Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277415 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#982338 Sep 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I posted was true but you are just too small to admit it.
All those thongs you Reagan worshipers claim he did could not have been done without the support of the Democrat controlled congress.
Freudian 'slip'? Lol
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#982339 Sep 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
black on black crime has increased? cite it.
How could it possibly increase? It was already at "gorillas in the midst" levels.

BTW, they gave that innocent De'marquis (hahahaha)Elkins life w/o parole yesterday. Guess that life insurance conspiracy theory didnt pan out. He'll be chimp-meat till the next life....:-)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#982340 Sep 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ever call anyone an idiot again.
According to an MSNBC report:
According to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, the Obama administration has launched 293 drone attacks in Pakistan alone, as compared to 52 strikes under the Bush administration. The bureau estimates that between 2,565 and 3,329 people have been killed, among whom 474 to 884 were civilians. However, distinguishing militants from civilians in the drone war is notoriously difficult. According to The New York Times' sources, the administration "in effect counts all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants...unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent."
"Living Under Drones," a book written by Sarah Knuckey, a professor in the NYU School of Law's Global Justice Clinic, she and her co-authors interviewed 69 "experiential victims" (people whose lives had been directly affected by drone strikes). The people of that region "have a constant fear that they'll be hit, even though they know they're civilians."
"There's a pervasive fear for people every second of the day," she said. "It has a significant mental health impact for people living there."
http://leanforward.msnbc.com/_news/2012/09/25...
Try and imagine hearing drones hovering over your house any time of the day or night. You can't because you're a liberal.
That's some real funny sht babe__what sort of noise do drones make day and night?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982341 Sep 13, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets go to the root of the problem. Inequality of our labors productivity distributions.
Price of Inequality is far more expensive to one and all. Inequality properly addressed, that would benefit, yes even the lone hermit in the woods, to his majesty on the throne, if inequality were to be more justified in its distributions.
Now I will provide a video chart which may be more helpful in comprehending inequality as it is presently exist within the USA. We take care of that problem and the might of the USA would be undisputable through out the world and its Free Markets.
Yes even here in the USA, Austerity has taken its toll. Diminishing our strengths to compete effectively, on the Free Markets Of the World. http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions..
Without inequality of outcomes, there is no incentive to work or produce and society fails.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#982342 Sep 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe that all salaries would not increase as the minimum wage increases, leaving those beginner employees exactly where they were before?
If you increase the minimum wage to $15, how much do you pay the guy now earning $15/hour, given that he currently earns roughly twice the minimum wage?
There would be some reverberations at the lower levels but it would dampen quickly.

You say beginning employees as if they all get promotions. A lot of big box stores depend on paying a sizable portion on their workers minimum wage. They would not survive if all their minim wage workers stayed on & got raises.

The entire problem with the minimum wage is that it has not kept up with inflation.

In my opinion, you get what you pay for. A bunch of people working while they are seeking better paying jobs & who don't have any skin in the well being of your company. The turnover has to be huge.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#982343 Sep 13, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
And the socioeconomic issues are to blame.
Look it up, racist Kkkhunt.
Chubby chimpy lover want a nanner?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#982344 Sep 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So..... which drones drop bombs son?
Operators, stationed at bases such as Creech Air Force Base, near Las Vegas, can hunt for targets and observe terrain using a number of sensors, including a thermal camera. One estimate has the on-board camera able to read a license plate from two miles (3 km) away.[15] An operator's command takes 1.2 seconds to reach the drone via a satellite link. The MQ-9 is fitted with six stores pylons. The inner stores pylons can carry a maximum of 1,500 pounds (680 kilograms) each and allow carriage of external fuel tanks. The mid-wing stores pylons can carry a maximum of 600 pounds (270 kilograms) each, while the outer stores pylons can carry a maximum of 200 pounds (90 kilograms) each. An MQ-9 with two 1,000 pound (450 kilogram) external fuel tanks and a thousand pounds of munitions has an endurance of 42 hours.[14] The Reaper has an endurance of 14 hours when fully loaded with munitions.[5] The MQ-9 carries a variety of weapons including the GBU-12 Paveway II laser-guided bomb, the AGM-114 Hellfire II air-to-ground missiles, the AIM-9 Sidewinder,[15] and recently, the GBU-38 JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition). Tests are underway to allow for the addition of the AIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missile.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#982346 Sep 13, 2013
Alright leftist phags; remember that the best thing you can do for your country is to kill yourseves!! Be a patriot and take action today!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#982349 Sep 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I posted was true but you are just too small to admit it.
All those thongs you Reagan worshipers claim he did could not have been done without the support of the Democrat controlled congress.
I should have known you are such a poor reader I would have had to edit your post so you'd know what I'm talking about

