Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417674 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#990332 Sep 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck on your home purchase Carol. Thanks to the newly formed Consumer Financial Protection Bureau you're a lot less likely to get screwed on the deal but then again that's another thing the Republicans opposed and want defunded.
The Dodd Frank bill never regulated derivatives, the cause of the Financial crisis and it is in charge of $ 1 Trillion in student debt. Who will protect us against that default?

I bet blame Bush will be the Dumbocrat response.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#990334 Sep 27, 2013
Grampy wrote:
Iran's Hasan Rouhani refuses to meet Obama.
Spineless-in-Chief shunned, returns to Washington with his olive branch poking out of his butt.
Poor Barak, cancelled last weekend's golf outing just to hone up on his humble bowing.
Spinning your fairy tales again Grampy? Neither side had any plans nor were there any requests for meetings.
You're a liar and an idiot Grampy!

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#990335 Sep 27, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a Sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.…Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here’. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and Grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
- Senator Barack Obama – March, 2006
It is failure of the federal government. The solution is not the debt ceiling. The solution is up to Congress & the President.

In the late 90's they did their job & matched revenues & spending to have a balanced budget.

Then the American people voted for a man who said that we should "give it back" instead of pay down the debt. He left office with the worst economic mess since the Great Depression.

When recovering rom this mess, slashing spending indiscriminately is not a solution. Government contraction only hurts the recovery.

Unfortunately, Republicans have chosen to work against the recovery & fight to maintain subsidies for big business will cutting said to children.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#990336 Sep 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the ACA was enacted these people would have been in exactly the same predicament. I've stated before that the ACA isn't perfect, there's never been a perfect piece of legislation passed in the history of the country. It's an easy fix however except that the GOP isn't interested in patching up any shortcomings in the legislation, they just want to scrap the whole thing and put everyone back on the tender mercies of big insurance. And if they did these people would still be left out in the cold.
Only the sick degenerate people will sign up, there is no reason for healthy people to be involved with O'bamacare. I am sure they have better ways to spend their own money than on the losers of society. So will they be taking the property tax line off our taxes for the funding of state and county hospitals? no one seems to be able to answer that question. Why would we have to pay for these free county and state run hospitals? hmmmm?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990337 Sep 27, 2013
Celebrate Obamacare and the unions...

'SEIU unionists strike over Obamacare-related cuts'

http://washingtonexaminer.com/seiu-unionists-...
Michelle

Jamaica, NY

#990338 Sep 27, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of "Buyer's Remorse"?
Actually Obama is delivering what he promised in 2008: Obama's Dystopia

Just prior to the 2008 elections, Barack Obama boldly stated,

"We are 5 days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America" (October 30, 2008)

Many among my conservative friends took that to be so much fluff; pretty much liberal boilerplate consistent with his whole "Hope and Change" campaign message.

Given, however, Obama's background, cutting his teeth with the radical leftists/communists of his day (i.e., Frank Marshall Davis, Bernadine Dorn, Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright) I chose to take him at his word. Unlike most of America, conservatives such as myself who actually took the time to vet Obama knew that background and worldview mattered, and that Obama's past gave more than a glimpse of how he intended to govern in the present.

When Obama uttered those words, "..fundamentally transform America" I knew he meant it. It was Obama himself who stated (emphases added),

As radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least, as it's been interpreted and Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the States can't do to you; says what the Federal Government can't do to you, but doesn't state what the Federal government or State Government must do on your behalf.(Barack Obama, June 18, 2001).

There is no question that Barack Obama was unhappy with his perception of unequal distribution of wealth that America so unfairly championed, and that he wanted to transform this nation into something more 'equitable' in his eyes.

The question was how, and to what extent. Just how does one "fundamentally" transform a nation whose very basis for existence is freedom itself?

The only feasible answer is to transform that already-free nation into a nation with fewer freedoms. Given Dinesh D'Souza's brilliant insights as to Obama's worldview engendered by his past, one knew that Obama's absolute contempt for what he saw as America's unequal distribution of wealth would result in his promoting policies that would necessarily stifle economic growth.

Obama's America would no longer be one of unbridled economic opportunity; rather, America would be a nation of egalitarian outcomes, regardless of effort; to coin a phrase, to each according to his needs; from each according to his means.

As a means of bringing about this transformation, America could no longer be a free nation. Nowhere as free, at least, as it was at the time when he assumed his presidency. Liberties would need to be forsaken to bring about his vision of utopia. The free market system would need to be reined in, and done so in no small measure. Obama would have four years, eight at most, to make this happen.

This transformation would need to be done quickly, and in a big way.

Enter ObamaCare, America's first stop on its train ride to Utopia.

