Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1747019 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1001087 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all we can do! Grassroots effort! Get out the vote! Just who are all these new voters?
Homer 2016 - "I could use your vote"
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1001088 Oct 11, 2013
One Man's Obamawreck Nightmare

"I live in New Jersey, but work for a small company based out of Massachusetts. For years, we were all insured through the company from a plan that originated in Massachusetts. However, as soon as Obamacare was passed, we were "audited" by the insurance company, and it turns out only 50 percent of our company is based in Massachusetts, and therefore we did not qualify as a company under the law. Apparently, you need 51 percent based in the state. About five days prior to our insurance policy renewal, we were told we could not (renew), and I had to scramble to purchase a much more expensive individual policy with much higher costs.

"Fast-forward two years. I now receive a new letter from my insurance company, Horizon Blue Cross,(informing me) that the plan that I have now is being discontinued and I need to pick a new plan.

"On Oct. 1, I tried to get into the exchange for New Jersey that is run by the federal government. I earn too much for a subsidy, but I wanted to see what my options were and how much more this was going to cost.

"I created an account and tried for four days to get in. Each time it said my password was invalid. I tried to use the "forgot password" option so they could send me a link to reset. When I got the link, the system kept saying that it didn't recognize my user account. When I tried to re-create the user account, it told me that one already existed. I called the number several times, and they all told me the same thing: Try back later. The glitches are being worked out.

"I (then) created a new account under (my wife's) name. After several attempts, I was able to get in. Over the weekend, I spent at least four hours trying to fill out the application. Each time, the website crashed. When I got back to work on Monday, I tried one more time. Lo and behold, the application was submitted. At this point, President Obama must be thinking 'great, a success story.'

"Well, my options came back, and voila: According to the government, I'm not eligible for any private plans. I received a notice that my entire family is only eligible for Medicaid! I make a decent salary. I'm not eligible for a subsidy, let alone Medicaid.

"This morning my wife received a call. Apparently, it was the exchange. She explained to them that we are not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid. The person on the phone told her, "That is what the system says you are eligible for. If you want, you can file an appeal."

"So now back to a change in plans. I currently have a Point of Service that covers benefits 70 percent after a large deductible, with somewhat large co-pays for doctors. Horizon Blue Cross does offer a similar plan (to the one being canceled) for about the same, but the problem is that my children's pediatricians are not in it (so much for keeping your doctors).

"The only plans that the doctors take involve a 40 percent deductible with higher co-pays. So now I have fewer options and not more. There is another new company offering coverage where I am, but it has zero out-of-network benefits and a smaller network. Either way, everything is changing for me with higher costs.

The whole process is a joke. The automatons who know nothing are just collecting a government check and getting health care paid for by me with my tax dollars, when I cannot even get my own."

In sum: Obama lied.
His health plan died.

In many cases you can't keep your doctors.

You can't sign up in 10 minutes for health care.

You're being steered toward a government plan you don't qualify for or want.

And you can't get your personal information back from the online Obamawreck black hole.

1-800-T-O-T-A-L-F-A-I-L.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1001089 Oct 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
seeing as how the Republicans have had the belligerence slapped out of them...
Nope. I don't think it's reached that level yet.
They need more disciplining...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001090 Oct 11, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>More lies. The only time I have ever seen that name or heard of him is from this thread.
Really?

This book is used by community organizers.

The title of book is "Rules for Revolution"

Here is one of his key statements-

"The issue is never the issue. The issue is always about the Revolution"

To re-phrase: the issue is always about the final goals of the group.

Don't you wonder how we get into stupid debates about a whole $9 a month for birth control? This is an example of this rule in action.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001091 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop acting like the Dem's being women's benevolent daddy over our lady parts is what we want!
Maybe your wife wants this, but many women find it creepy.
Over 1000 pieces of legislation against womens rights to their bodies is what should be creepy to you. Various bills ranging from forced use of transvaginal probes, to forcing women to have their rapists babies. Calling all sexually active women whores and feminazis should be creepy to you.
But, keep it up; you'll never get a candidate in the White House for a long, long time. Thanks teabaggers; you're great. Talk about domestic terrorism!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001092 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I AM concerned about Harry Reid.
When D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray approached Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and asked him to support full funding for the District of Columbia during the government shutdown Reid replied,“I’m on your side. Don’t screw it up.”
Whatever THAT meant.
But I'm getting tired. So goodnight.
Well, Reid and Gray ARE on the same side. They are both Democrats. With Senate Democrats and the White House rejecting any piecemeal approach to ending the shutdown Gray's constant demands that Congress exempt DC from the shutdown is taxing for Reid. Reid can't hold hard to the stance that Democrats won't give into hostage takers and grant Gray's request at the same time.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001093 Oct 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you do--in this post alone you are a proven follower.
Alinsky makes a strong case for the abandonment of morals and ethics.
Homey is an Alinskyite.
Oh wow; this is rich. The Dittohead speaketh!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001094 Oct 11, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer 2016 - "I could use your vote"
I just ordered the Vote for Homer shirts. What color should they be?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1001095 Oct 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no government shut down. It's all a hoax. 87 percent of the government is unaffected.
Coincidentally, that 13 percent eliminated is just about what needs to be eliminated every year for the next 10 years to get us back into a condition of balance between revenue and spending.
You can't use the term "balanced budget" because there hasn't even been a budget since Obama took office.
The Democrats' plan is certain government collapse.
So, what's the Democrat plan for government after they collapse the constitutional government?
In other words, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
You really need to learn how to read. No where in my post did I use the terminology "Shut down".

