Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#985797 Sep 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Used car dealers are notorious liars. You can come up with something better than that.
Looks like my guess at your career was correct!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#985798 Sep 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you believe the POTUS spent the money that created this massive debt.
Did you know that we're still paying for Vietnam almost 40 years after? How about the interest on the loans that funded the Iraq war? The earned income tax credit (EITC), MediCare part D?
Shall we make another list?
Well, if you're implying Johnson should have ended that war before it began - or at least before he accelerated it because of his ego - I agree with you.

Obama couldn't say enough about the debt ceiling being poor management on the part of the government when he was a wet-behind-the-ears senator. Now he's a wet-behind-the-ears president.

He needs to make up his mind - on just about everything. And stop lying to us.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#985799 Sep 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the same Hollywood hypocrites who bloviate about gun control but have three armed security guards everywhere they go and star in shoot-em-up movies given every opportunity?
They're a hopeless cause. Best to let them pretend anyone really cares about them and stop seeing their stupid movies.
"Rosie: I'm no hypocrite"

she's (was) M A D...

someone tipped off the media that her body guards were applying to carry weapons...

http://www.wnd.com/2000/06/2011/
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#985801 Sep 19, 2013
Let's hear the cons cheering for Egypt! Or is it Obama?

Hard to say whose the 'people du jour' for right wing nuts!!!!

"Egypt troops storm Islamist stronghold near Cairo
Email this Story

Sep 19, 12:39 PM (ET)

By AHMED ABDEL-FATTAH and MOHAMMED WAGDY

KERDASA, Egypt (AP)- Egyptian security forces backed by armored fighting vehicles and helicopters stormed a tourist town near the Great Pyramids that became an Islamist stronghold on Thursday, the latest in a stepped up campaign by the military-backed government to put down armed supporters of the ousted president.

As they moved into Kerdasa at around 6 a.m., the troops and policemen came under barrages of fire from gunmen on rooftops. Militants took control of the town just outside Cairo more than a month ago amid a nationwide backlash of violence by Islamists enraged by the military coup that removed President Mohammed Morsi and by a crackdown against his supporters that followed...."
Annie

New York, NY

#985802 Sep 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how depressing that you must have a separate hard drive to store all the old posts that you think are worth keeping. and if you're going to quote me stop editing or i'm going to have my lawyer send you a C&D letter.
We had no idea Legal Aid provided lawyers would do that? You must be one of those who are against free speech unless it agrees with your liberal views like a good little Obammmytron.

And if you were ever NOT posting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we'd think you were of those clueless twit college students harassing General Petraeus or one of the unwashed thugs moving back into an OWS parks.

In one of the most sickening displays of disrespect toward a veteran since the Vietnam War, students swore at and harassed retired Army Gen. David Petraeus, who recently began teaching a class at the City University of New York.

A video posted on YouTube titled “CUNY Students Confront War Criminal David Petraeus” shows Petraeus walking through a gauntlet of students who aggressively taunt him for close to 90 seconds.

“There’s blood all over you, I can smell it,” one student yells.

Petraeus, who served as the top U.S. commander in both Iraq and Afghanistan, takes the abuse stoically despite attempts by the students to provoke him.

It is not clear if the taunting continued after the end of the video.

The guy started and supported programs to help empower local Iraqi’s from preventing terrorist affiliated militants from executing old men in streets and bombing funerals. Sounds like a war criminal to me. No one is beyond reproach, but mob tactics and sophomoric University students who are still living off of daddy’s pocketbook are not to be taken seriously and are worthless entries into any civil debate.

This is what it’s like for so many service members. They stand up and fight for those that won’t. This man is a sheep dog, these kids are sheep. No sheep likes a sheep dog until the wolves come. The fact that these children have a strong leftist opinion, is a direct reflection of the universities professors. The children being educated on their parents dime can only use facts and statistics provided to them by the institution and the media. They simply cast blind judgment with no real world experience.(Like the College Professor President we currently have--no real world experience and hard left opinions as a result).

Orlando, FL

#985803 Sep 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He and sonic are the only reason topix hasn't ditched this thread.
oh...wow...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#985804 Sep 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> My grand daddy, as you say, was born in 1887 and died before I was born. Wrong again!
Your only had one grandfather? How scandalous! Galt would deem you to be the product of irresponsible and deviant lifestyles.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#985805 Sep 19, 2013
I'm having a lot more respect for the new Pope.

I'm sure cons have nothing but vile disgust for him. The funny thing is the Pope sees the need for change. Right wing crazies all want to go back to the horse and buggy!!!

"Pope warns church must find new balance or fail
Email this Story

Sep 19, 12:48 PM (ET)

By NICOLE WINFIELD and RACHEL ZOLL

VATICAN CITY (AP)- Pope Francis has warned that the Catholic Church's moral structure might "fall like a house of cards" if it doesn't balance its divisive rules about abortion, gays and contraception with the greater need to make it a merciful, more welcoming place for all.

