Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419508 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#989560 Sep 25, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A stab in the heart is not a kink. Get real or get lost.
You and your fellow rethugs are the ones who are intent on stabbing people in the heart. "Death Panels" indeed. Such idiots.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#989562 Sep 25, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
tell that to the folks who paid zero for health insurance (and healthcare) before obamacare.
I'm talking about responsible folks that pay their bills and don't use the ER as a primary care physician.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#989564 Sep 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was still speaking Wednesday morning as his marathon effort to block funding for the health care law passed its 15th hour.
Cruz took the floor at 2:41 p.m. ET on Tuesday, vowing to speak until he is "no longer able to stand." Over the course of his more than 15 hours on the floor, Cruz likened his doubters to Nazi appeasers and read the beloved Dr. Seuss classic "Green Eggs and Ham."
But under Senate rules, Cruz's lengthy speech is not actually a filibuster. In fact, the junior senator from Texas even negotiated the terms of his speech ahead of time with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV).
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cruz-st...
All Cruz is doing is grandstanding. Typical republican ploy....make a lot of noise to hide the FACT that they are accomplishing absolutely nothing.
WOW

New York, NY

#989565 Sep 25, 2013
Masters of Wisdom are men like us who have gone ahead of us in evolution and have now perfected themselves by the very same steps we are taking today. They have learned the every lesson the earth has to teach them, have undergone every disappointment, humiliation, and pain, and are now members of the Spiritual Kingdom or the Kingdom of God or Heaven. Therefore the earth has no further to offer them and most of them have moved on to other higher planets within and outside our solar system.

They have many names, the Great White Brotherhood, the Society of Illumined Minds, the Elder Brothers of humanity, the Teachers, the Guides, the Mahatmas, the Masters of Wisdom and Lords of Compassion. As a group they are known as the Spiritual Hierarchy. Ordinary people refer to them, as Angels and they are the Angels mentioned in Christianity.

Some of them have remained on earth for millennia living occultly in the mountainous and desert regions of earth beneficently overseeing the evolution of their fellow men and women. Some of them are quite well known names in every field of human endeavour both religious and secular such as science, philosophy, literature, art, music, economics, and politics.

Those who are in incarnation, some of them were born to the world in the normal way while others live in their self created bodies of illusion (mayavirupa). They do not suffer from diseases as we do, do not grow old as fast as we do and some of them are thousands of years old. They do not even have to eat, drink or sleep and can appear and disappear at will. They are omniscient and some of them are omnipresent and are able to see the past, present and future as one in the eternal now.

All the Masters belong to one of the 7 major ashrams (groups) depending on their soul ray, the seven energies that control the universe (the first three energies are known as the Trinity). Master Morya (St Peter) is a Master in the first ray ashram. Master Koot Humi (St John the Beloved) and Master Djwhal Khul (writer of Alice Bailey teachings) are in the 2nd ray ashram. English master is in the third ray ashram. Master Serapis, Mozart and Beethovan are Masters in the 4th ray ashram. Master Hilarian (St Paul) is a Master in the 5th ray ashram. Master Jesus and the Master who was Madonna are in the 6th ray ashram. Master Rakoczi is a Master in the 7th ray Ashram. He was known as the Comte de St Germain and, before that, in England, He was known as Roger Bacon and later again as Francis Bacon.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#989566 Sep 25, 2013
Freedom...

"Meet the Woman Who's on a Quest to Have Sex with 100,000 Me"

http://www.vice.com/read/meet-the-woman-who-w...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#989567 Sep 25, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
dude!!! Didn't you read dumbass dave's post? You need to check your sources "leanings" before citing them. Now apologize to the group.
Injun Jo is playing on his "indian" roll card...

so he gets a pass!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989568 Sep 25, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
dude!!! Didn't you read dumbass dave's post? You need to check your sources "leanings" before citing them. Now apologize to the group.
leanings? so are all the right wing nutjobs going to take that to heart?

give me a break. you folks are living in fantasy world filled with hypocrisy, and i've been going out of my way to post 'leaning' articles for that very reason. get used to it. this forum is not a one way street.

so try this....

