Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#983457 Sep 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats never said a word either--BECAUSE BUSH DID NOT LIE ABOUT THE ATTACKS.
Got more video from "Oh Screwzzanna Rice Productions?"
The embassy attacks didn't happen on the anniversary of 9/11 under Bush. Neither did Bush go to a fundraiser the very next day because winning an election was more important.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983458 Sep 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So the deficit is coming down.
How is that a change in the rate of increase.
You're a GD idiot.
lol! Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't scare them with the deficit. Things just don't play into their plans if you hit them with facts!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983459 Sep 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a barking dog, DumbDave's vocabulary is severely limited to simple woofs and whimpers.
That's little sadow son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983460 Sep 15, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Dope. Using the race card again, douchebag?
Are you poor, zero?
lol! Poor foreigner you are son

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#983461 Sep 15, 2013
When Obama first ran for Senate in Illinois in the Democratic primary, he ran against Blair Hull.

Hull was well ahead in the polls when his sealed divorce papers were leaked to the press.

The press not so surprisingly rode this story and Hull plummeted in the polls. Obama not so surprisingly won.

In the general election, Obama faced a very popular Jack Ryan. It appeared that Obama had no chance against Ryan. But then Ryan’s divorce records and child custody files not so surprisingly were released.

Days after the release, Ryan withdrew from the race. Obama not so surprisingly won again.

It's amazing how many of Obama's opponents withdrew because of leaks to the press about their personal lives.

Axelrod's fingerprints are all over both of the leaks. Corrupt politicians stick together.

“A Man Is Known ”

Since: Sep 13

By The Company He Keeps

#983462 Sep 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Things just don't play into their plans if you hit them with facts!
Facts the left doesn't want to know about.

The average U.S. household income is down even further than it was when the recession ended.

From the left-leaning LA Times:

American households are earning 4.4% less, when adjusted for inflation, than they were when the economic recovery began four years ago.

"Almost every group is worse off than it was four years ago," said Gordon Green of Sentier Research. Demographic groups such as the middle-aged, part-time workers and women with children have suffered even worse than the average.

The one exception, Green noted, are households of people 65 to 74 years old.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-h...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#983463 Sep 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt will henceforth refer to Obama as a girl (which may be appropriate).
Now you're being sexist. Here are some synonyms for "boy", I've put an * next to my recommendations.

lad
laddie
youngster
youth
buck
cadet
chap
gamin
half-pint
junior
punk*
puppy
runt*
schoolboy
shaver
sonny
sprout
squirt*
stripling
tadpole*
whippersnapper
little guy
little shaver
small fry*

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#983464 Sep 15, 2013
"“I think what the Iranians understand is that the nuclear issue is a far larger issue for us than the chemical weapons issue, that the threat.&#8201;.&#8201; . against Israel, that a nuclear Iran poses, is much closer to our core interests,” Obama said.“My suspicion is that the Iranians recognize they shouldn’t draw a lesson that we haven’t struck [Syria] to think we won’t strike Iran.”"

Will somebody shut this guy up already! What's up with all this machismo talk from him all of a sudden?

<Speak softly and carry a big stick, Mr. President>

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#983465 Sep 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama came from the core of Chicago corruption.
Obama ran unopposed in the 1998 primary election.
Obama ran unopposed in the 2002 primary election.
In the November 2002 general election, his GOP opponent, Jack Ryan, withdrew after his personal custody records were opened and published in the newspaper. Alan Keyes, Republican, took Ryan's place.
Keyes refused to congratulate Obama and explained it was meant to make a statement against "extending false congratulations to the triumph of what we have declared to be across the line."
Said Keyes, "I'm supposed to make a call that represents the congratulations toward the triumph of that which I believe ultimately stands for...a culture evil enough to destroy the very soul and heart of my country? I can't do this. And I will not make a false gesture."
The wrong black guy won.
After Alan Keyes lost, I recall reading a Chicago reporter's column in which he stated that Keyes lost because he was honest and that, further, any honest person that runs against Obama will always lose.

Bingo.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983466 Sep 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're being sexist. Here are some synonyms for "boy", I've put an * next to my recommendations.
lad
laddie
youngster
youth
buck
cadet
chap
gamin
half-pint
junior
punk*
puppy
runt*
schoolboy
shaver
sonny
sprout
squirt*
stripling
tadpole*
whippersnapper
little guy
little shaver
small fry*
"buck" is racist..
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983467 Sep 15, 2013
_Bad_Company_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts the left doesn't want to know about.
The average U.S. household income is down even further than it was when the recession ended.
From the left-leaning LA Times:
American households are earning 4.4% less, when adjusted for inflation, than they were when the economic recovery began four years ago.
"Almost every group is worse off than it was four years ago," said Gordon Green of Sentier Research. Demographic groups such as the middle-aged, part-time workers and women with children have suffered even worse than the average.
The one exception, Green noted, are households of people 65 to 74 years old.
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-h...
ok......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983469 Sep 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
"“I think what the Iranians understand is that the nuclear issue is a far larger issue for us than the chemical weapons issue, that the threat.&#8201;.&#8201; . against Israel, that a nuclear Iran poses, is much closer to our core interests,” Obama said.“My suspicion is that the Iranians recognize they shouldn’t draw a lesson that we haven’t struck [Syria] to think we won’t strike Iran.”"
Will somebody shut this guy up already! What's up with all this machismo talk from him all of a sudden?
<Speak softly and carry a big stick, Mr. President>
big talk, no action....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#983470 Sep 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> throwing stones at glass houses...
OMG, are you f*cked up:)

It goes like this: "People who live in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones".

and here's Yeah mumbling something about throwing stones at glass houses...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... .you are a real piece of artistic sh it, Dood.

For Yeah: People with a shiteatin' grin shouldn't throw Poop.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#983471 Sep 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is, Dumbass, "boy" is a very mild insult.
According to Oxford, as a racial slur, it's "dated". Folks like dumbass dave are stuck in the 19th century.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#983472 Sep 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for Dumbass Dave to speak up when his fellow girls use terms like cracker and hillbilly.....
Or lily's favorite, "uncle tom"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#983473 Sep 15, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
You are almost as bad as "real dumb" profanity in every post. Well you know what the say birds of a feather flock together.
Peace
KMA
I gotta give it to you, Easy. With all the hate lily throws your way, you have still maintained a gentleman's character.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#983474 Sep 15, 2013
Yiddish Babylonians wrote:
<quoted text>"Jews" will never be "HEBREWS".
Hey ron, isn't there another thread you can go annoy?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#983475 Sep 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't scare them with the deficit. Things just don't play into their plans if you hit them with facts!
The debt hasn't increased even though we are still running deficits...go figure!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#983476 Sep 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The embassy attacks didn't happen on the anniversary of 9/11 under Bush. Neither did Bush go to a fundraiser the very next day because winning an election was more important.
It still blows me away that we bombed Libya to save Benghazi.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#983477 Sep 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, are you f*cked up:)
It goes like this: "People who live in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones".
and here's Yeah mumbling something about throwing stones at glass houses...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... .you are a real piece of artistic sh it, Dood.
For Yeah: People with a shiteatin' grin shouldn't throw Poop.
lol! And yet, I still thank you son!! After all...

“Although you'd love to watch me post something intelligent, alas, it will never happen.“- shinningelectr0n

How do you like your crow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 49 min TerryE 5,304
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr ChristineM 238,168
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr John-K 309,688
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr tom wingo 29,642
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Sat Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web