Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405625 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#1000674 Oct 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
"You've got to get the socialized medicine as the foundation because it gives you control of the people. Once you get control of the people, you can do what you want."
~Dr. Ben Carson
You can never do what you want.
Albuquerque flies balloons with people
in a basket and for what?
The weather is bad and a balloon went in
to a power line. A man is electrocuted
and a "doctor" cut off his arm?
Doctors are to help people get well.
Where is his arm? It has to heal.
Who has any sense?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1000675 Oct 10, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how I see it:
If you don't accept biology, geology or archeology you don't accept science. Its an all or nothing proposition. Therefore, you need to eschew cable TV, the internet, antibiotics, and defibrillators.
Now go die you moronic evangelical "christians" and get the fck out of MY government!
Looks like someone (Tenzing) needs a colon cleansing...!!!!!!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000677 Oct 10, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiight idiot, my life is only as precious as I make it; not the random product of biological processes like you (which I picture as a sort of Petri dish composition).
If it's ghetto, illiterate, and loser... It's Detzing, bent over, and punked by Petri dish..

LMFAO... You ignorant idiot...

It's the culture...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1000678 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone... See a pattern of Domestic Terrorism hating on Jews and evangelicals you Muslim??
It's the culture...
I'm quite flattered that you keep a file of my posts but you really shouldn't bother. I mean really ... I regard you as one regards a carbuncle on their dick and its just awkward you fawning over my prose like that. I simply can't reciprocate, you're an unfathomable moron and I'm not a complete idiot ... the math just doesn't work so please, stop humping my leg before you stain my pants.

Thank you.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000679 Oct 10, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I'll tell ya, that "Seymour" sure is an objective, middle-of-the-road guy, huh? Wow.
My guess is "Nuculur" on a proxy.
Hmmm, perhaps. But, several here have similar personalities or maybe they are just socks.

But, Nuc does have the pot calling the kettle black lack of self awareness.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1000680 Oct 10, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Better go change yer tampon 'fore you faint.
Looks like it is time for Tenzing's coffee enema!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000681 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hate filled right wing posts.
and that's nothing new.
sonicmoron who makes a claim, then can't back it up! Talk about looking stupid and working hard to prove it... LMFAO... that's idiot!

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1000682 Oct 10, 2013
Seymour wrote:
Waxman,
Again, do you folks ever change the channel from Fox News, Limbaugh and Beck? Are you afraid that your brain is too small to listen to more than one side of a issue? Was it F. S. Fitztgerald that said the mark of a smart person is the ability to hold two opposing views in his mind at the same time?(I paraphrased in simple words that you could understand).
Yours is a severe misnomer. It should be Seyless.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1000683 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article.
i have. hours ago on a site that breaks news as it happens.

my take....post 9/11 and Iraq overreaction. from the CPJ....

"...its assertion through prosecution that leaking classified documents to the press is espionage or aiding the enemy"

http://www.cpj.org/reports/2013/10/obama-and-...

why the overreaction?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...

so maybe overreaction is too strong a term.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000684 Oct 10, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Anyone remember this Roundtable discussion on ABC's "This Week," from 2010?
CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR, HOST: But what is going to happen? I mean, are you clear on where a compromise is going to be? It's got to be discussed before the end of the year, no?
PAUL KRUGMAN: No. Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes. It's going to be that we're actually going to take Medicare under control, and we're going to have to get some additional revenue, probably from a VAT.
Paul Krugman is a sad case of making one brilliant prediction than becoming a total failure forward.

I find it amusing that just two years after the Left vapors about death panels here is their idol economical figure head calling for the same.

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#1000685 Oct 10, 2013
Just 28 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the Republican Party, down 10 percentage points from last month, according to a Gallup poll. The polling firm called it a "record low," noting that "this is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992."

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1000686 Oct 10, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how I see it:
If you don't accept biology, geology or archeology you don't accept science. Its an all or nothing proposition. Therefore, you need to eschew cable TV, the internet, antibiotics, and defibrillators.
Now go die you moronic evangelical "christians" and get the fck out of MY government!
So you and the wife are back together for the 3rd time. BTW, the world doesn't give a sht how you see things.

