Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
916,061 - 916,080 of 1,096,625 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>That's what the majority of Americans are saying--why would they want to pay for other Americans laziness? Why would we want to pay for other people's sickness. Why would we pay for lazy gang bangers' bullet holes. Why yeah???? you tell us why anyone wants to pay for the lazy degenerates. Even liberals dont' want to pay now. LOL--but all of a sudden--- O'bama just now announced he wants to negotiate. I know what happened. I was polled yesterday and the polling data is in...O'bama is not standing with the American people. The American people are standing with the Republicans. The Republicans are standing with the American people.
I don't want to be financial back up for you.

Buy some GD insurance.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I've done battle with 5%ers in the past, being the wall. I will admit, I agree with a lot of the teachings but, they're no different than any other mass group setting surrounding the topic of spirituality, a religion! And religion is nothing but a reason for wars. Religion also has no place in politics but, youcontinually try to shove a circle on a round peg. Try it on someone else who haven't heard it all!
get rid of God and the "people" will find something else to worship dunce...

If not Jesus, you worship something...probably your FUBU hoodie or fried chicken...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...like it wasn't already?
Mexico has benefited by exporting its social and ignorant elements to bankrupt Morono Valley California...

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Bigfoot lives!!

Seriously.

Scientists confirmed tissue and DNA samples with a compelling new video.

Supposedly, there are "thousands" across North America and Canada.

Could have fooled me. I'm just convinced about ETs.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The polling had to be massive, because I personally know 6 people that were polled on Sunday. I had not been polled since two months before the elections. I suspect they were polling mostly democrats. And there is the reason why the sudden change.
Even the press is commenting on Obama's less use of hyperbole.

Wish I could see those polls.
WOW

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Bigfoot lives!!
Seriously.
Scientists confirmed tissue and DNA samples with a compelling new video.
Supposedly, there are "thousands" across North America and Canada.
Could have fooled me. I'm just convinced about ETs.
In order to know the truth you must believe the impossible
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to be financial back up for you.
Buy some GD insurance.
Let demoKRATs kill the planet, California, Detroit, Cincinnati or Miami and others with more stupid and ghetto ignorance, so all will suffer. Why do you hate intelligence?

If it's ghetto, illiterate, moocher, and idiot... It's free cheese, RealDumbDave, and ass-clown stupid...

It's the culture...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick any statement and argue your point. Here's the post again for your convenient reference.(By the way, you still haven't backed up your bullshit about 1) precedent for the president violating the Constitution and raising the debt ceiling on his own authority as if the United States is a dictatorship; and 2) those mythical subsidies to oil companies you've been programmed to believe exist.)
It is difficult to make sense of it all. You just have to go with the fact that the simplest explanation is the truth.
Obama is helping Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, Jordan and Syria.
Al Qaeda is changing its leadership.
Al Qaeda is the military arm of the Muslim Brotherhood.
The Muslim Brotherhood has a permenant presence in the White House and is in policy making positions.
Some Al Qaeda are being killed, but not where we obviously know where they currently are and operating training bases.
Al Qaeda operates in the open in Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya and Syria, and the US is training Al Qaeda terrorists in Jordan.
Obama kills the Al Qaeda who are hiding, but won't kill Al Qaeda where they openly operate.
The Al Qaeda in hiding must be hiding from the Muslim Brotherhood, also.
The simplest explanation is Obama is a goon for the Muslim Brotherhood and rubbing out anyone in Al Qaeda the Muslim Brotherhood wants eliminated.
Now, that's a role that will get respect from the world. No wonder the world doesn't trust the United States and thinks the government here is fullofshit.
Did the midget say OIL SUBSIDIES??

