Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1759491 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992993 Oct 1, 2013
POLL: Just one in four approves of Republicans’ handling of government shutdown standoff

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

25% who've deluded themselves into thinking they're the majority voice.

so how's that working out for ya?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#992994 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was working earlier.
it crashed due to all of the republicans wanting to be a democrats.
No...the long waits have already begun.

What did you expect?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#992995 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the insurance companies have been extorting me for years, so i'm just sitting here watching the site waiting for the line to move along. check back with me next week and i bet i'm still waiting.
so yes, millions who are taking a bite out of the ass of republicans. let's hope that's covered in their very expensive healthcare plan. but you know it's works....DENIED!
I think what you may find is a lot of people saying "I'm required by law to pay how much a month?" "I got to pay how much in copay and deductibles?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#992996 Oct 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, seriously. Wish I could magically put the photos here so you'd be forced to see the similarities between Obama and Marshall and the obvious differences between Obama and Obama, Sr.
I apologize for the links but they do provide the best photos.
http://stupidcelebrities.net/2012/09/shocking...
http://wheresobamasbirthcertificate.com/blog/...
The cleft above the upper lip, the lips, the eyes, the bone structure...all favor Marshall. Obama's brother is the spitting image of Obama, Sr. but looks nothing like Frank Marshall.
No one was more shocked than me, let me tell you.
You're disgusting. I thought you were busy grilling your brother in law about the pleasures of anal sex?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#992997 Oct 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was working earlier.
it crashed due to all of the republicans wanting to be a democrats.
Yes! They have to change their party affiliation to qualify!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#992998 Oct 1, 2013
Health Insurance Marketplace: Please wait

We have a lot of visitors on our site right now and we're working to make your experience here better. Please wait here until we send you to the login page. Thanks for your patience!

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/global...

and it's working again.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#992999 Oct 1, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah stupid, there were riots over a police shooting. The same thing happened in England a couple of years earlier. We've had them too. Remember what happened after the Rodney King verdict? Did any of these have anything to do with the overall economies of the countries involved? No. But keep chewing on that bone if you want instead of coming up with any kind of rational fact based argument.
You're an idiot!
Question: what do the Rodney King riots and the Swedish unrest have in common?

Answer: "CHIMPS"!!!

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#993000 Oct 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"their healthcare costs have went down"!! You're an idiot.
Learn to read Lily. The health care costs went down because they chose not to go to the doctor for minor medical needs so they could keep the money. What I've been saying for years.
IN THE NAME OF JESUS

Smithfield, NC

#993001 Oct 1, 2013
TO ALL THE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS PLEASE SAY THIS PRAYER/NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR GOD/Proverbs 21

King James Version (KJV)

21 The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

American Government

Father, in Jesus’ name, we give thanks for the United States and its government. We hold up in prayer before You the men and
women who are in
positions of authority. We pray and intercede for the
president, the representatives, the senators, the judges of our land, the policemen and the
policewomen, as well as the governors and mayors, and for all those who are in authority over us in any way. We pray that the
Spirit of the Lord
rests upon them.
We believe that skillful and godly wisdom has entered into the heart of our president and knowledge is pleasant to him. Discr
etion watches over
him; understanding keeps him and delivers him from the way of evil and from evil men.
Father, we ask that
You compass the president about with men and women who make their hearts and ears attentive to godly counsel and do
that which is right in Your sight. We believe You cause them to be men and women of integrity who are obedient concerning us
that we may le
ad a
quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. We pray that the upright shall dwell in our government

that men and women blameless
and complete in Your sight, Father, shall remain in these positions of authority, but the wicked shall be cut
off from our government and the
treacherous shall be rooted out of it.
Your Word declares that “blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord”(Ps. 33:12). We receive Your blessing. Father; You are
our Refuge and
Stronghold in times of trouble (high cost
, destitution, and desperation). So we declare with our mouths that Your people dwell safely in this land,
and we prosper abundantly. We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus!
It is written in Your Word that the heart of the king is in the hand
of the Lord and that You turn it whichever way You desire. We believe the
heart of our leader is in Your hand and that his decisions are divinely directed of the Lord.
We give thanks unto You that the good news of the Gospel is published in our land.
The Word of the Lord prevails and grows mightily in the
hearts and lives of the people. We give thanks for this land and the leaders You have given to us, in Jesus’ name.
Jesus is Lord over the United States! Amen

http://www.prayers.org/prayers/prayerlist.asp

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#993002 Oct 1, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
LOL...it's started already.
"Union officials say the Federal Aviation Administration is furloughing nearly 3,000 inspectors at the heart of the agency's safety operations because of Congress' federal budget impasse."
Eek!
Guess that never-say-die effort to defeat the Affordable Care Act isn't working out too well for you. Thanks a lot.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#993003 Oct 1, 2013
Welcome, leftist phags!! Its a great day in America, because the federal government has been shut down (and nobody cares)!! There has been nary a hiccup, proving the Conservatives main point that the fed is bloated and out of control. Now that fact has been proven, its time to take the necessary steps to shrink it by a requisite 50%.

