Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#984853 Sep 17, 2013
flack wrote:
A leaked copy of a UN report on global warming says that scientist’s claims that global warming was going to destroy us were drastically wrong.
(See also: Democrats Trying To Outlaw Gas-Powered Cars By 2040)
The Daily Mail reports that in 2007 the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) claimed that the planet’s temperature was going to rise 0.2 Celsius every decade, a claim that governments and scientists all across the world have relied on to make their own determinations.
But now the new report says that the climate only warmed at .12 C per decades since 1951, a rate far, far below what everyone was told.
The new report also notes that scientists had to admit that their forecasts were wildly out of sync with the truth.
Yep,include the 50's & 60''s where the temp only went up 01 C each decade to dilute the rate..

http://www.currentresults.com/Environment-Fac...

My God Flack. Get a fricken grip.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#984854 Sep 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Family physicians? Bah, poor people don't have family physicians. Well, they will now thanks to healthcare reform.
"homo"
Why do you have to BS with your every post. We have had the same family doctor and his successor for more than 35 years. My daughter also uses the same doctor. While this doctor no longer accepts new medicare/medicade patients he has people who require that assistance, folks who have been his patients for years. Because of nobama care he is not accepting any new patients who depend on medicare/medicade to cover the costs.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#984855 Sep 17, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Baawaaahhh!!!!!
Good going FIDO!
WOOF WOOF!

Are Gang Members Using Military Training?

CBS News has learned that military police have briefed local authorities in major cities, including New York, about the rising danger that gang members in the military could share their skills with gangs on the streets. That could include combat, logistics, and even emergency medical skills.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-3108597...

If Bush had a son......

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#984857 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep,include the 50's & 60''s where the temp only went up 01 C each decade to dilute the rate..
that was .01 each decade
Waxman

Falls Church, VA

#984858 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!

Dumb Dave actually made a post where he "tried" to provide substantiation for his ridiculous remark!

A Milestone for Dumb Dave indeed!

Problem is, bogus, discounted data, Dumb Dave.

Try to keep up, old senile dude.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#984859 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Antarctic ice is reducing. You've been duped yet again. http://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-ga...
Arctic ice http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/
How many years since 1997 have been among the top warmest.
And from those lying bastards at NASA: http://climate.nasa.gov/
Update: The gross divergence in October data reported below between the various metrics is explained by an error, as reported at the bottom. The basic premise of the post, that real scientific work should go into challenging these measurement approaches and choosing the best data set, remains.

The October global temperature data highlights for me that it is time for scientists to quit wasting time screwing around with questions of whether global warming will cause more kidney stones, and address an absolutely fundamental question: Just what is the freaking temperature?

Currently we are approaching the prospect of spending hundreds of billions of dollars, or more, to combat global warming, and we don't even know its magnitude or real trend, because the major temperature indices we possess are giving very different readings. To oversimplify a bit, there are two competing methodologies that are giving two different answers. NASA's GISS uses a melding of surface thermometer readings around the world to create a global temperature anomaly. And the UAH uses satellites to measure temperatures of the lower or near-surface troposhere. Each thinks it has the better methodology (with, oddly, NASA fighting against the space technology). But they are giving us different answers.

For October, the GISS metric is showing the hottest October on record, nearly 0.8C hotter than it was 40 years ago in 1978 (from here).

GISSglobal

However, the satellites are showing no such thing, showing a much cooler October, and a far smaller warming trend over the last 40 years (from here)

Uah_october_20081

So which is right? Well, the situation is not helped by the fact that the GISS metric is run by James Hansen, considered by skeptics to be a leading alarmist, and the UAH is run by John Christy, considered by alarmists to be an arch-skeptic. The media generally uses the GISS data, so expect stories in the next day or so trumpeting "Hottest October Ever," which the Obama administration will wave around as justification for massive economic interventions. But by satellite it will only be the 10th or so hottest in the last 30, and probably cooler than most other readings this century.

It is really a very frustrating situation. It is as if two groups in the 17th century had two very different sets of observations of planetary motions that resulted in two different theories of gravity,

Its amazing to me the scientific community doesn't try to take this on. If the NOAA wanted to do something useful other than just creating disaster pr0n, it could actually have a conference on the topic and even some critical reviews of each approach. Why not have Christy and Hansen take turns in front of the group and defend their approaches like a doctoral thesis? Nothing can replace surface temperature measurement before 1978, because we do not have satellite data before then. But even so, discussion of earlier periods is important given issues with NOAA and GISS manual adjustments to the data.

Though I favor the UAH satellite data (and prefer a UAH - Hadley CRUT3 splice for a longer time history), I'll try to present as neutrally as possible the pros and cons of each approach.