"In these 21 hours, even the hours leading up to it, the criticisms of Ted Cruz from his own party. The attempt to ruin him and mock him in his own party and from the so-called conservative media. And then of all places Fox News trashing all over this, and Fox News essentially blaming me and other conservative media for making Ted Cruz what he is.

Brit Hume, of all people, essentially said that Ted Cruz is who he is because he’s being pressured by people like me. And left to his own devices, Cruz might not be doing this, is the implication. He didn’t actually say that. I was literally stunned watching this. The fact that even after 21 hours, even at the beginning of it, they cannot at least admit that this is who the man is. He doesn’t need any advisers here. He doesn’t need any pressure. The man is not a coward. Ted Cruz isn’t afraid of anybody. The real question is, what is the Republican establishment afraid of? What are some of these conservative media types at Fox News afraid of? What is the Washington establishment on the Republican side afraid of? Government shutdown, losing elections, what do you guys think you’ve been doing?"

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/25/republ...

which way is that leaning?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989569 Sep 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
All Cruz is doing is grandstanding. Typical republican ploy....make a lot of noise to hide the FACT that they are accomplishing absolutely nothing.
he thinks he's going to run for POTUS, though he won't even make it through the primaries at this point. just think of how the GOP establishment is going to treat him after this.
WOW

New York, NY

#989570 Sep 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama grandstands and lies everyday what cruz is doing is what a DEMOCRACY PERMITS its what obama is bombing peoples country that didnt ask him to butt in their Sovrigen countries business while his Family members are killing children with drive by in his lol hometown your home town is where you went to public school;Jr high and high school
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989571 Sep 25, 2013
Limbaugh Attacks Fox News, GOP Establishment For "Trashing" Sen. Cruz

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/09/25/limb...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989572 Sep 25, 2013
Senate advances ObamaCare, budget bill after marathon Cruz speech

Cruz's speech was a symbolic stand, as he was not actually able to stall the bill at this point. In the end, he and every other senator voted to advance the bill and proceed to debate. The vote was 100-0. But Cruz, anticipating that Reid will re-fund ObamaCare, is trying to rally Republicans and moderate Democrats to join in blocking the bill before it comes to a final vote. Another test vote, which will require 60 senators to proceed, is expected in the coming days.

What comes next is a complicated set of procedural maneuvers, with no clear outcome.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/25/se...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#989573 Sep 25, 2013
When the MSM is on vacation, we get this...

“So what we did — it’s paid for by a combination of things. We did raise taxes on some things.”

1)
"Obamacare Medical Device Tax: Medical device manufacturers employ 409,000 people in 12,000 plants across the country. Obamacare imposes a new 2.3 percent excise tax on gross sales – even if the company does not earn a profit in a given year."

2)
"Obamacare High Medical Bills Tax: Before Obamacare, Americans facing high medical expenses were allowed a deduction to the extent that those expenses exceeded 7.5 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI). Obamacare now imposes a threshold of 10 percent of AGI. Therefore, Obamacare not only makes it more difficult to claim this deduction, it widens the net of taxable income."

"...10 million families took advantage of this tax deduction in 2009..."

http://atr.org/obama-obamacare-raise-taxes-th...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989574 Sep 25, 2013
McCain knocks Cruz for comparison to Nazi appeasers

“That allegation, in my view, does a great disservice, a great disservice for those brave Americans and those who stood up and said,‘What’s happening in Europe cannot stand.’… There were many who raised their voices, and then there were those who went to war because of the barbaric and great threat to civilization and everything we stand for — amongst them were my father and my grandfather,” McCain said.