Against the wishes of 60-70 percent of Americans, and without the vetting of Congressional legislators who rammed through the legislation, the United States Federal Government took control of a full one-seventh of the American economy, which had the net effect of driving up the cost of health care for all involved, taking away freedom of choice, relegating freedom of conscience incompatible with the party line to irrelevancy, while at the same time having the no-doubt intended effect of casting a chilling pall on America's ability to sustain economic growth and prosperity.

For those who wish to argue regarding this latter point, how better to right the wrongs of the perceived injustice of unequally-distributed wealth than to stifle the engine that creates such wealth?

Aspers, PA

#990339 Sep 27, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if you did some research and that was an "aha" moment.
But just in case...
The Office of Personnel Management decreed that the rules that will apply to all other Americans who must enter the ObamaCare exchanges won’t apply to those working for Congress: They’ll get to keep their employer-provided subsidies which will cover 75 percent of their premiums, largely shielding Congress and their staff from the impact of higher premiums created by ObamaCare.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/carrielukas/2013/...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/07/usa...
Look Carol, you said Congress was exempt. They are not.

They must participate in the exchanges.

Currently, say their health benefits are covered 75%. Participating in the exchanges does not mean they lose the monetary value of their health benefit. Their employer will still cover that same percentage of the cost.

You people are truly dumber than sh*t.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990340 Sep 27, 2013
more from the 'you will know me by the company I keep' file...

"Keith Kakugawa, who played the role of an older brother to Obama when they were growing up in Hawaii, allegedly attacked the woman in her apartment after going out to dinner with her on Sept. 13."

http://moonbattery.com/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#990341 Sep 27, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of "Buyer's Remorse"?
i haven't but you have.

not so nice to see you're using your pre-Romney name again.
-- - - _ _ _SELORNAPADEN

Maracay, Venezuela

#990342 Sep 27, 2013
REDNEX ON METH
TRUTH OUT

LOW INCOME
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A (BUTCH) D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T ..
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T .
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
r
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T

WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T

WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
ar
both
from
P A D E N
O K L A H O M A
who
go
by
different
names
on
TOPIX
havin
fun
makin
trouble
with
people
on
these
AA FORUMS
just
a
heads
up
on
who
u r
dealin
with
T M T
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
LOSERS
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
othr
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
LOSERS
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
TOPIX
among
many
other
names
L O R N A
D A V I S
and
her
hub
D A V I D
D A V I S
are
both
LOSERS
WHITE
RACIST
REDNEX
L O R N A
D A V I S
is
E X T E N D E D
F A M I L Y
on
IS
A
LOSER
Michelle

Jamaica, NY

#990343 Sep 27, 2013
Obamacare is but stop one on America's train ride to Obama's Dystopia. Obama's seeming assault on everything traditional America has held dear for centuries appears to have taken on epidemic proportions.

Remember -- Obama only has three years left. Those who haven't yet felt the pinch of his "transformations," most likely have not yet realized that they, too, have in fact been pinched.

Obama's willing media accomplices can only cover for him for so long before a critical mass of Americans, admittedly as dull as many of them may be, will start to put two-and-two together and finally determine that the hopey-changey unicorn jockey they voted for may actually have had something to do with the plight in which they suddenly find themselves.

Then what?

When the critical mass of Americans finally wake up one morning, to find that they have been played as chumps, they are liable to get a bit -- shall we say, testy. When this inevitability finally does come home to roost, The TEA party protests that grew out of Rick Santelli's historic February, 2009 rant will no doubt look like a series of school pep rallies. Such civil unrest would certainly be difficult to quell, and will no doubt be yet another bump in the tracks on the way to Obama's Dystopian dream.

What to do, what do do? You can't just sic the military on the troublemakers. Well, you could, I suppose, but then you risk pissing off your fellow travelers who have had a history of contempt for men and women in uniform.

What to do?

Since, at least philosophy- and policy-wise, one can take Obama at his word, one may get a clue as to Obama's plans by again, studying his own
non-TelePrompter inspired rhetoric:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded." -- Barack Obama, July, 2008.

Yeah -- remember that phrase? Neither did a lot of other people.

Like the rest of Obama's sordid past and rhetoric that if brought to the light of day would have rendered his election impossible, the media (true to their sycophantic nature) pretty much glossed over that little tidbit. A powerful civilian security force. Remind you of anyone?

So when you see articles like this, or like this, or like this, and then think, aww-- take off that tinfoil hat! You're just blowing smoke. That would never really happen here. There's no way.

Just remember. I didn't put those words into Barack Obama's mouth.

He did.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990344 Sep 27, 2013
Strippers and politics...

"Now Revealed by Stripper: Booker’s Twitter Messages"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/nyregion/no...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990345 Sep 27, 2013
Liberals....silly Liberals!

confiscating trash cans...

