Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,516)

Showing posts 910,301 - 910,320 of1,037,763
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

lol! Cons still can't separate the government from Obamacare.

I'm sure Galt is pleased despite it going against his political 'values!'

I love this comedy channel!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
A strange case of When Harry tells you the Tea Party is bad it's case closed...
"If The Tea Party Is Anarchist What Do You Call These People?"
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/09/if-th...
People are only allowed to participate in the political process if they agree with the political party in power nowadays. Any dissenters are considered a threat by this power hungry party.

How disturbing and dangerous is that!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Obama at the UN ‘World Is More Stable than It Was Five Years Ago’ this is delusional and Dangerous, maybe he’s comparing the World vs. Chicago he may have a Point!!
does the guy ever pick up a newspaper? Maybe he's too busy playing "cards" with his body man.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ's teachings were never about looking to big government to meet all of our needs. Quite the contrary. Worshipping big government is, frankly, I believe, many liberals' idea of an equal substitute in place of God.
Then by your analogy son, it's a god cons want to control......

Since: May 11

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you say this every day but have to ask what aca taxes effect the middle class. Stupid fck.
I have to say it everyday because everyday one of you idiot right whiners claims it isn't.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Inequality of the distribution of our laborers productivity in San Joes Calif. demonstrates that their austerity, to address their fiscal irresponsibility is prevalent even among some democrat leadership.
Services have been cut to their libraries and community centers closed, laying off and reducing salaries to their employees. Resulting in new facilities empty, from pot holes to home burglaries are increasing.
Silicon valley in decline. Similar to rust belt municipalities failures. Both exhibit how austerity does not address a solution, only increase their demise.
Democrat Xavier Campos councilman is perplexed as to what to do.
Democrat Mayor Chuck Reed is following the same ideology of cutting laborers pensions and increasing their co pays.
Democrat Rahm Emanuel of Chicago and Gina Raimondo treasurer of Rhode Island are of the same mind.“I think it needs to be led by Democrats,” Mr. Reed said.“It can’t become something Republicans are doing to unions.”
All and well yet though the colors are different from red to blue the results remain the same. Laborers will be required to work unlimited overtime to remain at the same levels that they now exist in. Relying on that much overtime being available has many laborers skeptical of their security and are leaving their positions.
Bankruptcy lawyer Karol K. Denniston of the Schiff Hardin firm stated; “There is growing recognition that there is not enough money to keep doing what they’re doing, and something’s got to change.”
Laborers have already received a 10% cut in their incomes and are told its not enough. Pension and health care will also need to be cut!
Thousands of laborers have been sent to the unemployment lines or early retirement. Veteran officers have taken their lifetime experiences with them. Vandalism is no longer controlled. Crime is increasing. Security is decreasing. No one wants to cut workers and yet there it is. City auditor Ms. Erickson questions “We have a huge opportunity here to get it right, And if we can’t get it right here in San Jose, where can we get it right?”
As with the republicans these democrats and in the article that was written by By RICK LYMAN and MARY WILLIAMS WALSH ; Struggling , San Jose Tests a Way to Cut Benefits
Published: September 23, 2013 N.Y. Times ;

All of them failed to address the root of their problem.“The Price Of Inequality” That is why they will continue to digress with austerity ideologies.
Technology boon made Silicone Valley the new gold rush of our 21st century. Apparently they have forgotten the lessons of the past. Gold mines wealth soon went to the few, a minority, with no distributions to their miners. Resulting with a haunting sprinkling of ghost towns.
Presently we are facing the same forces that promoted desolation to our mining towns of yesteryear. Today we call them Bankrupt towns. Whether we be red, white or blue, together we need stand together to reign the abusive inequality of our national wealth and income. http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions.
Nay, Nay, Nay on increase taxes on the wealth and income of the minority is no longer acceptable. Royalties to the laborers, on their past productions, that are still being collected by the minority with no distributions, wouldn’t hurt. Oh Pensions that are stagnated and evaporated by political winds is not proving to be a secure reliable benefit for the elderly retiree. Its Time For A Cool , Cool Change…
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