""A 2011 study by the consulting firm Management Information Services, Inc.(MISI)[7] estimated the total historical federal SUBSIDIES for various energy sources over the years 1950-2010. The study found that oil, natural gas, and coal received $369 billion,$121 billion, and $104 billion (2010 dollars), respectively, or 70% of total energy SUBSIDIES over that period. Oil, natural gas, and coal benefitted most from percentage depletion allowances and other tax-based SUBSIDIES, but oil also benefitted heavily from regulatory SUBSIDIES such as exemptions from price controls and higher-than-average rates of return allowed on oil pipelines.""
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

As the Congress has ensured govt employees will be payed anyway, Rep. Sanford (R-S.C.) says he's bringing back staff to avoid "taxpayer subsidized vacation".

Yep, Harry Reid those POOR SEI workers that you felt more sympathy for than a child with cancer are on paid vacation.

Dems vote on and pass the house NIH bill-now!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

""A 2011 study by the consulting firm Management Information Services, Inc.(MISI)[7] estimated the total historical federal SUBSIDIES for various energy sources over the years 1950-2010. The study found that oil, natural gas, and coal received $369 billion,$121 billion, and $104 billion (2010 dollars), respectively, or 70% of total energy SUBSIDIES over that period. Oil, natural gas, and coal benefitted most from percentage depletion allowances and other tax-based SUBSIDIES, but oil also benefitted heavily from regulatory SUBSIDIES such as exemptions from price controls and higher-than-average rates of return allowed on oil pipelines.""
WOW

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I've done battle with 5%ers in the past, being the wall. I will admit, I agree with a lot of the teachings but, they're no different than any other mass group setting surrounding the topic of spirituality, a religion! And religion is nothing but a reason for wars. Religion also has no place in politics but, youcontinually try to shove a circle on a round peg. Try it on someone else who haven't heard it all!
85% do battle 5%ers BUILD SON you mentality destroys self while the 5% raise the sick and feeble much like OBAMACARE with out destruction of a NATION if our PEOPLE THAT GOT LYNCHED used your way of thinking YOU WOULD NOT BE HERE TO SEE OBAMA
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...like it wasn't already?
But now the state has made it legal to defy a federal law.

So, Brown is good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Did the midget ask about OIL SUBSIDIES??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Is the midget in denial about OIL SUBSIDIES??

America's Most Obvious Tax Reform Idea: Kill the Oil and Gas Subsidies
In a world where $100-a-barrel oil is here to stay, there's no need to pad the industry's bottom line.

When Saudi Arabia's longtime oil minister, Ali Al-Naimi, opens his mouth, the world listens. Yesterday, during a speech in Hong Kong, he delivered a message that U.S. policy makers in particular would do well to take note of. The days of $100-a-barrel crude, he told the crowd, are here "for the foreseeable future."

If he's right, one thing that shouldn't be around for the foreseeable future are the outdated tax credits that protect oil and gas companies, which will be plenty profitable in a world of $100-a-barrel oil. If Democrats and Republicans are looking for safe ground to set up camp for the budget negotiations, let's start with these $7 billion-a-year subsidies.

Why Big Oil Doesn't Need Uncle Sam's Help
The oil industry's lobbyists like to argue that its array of tax write-offs (which allow companies to deduct everything from drilling costs to the declining value of their wells) aren't any different than other deductions for less publicly reviled companies. Cutting them will discourage new exploration and put jobs at risk, they claim.

Yet, some of the breaks are anachronisms that date back almost to the days of John D. Rockefeller. And in a world of permanently high crude prices, there's very little rationale for subsidizing the bottom lines of companies like ExxonMobil and BP.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Is the midget in denial about OIL SUBSIDIES??

America's Most Obvious Tax Reform Idea: Kill the Oil and Gas Subsidies
In a world where $100-a-barrel oil is here to stay, there's no need to pad the industry's bottom line.

When Saudi Arabia's longtime oil minister, Ali Al-Naimi, opens his mouth, the world listens. Yesterday, during a speech in Hong Kong, he delivered a message that U.S. policy makers in particular would do well to take note of. The days of $100-a-barrel crude, he told the crowd, are here "for the foreseeable future."