Don't worry though; we'll keep this room open for you to cry and hold hands........
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993004 Oct 1, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No...the long waits have already begun.
What did you expect?
well, i'm sure you expected no one to want to sign up for the 'program that is destroying this country'.

but i can wait. i'm a VERY patient person. and i have 3 computers running at the same time, one of which is now designated the 'screw you you fear mongering FOXbots' computer.

Orlando, FL

#993005 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You are anti American, you hate your fellow Americans. You should be ashamed of yourself and renounce your citizenship and go to Russia.
No, Lily. I have no patience with willful ignorance due to dogged blind loyalty. I want a leader who is decisive without waffling and has convictions other than stroking his own ego and reaches across the aisle to unite us all instead of thinking fellow Americans are his enemy.

But you were anti-American when Bush was president. So you have no room to talk.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#993006 Oct 1, 2013
Health Insurance Marketplace: Please wait

We have a lot of visitors on our site right now and we're working to make your experience here better. Please wait here until we send you to the login page. Thanks for your patience!

https://www.kissyerazzgoodbye.com

Godspeed in your journey....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993007 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes! They have to change their party affiliation to qualify!!!!
and they will, they will!!!!!

so funny.'Shut it down, shut it down!' whilst we all laugh while we wait in line to sign up for that that was never going anywhere anyway.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#993008 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
The only problem is that with states like Florida with a dickhead criminal thief governor like Rick Scott; many people will not be able to purchase from the exchanges as their incomes are not high enough. He refused the medicaide expansion that affects working class families. Those people fall through the gap. What a guy.
I went to the exchange website, healthcare.gov and it's swamped with millions of Floridians trying to apply, system is down!
There are millions of self employed people who have been waiting for this for a long time.
Better not underestimate next year's income to be eligible for the big subsidy. Self employed people mostly have only a ball park idea of income next year. A lot of them will get slammed with repayment.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#993009 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You're disgusting. I thought you were busy grilling your brother in law about the pleasures of anal sex?
Man you are really looking to get your caboose drilled. Let me hook you up with a friend I have in Florida named "Big Jim Slade". He loves riding the geriatric hershey highway.....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#993010 Oct 1, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess that never-say-die effort to defeat the Affordable Care Act isn't working out too well for you. Thanks a lot.
Dream on, little big man; its just beginning.....:-)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#993011 Oct 1, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I think what you may find is a lot of people saying "I'm required by law to pay how much a month?" "I got to pay how much in copay and deductibles?"
so let's talk about subsides that the republicans love so much.

if it's good enough for Big Oil......

and what is it? up to $72,000 a year qualifies? that's a whole lot of subsidies to be stealing from the Oil companies.

Orlando, FL

#993012 Oct 1, 2013
IN THE NAME OF JESUS wrote:
TO ALL THE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS PLEASE SAY THIS PRAYER/NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR GOD/Proverbs 21
King James Version (KJV)
21 The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
American Government
Father, in Jesus’ name, we give thanks for the United States and its government. We hold up in prayer before You the men and
women who are in
positions of authority. We pray and intercede for the
president, the representatives, the senators, the judges of our land, the policemen and the
policewomen, as well as the governors and mayors, and for all those who are in authority over us in any way. We pray that the
Spirit of the Lord
rests upon them.
We believe that skillful and godly wisdom has entered into the heart of our president and knowledge is pleasant to him. Discr
etion watches over
him; understanding keeps him and delivers him from the way of evil and from evil men.
Father, we ask that
You compass the president about with men and women who make their hearts and ears attentive to godly counsel and do
that which is right in Your sight. We believe You cause them to be men and women of integrity who are obedient concerning us
that we may le
ad a
quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. We pray that the upright shall dwell in our government

that men and women blameless
and complete in Your sight, Father, shall remain in these positions of authority, but the wicked shall be cut
off from our government and the
treacherous shall be rooted out of it.
Your Word declares that “blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord”(Ps. 33:12). We receive Your blessing. Father; You are
our Refuge and
Stronghold in times of trouble (high cost
, destitution, and desperation). So we declare with our mouths that Your people dwell safely in this land,
and we prosper abundantly. We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus!
It is written in Your Word that the heart of the king is in the hand
of the Lord and that You turn it whichever way You desire. We believe the
heart of our leader is in Your hand and that his decisions are divinely directed of the Lord.
We give thanks unto You that the good news of the Gospel is published in our land.
The Word of the Lord prevails and grows mightily in the
hearts and lives of the people. We give thanks for this land and the leaders You have given to us, in Jesus’ name.
Jesus is Lord over the United States! Amen
http://www.prayers.org/prayers/prayerlist.asp
Normally, I would. But all I've been able to muster since November 2008 is, "Lord, please help us survive this president."

But I promise to add "...and open the eyes of my fellow Americans once and for all since they keep electing those who desire power over us instead of empowering us."

That's my sincerest prayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr June VanDerMark 340,427
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sat hojo 12,405
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 35,922
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480