LOL there are those that can not fathom how this CBO report illuminates the success of Obama, in spite of the ideologue insidious callow obstructive politics of the right wing .
Remember when republicans were so fearful of the economy’s state affaire?
….Well they still are !
Right Wing cries too fast, too fast, too fast, slooooow down..
“It Is All About The Economy Stupid”{Trivia;} who had that on his presidential desk?
Following inspired by the CBO report.
The Congressional Budget Office said the 2013 fiscal deficit would fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of G.D.P., about $200 billion less than it estimated just three months ago.
WASHINGTON — Since the recession ended four years ago, the federal budget deficit has topped $1 trillion every year. But now the government’s annual deficit is shrinking far faster than anyone in Washington expected, and perhaps even faster than many economists think is advisable for the health of the economy.
The agency forecast that the deficit, which topped 10 percent of gross domestic product in 2009, could shrink to as little as 2.1 percent of gross domestic product by 2015 — a level that most analysts say would be easily sustainable over the long run — before beginning to climb gradually through the rest of the decade.
"Revenues have been strong as the economy has outperformed a bit," said Joel Prakken, a founder of Macroeconomic Advisers, a forecasting firm based in St. Louis.
Over all, the figures demonstrate how the economic recovery has begun to refill the government’s coffers. At the same time, Washington, despite its republican political paralysis.
Republicans say perhaps too successful. Given that the economy continues to perform well below its potential and that unemployment has so far failed to fall below 7.5 percent, many economists are cautioning that the deficit is coming down too fast, too soon.
“It’s good news for the budget deficit and bad news for the jobs deficit,” said Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.{R}
“I’m more worried about the latter.” OOOHHH scary..
Now Obama is showing his democratic colors of success in financials. With the government running a hefty $113 billion surplus in the tax payment month of April, according to the Treasury, analysts now do not expect the country to run out of room under its debt ceiling.
The $200 billion reduction to the estimated deficit comes not from the $85 billion in mandatory cuts known as sequestration, nor from the package of tax increases that Congress passed this winter to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff. The office had already incorporated those policy changes in its February forecast.
Republicans want Congress to agree for this year to serving as a partial brake on the recovery, cutting government jobs and preventing growth from accelerating to a more robust pace, many economists have warned. The International Monetary Fund has called the country’s pace of deficit reduction “overly strong,” arguing that Washington should delay some of its budget cuts while adopting a longer-term strategy to hold down future deficits.{R} Typical, small minds for small growth..
CBO is revising its estimates for the current year, the budget office also cut its projections of the 10-year cumulative deficit by $618 billion. Those longer-term adjustments are mostly a result of smaller projected outlays for the entitlement programs of Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, as well as smaller interest payments on the debt. The C.B.O. has quietly erased hundreds of billions of dollars in projected government health spending over the last few years.
It did so again on Tuesday. In February, the budget office projected that the United States would spend about $8.1 trillion on Medicare and $4.4 trillion on Medicaid over the next 10 fiscal years. It now projects it will spend $7.9 trillion on Medicare and $4.3 trillion on Medicaid. Republicans

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no lie. You can jump up & down & use the grief of a mother all you want.
It doesn't chsnge that there was no lie
""I asked them,‘What happened? Please tell me,’” Smith said.“And every one of them says it was the video, and we all know it wasn’t the video. They all lied to me""

I know you can't comprehend what you read so have someone else explain it to you.

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The Washington Examiner. Written by Phillip Klein on April 3, 2013.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/344544/p...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>so you forgot to change your name to usa1680--you know all about those fire departments out there in California don't cha? scum bag. Let me see if I can find those posts about how you hate the fire fighters.
Feel free to look them up son.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Japanese-Americans were interned during World War II for far less reason and threat than posed by Muslims today.
I think you are proposing something more reminiscent of the Nazi's treatment of the Jews than the Japanese internment--both were very, very wrong, but one is just so much more you.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a brain, you would know that is just step one.
Try to get it together Eman, you're losing it bigtime.
its called reality. Its all that has happened. You say they've been punished, in reality they haven't.

