Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,466)

Showing posts 909,301 - 909,320 of1,034,724
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were clearly still present and waiting to take their seats before the hearing. The left side was completely empty.
clearly?

not hardly.

i realize that all of the right wing nutjob media jumped on the non-story, but they've been proven time and again to be nothing more than a mouthpiece for nutjobs like Issa and Cruz because you FOXbots love your elected nutjobs and what you nutjobs love equates to ad dollars.

though it seems FOX, under orders from Boehner, just threw Cruz under the bus, so i expect FOX will quit carrying water for his particular brand of nutjob.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Here's the life story of one of the Navy Yard shooting victims. It really says all that needs be said regarding the pressing need to cage negro thugs.....
"Chimp control"
Navy Yard victim’s wife:‘I can’t believe this is happening again’
By Emily Wax-Thibodeaux,September 16, 2013
Above the sofa in Priscilla Daniels’s living room in Southeast Washington there’s a
flower-festooned shrine to her 14-year-old son. He was shot and killed four years ago on a D.C. street.
Now, after the mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, Daniels, 46, has to hang another portrait, build another shrine.
This time for her husband. Arthur Daniels, 51, a handyman working for a contractor, happened to be moving and installing furniture in Building 197 on Monday morning. He was shot in an eerily similar way to his teenage son: in the back while running from a gunman.
That morning, Priscilla Daniels kissed her husband of 30 years and teased that they should stay in bed because it was raining.
“Stay home with me,” she told him.“But he said,‘Bills to pay, I gotta go in.’&#8200;”
They were high school sweethearts. She even named all of their four sons after him. They are known around the neighborhood for their different middle initials. There’s Arthur C. and Arthur L. Arthur A. was the teenager who was killed while walking home from the Metro with friends in February 2009. That same night, police said, the assailant robbed a man and stole a man’s car.
The fourth son, Arthur V., got into trouble with the law. He is serving 271/2 years for carjacking an 84-year-old woman while pointing a loaded pistol and demanding the keys to her car, according to D.C. Superior Court records.
“My husband was the man I loved through all the tragedy,” Daniels said, surrounded by family at her home. She wept, grabbing the hand of her daughter-in-law, then hugging her tightly. Then they both cried for what felt like a long time. The only thing for the rest to do was to stare at the floor.
Priscilla Daniels said she slept for only an hour or so Monday night, trying to make sense of the senseless. On Tuesday, she flipped through a pile of photos of Arthur and herself. They loved to go out on the town, shoes shined, hair done and holding each other as though they had just met.
“I can’t believe this is happening again,” Daniels said over and over as she rocked back and forth.
Arthur Daniels was the one who cooked Thanksgiving dinner every year for the entire family, including their five children and nine grandchildren. He spent weekends washing and polishing his white Crown Victoria, which was still at the Navy Yard.
The steady stream of visitors came, as they do when someone dies. They wanted to help, as they always do when they don’t know if they really can. They offered to cook meals, sit with her, answer the telephone.
BTW do you know what the percentage is of white mass murders to black mass murders is?

how abut the percentage of white school shooters to black school shooters?

wasn't that kid in Aurora Co., the one with the orange hair white?

How about Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, care to guess what race they were?

so shall we discuss the pressing need to cage all white thugs

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Fox’s Wallace Stunned: GOP Leaders Sent Me Opposition Research on Ted Cruz

Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace said Sunday morning that he’d received opposition research from other Republicans about Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) in advance of Cruz’s appearance this morning, a serious indication of how upset the GOP is with the Senator leading the risky charge to defund ObamaCare.

“This has been one of the strangest weeks I’ve ever had in Washington,” Wallace said.“As soon as we listed Ted Cruz as our featured guest this week, I got unsolicited research and questions, not from Democrats but from top Republicans, to hammer Cruz.”

