Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521412 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#989237 Sep 25, 2013
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>A strong case was made that the 10:00 PM phone call on September 11 last year between Hillary Clinton and President Obama may be the conversation that led to the bogus story of an anti-Muslim video setting off "demonstrations" in Benghazi that led to the deaths of Americans.
Fraud flows from the top down, not the mid-level up. Mid-level officials in the White House and the State Department do not call the shots -- they carry out orders. They also were not running for reelection in 2012 or positioning themselves for a campaign in 2016. The people doing that were, respectively, President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton.
Obama and Clinton had been the architects of American foreign policy. As Election Day 2012 loomed, each of them had a powerful motive to promote the impressions (a) that al-Qaeda had been decimated; (b) that the administration's deft handling of the Arab Spring -- by empowering Islamists -- had been a boon for democracy, regional stability, and American national security; and (c) that our real security problem was "Islamophobia" and the "violent extremism" it allegedly causes -- which was why Obama and Clinton had worked for years with Islamists, both overseas and at home, to promote international resolutions that would make it illegal to incite hostility to Islam, the First Amendment be damned.
All of that being the case, I am puzzled why so little attention has been paid to the Obama-Clinton phone call at 10 p.m. on the night of September 11.
Even in the conservative press, it has become received wisdom that President Obama was AWOL on the night of September 11, after first being informed by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, in the late afternoon, that the State Department facility in Benghazi was under attack.
You hear it again and again: While Americans were under attack, the commander-in-chief checked out, leaving subordinates
to deal with the crisis while he got his beauty sleep in preparation for a fundraising campaign trip to Vegas.
That is not true ... and the truth, as we've come to expect with Obama, is almost surely WORSE.
There is good reason to believe that while Americans were still fighting for their lives in Benghazi, while NO military efforts were being made to rescue them, and while those desperately trying to rescue them were being told to stand down, the president was busy shaping the "blame the video" narrative to which his administration clung in the aftermath.
Jay Carney first revealed the existence of the phone call and the time in February. Hillary Clinton confirmed she spoke to Obama "later that evening."
What was said between the two?
We now know from the e-mails and TV clips that, by Sunday morning, the White House staff, State Department minions, and Susan Rice were all in agreement that the video fairy tale, peppered with indignant rebukes of Islamophobia, was the way to go.
How do you suppose they got that idea?
The theory makes sense. What's more, there may be a phone log of the conversation and what was discussed in the records of both principles.
That would be a fascinating document to discover.
My God, rally? The President called the Secretary of State about an consulate attack. Wow. It must be a conspiracy.

You people are dumber than sh*t.

The call was to provide Clinton with an update.

The video was in the CIA talking points memo.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#989238 Sep 25, 2013
"Ca ca ca Cruuuz, Cruuuz"!!

"No green eggs, no spam, no odumbocare"!!

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#989239 Sep 25, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Why would anyone believe a liar like you?
We know there were riots in several cities about that video.
It is entirely feasible that the attack in Benghazi was spurred by this video. To assume Benghazi was immune from this video is ridiculous. It made perfect good sense to consider that possibility immediately following the attack.
There was no lie. Only a bunch of people who would use the deaths of 4 Ameicasns political fodder.
So why did Obama and Hillary lie?

General Ham: Knew early that Benghazi was terrorist attack

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/20/form...

Aspers, PA

#989240 Sep 25, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a thought. Why don't you compare what you're being told with the real world and the definitions in the English language, then determine if:
A) What you're being indoctrinated with makes sense in the English language; and
B) If you're being lied to.
You were the one accusing a poster of not knowing the definition of a filibuster when it was you.

Cruz blabbing will not stop scheduled vote.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#989241 Sep 25, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, rally? The President called the Secretary of State about an consulate attack. Wow. It must be a conspiracy.
The call was to provide Clinton with an update?

Where was she while 4 Americans were murdered?
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#989242 Sep 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted was talking about FOX.
And Bush was talking about Obama and Iran. Yesterday's UN spectacle proved Bush was spot on!

How about those crippling sanctions! Iran has doubled their plutonium production capabilities since Obama got them imposed.

India, China, Malaysia, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Taiwan, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, and the UK were all recently granted exemptions to those crippling sanctions. Seems like only OPEC members and other oil exporters are subject to those sanctions now.

Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#989243 Sep 25, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He called her to see if she could come over to the white house and answer the phone if it rings around 3 am.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#989244 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
She was with Huma, late night dining at the "Y"?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#989245 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
The call was to provide Clinton with an update?
Where was obama and Hillary when stockpiles of missiles and weapons were stolen in Benghazi fueling the Al Qaeda terrorist killings in a Kenyan Mall??