"Today's Republicans in Congress only do what they think will help Republicans & hurt Democrats.'OMG OMG we can allow Obama to be successful as President " Even though it means this country can't be successful."

Dumbass dave towing the liberal line.

Gettysburg, PA

#982350 Sep 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No she wasn't.
It started yesterday when Carol first brought up "Dripping drones" Try to keep up.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982353 Sep 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
black on black crime has increased? cite it.
Nobody cares, particularly the cops and Obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982357 Sep 13, 2013
Whatever wrote:
When you trade votes for promises you can't keep-
10 most threatened state pension plans
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-most-thre...
#1 - Illinois

#2 - Connecticut

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#982359 Sep 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Aren't you the idiots who are rooting for putin against Obama my ruskie fiend?
Pointing out the fact that Obama was proved to be an ignorant buffoon on the world's stage due to his complete lack of knowledge of how the world works, and having been indoctrinated with fraudulent "facts" to support the ideologies indoctrinating him, is not rooting. It's just pointing out the fact that we have an embarrassingly ignorant and incapable government today.

Oh, and by the way, try to remember who posts what here. Maybe if you put the elephant down every now and then, it might help.

Gettysburg, PA

#982360 Sep 13, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The programs you refer to were bad programs that would do the exact opposite of their intent. As with almost every thing government whatever the name it will do the opposite.
I guess you are suggesting that kids eat less? that we have more tent cities?

Most of these programs help people move from government dependency to self sustaining people.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#982361 Sep 13, 2013
WAKE UP MIDDLE CLASS wrote:
Dr.James Manning's Advice to Black People - Vote on Issues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4NrIQXrEMgwXX
The fake Dr. Manning from Harlem? Figures that your stupid azz would cite that phony fk.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#982362 Sep 13, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing the republicans with no leadership what so ever.
Laughable poofball comment, considering Obama's Syrian debacle....

The Republican leadership is Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Marco Rubio. The others are just placeholders.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#982363 Sep 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Ohhhhh noooooo son! Why would I make such a claim? All I'm asking if for you to support your ridiculous claims of all these 'wars' by dems.
I think the facts are getting to you and you're finding your only mouse hole to escape it to LIE even more!
poor baby. so scared. so fragile.
Confused one-

You never challenged whether Dems were in power until now you are trying to change the goal posts. The decision not challenge if Dems were in power was a wise one as it is common knowledge and the onus would be on you to disprove. You have stupidly gave up this position so you have a bunch of research to do.

What you were demanding was Declarations of War. I assumed these wars-with the exception of Kosovo-were legal wars that had obtained Declaration of Wars or the modern equivalent of authorization of military use.

You are one who is challenging this. Show us were the Dems engaged in illegal wars.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#982366 Sep 13, 2013
Barack Obama’s new top economic deputy is a former management consultant who worked for Gov. Mitt Romney’s Bain & Company investment firm.

On the campaign, Obama repeatedly slammed Romney’s management-consulting business, and one of his TV-ads even suggested Romney was responsible for the death of a former employee’s spouse, who passed away after a battle with cancer.
STUPID LIBERALS

Winterville, NC

#982368 Sep 13, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
All red states, azzhole
HAY AZZHOLE WHO GIVES A DAMN IF IT IS
A RED,PINK,GREEN,YELLOW STATE!LETS HELP THE NEEDY NOT THE GREEDY AZZHOLE!!!!!!!!!!

Gettysburg, PA

#982369 Sep 13, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Freudian 'slip'? Lol
I could have asked why you thought Democrats need to be "lead".

At least the "o" key s next to the "i" key.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 min Into The Night 6,923
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 247,536
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 310,234
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr stewart scott 29,949
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Tue Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web