“This was a strategy laid out by Mike Lee (R-UT) and Ted Cruz without any consultation with their colleagues,” said Karl Rove.“With all due respect to my junior Senator from Texas, I suspect this is the first time that the end game was described to any Republican Senator. They had to tune in to listen to you to find out what Ted’s next step was in the strategy.”

“You cannot build a Congressional majority, in either party, for any kind of action, unless you are treating your colleagues with some certain amount of respect, and saying,‘Hey, what do you think of my idea?’” Rove said.“Instead they have dictated to their colleagues through the media, and through public statements, and not consulted them about this strategy at all.”

Rove also corrected Cruz’s interpretation of a Wall Street Journal as giving the GOP the advantage on whom Americans trust on health care.“I wish that were true,” Rove said, pointing out that Democrats still held the advantage, but were at an historically low number.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-wallace-stunn...

so now Rove is debunking right wing lies.

that's a new low for right wing lies.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The UN believed the same thing about this "sovereign nation" as Bush, Bill Clinton and every single democrat once did. 40 countries stood behind Bush believing the same thing. France and Germany were the only two dissenting countries who were in bed with this "sovereign nation".
Only liberals and democratic weasels who flip-flopped for political gain didn't believe it.
No actually Russia and China to name a couple of the big ones, as was the President of the UN at the time, Kofi Annon, who called the invasion an illegal act

of those 40 countries, how many receive U.S. aid and favors for their votes?

Fact is Bush had promised to go back to the UN one more time to get authorization before the vote in Congress to authorize the use of force. That was the only way the measure would pass. Once he made that promise, many of those against invading voted yes, hoping Saddam would cave. Saddam did, and allowed the weapons inspectors in. He even started "cooperating". Hans Blix reported that they only need about 2 months to complete it, having found no WMD's in the 3 months he was there. Bush couldn't risk the world finding out there were no WMD's, thereby eliminating the "red flag" operation to invade. Wolfowitz even admitted there were never any WMD's, that they only used that as an excuse to rally up support for their policy. That policy dated back to Bill Kristol's PNAC in 1998
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Sarah Palin: Fox News Should Reveal GOP Leaders Who Provided Opposition Research on Ted Cruz

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/22/sa...

i bet Sarah gets a one finger salute from her employer.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Wallace: Senator, I think it’s fair to say that you have ticked off a whole bunch of your fellow Republicans who feel that you have gotten them in this fight without an endgame, without a strategy. I want to put some of their criticisms, they’ve gone on the record on the screen. Congressman Tim Griffin wrote,‘So far, Senate Republicans are good at getting Facebook likes and town halls, not much else. Do something.’ Republican congressman Pete King of New York calls you a fraud.‘If he can deliver on this, fine. If he can’t, he should keep quiet from now on and we should listen to them,’ and Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee said this,‘I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton,’ which you did,‘but I can count.’ Republicans, especially in the House say that you are pushing them into a fight that you don’t know how to finish.

Cruz:(Silence)

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/22/ted-cr...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually Russia and China to name a couple of the big ones, as was the President of the UN at the time, Kofi Annon, who called the invasion an illegal act
of those 40 countries, how many receive U.S. aid and favors for their votes?
Fact is Bush had promised to go back to the UN one more time to get authorization before the vote in Congress to authorize the use of force. That was the only way the measure would pass. Once he made that promise, many of those against invading voted yes, hoping Saddam would cave. Saddam did, and allowed the weapons inspectors in. He even started "cooperating". Hans Blix reported that they only need about 2 months to complete it, having found no WMD's in the 3 months he was there. Bush couldn't risk the world finding out there were no WMD's, thereby eliminating the "red flag" operation to invade. Wolfowitz even admitted there were never any WMD's, that they only used that as an excuse to rally up support for their policy. That policy dated back to Bill Kristol's PNAC in 1998
Communist countries don't count. They have their own version of oppression and control.

Saddam would have rebuilt his WMD program with a vengeance and with a purpose of revenge as soon as Hans Blix gave him a pass and the world wasn't watching anymore.