Six months into his papacy, Francis set out his vision for the church and his priorities as pope in a lengthy and remarkably blunt interview with La Civilta Cattolica, the Italian Jesuit magazine. It was published simultaneously Thursday in Jesuit journals in 16 countries, including America magazine in the U.S.

In the 12,000-word article, Francis expands on his ground-breaking comments over the summer about gays and acknowledges some of his own faults. He sheds light on his favorite composers, artists, authors and films (Mozart, Caravaggio, Dostoevsky and Fellini's "La Strada") and says he prays even while at the dentist's office.

But his vision of what the church should be stands out, primarily because it contrasts so sharply with many of the priorities of his immediate predecessors, John Paul II and Benedict XVI. They were both intellectuals for whom doctrine was paramount, an orientation that guided the selection of a generation of bishops and cardinals around the globe.

Francis said the dogmatic and the moral teachings of the church were not all equivalent.

"The church's pastoral ministry cannot be obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines to be imposed insistently," Francis said. "We have to find a new balance; otherwise even the moral edifice of the church is likely to fall like a house of cards, losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel."..."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985806 Sep 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Good for him. Just a couple of days ago it was $16k.
I know, what a wonderful story

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#985807 Sep 19, 2013
TSM wrote:
After the Chemical Weapon agreement between US/ Syria the question is, if Syria fails to meet deadline who would blink first Putin/Assad or Obama’ WH Backs Down on First Syria Deadline’ so what is Obama’s next move/option?
Republicans couldn't deliver the votes in the House to support the President's threat of a military strike on Syria ; s it will be their fault if Assad takes advantage of the republican indecisiveness to delay on removing his chemical weapons.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#985808 Sep 19, 2013
Galt must be twisting in his undies having the House tying multiple agendas to a single bill.

Then again, this one is to his political advantage so I'm sure it gets a pass!!!

Cons.... such wonderful comedy!!!

"House to vote on stopgap funding bill,'Obamacare'
Email this Story

Sep 19, 12:29 PM (ET)

By ANDREW TAYLOR

WASHINGTON (AP)- The White House promised a veto of a Republican effort to gut President Barack Obama's health care law that is part of a temporary funding bill in the House to prevent a partial government shutdown on Oct. 1.

The official policy statement issued Thursday said the GOP attempt to block "Obamacare" "advances a narrow ideological agenda that threatens our economy and the interests of the middle class" and would deny "millions of hard-working, middle-class families the security of affordable health coverage."

The veto threat was expected and wasn't going to stop House Republicans from pressing their effort to defund the health care law.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said the House will pass a bill Friday to keep the government running while gutting Obama's health care law.

"The fight over here has been won. The fight over there (in the Senate) is just beginning," Boehner said Thursday. "I expect my Senate colleagues to do everything they can to defund this law, just like the House is going to do."..."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985810 Sep 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Again no source__I reported that one to topix pal.
this is an opinion site, you washed-up used car dealer...

sources are not required...

but "report" all you want, you phaggot...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985811 Sep 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I heard about that. Good for him. He'll be broke again by Christmas.
you're awful

Orlando, FL

#985812 Sep 19, 2013
TSM wrote:
Arguing with Liberals over Obamacare is like engaging a Welfare recipient about getting a Job!! Let’s use the Warren Buffett Rule: Scrap Obamacare and Start Over!!
This is Obama when it comes to Obamacare.

http://www.bing.com/images/search...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985813 Sep 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how that works, if a person had a felony in Florida and then moved to a state that restored voting rights, would it matter?
It has to be a national thing, in my opinion
wrong...

Orlando, FL

#985814 Sep 19, 2013
Well, time for a little break.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985815 Sep 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Go right ahead. Nothing wrong with it.
Realtime also calls the police if his neighbors park their cars crookedly.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#985816 Sep 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Think he started on the Coors Light a little early today.
Light beer is for sissies and that old pedophile fits the bill.
headlines

AOL

#985817 Sep 19, 2013

VATICAN -- ISRAEL debating *TEMPLE MOUNT

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#985818 Sep 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was reported he played those graphic and violent video games routinely. He didn't look that old to me. More like a young man.
Well, I think he was 28 or so, nevertheless; he was an adult and can choose to play video games if he wanted to, he's not a child.
He obviously had mental illness issues, told people he was hearing voices etc. however, what can the police do? Pick up everyone who may have a mental illness? No one could predict that he would become a mass murderer.
I agree that it is weird to play these games and I agree that the violence depicted in them is horrible. Why are young men so attracted to this? I think it desensitizes indiscriminate killing; and the more people you kill in the games, the more points you have. Its sick to be sure; but, do we want to live in a country with censorship? Notice that most of these mass killers seem to be the quiet loner types, isolated from the world around them. It's sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Bruin For Life 27,603
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min Patrick 228,601
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr a mom 348
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr litesong 1,137
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr STO 305,851
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE