simply doesn't need to perform its Constitutional functions. By selling those assets over time, we can keep the promises that were made to today's retirees, and to those nearing retirement, while freeing the rest of America from a failed Social Security system.
Libertarians will introduce and support legislation to give you that choice, and put you in control of your own retirement future."
http://www.lp.org/issues/social-security
Galt agrees that one should be able to opt out of Social Security and invest money in a personal retirement account. George Bush tried to head in this direction but was beaten down.

The problem is...how do you tell people that the benefits they were promised were never funded?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001214 Oct 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
How many people remember the Democrats spewing obvious lies when they vehemently objected to the obvious conclusion that there will be rationing and death panels?
Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. AGE 76, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY CANCER TREATMENTS.
The movie "Logan's Run" comes to mind.
Page 272....

1 (2) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendment made
2 by paragraph (1) shall to reporting for years begin-
3 ning with 2012.
4 SEC. 1145. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS.
5 Section 1833(t) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C.
6 1395l(t)) is amended by adding at the end the following
7 new paragraph:
8 ‘‘(18) AUTHORIZATION OF ADJUSTMENT FOR
9 CANCER HOSPITALS.—
10 ‘‘(A) STUDY.—The Secretary shall conduct
11 a study to determine if, under the system under
12 this subsection, costs incurred by hospitals de-
13 scribed in section 1886(d)(1)(B)(v) with respect
14 to ambulatory payment classification groups ex-
15 ceed those costs incurred by other hospitals fur-
16 nishing services under this subsection (as deter-
17 mined appropriate by the Secretary).
18 ‘‘(B) AUTHORIZATION OF ADJUSTMENT.—
19 Insofar as the Secretary determines under sub-
20 paragraph (A) that costs incurred by hospitals
21 described in section 1886(d)(1)(B)(v) exceed
22 those costs incurred by other hospitals fur-
23 nishing services under this subsection, the Sec-
24 retary shall provide for an appropriate adjust-
25 ment under paragraph (2)(E) to reflect those..,

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3200i...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1001215 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I actually agree 100%(for the first time, might I add)with this comment. We in Arizona will HAPPILY take Texas (and any other Red State). I have LONG thought the two coasts should align in their own separate entity.
I honestly believe this will come to fruition gradually over the next couple of decades......
Definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1001216 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You believe that bull?
CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR, HOST: But what is going to happen? I mean, are you clear on where a compromise is going to be? It's got to be discussed before the end of the year, no?

PAUL KRUGMAN: No. Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes. It's going to be that we're actually going to take Medicare under control, and we're going to have to get some additional revenue, probably from a VAT.

++++++++++

So, you're calling Krugman a liar?

Paul Krugman - Ivy educated liberal, Nobel Memorial winner in economics - doesn't know what he's talking about?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1001217 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
The 8 Craziest Things Ted Cruz has said:
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/10/11/2...
1. On Obama’s plot to kidnap him:“So this afternoon President Obama has invited the Senate Republicans to the White House. So after leaving here, I’m going to be going to the White House. I will make a request. if I’m never seen again, please send a search and rescue team. I very much hope by tomorrow morning I don’t wake up amidst the Syrian rebels.”

Now, this is funny coming from someone in the Senate. It's like having Will Rodgers there.

2. On the press:“The media wants America to give up and allow this country to keep sliding off the edge of the cliff.”

Sounds accurate to me.

3. On the Constitution:“This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.”

Sounds accurate to me.

4. On the hecklers who interrupted his speech:“Is anybody left at OFA headquarters? I’m actually glad that the president’s whole political staff is here instead of actually doing mischief in the country

Funny, but has a basis in truth, like all comedy.

7. On the Cold War:“Our foreign policy is detente, which I’m pretty sure is French for surrender.”

I'm pretty sure Ted Cruz wasn't in the Senate when the Cold War ended in 1989.

8. On Vice President Biden:“You don’t need a punchline. You just say his name, people laugh.”

True.

http://thinkprogress.org/

So-called "progressive" site, promotes the most regressive ideologies that have ever existed.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1001218 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You believe that bull? Why don't you actually READ the act instead of posting lies from 2009? I actually thought you were smarter than that.
What rock do you live under?

"Canada has been able to develop a fairly successful system of healthcare rationing by balancing the conflicting concerns of equal access and cost efficiency, federal funding and provincial control, and public sector management and private sector provision. Financial constraints limit the kinds of services included within the notion of equal access, however, forcing healthcare providers to make difficult choices about who will receive a particular healthcare service."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10139963

DOH!

I forgot! You are a zombie that believes Obama, Democrats & the Ministry of Propaganda (liberal news media).