Bush and other countries knew this. One of Saddam's top former generals wrote a book detailing how Saddam moved his WMDs to Syria and a former scientist publicly claimed the same thing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Where did you get your degree in geology? In a box of Cracker Jack . Educate yourself. Check a movie called
"Gasland". An if you think it's safe, Call Halliburton, they'll be more than happy to put a well in your backyard.
Impossible to argue with someone who gets their information from movies...you probably believed the "China Syndrome"...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I didn't know James Charles Kopp was a Muslim
or that Tim McVeigh was Muslim either
was Scott Roeder a Muslim too
McVeigh overreacted to the terrorism of Janet Reno...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and we all know the Petroleum/Gas industry always takes the high road and does everything possible to protect the environment....
just ask the people whose taps produce flaming jets of water
...another urban legend...
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck your bigotry.
Did the Bible teach you to be such a bigot?
Or did you learn that from the master bigot himself, Rush Limbaugh.
This idea you are pushing that all Muslims are terrorists & murderers is just pathetic.
I believe in freedom of religion. I don't believe that the president of the United States has the authority to deny our religious freedoms or to side with people who have vowed to kill 'infidels'.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Fox’s Wallace Stunned: GOP Leaders Sent Me Opposition Research on Ted Cruz
Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace said Sunday morning that he’d received opposition research from other Republicans about Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) in advance of Cruz’s appearance this morning, a serious indication of how upset the GOP is with the Senator leading the risky charge to defund ObamaCare.
“This has been one of the strangest weeks I’ve ever had in Washington,” Wallace said.“As soon as we listed Ted Cruz as our featured guest this week, I got unsolicited research and questions, not from Democrats but from top Republicans, to hammer Cruz.”
“This was a strategy laid out by Mike Lee (R-UT) and Ted Cruz without any consultation with their colleagues,” said Karl Rove.“With all due respect to my junior Senator from Texas, I suspect this is the first time that the end game was described to any Republican Senator. They had to tune in to listen to you to find out what Ted’s next step was in the strategy.”
“You cannot build a Congressional majority, in either party, for any kind of action, unless you are treating your colleagues with some certain amount of respect, and saying,‘Hey, what do you think of my idea?’” Rove said.“Instead they have dictated to their colleagues through the media, and through public statements, and not consulted them about this strategy at all.”
Rove also corrected Cruz’s interpretation of a Wall Street Journal as giving the GOP the advantage on whom Americans trust on health care.“I wish that were true,” Rove said, pointing out that Democrats still held the advantage, but were at an historically low number.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-wallace-stunn...
so now Rove is debunking right wing lies.
that's a new low for right wing lies.
time for change...Rove is a proven loser...
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News Turns on Ted Cruz and Destroys His Plan To Defund Obamacare
Fox News has turned on their former tea party darling Ted Cruz, and is tearing apart his plan to defund Obamacare by threatening a government shutdown
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/22/fox-ne...
Sarah Palin Self Destructs and Calls Fox News Gutless
Sarah Palin has once again put her foot in her mouth. While defending Ted Cruz’s efforts to defund Obamacare, Palin called Republicans that are opposing Cruz gutless. This includes her own employer, Fox News.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/22/sarah-...
Fox News Admits That Republicans Sent Them Opposition Research To Use Against Ted Cruz
It is getting ugly in Republican Land. Today, Fox News disclosed that top Republican officials sent them opposition research to be used against Ted Cruz during his Fox News Sunday interview.
Wallace said,“This has been one of the strangest weeks I’ve ever had in Washington. And I say that, because as soon as we listed Ted Cruz as our featured guest this week, I got unsolicited research and questions, not from Democrats, but from top Republicans who — to hammer Cruz. Why are Republicans so angry at Ted Cruz?”
Can you imagine the shock on Chris Wallace’s face when he got his usual weekly talking points, and they targeted a Republican instead of a Democrat? That is an earth shaking event at Fox News. It should be noted that Wallace did exactly what the Republican establishment wanted during his interview with Cruz. He went out of his way to prove that the Texas senator’s plan was destined to fail. Chris Wallace may or may not have used the opposition research that he was provided, but he definitely did everything he could to kill support for the Cruz/DeMint defund Obamacare movement.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/22/fox-ne...
hilarious.
Most United States citizen are not in favor of ObamaKare and would be glad if they would start over and work toward a 'bipartisan' true health care reform bill. If the Democrats would simply scrap ObamaKare and start over to work toward true heath care reform Obama wouldn't be expected to force a government shutdown on our country. Since Obama hasn't signed a balanced budget his entire career in Washington DC,there is no reason to believe he is serious about the budget.