“I spoke to Sen. Cruz about my dissatisfaction about his use of this language, and he said he only intended it to be applied to pundits and not to members of the Senate. I find that a difference without distinction,” McCain said.

“Because I have an open and honest disagreement with the process of not agreeing to move forward with legislation which I agree with, which was passed through the House of Representatives and comparing it to those who appeased, who were the appeasers, as Sen. Cruz described them, is an inappropriate place for debate on the floor of the United States Senate,” McCain concluded.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/25/mccain-knoc...
WOW

New York, NY

#989575 Sep 25, 2013
Let the disciple seize hold of the tail of the serpent of wisdom, and having with firmness grasped it, let him follow it into the deepest centre of the Hall of Wisdom. Let him not be betrayed into the trap set for him by the serpent of illusion, but let him shut his eyes to the colourful tracery upon its back, and his ears to the melody of its voice. Let him discern the jewel, set in the forehead of the serpent whose tail he holds, and by its radiance traverse the miry halls of maya (illusion)."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989576 Sep 25, 2013
Conservatives Who Hate Government Control Over Families Should Support Same-Sex Marriage

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

duh.
TEA PARTY

Smithfield, NC

#989578 Sep 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAVE YOU READ THE 20,000 PAGES BILL DUMB ASS?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#989579 Sep 25, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Freedom...
"Meet the Woman Who's on a Quest to Have Sex with 100,000 Me"
http://www.vice.com/read/meet-the-woman-who-w...
"ex-graphic designer"

didn't Pelosi say obamacare would allow people like her to follow their dreams?
WOW

New York, NY

#989580 Sep 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he thinks he's going to run for POTUS, though he won't even make it through the primaries at this point. just think of how the GOP establishment is going to treat him after this.
It seems the democrats really dont know what a democracy really is they are more intuned to a dictatorship that is homosexual based

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#989581 Sep 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
doesn't matter what you 'think'.
CSPAN Reminds Viewers That Cruz's Overnight Speech Is Not A Filibuster (PHOTO)
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cspan-r...
If you really want them to pay attention, you have to quote FOX "News":

"Cruz's address on the Senate floor was not technically a filibuster like Paul's because he is not technically able to stop the Senate from holding a test vote on Wednesday."

"Since Monday, however, Cruz has lost the support of many of his Republican colleagues. GOP leaders want to defund the law, but don't think stalling the bill in the Senate is the best way forward. For some, the position Cruz wants lawmakers to take is counterintuitive."

IMO, "Counterintuitive" pretty much sums up the Tea Party.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/25/cr...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#989582 Sep 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
leanings? so are all the right wing nutjobs going to take that to heart?
give me a break. you folks are living in fantasy world filled with hypocrisy, and i've been going out of my way to post 'leaning' articles for that very reason. get used to it. this forum is not a one way street.
so try this....
"In these 21 hours, even the hours leading up to it, the criticisms of Ted Cruz from his own party. The attempt to ruin him and mock him in his own party and from the so-called conservative media. And then of all places Fox News trashing all over this, and Fox News essentially blaming me and other conservative media for making Ted Cruz what he is.
Brit Hume, of all people, essentially said that Ted Cruz is who he is because he’s being pressured by people like me. And left to his own devices, Cruz might not be doing this, is the implication. He didn’t actually say that. I was literally stunned watching this. The fact that even after 21 hours, even at the beginning of it, they cannot at least admit that this is who the man is. He doesn’t need any advisers here. He doesn’t need any pressure. The man is not a coward. Ted Cruz isn’t afraid of anybody. The real question is, what is the Republican establishment afraid of? What are some of these conservative media types at Fox News afraid of? What is the Washington establishment on the Republican side afraid of? Government shutdown, losing elections, what do you guys think you’ve been doing?"
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/25/republ...
which way is that leaning?
take a chill pill, sonic. Dumbass dave's making the rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min John-K 311,627
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 256,564
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Trojan 32,332
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Earthling-1 10,065
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web