Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
906,501 - 906,520 of 1,079,192 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...how do you think the insurance companies will compensate for their increased burden?
Terrific!
The increase in preventative care will cut medical expenses in the long run.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason these Reslugs are here is to feed off of America's economic freedom and opportunity. If there was any place better, they'd move there in a heartbeat. They are nothing but quislings with no true allegiance to the United States of America.
That sums it up quite nicely!

I wonder how many dollar are on the alter they pray to?

lol! Who am I kidding? Even having a REAL dollar on the alter is a ludicrous thought!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, under the Affordable Care Act, "no health plan can apply a deductible or any cost-sharing for certain preventive health services." That includes you.
"To put it simply: Covered California is trying to make consumers think they’re getting more for less when, in fact, they’re just getting the same while paying more." - Lanhee Chen, writing in Bloomberg View

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Reslugs have been very successful in spreading lies about the Affordable Care Act and the majority of people are easily brainwashed and too ignorant to think for themselves.
But people like you who believe everything the administration tells them about how wonderful Obamacare is are NOT "brainwashed and too ignorant to think for themselves."?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Moving is pretty stressful; hope you're happy in your new home!
What did you buy?
It's the stressful part I'm trying not to think about. But at least it will be our last move.

The house is a 2/2, 1 car garage, with a spacious carpeted enclosed third room/patio (windowed with blinds and sliding glass door with drapes) which could serve as a den or guest room and another enclosed patio that my husband can use as his workshop. It's also located in an area we like very much.

So we're happy. Just have to wait for the inspections.

Thanks for asking.

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You must be looking in the mirror.
Let Christie, McCain and others know.
What's you point, son?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The subsidies to moochers on the exchanges come directly from the taxpayer's pockets. Nothing to do with copays.
President Obama is forcing Insurance companies to have to compete and they are doing just that-- the Healthcare exchanges will be offering so many more options that all of us are going to be much better off . This October Americans are going to learn the truth about Obamacare...and the right knows it. Update http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/20/1240... via @dailykos

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP plan is not much different from the GOP-sponsored Welfare Reform Act signed by Bill Clinton which was very successful in eliminating waste and fraud in the system back then.
This plan only eliminates 4 million dollars yearly in waste and fraud over the next ten years.
The cuts will not affect SNAP recipients who need the assistance but only people who choose to abuse the system.
Hard-working middle-class Americans are paying for these people and stiffer work requirements for certain adults applying for SNAP funds eliminates the temptation for them to sit on their couch and expect the federal taxpayers to feed them.
Surely, even you don't like the idea of certain people just sitting on their couches and expecting you to feed them, do you?
Research has proven over and over again that there are only about 2% of recipients who abuse the system. That is a pittance. Heck, "4 million dollars over ten years" is laughable. One F-35 fighter jet costs $769 million. Reslugs should look to the military if they want to cut costs instead of trying to blame everything on the less fortunate.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Congratulations Carol. Doing Great. Getting ready to watch the Mountaineers. Same ole, same ole.
Thanks, flack.

However, being a Virgo and a worrier by nature, I'm forcing myself to remain positive about the inspection. That's always the last hurdle.

After that's done next week, it's packing time.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's why every retarded chimp in a Prius with an odumbo bumper sticker goes flying by 20 miles an hour over the speed limit. Fortunately, most don't survive an accident. Plenty of retards in either party, you are living proof of that.
woof! woof!(That's my other dog immitation!)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
What's you point, son?
You tossed them under the bus.

So what's your point son?

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you caring liberals don't care if the people who don't support your agenda wind up "out on the street."
I don't care about low life rethugs who think they are better than others. IMO, Pen(r)is could learn a thing or two by being out on the streets.

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's why every retarded chimp in a Prius with an odumbo bumper sticker goes flying by 20 miles an hour over the speed limit. Fortunately, most don't survive an accident. Plenty of retards in either party, you are living proof of that.
Strange, the only ones I see driving 20 miles an hour over the speed limit are clunkers spewing black smoke with McCain/Palin stickers plastered to the paint on the trunk of their cars. You people really aren't too bright.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Well, well, well......

"American Catholics like what they're hearing from Pope Francis

Pope Francis said in an interview this week that the Catholic Church's emphasis needs to turn from sexual issues to the ‘freshness and fragrance of the Gospel.’ Polls show most American Catholics agree.

Christian Science Monitor
Brad Knickerbocker 4 hours ago

Pope Francis shook up the Roman Catholic world this week with his comments about abortion, contraception, and gay marriage, saying such moral and doctrinal issues should not be overemphasized at the cost of “losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel."

In the United States, many Catholics hailed what the pope had to say in a lengthy interview in a Jesuit publication, which may not be surprising given attitudes here seen as more liberal than official church doctrine from Rome.

• By 55-43 percent, most American Catholics say abortion should be legal in “all or most cases,” according to a Washington Post/ABC poll in July.

• Eighty-two percent of Catholics in the US say birth control is morally acceptable, Gallup found last year – not much less than the 90 percent approval among all adults polled.

• In March, a Quinnipiac University National Poll found that most Catholic voters (54-38 percent) support same-sex marriage – higher than the 47-43 percent general approval rate. "Catholic voters are leading American voters toward support for same-sex marriage," said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

• Also, according to the Quinnipiac Poll, most American Catholics say priests should be allowed to marry (62-30 percent), say the church’s ban on contraception should be relaxed (64-28 percent, including 68-24 percent among women), and support Present Obama's position that religious-based institutions, such as hospitals and universities, must arrange for their insurance companies to provide birth control coverage for employees (51-41 percent).

RECOMMENDED: How much do you know about the Catholic Church? Take our quiz!

“We cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods," Francis said in the article published Thursday in Jesuit journals in 16 countries. "We have to find a new balance; otherwise even the moral edifice of the church is likely to fall like a house of cards, losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel."

In a move no doubt intended to answer those church members and clergy – including some bishops – holding to a more traditionally conservative view, the pope on Friday spoke out on abortion.

Speaking to Catholic doctors at the Vatican, Pope Francis condemned the “throwaway culture” abortion promotes, saying,“Our response to this mentality is a ‘yes’ to life, decisive and without hesitation.”

“Every unborn child, though unjustly condemned to be aborted, has the face of the Lord, who even before his birth, and then as soon as he was born, experienced the rejection of the world,” he said.

Still, liberal Catholics in the US welcomed the pope’s message in the earlier interview...."
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

The Liberal Idiot…..Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: GOP Needs to 'Embrace Sanity'(They Have!!) Republicans heard the will of the American People and passed legislation to Fund government and Defund Obamacare now the ball is in Reid/President court whether Government Shutdown!!

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Reslugs have been very successful in spreading lies about the Affordable Care Act and the majority of people are easily brainwashed and too ignorant to think for themselves. Their brains have been eroded by too many video games.
The recent creepy anti-Obamacare ad with Uncle Sam wearing a rubber glove as he performs a gynecological exam is even low for Reslugs. You should be ashamed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Unfortunately, this lame argument doesn't support the majority of Americans are against this version of health care reform. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you.

"Forty-four percent of respondents call the health-care law a bad idea while 31 percent believe it's a good idea -- virtually unchanged from July's NBC/WSJ survey.

"By a 45 percent to 23 percent margin, Americans say it will have a negative impact on the country's health-care system rather than a positive one."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/15...

But as even you must know by now, the people no longer matter. It's about Obama and the Democrats' power over us.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...how do you think the insurance companies will compensate for their increased burden?
Terrific!
Swelling Insurance rolls of consumer/buyers .

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Joe...

Caroline Biden...

Not paying her rent...

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/09/21/friends-ca...

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That sums it up quite nicely!
I wonder how many dollar are on the alter they pray to?
lol! Who am I kidding? Even having a REAL dollar on the alter is a ludicrous thought!
Oh, I don't know, I think they might actually be pretty good at tithing. It gives them that false sense of humility knowing that God is looking down on them and blessing them for their "charity". In their little pee brains, all is forgiven and they can go about screwing people as they have always done.

As I have said often before, God is not happy with their blasphemy.

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
But people like you who believe everything the administration tells them about how wonderful Obamacare is are NOT "brainwashed and too ignorant to think for themselves."?
I've read the Affordable Care Act. Something you obviously haven't done. You just parrot Hate Talk Radio talking heads. Not an independent thought in your head.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Junket 305,081
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min Aura Mytha 224,052
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 4 hr RICK SERVICE 26
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••