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>Gasland was a lie from start to finish, proved in the movie "Frack Nation", the main couple were idiotic lying cowards, as is the cowardly liar Josh Fox. The lady threatened the producer, who was sitting in his car on the road, with a gun for having the temerity to ask questions. Idiotic Hollywood libs were sucked in because they're stupid.

FrackNation - Rotten Tomatoes
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fracknation/&#82... ;
Rating: 50%- &#8206;6 reviews
Review: There are two sides of every story and then there is the truth. FrackNation is the film that will tell the truth about fracking. People across the US..

FrackNation | Variety
variety.com/2013/film/reviews/fracknation-111... ;
Jan 10, 2013 - FrackNation Those nursing the suspicion that Hollywood politics are awash in knee-jerk liberalism may well have their cynicism validated by ...
Very telling you didn't link the gas land review on the site

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>Gasland was a lie from start to finish, proved in the movie "Frack Nation", the main couple were idiotic lying cowards, as is the cowardly liar Josh Fox. The lady threatened the producer, who was sitting in his car on the road, with a gun for having the temerity to ask questions. Idiotic Hollywood libs were sucked in because they're stupid.

FrackNation - Rotten Tomatoes
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fracknation/&#82... ;
Rating: 50%- &#8206;6 reviews
Review: There are two sides of every story and then there is the truth. FrackNation is the film that will tell the truth about fracking. People across the US..

FrackNation | Variety
variety.com/2013/film/reviews/fracknation-111... ;
Jan 10, 2013 - FrackNation Those nursing the suspicion that Hollywood politics are awash in knee-jerk liberalism may well have their cynicism validated by ...
So when are you having your gas well installed if you think it not true ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Impossible to argue with someone who gets their information from movies...you probably believed the "China Syndrome"...
Stupid comment...go watch more Fox News and tell us what they told you to argue

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I'll tell Muhammad Ali.
It's Mahummad Ali (by the way)really doesn't know what he is. He went from Christianity to One Nation of Islam (Louis Farrakhan) then he became a Sunni--now he is a mystical moslem...bad example to further your agenda. You don't even know his name. Do you know he lived in O'bama's old neighborhood, right next to the hater Farrakhan in Hyde Park? Farrakhan's has been taken off of the Hyde Park, IL record of famous people that have lived there, once the Kenyan Moslem became president.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So why hasn't it happened within those 5 years?
Everyone knows one of the dangers of a stimulus is a risk of inflation.
You've been blabbing how its coming next month for 5 years.
Give it a rest because you obviously have no clue.
What part of they are printing plastic money don't you understand MORAN!!!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

So October 1 is right around the corner. Obamacare is here for most of us.

Everyone ready?

Are wives still covered under their husband's employer insurance...or not?

Guess we're all in for a few of "Pelosi's surprises".

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss something? I don't visit often these days, though I'm sure I'm sorely missed by the Waxturd nitwit crew. I expect them all to show up at any time. Esp. the rabid gay duo of Fenris Electron.
Did Lorac go from a renter to an owner? Did she get the mobile home of her dreams?
"nutsucker"
You have been away? I doubt a soul on this thread even realized you were away.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 909,301 - 909,320 of1,034,724
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••