We had that balance in 2000 & what happened.

Dumbasses like you voted for a candidate that ran on giving back the surplus instead of paying down the debt.

That man you voted for took us from balanced budgets & surpluses & left us in the wort recession in 80 GD years, a near financial meltdown, a housing collapse & two quagmire wars.

It sounds to be, dumbass, that it was YOUR party that nearly collapsed this country.

So instead of crying & lying & making up sh*t about Obama, How about you talk about Boehner. McConnell, Ryan,. Cantor who voted yes yes yes under Bush that led us to near collapse under Bush.

& Really, don't bother with your CRA & Democrat blame sh*t.

You have NEVER ERVER identified any legislative actions the Democrats took in the fort 9 months of 2007 that caused any of the economic disaster.

NEVERT

EVER

You just keep running away.

So really, STFU & get a GD job that I don't have to subsidize with my tax money.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001096 Oct 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
7000 UNION workers out of Jobs in Chicago Area--Dominicks will be closing their stores. The cost of doing business in liberal land is causing the company to lose money. LIBERALISM killed the business. The Chicago stores are the lowest performing in the company.
That's the other mystery...Obama turning his back on the same unions who helped him get his baby passed.

Talk about arrogance, narcissism, self-importance and back stabbing.

"Don't you dare touch my baby even if you helped conceive it! It's mine! All mine!"
~Barack Hussein Obama

Okay, I just made up that last part.

But if he's saying this theoretically to his precious unions who, like Republicans, don't want his ugly baby either, how much more mean-spirited is he going to be sharing share his baby with his perceived enemies who only want to make his baby a little prettier?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1001097 Oct 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"What an odd comment.
Prove to us how you can make this claim that you "know" what another is thinking?
Special powers?"
- Whatever
I would swear she has had some traumatic brain injury. She reads things but the messages either get mixed up, or they don't come through at all. Everything gets twisted and turned around. Poor thing.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1001098 Oct 11, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The only party I ever heard about wanting to control women, change the laws, is the Republican party with vaginal probes, changing abortion laws etc. What vagina laws are the Democrats introducing?
Does the man go round the squirrel or not?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001099 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The margin of blame is narrowing in the polls.
Amazing that liberals - especially Obama and Reid - refuse to acknowledge this.
But doesn't it seem like we have two presidents now? You can't say Obama without saying Reid as part of the power elite.
Reid said he still wouldn't pass the House bill to temporarily increase the debt ceiling even if Obama did just because Republicans insist on having a few concessions in this monstrosity called health care reform.
Who's running this show anyway?
You're lying again. But then, you lie all the time.

You lied the other day about Michael Schiavo having married and moved on long before Terri died.

That was a vicious lie. Typical of a hateful wingnut like you.

If the fact swere on our side, you wouldn't have to make up outrageous lies.

Fact is, Repugnants are losing this battle - badly.

""NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate damages GOP
By Mark Murray, Senior Political Editor, NBC News
The Republican Party has been badly damaged in the ongoing government shutdown and debt limit standoff, with a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finding that a majority of Americans blame the GOP for the shutdown, and with the party’s popularity declining to its lowest level.
By a 22-point margin (53 percent to 31 percent), the public blames the Republican Party more for the shutdown than President Barack Obama – a wider margin of blame for the GOP than the party received during the poll during the last shutdown in 1995-96.""

----------

Face reality for once in your miserable life, Carol.

The radical right lost this battle, all that's left is their unconditional surrender.

Tough shit for you.

Proving once again that Obamacare is popular with America. If it weren't, the polls would show Repugnants with better ratings than Obama.

Quit listening to your commie buddy Dweeb. He's crazier than you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1001100 Oct 11, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The only party I ever heard about wanting to control women, change the laws, is the Republican party with vaginal probes, changing abortion laws etc. What vagina laws are the Democrats introducing?
Perhaps she objects to the word

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001101 Oct 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>But but but, what about Wm Ayres? Valerie Jarrett? Acorn?
Oily Taint?
We know now we were wrong. Harry Reid is the power behind the throne. Our bad.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1001102 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this makes you mad but opinion pieces will be marked as spam by me.
Rather than people discussing their opinions, cluttering the forum with opinion pieces from both sides (if you want an opinion piece info war) would reduce this to nothing but a sad version of Real Clear.
<spam>
lol! Then you should be marking yourself nearly all the time son!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1001103 Oct 11, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You really should research " blind racism." You folks on here suffer from it seriously. Yes, America's always been a melting pot of races but, with a white first mentality. If someone has a different belief system that you, they're all of a sudden Satanist, terrorist, bad people in general. If someone doesn't follow your traditions, they're all of a sudden anti American. You for one, see the racism everyday right here on this thread. The average person would've already understood they're on the wrong side, after seeing that it's mostly republicans spewing racist comments on a daily basis. Instead you encourage &, agree with these assholes as if you feel the same. What's that make you?
You really should research the" demokRatic" party...

