Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417187 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983344 Sep 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another racial slur.
Why can't you f*cking dumbasses post without using racial slurs.
Can you post without f-bombs?
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#983345 Sep 15, 2013
Outcome-
Assad still in power able to use Russian supplied guns and bombs to continue killing men, women, and children. New credibility as the leader of Syria with the world as a result, not to mention the new world power, Russia. Iran is still rapidly enriching uranium and claiming they will destroy Israel. For the moment, we have strike capability from Afghanistan, but we are losing bad there to the rebel taliban all over the country. All this thanks to our president and our State Department starting with Hillary, who was a useless wanderlust during her tenure. If it wasn't for the danger our country has been placed in by this administration, it would all seem like a big joke. Remember people, our government is a reflection of the people that we are as a country. I have faced the enemy only to discover that all along it was me!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983346 Sep 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another racial slur.
Why can't you f*cking dumbasses post without using racial slurs.
Would you be happier if Eed replaced the word "boy" with "incompetent" in both places?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983347 Sep 15, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Outcome-
Assad still in power able to use Russian supplied guns and bombs to continue killing men, women, and children. New credibility as the leader of Syria with the world as a result, not to mention the new world power, Russia. Iran is still rapidly enriching uranium and claiming they will destroy Israel. For the moment, we have strike capability from Afghanistan, but we are losing bad there to the rebel taliban all over the country. All this thanks to our president and our State Department starting with Hillary, who was a useless wanderlust during her tenure. If it wasn't for the danger our country has been placed in by this administration, it would all seem like a big joke. Remember people, our government is a reflection of the people that we are as a country. I have faced the enemy only to discover that all along it was me!
In fairness to Hillary, Obama really didn't want her to do anything or make any policy, so he basically sent her on a four-year round-the-world vacation.

The resulting frustration may have lead to her debilitating stroke.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#983348 Sep 15, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
From one year ago...
"Religious groups are blasting President Obama for not condemning am anti-Christian art display set to appear in New York City and one Republican lawmaker said he is fed up with the administration’s double standard and religious hypocrisy."
I wonder if the National Endowment for the Arts would grant someone money to do a "Piss Muhammad"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ
People interviewed by HuffPo consider Serrano's work to be "iconic" and "important."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pierre-r-berast...
I wonder if the National Endowment for the Arts would grant someone money to do a "Piss Muhammad"?

Not under this Mohammed Obama Assclown-In-Chief. Eric Racist Holder would be all over it crying religious and racial discrimination. The Jesse Sharptons would be inciting riots and OPrah would be doing a TV Special on it.

Lapeer, MI

#983349 Sep 15, 2013
Nat Turner wrote:
<quoted text>Can you blame them?
He already did.

Where in the hell is your head at?

oops. Don't bother answering:)
MOM

Waterbury, CT

#983350 Sep 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Written by Margaret Kimberly on the Black Agenda Report.
There was no battle__but had there been Russia would have been the loser of at least one and more likely two of it's warships for starters. That nation is so fkn far behind the US in warring technology that it makes Putin's bowing up jokish and signals that traitorous right wing racist losers such as yourself are completely lost on the subject.
You should really stop stealing the written work of others__really you should.
you hate the thoughts of scholars other than your own i stole nothing because i claimed nothing i just share ideas that i read as far as being racists everyone is racists to you that doesnt agree with you about obama so we should keep silent really and thts your democracy that obama wants to spread around the world that sounds more like tyranny not freedom you are upset that the writing came from a black academic website that you thought was racists because it challanged obama haha thats why i leave ot the sources so when you find it out it smacks you lololololololhaha not my words i try to remain objective hahahahlolololo

Lapeer, MI

#983351 Sep 15, 2013
flack wrote:
According to the Sentier research, households headed by single women, with and without children present, saw their incomes fall by roughly 7%. Those under age 25 experienced an income decline of 9.6%. Black heads of households saw their income tumble by 10.9%, while Hispanic heads-of-households' income fell 4.5%, slightly more than the national average. The incomes of workers with a high-school diploma or less fell by about 8%(-6.9% for those with less than a high-school diploma and -9.3% for those with only a high-school diploma).
To put that into dollar terms, in the four years between the time the Obama recovery began in June 2009 and June of this year, median black household income fell by just over $4,000, Hispanic households lost $2,000 and female-headed households lost $2,300.
The unemployment numbers show pretty much the same pattern. July's Bureau of Labor Statistics data (the most recent available) show a national unemployment rate of 7.4%. The highest jobless rates by far are for key components of the Obama voter bloc: blacks (12.6%), Hispanics (9.4%), those with less than a high-school diploma (11%) and teens (23.7%).
This is a stunning reversal of the progress for these groups during the expansions of the 1980s and 1990s, and even through the start of the 2008 recession. Census data reveal that from 1981-2008 the biggest income gains were for black women, 81%; followed by white women, 67%; followed by black men, 31%; and white males at 8%.
In other words, the gender and racial income gaps shrank by more than in any period in American history during the Reagan boom of the 1980s and the Clinton boom of the 1990s. Women and blacks continued to make economic progress during the mini-Bush expansion from 2002-07. "Income inequality" has been exacerbated during the Obama era.
The Arsonist-In-Chief starts fires all throughout America and then takes his AF-1 Circus on the road calling for Congress to raise the deficit so we can fund more firefighting efforts.

This guy is a traitorous jerk that outshines all other jerks in the world. Dreams of his father are coming true, folks. America is now in decline because of his efforts.

Vladimir Putin is laughing.
MOM

Waterbury, CT

#983352 Sep 15, 2013
Putin and Congress Checkmate Obama War-hawk “The US must carry out some act somewhere in the world which shows its’ determination to continue to be a world power.”- Henry Kissinger, quoted in The Washington Post, April 1975 The term ‘unintended consequences’ has been used frequently in discussions on the pending Obama Syrian strike. WWIII was used as the cherry on top.
But we did not have to wait long for a demonstration. We got what we Southerners call a General Nathan Bedford Forrest Confederate cavalry flank attack on Monday morning.
Putin was quoted on Friday as having some discussions with Obama on a possible Syrian crisis resolution, and then having Lavrov and Kerry follow up over the weekend.
When Kerry had his surprise ‘turn over your chemical weapons’ moment during his Monday press conference, and it was quickly followed by both Syrian and Russian acceptance, everyone initially suspected an orchestrated de-escaltion was being rolled out after some weekend negotiations.
But that changed quickly. Video tape showed Kerry’s remarks off the cuff responses to a question from a reporter. Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh was quick to recast the orchestration theory as a blunder on Kerry’s part, one snatched up at light speed by the Russian Foreign Ministry (excellent staff work).China, Iran, and the other ‘no pre-emptive strike’ countries jumped aboard the diplomatic solution train which left the station with neither Kerry or Obama aboard.
The Arab League Secretary-General Nabil al-Arabi, in the Egyptian capital Cairo on Tuesday, announced that a formal statement of support for the Russian plan was forthcoming. Britain’s PM, David Cameron also welcomed the proposal.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#983353 Sep 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Okay folks here is what appears to be Obama's official line of excuse making
1)1) Rs call for strikes
2) Rs then oppose Obama's proposed strikes
3) Rs now oppose UN deal over its lack of force threat
1) McCain and Graham doesn't count
2) Just like the majority of Americans
3) You asked for use of force then reversed stance and agreed to removing threat of force
Obama never 'renounced the U S threat to use force'; he asked Congress to delay a vote on it--- McCain & Graham want to screw up a significant Obama foreign policy victory gained through tough diplomacy because Obama won't act rashly and jump on their reckless eagerness to push the U S into another overseas war.
MOM

Waterbury, CT

#983354 Sep 15, 2013
What we watched happen here was a diplomatic and public relations rout. Let’s take a closer look at what was working behind the scenes for the John Kerry gaff to land onto such fertile ground.
First, we can confirm now that we did not see an orchestrated settlement. On Monday Obama was still digging his presidential historical grave by insisting he could legally intervene in Syria without Congressional approval.
Why did he shoot himself in the foot this way? He had counted Congressional votes over the weekend and learned he was going to lose big in the House and also the Senate, but by a smaller margin.
Calls for impeachment if he launched a strike without Congress approval were widely discussed over the weekend and had support from a wide cross section of Americans, including veterans and active duty troops who have been so sorely used by our politicians in our War of Terror.
Americans are not really tired of war, but of phony, manipulated wars. That is what is really driving the opposition.Some people were even posing that Putin might actually prefer an attack as it would end Obama’s legitimacy and America’s along with it on the world stage, whatever there is left of it anyway. It’s hard to believe really, but if you polled Americans now on which world leader has shown the best statesmanship, Putin would win hands down. The rest are viewed as cartoon characters.
Congressmen got pounced on by angry constituents over the weekend. One major example was Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell who had been sitting on the fence as undeclared. He got his ears chewed off by voters who had expected more of him. In a Senate floor speech on Tuesday he said:

