Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1442156 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Honolulu, HI

#1001135 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The party is, in fact, going through a morphing phase. Newer and younger fearless and plain-speaking voices are emerging. Like a butterfly from its cocoon - a beautiful sight.
The party also learned a valuable lesion after 2012 that won't happen again. Never assume the masses are using common sense and paying attention - but take the message directly to them.
And create a massive "get the vote out" grassroots movement to make sure these people get to the polls. We actually learned that from the Democrats in 2012.
More like party hijacking terrorists who can't stand on their own two feet.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1001136 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We know now we were wrong. Harry Reid is the power behind the throne. Our bad.
There are now only two factions controlling the Democratic Party. Harry Reid represents the institutional political machine, and Vallerie Jarrett represents the indoctrinated anti-American faction - communists allied with any other enemy of the United States. The institutional political machine represented by Harry Reid doesn't care that the faction they acquiesce to is intent on destroying what Americans think the US still is. They have an arrangement where they will share power in the resultant government after the constitutional government is eliminated.
The truth is, Marxist do not share power, and they will eliminate the institutional political machine at the first opportunity. The institutional machine isn't about ideologue. It's only about power, and the politicians. The Marxists are insane ideologues.

As long as the American population is kept ignorant, we will continually be in this cycle of being in a conflict about things that don't even exist, like this "government shut down" hoax.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001137 Oct 11, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I said I do not care nor do I want to read any of his writings or hear about his ideas.
Well nevermind about Alinsky - even though Hillary Clinton DID write her thesis on him.

Because I know you and "USSR"1680 or something and sonic and LCN would have defended Republicans to the teeth just like you're doing with the Democrats if Republicans had written their own version of health care reform and passed it behind closed doors using bribes by the Republican House Minority leader and the Republican Senate Majority leader because it was the "democratic process" in action.

And I know you would not expect Democrats to want to change even one or two things in it and be submissive when Republicans refused to negotiate with them even if they represented the other half of the country and their best interests too.

So the subject is closed.

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001138 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Republican. Cut and run when presented with the facts. I'm not angry. I'm enjoying watching you squirm your way out of the holes you did for yourself.
I am living rent free in your head.

Honolulu, HI

#1001139 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You really don't know this?
The Reps have been attempting to repeal and create a new bi-partisan committee. All attempts have been blocked by the Dems who refuse to admit their (Dem only) law is an unworkable mess.

"Refusing to post links to back up your claims contrary to history is not an argument -it is waving the white flag." - whatever
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1001140 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Hostage-Takers Call Comparisons to Tea Party “Hurtful”
Posted by Andy Borowitz
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A group representing America’s hostage-takers today blasted President Obama for his repeated comparisons between them and the Tea Party Republicans, calling his remarks “degrading and hurtful.”
The complaint came from the National Alliance of Hostage-Takers and Blackmailers, a watchdog group that monitors negative images of extortionists in the media.
“As professional hostage-takers, we never take hostages unless we have a well-thought-out plan, realistic demands, and a clear exit strategy,” read the group’s official statement.“Any comparison between what we do and these inane Tea Party antics are derogatory and unacceptable.”
The statement continued,“For years, our members have been subjected to offensive Hollywood stereotypes of hostage-takers as crazed madmen, cackling evildoers, and worse. The President’s hurtful remarks only reinforce those negative images.”
Later in the day, White House press spokesman Jay Carney offered an apology to the group:“As you can imagine, in the heat of a crisis we often say things we don’t mean. The President regrets any hurt his remarks may have caused.”
Mr. Carney said that in order to avoid offending other groups in the future, the President would resist the temptation to call the Tea Party Republicans terrorists, lunatics, or babies
lLeftwing ghetto terrorists, lunatics, orlosers??

Leftwing Domestic Terrorist anyone??

Why is it that none of you disturbed and hate-filled demokRATS, who take or steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and CHILDREN in schools or Parks, has never been identified as a conservative, Tea Party, independent or a NRA member??

University of Alabama ~~~ Amy Bishop mass murderer, sociopath, registered demokRAT, leftist terrorist, obama derangement syndrome.

Oklahoma City Bombing ~~~ Timothy McVeigh Leftwing Atheist-demokRAT-Father Bill McVeigh family of demokRATS, United Auto Workers, Union man, mass killer claimed 168 lives and injured more than 680 people. Payback for Janet Reno's and Clinton's response to the terrorist attack conducted at Waco, TX.