Now, since you're such a libertarian, please attack these idiot dems for curtailing freedom of speech. Also, please repeat after me

"Libertarian Party calls for permanent government spending slowdown, defunding Obamacare"

Say it 3 times!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000688 Oct 10, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite flattered that you keep a file of my posts but you really shouldn't bother. I mean really ... I regard you as one regards a carbuncle on their dick and its just awkward you fawning over my prose like that. I simply can't reciprocate, you're an unfathomable moron and I'm not a complete idiot ... the math just doesn't work so please, stop humping my leg before you stain my pants.
Thank you.
Don't be. If someone repeats something often enough, it is remembered.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1000689 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You, USA and Seymour are all paranoid about Fox News-interesting.
You should know what social media is but here is Wikipedia's definition of it
"Social media technologies take on many different forms including magazines, Internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, microblogging, wikis, social networks, podcasts, photographs or pictures, video, rating and social bookmarking. Technologies include: blogs, picture-sharing, vlogs, wall-postings, music-sharing, crowdsourcing and voice over IP, to name a few. Many of these services can be integrated via social network aggregation platforms. By applying a set of theories in the field of media research (social presence, media richness) and social processes (self-presentation, self-disclosure) Kaplan and Haenlein created a classification scheme in their Business Horizons (2010) article, with six different types of social media: collaborative projects (for example, Wikipedia), blogs and microblogs (for example, Twitter), content communities (for example, YouTube and DailyMotion), social networking sites (for example, Facebook), virtual game worlds (e.g., World of Warcraft), and virtual social worlds (e.g. Second Life)."
Those sites I used as examples fall into the blog area. None of the ones I listed can in any stretch of the imagination be called news sites. In fact most of them are partisan charities.
lol

TPM....

“HuffPo and [Talking Points Memo] really are the assignment editors for many in the Washington press corps — particularly the cables,” said Brian Rogers, who was a spokesman for Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/228...

when you're the first to break major stories coming out of DC it does earn some respect, and TPM beats every site on the net when it comes to putting it out there first. not even the partisan charity FOX News comes close to doing the same.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000690 Oct 10, 2013
Obama's continued government shutdown proves just how brown shirt the USA has become since comrade obama, denying people freedom, controlling peoples lives, and denying people their rights..

By executive order anything is possible, perhaps obama will sign one and impeach himself??

Tear down this Wall Comrade obama...

When the Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

It's the culture...
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#1000691 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Obama killed the extension.
Back to square one.
What leg do you republicans really have to stand on? Y'all keep talking about these polls. Which is a better measuring stick, you quoting polls or, the majority of legal voting Americans voting forObama, knowing all about the bill. Here's a situation where commonsense trumps logic!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1000692 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>sonicmoron who makes a claim, then can't back it up! Talk about looking stupid and working hard to prove it... LMFAO... that's idiot!
It's the culture...
don't see you even trying to back anything. not that anyone cares anyway. you're just another nutjob in the crowd.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1000693 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
Truckers Ride for the Constitution October 11 - Take to Beltway in protest...
See Facebook Truckers Ride For The Constitution 97,688 likes · 105,135 talking about this..
https://www.facebook.com/ridefortheconstituti...
The longer the government stays shutdown, more the blame falls on our fearless leader and chief obama...
Tear down this Wall Comrade obama...
Go Truckers!!... Go Middle Clas!!... Go Bikers!!...
It's the culture...
hoax spam.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000694 Oct 10, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
Just 28 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the Republican Party, down 10 percentage points from last month, according to a Gallup poll. The polling firm called it a "record low," noting that "this is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992."
When are you going to get a life?

Drop Dead American... Still spending every waking moment bent over and punked by a "FOX NEWS" avatar, him blaming others because he's the idiot, you with a redundant nonsense avatar on this meaningless pathetic blog. You a pathetic loser..

It's the culture..
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000695 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i have. hours ago on a site that breaks news as it happens.
my take....post 9/11 and Iraq overreaction. from the CPJ....
"...its assertion through prosecution that leaking classified documents to the press is espionage or aiding the enemy"
http://www.cpj.org/reports/2013/10/obama-and-...
why the overreaction?
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
so maybe overreaction is too strong a term.
Sonic, you are using a partisan Left site whose only purpose is to do hatchet jobs on the main stream press as your source? The very sites referenced by the CJI

Yeah, that is something anyone should embrace as credible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min IB DaMann 256,094
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web