"Recently, the liberal brain-trust in Hennepin County in Minnesota decided to do what is right for the environment by....um, confiscating 3,000 trash cans from county employees and replacing each with a new 1 quart -- yes, 1 quart -- model."

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Liberalism-is-F...

Aspers, PA

#990346 Sep 27, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, and your immature, insulting rant proves I'm right about your idea of what's "truth."
You've proven nothing except your unconditional loyalty to the Obama administration.
Where is that definition that you claim you new? Come on, big mouth. Put up or STFU.

Where is that link to that employment post you made? The one with false information.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#990347 Sep 27, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as nuts as giving Obama a Nobel prize
Obama calls Nobel Committee: OR ELSE!!

?

though it usually helps when you have some leverage.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#990348 Sep 27, 2013
Nancy Pelosi, on amendments, and the debt ceiling...

“Well, me, I’m with the 11th Amendment, is it the 11th Amendment that – 14th is it? Whatever it is, I’m with the Constitution of the United States.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/#sthash.7JUkO...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#990349 Sep 27, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Celebrate Obamacare and the unions...
'SEIU unionists strike over Obamacare-related cuts'
“latest excuse in a long line of many that we’ve seen from corporate America.”

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#990350 Sep 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It is failure of the federal government. The solution is not the debt ceiling. The solution is up to Congress & the President.
In the late 90's they did their job & matched revenues & spending to have a balanced budget.
Then the American people voted for a man who said that we should "give it back" instead of pay down the debt. He left office with the worst economic mess since the Great Depression.
When recovering rom this mess, slashing spending indiscriminately is not a solution. Government contraction only hurts the recovery.
Unfortunately, Republicans have chosen to work against the recovery & fight to maintain subsidies for big business will cutting said to children.
Recovery? Are we talking shovel ready jobs?

Obama has input into the O-conomy $ 7 Trillion through deficit spending and the Fed is complicit in printing almost $ 4 Trillion.

When will Dumbocrats realize randomly throwing money into an economy is not the answer? I believe they will never learn since they need that money to make promises to stay in power and buy votes.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#990351 Sep 27, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
Looks like Obama is toast...
NY Times Poll: People Prefer Default to Increasing the Debt Limit Without Cuts
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/09/26...
Even Moody's said they would not downgrade the U.S. from their triple A rating if the government shut down.

The government has shut down several times. And Yet? no one cared. The democrats who controlled the Senate and the House,(the complete Congress and the presidency)(Jimmah Carter) shut the government down three times for Abortion.
LCNLin

United States

#990352 Sep 27, 2013
Amusing tripe?
Michelle wrote:
Obamacare is but stop one on America's train ride to Obama's Dystopia. Obama's seeming assault on everything traditional America has held dear for centuries appears to have taken on epidemic proportions.
Remember -- Obama only has three years left. Those who haven't yet felt the pinch of his "transformations," most likely have not yet realized that they, too, have in fact been pinched.
Obama's willing media accomplices can only cover for him for so long before a critical mass of Americans, admittedly as dull as many of them may be, will start to put two-and-two together and finally determine that the hopey-changey unicorn jockey they voted for may actually have had something to do with the plight in which they suddenly find themselves.
Then what?
When the critical mass of Americans finally wake up one morning, to find that they have been played as chumps, they are liable to get a bit -- shall we say, testy. When this inevitability finally does come home to roost, The TEA party protests that grew out of Rick Santelli's historic February, 2009 rant will no doubt look like a series of school pep rallies. Such civil unrest would certainly be difficult to quell, and will no doubt be yet another bump in the tracks on the way to Obama's Dystopian dream.
What to do, what do do? You can't just sic the military on the troublemakers. Well, you could, I suppose, but then you risk pissing off your fellow travelers who have had a history of contempt for men and women in uniform.
What to do?
Since, at least philosophy- and policy-wise, one can take Obama at his word, one may get a clue as to Obama's plans by again, studying his own
non-TelePrompter inspired rhetoric:
"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded." -- Barack Obama, July, 2008.
Yeah -- remember that phrase? Neither did a lot of other people.
Like the rest of Obama's sordid past and rhetoric that if brought to the light of day would have rendered his election impossible, the media (true to their sycophantic nature) pretty much glossed over that little tidbit. A powerful civilian security force. Remind you of anyone?
So when you see articles like this, or like this, or like this, and then think, aww-- take off that tinfoil hat! You're just blowing smoke. That would never really happen here. There's no way.
Just remember. I didn't put those words into Barack Obama's mouth.
He did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 21 min OzRitz 10,064
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 256,546
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 32,324
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr zef 311,604
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web