Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263401 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#987016 Sep 21, 2013
I wonder where ray/ray ran/ran?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#987017 Sep 21, 2013
thanks Liberals...

"Women Waiting Tables Provide Most of Female Gains in U.S"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-19/wome...

but you have free abortions and birth control!

Location hidden

#987019 Sep 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about low life rethugs who think they are better than others. IMO, Pen(r)is could learn a thing or two by being out on the streets.
Real world????

You fool,

What can this guy tell the average man/woman about the real world?

"Dingy Harry was elected to the State Assembly in 1966 and in the past 43 years the only gap in public service was the two years in the mid-70&#8242;s between his term as Lt. Governor and his service on the Nevada Gaming Commission"

http://www.dingyharry.com/dingy-harry-net-wor...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#987020 Sep 21, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>It's 'insane' when you ignore the truth. You want to deny that President Obama defeated the GOP nominee Mitt Romney who said that he would repeal Obamacare. The Americans spoke loudly in favor of Obamacare and the GOP lost . Get over it and accept it.
Will Reid/President shutdown the Government?

Location hidden

#987021 Sep 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
Probably = probable (before the stupid old pervs get their granny panties in a wad)
How can you teach if you cannot spell?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#987023 Sep 21, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>how many times are you going to post this same post? can't find another one?
how many times are you nutjobs going to post the same old lies about Obamacare? can't find any new lies?

Of all the falsehoods and distortions in the political discourse this year, one stood out from the rest.

"Death panels."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

so when was the last time i saw that? yesterday?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#987024 Sep 21, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the retarded chimp. I've been 100 percent off grid for 20 years. you could make that change right now and still never approach my universe from an enviromental standpoint. After its repealed you won't even be able to free load off odumbo care .....:-)
lol! poor little wolfie.

still twitching while dreaming!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#987025 Sep 21, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Will Reid/President shutdown the Government?
No. Just the right wing nuts.

After all, they were the ones who want it!

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#987026 Sep 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
These polls are based on the opinions of 1,000 people who are willing to respond to the pollster....the "idiots" who have nothing better to do. Polls are NOT representative of the people.(I would have thought you people would have learned that after the Romney campaign.)
Isn't Rove still somewhere in Ohio counting?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#987027 Sep 21, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I survive no matter what my environment, retard. that's the difference between me and leftist phags like you.....
we know wolfie.

you simply take from others!

Location hidden

#987028 Sep 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Could be son.
Then again, you could be wrong... as usual!
you have any courage...

>?<
answer a simple question....
what vehicle do you drive?

Location hidden

#987029 Sep 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't Rove still somewhere in Ohio counting?
Counting?

How much did you give?

"A month after the election, Obama campaign still asking for donations"

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-month-after...

Location hidden

#987030 Sep 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how many times are you nutjobs going to post the same old lies about Obamacare? can't find any new lies?
Of all the falsehoods and distortions in the political discourse this year, one stood out from the rest.
"Death panels."
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
so when was the last time i saw that? yesterday?
Did you read Obamacare? All of it? Who told you what is in it?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#987031 Sep 21, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
you have any courage...
>?<
answer a simple question....
what vehicle do you drive?
I looked it up....

... I can't find any definition of courage having to do with answering your questions.

Can you provide me with your dictionary source son?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#987032 Sep 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. It wasn't an "OBAMABOT DIRTBAG" running the scam. It was a small business FOXBOT DIRTBAG "scheming to get his profit-minded hands on dozens of new iPhones". You should be so proud.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Saw the guy on TV. Young slacker, baseball cap sideways, tee shirt, foul mouth...an obvious Obamabot.
LCNLin

United States

#987033 Sep 21, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP plan is not much different from the GOP-sponsored Welfare Reform Act signed by Bill Clinton which was very successful in eliminating waste and fraud in the system back then.
This plan only eliminates 4 million dollars yearly in waste and fraud over the next ten years.
The cuts will not affect SNAP recipients who need the assistance but only people who choose to abuse the system.
Hard-working middle-class Americans are paying for these people and stiffer work requirements for certain adults applying for SNAP funds eliminates the temptation for them to sit on their couch and expect the federal taxpayers to feed them.
Surely, even you don't like the idea of certain people just sitting on their couches and expecting you to feed them, do you?
Moronic but typical fox post.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#987034 Sep 21, 2013
killtaker wrote:
For dumazzDave
why does medical care cost more than it did 20 years ago...
"Some health economists peg the current cost of drug development at US$1.3 billion, others at US$1.7 billion."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...
So, your solution is less drug R & D.

Great thinking Dumbass.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#987035 Sep 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it terrific that Obama has taken the steps necessary to see that the burden of increased care is transferred from the taxpayer to insurance companies? You should be applauding the Affordable Care Act. Taxpayers will no longer be picking up the tab for those hip replacements, pace makers and electric scooters.
"The Affordable Care Act has the potential to reduce insurance cost growth while improving financial protections. If efforts succeed in slowing annual premium growth by 1 percentage point, by 2020 employers and families together would save $2,161 annually for family coverage, compared with projected premiums at
historical rates of increase."
Something had to be done and it took President Obama to make it a reality. Naturally, premiums are going to continue to increase but, under the Affordable Care Act, we will not see the huge leaps that we have experienced in the past.
FACT: "Total premiums for family coverage increased 50 percent across states and employee annual share of premiums increased by 63 percent from 2003 to 2010. If premium trends continue at the rate prior to enactment of the Affordable Care Act, the average premium for family coverage will rise 72 percent by 2020, to nearly $24,000."
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/Files...
The taxpayers pick up the tab whether we have welfare deadbeats or ObamaKKKare. The only difference is that the bill will be much larger with ObamaKKKare.

Insurance companies are just middlemen, processing claims for a fee, and have no real interest in the services provided or the cost thereof. Many large corporations are self-insured.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#987036 Sep 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, under the Affordable Care Act, "no health plan can apply a deductible or any cost-sharing for certain preventive health services." That includes you.
In other words, deductibles and copays apply to everything else, including all real reasons anybody would visit a doctor.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#987037 Sep 21, 2013
killtaker wrote:
For dumazzDave
why does medical care cost more than it did 20 years ago...
no 1
"Artificial Eye Lenses (Psuedophakos)
> No. of procedures: 2.582 million
> Total annual expenditure:$8 billion $10 billion
> Average cost per eye:$3,200-$4,500, depending on lens type
> Major manufacturers: Alcon Laboratories/Novartis, Abbott Laboratories, Bausch & Lomb"
http://247wallst.com/healthcare-economy/2011/...
So

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min I Am No One_ 244,843
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 54 min YTube 310,332
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr End Of Story 6,468
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed tom wingo 29,850
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed RiccardoFire 201,846
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web