Spokane, WA

#984860 Sep 17, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunday night. Yes it was.
"Eman"
You did not like the fanny kicking the hawks gave the niners? I loved it. Hoping for the same result on the return meeting. Could be a lu lu. Both teams will be in the playoffs, I would not be surprized if one of the wins the whole enchalada.
Peace
Waxman

Falls Church, VA

#984861 Sep 17, 2013
Het old senile dude...

Harris: New report counters climate change scare

http://www.calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnis...

Try to keep up, or get off the bus, retard.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#984863 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as a quick example, let's say the urban heat island effect in a city can be up to 10 degrees F. And, let's say by some miracle you came up with a reliable approach to correct for 95% of this effect (and believe me, no one has an approach this good). This means that there would still be a 0.5F warming bias or error from the UHI effect, an amount roughly of the order of magnitude of the underlying warming signal we are trying to detect (or falsify).

When my son and I ran a couple of transects of the Phoenix area around 10PM one winter evening, we found the city center to be 7 to 10 degrees F warmer than the outlying rural areas. Anthony Watts did a similar experiment this week in Reno (the similarity is not surprising, since he suggested the experiment to me in the first place). He too found about a 10 degree F variation. This experiment was a follow-on to this very complete post showing the range of issues with surface temperature measurement, via one example in Reno.

By the way, in the latter article he had this interesting chart with the potential upward bias added by an instrumentation switch at many weather stations

HO63toHO83

This kind of thing happens in the instrumentation world, and is why numbers have to be adjusted from the raw data (though these adjustments, even if done well, add error, as described above). What has many skeptics scratching their heads is that despite this upward bias in the instrumentation switch, and the upward bias from many measurement points being near growing urban areas, the GISS and NOAA actually have an increasingly positive adjustment factor for the last couple of decades, not a negative one (net of red, yellow, and purple lines here). In other words, the GISS and NOAA adjustment factors imply that there is a net growing cooling bias in the surface temperature record in the last couple of decades that needs to be corrected. This makes little sense to anyone whose main interest is not pumping up the official numbers to try to validate past catastrophic forecasts.

Update: The NOAA's adjustment numbers imply a net cooling bias in station locations, but they do have a UHI correction component. That number is about 0.05C, or 0.03F. This implies the average urban heat island effect on measurement points over the last 50 years is less than 1/300th of the UHI effect we measured in Reno and Phoenix. This seems really low, especially once one is familiar with the "body of work" of NOAA measurement stations as surveyed at Anthony's site.
Waxman

Falls Church, VA

#984864 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> that was .01 each decade
Oh sure...

Did Bush "abandon" Afghanistan too, Moonbat?

Baawaaahhhh!!!!

Good night - time for a movie - go pass out now, old dummy.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#984865 Sep 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Another f*cking idiot that does not know the history of phones for poor people.
It's the culture...

Spokane, WA

#984867 Sep 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The government will pay for it. That has been the plan all along.
"flack"
The government will pay for it? Get real. You, me and the other Americans who work and produce will be paying for the lazy, those with their hands out.
Peace
KMA

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#984868 Sep 17, 2013
For October, the GISS metric is showing the hottest October on record, nearly 0.8C hotter than it was 40 years ago in 1978 (from here).

GISSglobal

However, the satellites are showing no such thing, showing a much cooler October, and a far smaller warming trend over the last 40 years (from here)

Uah_october_20081

So which is right? Well, the situation is not helped by the fact that the GISS metric is run by James Hansen, considered by skeptics to be a leading alarmist, and the UAH is run by John Christy, considered by alarmists to be an arch-skeptic. The media generally uses the GISS data, so expect stories in the next day or so trumpeting "Hottest October Ever," which the Obama administration will wave around as justification for massive economic interventions. But by satellite it will only be the 10th or so hottest in the last 30, and probably cooler than most other readings this century.

It is really a very frustrating situation. It is as if two groups in the 17th century had two very different sets of observations of planetary motions that resulted in two different theories of gravity,

Its amazing to me the scientific community doesn't try to take this on. If the NOAA wanted to do something useful other than just creating disaster pr0n, it could actually have a conference on the topic and even some critical reviews of each approach. Why not have Christy and Hansen take turns in front of the group and defend their approaches like a doctoral thesis? Nothing can replace surface temperature measurement before 1978, because we do not have satellite data before then. But even so, discussion of earlier periods is important given issues with NOAA and GISS manual adjustments to the data.

Though I favor the UAH satellite data (and prefer a UAH - Hadley CRUT3 splice for a longer time history), I'll try to present as neutrally as possible the pros and cons of each approach.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#984869 Sep 17, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
OBAMA RATED 5TH BEST PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY
From a total of 44 US Presidents: Obama rated 5th best president ever.
The Democratic publicity release said,"...after a little more than 5 years, Americans have rated President Obama the 5th best president ever."
The details according to White House Publicists:
Reagan & Lincoln tied for first,
23 presidents tied for second,
17 other presidents tied for third,
Jimmy Carter came in 4th, and
Obama came in fifth
Very good logic from the Democrats.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#984870 Sep 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
your Topix misnomer is quite appropriate. so where would i find 'thoughts of my own'?
It's the culture...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#984871 Sep 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 23% want to "Destroy" Obamacare? LOL! Was "Do you want to destroy Obamacare" an actual poll question?
++++++++++
Poll: Obamacare remains highly unpopular as implementation looms
A large number of Americans continue to adamantly oppose the nation’s new health-care law and believe it will produce damaging results, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.
44 percent of respondents call the health-care law a bad idea.
31 percent believe it's a good idea.
45 percent to 23 percent of Americans say it will have a negative impact on the country's health-care system rather than a positive one.
++++++++++
How long before the absolute failure of the 2000+ pages of ACABS causes the monopoly called single-payer?
S-P is the desired endgame of the far left. Our self-proclaimed "betters" salivating at the idea they'll be able to tell citizens what they can and cannot eat, how much they need to exercise, how much TV is safe to watch.
Foods will be banned left and right. Single-payer grocery centers will follow. Quarterly visits to government weight centers (Dear so and so, you must lose 10 lbs by the first of next month or you'll be subject to fines totaling...", cholesterol and blood sugar tests, heart stress tests, "vaccinations",...
You fools have no idea what you're slowly allowing the government to take control of. NO IDEA.
The numbers are out, 78% don't like or want ObamaKare or want to repeal it. That number includes 56% of Democrats that voted for Obama,and don't want ObamaKare. The problem with the people that voted for Obama is that they don't know about history and they don't now about math.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#984872 Sep 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
WOOF!
How Neo-Nazis and Gangs Infiltrated the U.S. Military
Did the Bush administration’s desperate need to build up the military for the Iraq War lead recruiters to turn a blind eye toward supremacists and gangs?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...
Liberals infiltrated and kill people: FRIEND: NAVY YARD SHOOTER LIBERAL, SUPPORTED OBAMA

Tuesday, on CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper," Michael Ritrovato spoke at length about his friend, suspected Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis. "He was more of a liberal type; he wasn't happy with the former [Bush] administration. He was more happy with this [the Obama] administration -- as far as presidential administrations". See... he was crazy like you Sonic.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#984874 Sep 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
try again.
Well here's the truth: Thing is, the power outage was nothing unusual – and not at all sinister. When the weather is sizzling hot, the city’s brittle, outdated system gets overwhelmed because of extra air-conditioner use. It happened at least three times last summer, and customers endured longer outages.

This is what really happened last week: City officials warned courts, schools, municipal buildings and others to limit their use of electricity during two consecutive days of 95-plus temperatures to avoid a power outage.

On Sept. 11, the second day of the heat wave, one of the five main trunk lines supplying the city’s grid was down as part of routine maintenance by DTE.

“While that trunk line was down, it increased the load on the remaining four supplying the grid, causing another one to fail,” EM spokesman Bill Nowling told me.

Soon the city was down to three overwhelmed trunk lines, increasing the risk of a cascading blackout. To avoid an outage at hospitals and DPS schools, the city cut off power to other public institutions.

When word circulated that the city intentionally shut off power to courts and other important buildings, rumors swirled that the EM and his staff callously pulled the plug as a show of power, stranding people in elevators and causing security concerns at courts.

It’s a nice narrative, but the decision to turn off the power was a practical one – and it needed to be made at a moment’s notice. There was no time to issue another warning.

In the media, we have a responsibility to be honest so people can make their own decisions. Fueling fears and resentment is a disservice to the more than 700,000 people who live in Detroit and want to know what’s really going on.

Want a real conspiracy involving the emergency manager? State and city officials repeatedly lied to the public about the prospect of landing an emergency manager. That was real.

The narrative about the power outage was not.

Poor poor Sonic trying to scare the people of Detroit, I think they must be scared enough with all the crime without you propagandizing. Liberal liar.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#984875 Sep 17, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"homo"
Why do you have to BS with your every post. We have had the same family doctor and his successor for more than 35 years. My daughter also uses the same doctor. While this doctor no longer accepts new medicare/medicade patients he has people who require that assistance, folks who have been his patients for years. Because of nobama care he is not accepting any new patients who depend on medicare/medicade to cover the costs.
Peace
KMA
In addition, younger people who are forced into the exchanges may find that this doctor is not available in the exchange plans.

Expect more family doctors to operate on a cash basis in the future, at lower fees than at present.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#984876 Sep 17, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
The government will pay for it? Get real. You, me and the other Americans who work and produce will be paying for the lazy, those with their hands out.
Peace
KMA
Liberals/Democrats don't know where the government gets money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 24 min none_of_the_above 1,129
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 47 min PEE PEE PETE 27,595
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 228,589
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 8 hr Michele 345
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Brian_G 305,850
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE