Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1535664 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#989125 Sep 24, 2013
We've become numb nowadays to violence. After the Columbine massacre, people needed to talk about it on shows like Oprah, and President Clinton even held a forum addressing this kind of unexpected violence. We were all in shock.

Then came 9/11. Following that, more shocking mass murders.

With all the human suffering going on now in the Middle East on top of the domestic violence that seems to be occurring on a routine basis here and in Chicago, I think we've just become numb.

We're still shocked - just numb.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989127 Sep 24, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know WTF you're babbling about, w**re; neither do I care what you mean or don't mean. I consider you an aged anencephalic. And I think I've stated before that you're as funny as a fart in a spacesuit. You? Toy with somebody? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
(Go "red flag" your fatazz, and put a sign on it, "wide load."
You would never say that to my face. If you ever met me.

It's easy to be obnoxious on a forum like this. But you would never say that to me in person. Trust me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989128 Sep 24, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Greta van Susteren, who has 2 law degrees, said she read the whole mthing and couldn't understand hardly any of it. It's a disaster, a playbook for fascism from the IRS and the Sec. of HHS.
Who was it that said, "If you can't convince them, confuse them"?

Oh, yeah, it was Harry S. Truman...a Democrat.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989130 Sep 24, 2013
The affordability glitch is one of a series of problems coming into sharper focus as the law moves to full implementation.(ďIRS: Some Families Who Canít Afford Coverage On The Job Canít Get Government Aid To Buy Health Plans,Ē The Associated Press, 1/30/13)

Some families could get priced out of health insurance due to whatís being called a glitch in President Barack Obamaís overhaul law. IRS regulations issued Wednesday failed to fix the problem as liberal backers of the presidentís plan had hoped.(ďIRS: Some Families Who Canít Afford Coverage On The Job Canít Get Government Aid To Buy Health Plans,Ē The Associated Press, 1/30/13)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989132 Sep 24, 2013
This is the problem with our "Tiger Woods wanna be" president.

After 9/11 and sending troops into harm's way, Bush stopped playing golf.

After threatening to drop bombs in Syria and turning people into pudding (as O'Reilly put it), Obama immediately went out and played golf.

Obama also played golf right before he was called off the course to witness the Navy Seals killing bin Laden. Of course, he also played cards leading up to the raid because it was "too intense".

It seems golf is not just a way to relax for this president but a way to escape being the president.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989133 Sep 24, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I would, disease-ridden, geriatric woofer, and I have. Trust ME.
No...you wouldn't. You wouldn't have the nerve. You'd be too embarrassed and would even apologize for these posts.

And I would forgive you being young and naÔve.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989135 Sep 24, 2013
Some families could get priced out of health insurance due to whatís being called a glitch in President Barack Obamaís overhaul law. IRS regulations issued Wednesday failed to fix the problem as liberal backers of the presidentís plan had hoped.

A glitch?

What an understatement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#989136 Sep 24, 2013
70 year old man was beaten for no apparent reason by a group of young men that would look like Obama's sons. any outrage ? any cries of racism ? any national news coverage? any threats of riots ? any words of disgust from Sharpton or Jackson mobs?? must be the color of the victim and the animals that did this were not in the right order to be used for the progressives racist agenda. if the colors were opposite this is all you would hear about for months.

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#989142 Sep 24, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll anxiously await your stupid f**king answer. Yeah, suuuuuure I will.
Speaking of stupid, how is an answer "f**king", and do you always use 100+ words to tell someone their opinion is irrelevant?

Oh yeah, one more thing - grow up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989144 Sep 24, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
stop encouraging the little blowhard.
Just a distraction. Nothing more. These posters get old real quick. They tend to come and go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989145 Sep 24, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hilarious, in the vilest sort of way, to watch you toggle stupidly back and forth between fear and mindless rage and loathing. It's like an open window into your filthy, diseased soul.
There's nothing you can do, you pig, about a world that's changing all around, and leaving your useless soon-to-be dead sac of rotting organs behind.
Enjoy your faux martyrdom to your idiotic notion of what should be in your circumscribed little faux Christ-stain world. Rend your stained housecoat, carol. Watching you lay bare your filthy, thinly-disguised envy and cupidity is like a day at the sea shore.
Just curious. Do you have bunny slippers on?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989146 Sep 24, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you escape being YOU, you filthy lying mouthpiece for the lowest of the bottom feeders? What could you possibly do to blot out the terrible knowledge that you'll only get uglier. You can't possibly get any more stupid. You'd have to be dead.
I'm confident that your obsession with this half-black President will speed you on your way to meet your jeebus.
Did I mention I was just toying with you about the electric shock treatments earlier? Oh, yes, I did.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Orlando, FL

#989147 Sep 24, 2013
blurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you mealy-mouthed liar, yes I would, and no you wouldn't. You're the consummate dumb fraud -- too stupid to even know what you are. You're as skin-crawling as it gets. If I shared so much as the same time zone with you, I'd have to fumigate myself. You're intensely creepy in the most banal sort of way -- as are all your "conservative" cohorts on here.
Spider Man or Batman pajamas?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#989151 Sep 24, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. This from someone who believe Fox Commentary and Breitbart are "informative".
If a Teatard's mouth is moving, he's lying. No sense in listening to this idiot.
lol! Absolutely!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#989153 Sep 24, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
As stupid as you are cowardly.
lol! Cowardly? Now there's something you're intimate with, son!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#989154 Sep 24, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Got that right.. Thank God for those capitalist Republicans... Occupy Wall Street liberals not so much...
If it's liberal, it's loser, ignorant, and dangerous...
It's the culture...
lol! WaaaaaaaaaH! WAAAAAAAH! Poor baby.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#989155 Sep 24, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I envision a Cruz Palin crazy hour on Fox! Or a book deal. He's toast.
rotflmao!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#989157 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Bye bye Cruz!
And good riddance.

"The dynamics of the last-ditch effort to try to derail the implementation of the health-insurance exchanges set to open for enrollment on October 1 have pitted House Republicans against Senate ones and all but ensured Republicans will take the blame for any government shutdown, since they are the ones who will have to cause it or else watch Obamacare funding go through...."

"If you caught Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) or Mike Lee (R-Utah) on the Sunday talk shows, you would quickly realize that these two have absolutely no idea what they are doing," concluded conservative columnist Jennifer Rubin. "Leeís and Cruzís insistence that they are the ones 'fighting' is belied by the facts. They are actually intent on running into a concrete wall again and again to prove their political machismo. For many Republicans this isnít bravery but stupidity.

Not only that, what Cruz and others are calling "defunding Obamacare" won't actually end it, as the more than three-year-old Affordable Care Act is already partially implemented, has been upheld by the Supreme Court, and will remain in effect, slowly changing the health-care financing system nationwide.

"It's not honest to call on Republicans to defund Obamacare because it's not achievable," observed former George W. Bush communication director Nicolle Wallace on MSNBC's Morning Joe."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#989158 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I envision a Cruz Palin crazy hour on Fox! Or a book deal. He's toast.
Thanks for the laugh!!!

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#989159 Sep 24, 2013
richardIII wrote:
<quoted text>
The claim I responded to said "we are the richest nation in the world" , check your glasses.
Were Obamaphones included in your figures?
LMAO. Your ignorance just rose it's ugly head. They aren't "Obamaphones", they're "Bushphones". Geez. Educate yourself.

FACT: The government program to provide low-income people with a free or low cost cell phone started in 2008 under George W. Bush.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Would Phart 33,095
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr silly rabbit 314,353
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr superwilly 258,471
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web