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989247 Sep 25, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Where was obama and Hillary when stockpiles of missiles and weapons were stolen in Benghazi fueling the Al Qaeda terrorist killings in a Kenyan Mall??
It's the culture...
lol

let's see you cite that one. i dare ya.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#989250 Sep 25, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bush was talking about Obama and Iran. Yesterday's UN spectacle proved Bush was spot on!
How about those crippling sanctions! Iran has doubled their plutonium production capabilities since Obama got them imposed.
India, China, Malaysia, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Taiwan, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, and the UK were all recently granted exemptions to those crippling sanctions. Seems like only OPEC members and other oil exporters are subject to those sanctions now.
doubled?

i don't believe what right wing Israelis say any more than i do what you say. or did Iran just admit to doubling it? or is someone just guessing?
TSM

United States

#989251 Sep 25, 2013
Another embarrassment for Obama, Iranian president Rouhani blows off meeting with Obama…WOW!!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#989252 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did Obama and Hillary lie?
General Ham: Knew early that Benghazi was terrorist attack
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/20/form...
He sure did. There are others that did as well and they all have been silenced.(for now)
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#989254 Sep 25, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Pig, pig, pig, you self-important, ignorant, fat sl*t. You're made a mockery of by every poster on here who's got an IQ over 60 You're on here all day, every day, then all night -- past midnight. Even your husband can't stand to be around your incessant self-referencing blather and stench, so he's likely still out, or drugged to sleep as you type righty loon sh!t into the early hours.
Like some dumb beast, You lick the hind end of your betters (the rich, whom you believe pick up your tab), and disdain your own class -- the poor -- believing (like the pathetic ninny you are) that they brought it on themselves, refuse to work, are druggies, blah, blah blah. And all the while, you resource sucking leech, you try lamely to demean and defame THE PRESIDENT WHO HAS MANAGED TO ACCOMPLISH MUCH AGAINST THE CRUSHING ODDS OF A BUNCH PARISITIC "CONSERVATIVE" THUGS WHO'S ONLY MISSION IS TO SEE THAT HE FAILS, AS THEY CONTINUE TO DRAIN THE PUBLIC TRUST COMPLETELY AND REMORSELESSLY, WHILE REWARDING THE WAR PROFITEERS TO THE BITTER END.
You are the fat, ignorant drama queen supreme, and will one day bring the violence you claim to abhor down upon your ugly, crap-filled head, probably by opening your fat mouth to the wrong person, IF you ever get out, that is. Maybe one will crawl through that cheap trailer window one night, and give you what you so richly deserve. You and your ilk are a foul stain on this country (you've made us a laughing stock world-wide -- the "proud American," who doesn't have a pottopissin but believe they'll BRING DOWN THE PRESIDENT. And it look like finally something has gotten through to your miserable traitorous self, since you're attempting to lamely respond to each and every of my posts.
Yes, carol, you are a filthy old diabet ictraiter and a sponge on resources. All you worry about is where YOUR medical payments (and likely 20 difference meds) will come from. The man who sits outside the grocery with his dog is a vet with PTSD; he has broken teeth and a torn coat and shoes with the soles worn thin. He likely lives in a tent in the dunes somewhere with his dog, while your self-satisfied stupid azz sits all day and tries to demean the president from the safety of your filthy trailer. You're an embarrassment to this thread, but believe you are somehow magically capable of SARCASM. You, carol, are hardly capable of stringing together 2 sentences without several HILARIOUS grammar honkers, EX-TEACHER (hahahaha). You're a joke with no punch line, carol. Maybe the punchline will be your death, where you get to find out that your religion is a loadofsh!t, right before the lights go out for good.
Scum.
If it's ghetto, illiterate, and idiot, it's ignorant, loser, and liberal...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#989255 Sep 25, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
GFY with a rusty spike, you backwoods piece of c&&t christain...
If it's ghetto, illiterate and idiot, it's dangerous and liberal..