If he's right, one thing that shouldn't be around for the foreseeable future are the outdated tax credits that protect oil and gas companies, which will be plenty profitable in a world of $100-a-barrel oil. If Democrats and Republicans are looking for safe ground to set up camp for the budget negotiations, let's start with these $7 billion-a-year subsidies.

Why Big Oil Doesn't Need Uncle Sam's Help
The oil industry's lobbyists like to argue that its array of tax write-offs (which allow companies to deduct everything from drilling costs to the declining value of their wells) aren't any different than other deductions for less publicly reviled companies. Cutting them will discourage new exploration and put jobs at risk, they claim.

Yet, some of the breaks are anachronisms that date back almost to the days of John D. Rockefeller. And in a world of permanently high crude prices, there's very little rationale for subsidizing the bottom lines of companies like ExxonMobil and BP.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2 ...
Nat Turner

Angeles City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Why listen to Frank Sinatra when you can listen to "BOW WOW"!
Nat Turner

Angeles City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>In order to know the truth you must believe the impossible
Do you like "BOW WOW"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

More proof concerning OIL SUBSIDIES

As Oil Industry Fights a Tax, It Reaps Subsidies

When the Deepwater Horizon drilling platform set off the worst oil spill at sea in American history, it was flying the flag of the Marshall Islands. Registering there allowed the rig’s owner to significantly reduce its American taxes.

he owner, Transocean, moved its corporate headquarters from Houston to the Cayman Islands in 1999 and then to Switzerland in 2008, maneuvers that also helped it avoid taxes.

At the same time, BP was reaping sizable tax benefits from leasing the rig. According to a letter sent in June to the Senate Finance Committee, the company used a tax break for the oil industry to write off 70 percent of the rent for Deepwater Horizon — a deduction of more than $225,000 a day since the lease began.

With federal officials now considering a new tax on petroleum production to pay for the cleanup, the industry is fighting the measure, warning that it will lead to job losses and higher gasoline prices, as well as an increased dependence on foreign oil.

But an examination of the American tax code indicates that oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses, with tax breaks available at virtually every stage of the exploration and extraction process.

According to the most recent study by the Congressional Budget Office, released in 2005, capital investments like oil field leases and drilling equipment are taxed at an effective rate of 9 percent, significantly lower than the overall rate of 25 percent for businesses in general and lower than virtually any other industry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/business/04...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Dweeb has a thick haid, repeat:

As Oil Industry Fights a Tax, It Reaps Subsidies

When the Deepwater Horizon drilling platform set off the worst oil spill at sea in American history, it was flying the flag of the Marshall Islands. Registering there allowed the rig’s owner to significantly reduce its American taxes.

he owner, Transocean, moved its corporate headquarters from Houston to the Cayman Islands in 1999 and then to Switzerland in 2008, maneuvers that also helped it avoid taxes.

At the same time, BP was reaping sizable tax benefits from leasing the rig. According to a letter sent in June to the Senate Finance Committee, the company used a tax break for the oil industry to write off 70 percent of the rent for Deepwater Horizon — a deduction of more than $225,000 a day since the lease began.

With federal officials now considering a new tax on petroleum production to pay for the cleanup, the industry is fighting the measure, warning that it will lead to job losses and higher gasoline prices, as well as an increased dependence on foreign oil.

But an examination of the American tax code indicates that oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses, with tax breaks available at virtually every stage of the exploration and extraction process.

According to the most recent study by the Congressional Budget Office, released in 2005, capital investments like oil field leases and drilling equipment are taxed at an effective rate of 9 percent, significantly lower than the overall rate of 25 percent for businesses in general and lower than virtually any other industry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/business/04 ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Did someone mention OIL SUBSIDIES??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min Eagle 12 225,714
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr anonymous 26,978
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr STO 305,396
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••