Ft. Hood ~~~ Nidal Malik Hasan Registered demokRAT ~ Muslim Domestic Terrorist

Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families Dylan Klebold's and Eric Harris' parents were registered demokRATS and progressive liberals

Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered demokRAT Domestic Terroist

Colorado Theater ~~~ James Holmes Registered demokRAT; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; liberal Domestic Terroist

Connecticut School Shooter ~~~ Adam Lanza Registered demokRAT; hated Christians; nuculur liberal Domestic Terroist

Gabrielle Giffords ~~~ Jared Loughner Registered demokRAT extremist; Deranged liberal Domestic Terroist

George Zimmerman ~~~ Another deranged gun toting demokRAT...

Chris Jordan Dorner ~~~ registered DemokRAT, Negroe deranged Obama Supporter, Ex-Cop, Ex-Naval Intelligence Officer, Cold Blooded Killer Domestic Terroist

Aaron Alexis ~~~ DC Navy Yard mass murderer, Negroe, Registered demokRAT, deranged Obama Supporter, created a webpage with the name “Mohammed Salem, E.L.F. weapon....... Domestic Terroist

Common thread - all above 11 idiots are Terrorist demokRATS

Obama: If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun! Domestic Terrorists anyone??

It's the culture...

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001141 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're not.
That's exactly what you are. An unreasonable, moody, prone to meltdowns, stinky one.
How is being an angry misogynist working out for you?

Honolulu, HI

#1001142 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dems are doing a good job of assisting the Reps.
In order to retake the House Dems need a certain number of Reps to vote for a Dem in heavy republican areas.
Calling people terrorist, extremist, etc ensures those votes won't come
I agree. It doesn't help.

Those cons just need to keep doing what they're doing.

Honolulu, HI

#1001143 Oct 11, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of these "disturbed old fks" would appreciate the irony involved in their fighting and dying specifically so you'd keep the right to disparage and mock them.
How about that church son? What rights do the victims have?

United States

#1001144 Oct 11, 2013
Obama/Reid tried to use the Sequester to apply as much Pain to the American People it failed because nearly 75% of Americans Say Sequester Hasn't Impacted Them!!
So now they moved on to Round Two ‘Shutdown’ their tactic is Clear to maximize the Pain, break the Backs of those whom refuse to Bow at the Altar of Government… It Will Fail!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001145 Oct 11, 2013
The 8 Craziest Things Ted Cruz has said:

1. On Obama’s plot to kidnap him:“So this afternoon President Obama has invited the Senate Republicans to the White House. So after leaving here, I’m going to be going to the White House. I will make a request. if I’m never seen again, please send a search and rescue team. I very much hope by tomorrow morning I don’t wake up amidst the Syrian rebels.”

2. On the press:“The media wants America to give up and allow this country to keep sliding off the edge of the cliff.”

3. On the Constitution:“This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.”

4. On the hecklers who interrupted his speech:“Is anybody left at OFA headquarters? I’m actually glad that the president’s whole political staff is here instead of actually doing mischief in the country

5. On hecklers, again:“It would seem that President Obama’s paid political operatives are out in force. The men and women in this room scare the living daylights out of them.”

6. On hecklers, a third time:“How scared is the President? What a statement of fear, what a statement of fear. Oh, they don’t want the truth to be heard. They definitely don’t want the truth to be heard.”

7. On the Cold War:“Our foreign policy is detente, which I’m pretty sure is French for surrender.”

8. On Vice President Biden:“You don’t need a punchline. You just say his name, people laugh.”

Tony Perkins, who leads the organization behind the Value Voters Summit, called Cruz “a de facto leader of the Republican Party” who was “filling a vacuum” at the top of the party. According to an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday night, 44 percent of Americans don’t know who Ted Cruz. Among Americans that do, twice as many have unfavorable impressions of the Senator as have favorable ones.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1001146 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're not.
That's exactly what you are. An unreasonable, moody, prone to meltdowns, stinky one.
Look who's talking. You life is one big meltdown. Every time you come here it's one hyperactive spazcase display, nutsack.

Indianapolis, IN

#1001147 Oct 11, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey injun joe, I noticed a change in you recently. Are you getting a bit looney now that your online weed outlet "the silk road" has been shut down by the feds (you can thank baruck for that)? What are you doing to score your stash, having your negro friends bring it in?
my conservative son-in-law was crying about Silk Road being shutdown.

he just thought it was cool that someone was giving the Government the middle finger.

as for my proclivities as to recreational drugs....i've never inhaled.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001148 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably time to put down the bong before you become delirious.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001149 Oct 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you threaten to find my post and show us what I wrote, dumbass? Did you find it and discover you're an idiot?