It's the culture...
WOW

New York, NY

#989256 Sep 25, 2013
my father was a harvard-trained capitalist economist my
mother was a consultant for the world bank and white-savior-industrial complex
who am i?
by brian kwoba
if you really want to know me
take a look at the trees the apple fell from
my father was a foreign student
born and raised in a small village in kenya
went to school in a tin-roof shack
his father
my grandfather
was a shopkeeper who had larger dreams for his son
through hard work and perseverance
my father got a scholarship to study in a magical place
america
and while studying here my father met my mother
she was born in a town on the other side of the world
in kansas
her father worked on oil rigs as a geologist
my grandmother Toots started out as a bank teller
these are the trees of my apple
so who am i?
some say my parents were CIA agents
i’m not sure
but they did meet in a russian language course
at the height of the cold war
at the US government’s east-west center in the pacific
picture a summer hollywood blockbuster
a black and white espionage thriller
where tomb raider meets shaft
but they’re both nerds
my mother worked for ford foundation and USAID
as a secular missionary for uncle sam’s gospel in the pacific
my father gave me little more than my pigment
and the vestigial african identities hiding beneath my names
because of his absence
i’m still haunted by many
dreams from my father
i am a kenyan-american
born in hawaii
but i went to elementary school in indonesia
picture a vast archipelago
17,000 islands between the indian and pacific oceans
where the dutch came to introduce thievery, bribery, slavery
and the blessings of christ
picture a proud people rising up
declaring independence
where the ringing of revolution triggered the security alarms
of world domination in washington
where i now live with my family
picture the CIA sponsoring a coup
imagine that!
putting in power a ruthless army general called
suharto
this mega-murder-monster strangled over a million hearts beating with indignation
into 17,000 droplets in the bloodbath of his baptism
as a loyal US ally
suharto brought peace and stability to indonesia
like a napalm bomb dropped into a sanctuary of
butterfly
wings crushed in the vice grip of a bald eagle’s talons
i was only 4 years old
when my mother married an officer in the suharto regime
Lolo was a great role model
he gave me blood red gloves
turned my fists into apples under the dark tree of his guidance
he taught me how to box
and he taught me that if indonesia wants to commit genocide
in west papua or east timor
with american weapons
nobody here would hear because the
signatures on the arms shipments belonged to my respectable forebears
like lyndon johnson and jimmy carter you see i have cultivated the image of being raised by a single mother

with humble beginnings

but let me be clear

my father was a harvard-trained capitalist economist my

mother was a consultant for the world bank and white-savior-industrial complex my

step-father was an indonesian war criminal and oil company executive my

grandmother broke glass ceilings to become a corporate bankster at bank of hawaii my

oh my

i guess the apple

didn’t fall far from the trees

who am i?

Brian Kwoba is a PhD student at Oxford University and is working on a dissertation about the "father of Harlem radicalism" Hubert H. Harrison. He can be contacted at [email protected]

Aspers, PA

#989258 Sep 25, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
The sanctions called for countries to reduce their imports of Iranian oil. When countries met that goal, they were given a exemption.

So an exemption is a sign that those counties you listed did their part.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#989259 Sep 25, 2013
blurt wrote:
How come you rat's nest of conservatard losers always hide your location, as if anybody cares what state you sponge in. I want you to know where I am, so that if you live say, in some sinkhole like FL, GA or Tecas, you can imagine laughing myself silly at your lot in life. I could literally be homeless and still be better off than you disaffected gaggle of imbeciles who spend your days typing into the ozone. A person can be gone for a year (like me) and come back to find the same human turds floating in the toxic topix stream, cutting and pasting and moralizing and hammering on about the President, slinging insults that have no effect on their targets (unlike mine, that obviously hit home). The majority of you get kicked off, and come back with the same sorry-azzed tripe. And then you have the balls to complain if somebody gets "nasyt."
Aren't you too old for this? Shouldn't you be making out your wills or something? Getting lipo or botox? Fertilizing your azalea bushes? Flossing what's left of your teeth? Mucking out the trailer? Checking your tire inflation? What could possibly motivate even low-IQ nose pickers like yourselves to behave like this day after day after day? What the hell is the story of this waxturd creature who slaps judgits on posts all night long? A carol? A fen? The crazy azz who keeps screaming about Jews? The loony fake Jew?
I can only imagine that Death will be a blessing when it finally comes for you. I mean, just today I hiked for 2 hours, then I went to Fred Meyers for a coffee, and while I was at it I got a sandwich and a coffee for a homeless man, and food and water for his dog. You scum are useless -- drains on the planet. You all need to die quickly. The world can't afford you anymore.
Koo koo

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#989260 Sep 25, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you believe I'm young, you old w**re? Even you can't be that stupid. Do you believe that if I were young, you could somehow claim superior wisdom, that you could be faux condescending with impunity, you clueless glutton-for-punishment beitch?
its not that you're young. Its that you're a pedophile.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#989261 Sep 25, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Your ignorance just rose it's ugly head. They aren't "Obamaphones", they're "Bushphones". Geez. Educate yourself.
FACT: The government program to provide low-income people with a free or low cost cell phone started in 2008 under George W. Bush.
obamaphone was coined by an Obama supporter. Your side owns it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Susanm 313,940
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun SomePhaarts 32,913
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web