You think Syria is going to disclose everything they have and hand it over. I'm not brainwashed.
OBAMA AND MOST DEM

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Satan says:"Thanks America for Killing 55 millions of God's Children !"

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! No son. Not even Congress 'do that.'
You're an idiot!
aw yes here is your post on Firemen in California: QUOTE who="USAsince1680"qu oted text
FYI, I am free to respond to any and all posts..whether or not they
are directed to me.
The fact is...California firefighters are grossly overpaid. I have
absolutely no desire to "sign up for try outs" as I have a college
education. Most people are happy to
pay for a gym membership that keeps them fit by lifting weights and
working out
yet you use physical fitness as an excuse for firefighter's outlandish
pay. Ridiculous.
You are not being truthful. Firefighters rarely work hard. That is a
fact that cannot be argued. Inspecting fire hydrants or business
establishments is not hard work. Doing show at tell at schools is not
hard work. Jogging and working out is not hard work. Standing around
at an accident scene is not hard work. Standing on a street corner
holding a boot to collect money is not hard work. Training is more fun
than hard
work, as is rolling to an emergency call. Routinely, washing and
re-stocking the
fire engine is about as hard as it gets.

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Only you would believe that instead of cutting costs by $2.20 and going to add $3.30, a swing of $5.50, won't change the planned savings.
"This doesn’t, however, have any effect on the health-care reform law’s long-term plans for the private program, which will slowly cut Medicare Advantage’s funding to the levels of traditional Medicare,"

i.e. the ACA cuts to Medicare Advantage still get done so they are the same as traditional Medicare.

Evidently it doesn't bother you that your sources leave out critical information & you get duped. You keep going back for more.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> They were Somalis going back to fight in their civil war.
The Obama government is harboring international terrorists. Time to clean out the terrorists before someone else does it for us.

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Sorry son.
You people are too narcissistic to think straight!
too narcissistic like the fire fighters you hate?
QUOTE who="USAsince1680" <quoted text>
You have watched too many movies. Ladder 49, Towering Inferno and
Backdraft are not true life.
If you were, indeed, a firefighter with the US Forest Service then you
are to be commended but there is no comparison between that service
and city/county fire departments. US Forest members routinely transfer
to city/county fire departments because they know a good thing when
they see it.
I have spent time at local fire departments and ridden along with local police
officers across California. Fire Departments were BORING and, with a few
exceptions, so were police ride-a-longs. Since you admit that a career as a
firefighter is "90% boredom followed by 10% sheer terror" it would
only make sense
to pay firefighters on a sliding scale...minimum wage with an
allowance for hazardous duty pay when actually on the frontline of a
fire.
The truth is, the only time many firefighters are ever inside a
burning structure is
under controlled conditions during training. Standing on the outside,
with hoses in
hand is the norm. They will stand on the outside, patting themselves
on the back.
Not exactly heroic duty.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
the tax for not purchasing a policy, tan tax, Cadillac tax (unless all those union members are millionaires). Dumbass Dave says its funded but thinks only the rich are getting taxed.
Galt always found it amusing that a luxury tax was named after a crummy faux-luxury car.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals are more concerned about a flat tire than the car being totaled.
People kill, not guns. We should be focusing on helping the people who kill with guns first. Which means identifying them before they snap because of political correctness.
Oh, more Batty, old bitty, a Fauxbot supreme,
Her outlook's quite shitty, and her hovel's unclean...
Could you come up with one a little more moss-covered than "guns don't kill people..."? Let it suffice to say, that I want any people who kill people armed with rocks and wits and kindness.(BTW, I really love you diagnosis of those who snap because of political correctness--you get that study from Owlbreath or are you just misplacing your modifiers along with your Jeep keys again?)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Looking to big government to meet all our needs is what many liberals believe is an equal substitute to looking to God.

Just think about this. How many liberals profess a belief in God and are tolerant of anyone who does? Yet, when it comes to big government social issues, they're the first ones to bring God into the equation.

Like I said, in their minds, an equal substitute.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 910,301 - 910,320 of1,037,763
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••