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#983355 Sep 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you post without f-bombs?
"John Galt"
If anyone referred to president Bush as a boy "real dumb" would say Amen. Those who refer to president nobama do so because he is not up to doing a man's job.
"real dumb" has nothing to offer, so he constantly uses his favorite, f-bombs, he like the boy president has little to offer.
Peace

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#983356 Sep 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You are dumber than sh*t.
The deficit is coming down, not increasing.
The deficit as a % of the GDP has been dropping since Obama took office.
The amount by which expenses exceed income or costs outstrip revenues. Deficit essentially refers to the difference between cash inflows and outflows.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#983359 Sep 15, 2013
Georgia Healthcare Company to Lay Off Over 100 Because of Obamacare

11:09 AM, Sep 15, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

A Georgia health care company will lay off over 100 employees due in part to Obamacare, according to a WSB-TV report:

"We have confirmed more than 100 Emory health care employees are going to lose their jobs in part because of the Affordable (health) Care Act," said a local anchor.

"I think it's bad it's affordable health care and people are losing their jobs," said a man interviewed by the reporter.

"It's sad. It really is," said another man. "A lot of people are going to lose their homes and cars and everything they worked all their life for."

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#983360 Sep 15, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>So,no matter what the comment is,to you it is racist if someones comments are not intended to praise Obama? I'll praise Obama when he actually does something worth praising,it will never happen.
OMG, you know damn well what a racist slur is.

Why do you people keep defending the use of racial slurs?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#983361 Sep 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Georgia Healthcare Company to Lay Off Over 100 Because of Obamacare
11:09 AM, Sep 15, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER
A Georgia health care company will lay off over 100 employees due in part to Obamacare, according to a WSB-TV report:
"We have confirmed more than 100 Emory health care employees are going to lose their jobs in part because of the Affordable (health) Care Act," said a local anchor.
"I think it's bad it's affordable health care and people are losing their jobs," said a man interviewed by the reporter.
"It's sad. It really is," said another man. "A lot of people are going to lose their homes and cars and everything they worked all their life for."
Daniel Halper of the Weekly Standard? LMAO__if it wasn't for bullsht you'd have noSht.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#983362 Sep 15, 2013
And what a fine piece of sheat he's turned out to be. Libs were warned tho..
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#983363 Sep 15, 2013
MOM wrote:
<quoted text>you hate the thoughts of scholars other than your own i stole nothing because i claimed nothing i just share ideas that i read as far as being racists everyone is racists to you that doesnt agree with you about obama so we should keep silent really and thts your democracy that obama wants to spread around the world that sounds more like tyranny not freedom you are upset that the writing came from a black academic website that you thought was racists because it challanged obama haha thats why i leave ot the sources so when you find it out it smacks you lololololololhaha not my words i try to remain objective hahahahlolololo
Shall I call you Margaret going forward?

What's the fkn point of plagiarizing other right wing nutjobs? It only takes two seconds to expose that nonsense__who do you think reads this thread? Congress? ROFLMAO
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#983364 Sep 15, 2013
Satan's Triangle/Pyramid -

Empire Of The City (States)~ The Crown - Washington DC - The Vatican

http://www.shiftfrequency.com/ http://wordth3.blogspot.com/.../how-world-rea...

How the World Really Works

http://wordth3.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-world...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#983365 Sep 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The article was about the reduction in deficit increase. Nothing to be proud of Sonic.
until it falls below where Bush left it. then You can be proud of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Into The Night 10,059
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr zef 311,595
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 32,323
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 hr Rosa_Winkel 256,538
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web