The demokRatic party has always helped and been on the side of the black man for years keeping blacks equal, aborted controlling their numbers, 13% of the population. in their place, under-educated and poor, living off their masters wealth you eggplant....

KLAN PARENT HOOD has done a better job of killing you blacks off than the old demoKKKrats ever could...

Yet wide spread opinion and ignorance among blacks? Race and Welfare Trumps Common Sense....

It's the culture...

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1001104 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this makes you mad but opinion pieces will be marked as spam by me.
Rather than people discussing their opinions, cluttering the forum with opinion pieces from both sides (if you want an opinion piece info war) would reduce this to nothing but a sad version of Real Clear.
<spam>
... and btw, why don't you mark those from your side of the tracks?

Oh, that's right! THOSE opinions are ok with you!

I love this comedy channel!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1001105 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What was wrong with your source Jean? Did you read it.
I am going to ignore you until you calm down. I thought it was a dissing match but I can see now that you are irrationally angry-I will not attempt to carry on a conversation with an angry people.
Typical Republican. Cut and run when presented with the facts. I'm not angry. I'm enjoying watching you squirm your way out of the holes you did for yourself.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1001107 Oct 11, 2013
Laney F wrote:
One Man's Obamawreck Nightmare
"I live in New Jersey, but work for a small company based out of Massachusetts. For years, we were all insured through the company from a plan that originated in Massachusetts. However, as soon as Obamacare was passed, we were "audited" by the insurance company, and it turns out only 50 percent of our company is based in Massachusetts, and therefore we did not qualify as a company under the law. Apparently, you need 51 percent based in the state. About five days prior to our insurance policy renewal, we were told we could not (renew), and I had to scramble to purchase a much more expensive individual policy with much higher costs.
"Fast-forward two years. I now receive a new letter from my insurance company, Horizon Blue Cross,(informing me) that the plan that I have now is being discontinued and I need to pick a new plan.
"On Oct. 1, I tried to get into the exchange for New Jersey that is run by the federal government. I earn too much for a subsidy, but I wanted to see what my options were and how much more this was going to cost.
"I created an account and tried for four days to get in. Each time it said my password was invalid. I tried to use the "forgot password" option so they could send me a link to reset. When I got the link, the system kept saying that it didn't recognize my user account. When I tried to re-create the user account, it told me that one already existed. I called the number several times, and they all told me the same thing: Try back later. The glitches are being worked out.
"I (then) created a new account under (my wife's) name. After several attempts, I was able to get in. Over the weekend, I spent at least four hours trying to fill out the application. Each time, the website crashed. When I got back to work on Monday, I tried one more time. Lo and behold, the application was submitted. At this point, President Obama must be thinking 'great, a success story.'
"Well, my options came back, and voila: According to the government, I'm not eligible for any private plans. I received a notice that my entire family is only eligible for Medicaid! I make a decent salary. I'm not eligible for a subsidy, let alone Medicaid.
"This morning my wife received a call. Apparently, it was the exchange. She explained to them that we are not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid. The person on the phone told her, "That is what the system says you are eligible for. If you want, you can file an appeal."
"So now back to a change in plans. I currently have a Point of Service that covers benefits 70 percent after a large deductible, with somewhat large co-pays for doctors. Horizon Blue Cross does offer a similar plan (to the one being canceled) for about the same, but the problem is that my children's pediatricians are not in it (so much for keeping your doctors).
"The only plans that the doctors take involve a 40 percent deductible with higher co-pays. So now I have fewer options and not more. There is another new company offering coverage where I am, but it has zero out-of-network benefits and a smaller network. Either way, everything is changing for me with higher costs.
The whole process is a joke. The automatons who know nothing are just collecting a government check and getting health care paid for by me with my tax dollars, when I cannot even get my own."
In sum: Obama lied.
His health plan died.
In many cases you can't keep your doctors.
You can't sign up in 10 minutes for health care.
You're being steered toward a government plan you don't qualify for or want.
And you can't get your personal information back from the online Obamawreck black hole.
1-800-T-O-T-A-L-F-A-I-L.
Assuming Obamacare isn't a good plan to provide health care for uninsured Americans, please provide a link to the plan Republicans are offering that will work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 min hojo 12,335
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 31 min Susanm 337,155
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 58 min Chosen Traveler 35,814
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2