OK Democrat, you can go back to watching your cartoons now.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1001220 Oct 11, 2013
APNewsBreak: Gen in charge of ICBMs to be fired

The Air Force said Friday it fired the two-star general from command of its nuclear missiles in response to an investigation into alleged personal misbehavior. It was the second sacking this week of a senior commander of nuclear forces.

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-gen-charge-...

Hmmm any comments

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1001221 Oct 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama is going down in flames--you are correct the conservatives and the republicans should not be negotiating. When the contributing members of the Republican party head for the finish line, the old-guard Republicans are lined up near the finish line trying to trip them. They should be trying to trip O'bama and pray he will not get up.
The TEA Party will continually be opposed by RINOs because the RINOs don't want to cede the power of controlling the party. They will always be opposed by Democrats because they are capitalist constitutionalists and not Marxist communists.

The confrontations will continue until the RINOs finally join the party they actually belong to.

Location hidden

#1001222 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop acting like the Dem's being women's benevolent daddy over our lady parts is what we want!
Maybe your wife wants this, but many women find it creepy.
that explains why Obama won the women's vote by double digits!!

You're 20 years past needing BC, so of course it's not important to you!!

But to women of childbeasring age, it is very important.

That's why yo're on the losing side. Silly vagina!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1001223 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Hahaha... Yeah, that one was too good to be true. As I said before, I'd actually LOVE to have a big chunk of hashish to ease the aching pain of my athletic joint injuries with one breath at night time. A helluva lot better and easier on the bod than the opiates docs will prescribe....
i'm 59, bad hips, knee, foot, shoulder. still playing basketball.

you figure it out.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001224 Oct 11, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its my hope (and new poll numbers are very encouraging) is that this most recent nonsense will kill the Republican Party. The party is non-functional in its factionalism. The next three biggest organized and balloted parties are, in descending order: the Libertarian Party, Green Party, and the Constitution Party. The Libertarian Party speaks for itself, the Constitution Party is for all the Jesus Nazis, old school republicans would probably split between the two. Those two parties can caucus against the Democrats. I hope too that the Green Party will pull members away from the Democratic Party once the Republican Party is no longer the threat that binds the two now. Environmentalists and hippies are as disgusted with the Ds as Libertarians are with the Rs.
Then we might have a representative government that would be necessarily smaller because only shared purposes would make their way into law. For instance: the Constitution Party won't be able to ban abortion because that's not on any of the other parties' agenda meanwhile the Ds wouldn't be able to do something like expand welfare because that's not on any other parties' agenda either. But, the Green, Libertarian and D parties could all caucus against the Constitution Party to reduce military spending and overseas occupation.
Perfect!
If massive numbers of Republicans move to the Libertarian Party, they will take over the party and make it adhere to its platform.

2.4 Government Finance and Spending

All persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. We call for the repeal of the income tax, the abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We oppose any legal requirements forcing employers to serve as tax collectors. Government should not incur debt, which burdens future generations without their consent. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1001225 Oct 11, 2013
"So in almost two weeks a overwhelming 51,000 people have signed up for Obamacare. Good Grief! What a disaster!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001226 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, Lily. The challenge to post the craziest things this president has said is hard to pass up. But there's so many, there isn't enough room to post them all without taking up a few pages.
I can't believe I agree with Billo:

Bill O'Reilly: Republicans Will Lose In 2014, 2016 If They Don't 'Solve Problems'(VIDEO)

Posted: 10/11/2013 9:19 am EDT | Updated: 10/11/2013 9:29 am EDT

"The Republican Party finds itself in trouble -- big trouble. Obamacare is not going to be defunded, and the GOP will have to make a deal with the president. And you know who's most happy about this? Hillary Clinton, that's who. Hard-right Americans should understand that Democrats will win next year's midterm elections and the presidency of 2016 if the Republican party does not begin to solve problems
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1001227 Oct 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah sure you do__Jim DeMint would be very impressed with your understanding of current events.
*rolls eyes*

Location hidden

#1001228 Oct 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicaid is a welfare program. It's not for people who work their entire lives.
How long have you been on Medicaid??

Do they cover therapy for imagining ghosts are talking to you in your TV?? Or are you too batshyt crazy for that??

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1001229 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol waved the White Flag.
She lost on her stupid commie insults.
She's still living in th e1950's Joe McCarthy era.
According to these hateful racists, the reds are everywhere!! Led by our first black President!!
Except they're not.
And Carol's lies aren't working, so;
"The subject is closed"
In case you've been in a coma the past 4 years or so, they're in the White House.

And, yes, Vallerie Jarrett is our first black president. She's also our first female president.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 2 min Whatajoke 1,620
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min thetruth 242,996
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 30 min litesong 6,204
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr KeS 201,822
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) 4 hr Fart Mower 20
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr tom wingo 29,828
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Sun tom wingo 5
More from around the web