Polling the ignorant doesn't have much significance. For instance, almost all the people polled thinks there's some kind of government shut down being negotiated. That's complete ignorance. There is no government shut down. It's a hoax. 87 percent of the government is unaffected. That's all the government we need, and still more government than we can pay for. We need to cut even more than that 13 percent.
You really think I'd let you off so easy?? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Not on your life, you commie scum. I'l let you twist in the wind for awhile. Ask Gunner how I did it to him.

It's obvious you talked aboout the ghosts, because now you're backpeddling like a desperate fool. Too bad your Honda Rebel has no reverse!!

You keep denying what you said about talking to ghosts in your TV, and I'll keep reminding you of what you said.

I've got the post, and you know it. That's your problem. Your diaherrea of the mouth causes you to type all sorts of ignorance without thinking about it.

No Gov't shutdown?? Alow me to prove what a filthy liar you are.

""Government shutdown hits military towns hard""

Fayetteville, N.C., is one such community, heavily dependent on Ft. Bragg. The news that many civilian defense employees will return to work helps ease the pain.

""AYETTEVILLE, N.C.— First, Robert Randles got "riffed" — removed from his building inspector job at Ft. Bragg as part of the military's "reduction in force."

Next, he got "sequestered" — forced to take an unpaid day off every week for six weeks this summer from his new job as an electrician at the Army base.

Then, this month, Randles, a 50-year-old Army veteran, became a victim of the government shutdown. Along with 7,250 other civilian government workers at Ft. Bragg, he was furloughed.

The shutdown sent shock waves through Fayetteville, a tough, vibrant military town that for decades has enjoyed a symbiotic relationship with the sprawling military reservation on its shoulder. When asked where they're from, many Ft. Bragg soldiers born and raised elsewhere reply, "Fayetteville."

Fayetteville would still be a sleepy Southern hamlet without Ft. Bragg and the Army's adjacent Pope Field. The city's identity is inextricably bound with the military, from the gun stores and strip clubs along Bragg Boulevard to the "Iron Mike" paratrooper statue at the entrance to the city's revitalized downtown.""

go tell your stupidity to the military at Ft. Bragg.

Make sure th eHonda Rebel is running and in gear, so's you can make your escape before the soldiers rip you to shreds.

Tell us more of your "Sarge" lies!! I notice you haven't tried the military lies since Ghost made a fool out of you for your ignorance about Vietnam1!

Honolulu, HI

#1001150 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Blue Dog Dem didn't bother to run after this debacle.
The bill was written by a bunch of special interests groups including AARP, unions, some insurance providers, etc. It was a big candy store where every interest group attempted to be the winners while their competitors would be losers.
It comes as no surprise to me that it cannot be implemented as written.

"Refusing to post links to back up your claims contrary to history is not an argument -it is waving the white flag." - whatever

Indianapolis, IN

#1001151 Oct 11, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwingers do not see to care much for the female sex organs except to control them, they do however seem to be completely fascinated with the penis.
Just an observation.
Homer 2016 - "I call it as I see it!"
yes you do.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1001152 Oct 11, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I could see definitely see this happening and it may not be such a bad thing. Think of it like a 'irreconcilable differences'(hold on definition below), why not go our separate ways to some degree or maybe have groups of states form their own countries? We could still work together economically, politically, use the same currency, etc., form our own 'European Union" if you will.
Irreconcilable Differences
The existence of significant differences between a married couple that are so great and beyond resolution as to make the marriage unworkable, and for which the law permits a Divorce.
Homer 2016 - "I want a divorce from Texas"
I actually agree 100%(for the first time, might I add)with this comment. We in Arizona will HAPPILY take Texas (and any other Red State). I have LONG thought the two coasts should align in their own separate entity.

I honestly believe this will come to fruition gradually over the next couple of decades......

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1001153 Oct 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're the people who support the ruskies over Americans son.
So calling others 'comrade' is natural to you.
And as for Alinsky, you people rewrote the book and improved on it!
So take a bow!
Carol has the new teabagger version of the Bible that says if you help thy neighbor you're a commie.
Unless of course, the neighbor you're helping is still a clump of cells in the womb, then you're doing God's work.

Indianapolis, IN

#1001154 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is with your fixation with female body parts.
I am a female and I am getting totally creeped out with the Dem vagina crusade.
I am not a BODY PART that I need Dems to act like big daddy to. Free abortion, free birth control is all the Dems appear to think I need in life.
well no wonder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr tellinitlikeitis 32,452
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Patriot 10,251
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 5 hr Go Blue Forever 28
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 257,347
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr ThomasA 312,191
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Oct 22 kirbyjames16 201,886
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Oct 21 Ceren 11
More from around the web