Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#981526 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Apparently, once again with respect to Syria, the White House was caught off guard by events they are frantically reacting to instead of shaping. Speaking to CNN's Jake Tapper, a White House official publicly responded to Russian President Vladmir Putin's New York Times op-ed with the admission that Putin "now owns" and has "fully asserted ownership" of America's current foreign policy focal point; pushing Syria to surrender its chemical weapons:
“That’s all irrelevant,” the White House official said in response [to Putin's op-ed].“He put this proposal forward and he’s now invested in it. That’s good. That’s the best possible reaction. He’s fully invested in Syria’s CW disarmament and that’s potentially better than a military strike – which would deter and degrade but wouldn’t get rid of all the chemical weapons. He now owns this. He has fully asserted ownership of it and he needs to deliver.”
On its face, the lack of statesmanship in the language of "owns this" is troubling enough. And while it is apparent that what the White House is trying do here is frame a failure to rid Syria of its chemical weapons as a personal failure for Putin, once again we have a White House playing checkers as Putin plays three-dimensional chess.
Forget the fact that Putin isn't George W. Bush; someone who will sit quietly as the White House and its media allies attempt to put the blame on anyone other than the man responsible. Let us also forget that Putin's brilliant tactical move of saying "yes," to an offer an off-script Secretary of State was sure would be refused, has nothing to do with the goal of disarming Syria and everything to do with ensuring his BFF Syrian president Bashar Assad stays in power.
No, what is so troubling about the White House's amateurish response to Putin's op-ed is that they are giving Putin exactly what he wants: "ownership" of the tune Barack Obama is currently and feverishly dancing to.
By admitting Putin "owns" and "put this proposal forward," the White house is admitting they had nothing to do with shaping or creating the very proposal that is right now driving American foreign policy. Essentially, the White House is admitting that Putin is in charge and that America is following his lead. In other words, it is the Russian president driving American foreign policy, and America doesn't even have control over whether or not that policy succeeds or fails!
With his off-teleprompter red line remark last year, President Obama blundered himself and this country into a humiliating mess. With his off-script "offer" this week, John Kerry blundered right into the hands of Putin and made Russia the world player it has wanted to be since the fall of the Berlin Wall.
And now the White House has blundered again into Putin's trap because they thought a good way to respond to Putin using the pages of the New York Times to troll Americans and gloat in front of America over his victory, was to admit Putin really is steering the ship of state.
lol! So... looks like cons now want to be the world's policeman instead of giving russia a taste of it!

Cons... they just can't make up their minds.

...'cause they don't have one!

I love this comedy channel!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#981527 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That appears to be thinking behind it.
lol! Ruskie thinking!

One thing reich wingers here are proving....

... they LOVE commies!

I love this comedy channel.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#981528 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>It's the culture...
Repeat please.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#981529 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Afghanistan, Obama's War?
Actually son, bushie boy went in there.

You must have missed that.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#981530 Sep 12, 2013
EVIL oil exploration technology...

Finds water in desert...

"Kenya finds '70 year supply' of water in desert region"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/afr...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981531 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That appears to be thinking behind it.
Patriotic Americans do not support Putin or Russia, but are nevertheless greatly disappointed that the President of the United States is playing the buffoon on the world stage.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981532 Sep 12, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Assad to give up WMD only if Obama stops arming Al Queda.
Assad will have a hard time stoping Obama from helping Al Queda!!!
seems reasonable...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#981533 Sep 12, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
some of the trolls like me now come out as Russians
It's the culture..
LCNLin

United States

#981534 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Afghanistan, Obama's War?
Bush invaded ...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981535 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Eed, pull your head of your fat ass & think. You pay for what goes into the system.
Eed's view of his electricity supplier:
Generation Plant supervisor: "OK load up Moocher Eed's electricity & route it to his residence"
The guy on the plant floor grabs the plug marked "Moocher Eed" and plugs it into the generator.
Avista has options to purchase a higher percentage of renewables. http://www.avistautilities.com/services/renew...
Go back and read your link again, if you can read. "A higher percentage of renewables" is not what is offered.
LCNLin

United States

#981536 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Galt once again show his ignorance. I would suggest Galt dos some research on diet sodas & learn how they are worse that water.
Yes but Galt is brighter than the right wing trolls.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#981537 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Another mindless observation sonicmoron - but the view into a tormented mind was worth the read.
It's the culture...
Repeat please
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981538 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you opposed to choice?
not me.

GOP bill blocks food stamp users from buying junk food

Rep. Phil Roe (R-Tenn.) on Tuesday proposed legislation that would require people using federal food stamps to buy only healthy food.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/3...

guess that will shut down the Michelle bashing.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#981539 Sep 12, 2013
Russia and its "Mowlgi" children...

"In 2011, two "Mowgli" girls aged four and six were found in St. Petersburg. Raised by chronic alcoholics, they could not talk, never had a hot meal — and expressed gratitude by licking the hands of caregivers."

Chirping...

"In 2008, social workers in the central city of Volgograd found a six-year-old boy whose mother kept him locked in their apartment building. The boy could not talk but chirped, imitating parrots that lived in the apartment:

http://jungletrader.blogspot.com/2013/09/russ...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#981540 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriotic Americans do not support Putin or Russia, but are nevertheless greatly disappointed that the President of the United States is playing the buffoon on the world stage.
And yet, those so called 'patriots' support putin over the American president.

It's clear where those 'patriot' loyalties lie... and it's not in America!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981541 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Galt once again show his ignorance. I would suggest Galt dos some research on diet sodas & learn how they are worse that water.
Zero calories is zero calories.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981542 Sep 12, 2013
Vladimir Putin’s New York Times op-ed, annotated and fact-checked

LOL you knew this was coming.

It is more a comparison of Obama v Putin policies many of which are not that dissimilar.

It is worth the read to provide some background about the two players involvement in the Syrian conflict.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#981543 Sep 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I may get my wish whoever is elected after Putin. I am a communist
It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981544 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, Sonic doesn't know anything, just parrots leftwing crap.
why not? i'm dealing with right wing parrots.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#981545 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Man,
You'll argue about anything...

I, personally, love your maniacal rantings on taxes...
and your ludicrous attempts to defend Obama-care!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 min Earthling-1 4,334
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 235,751
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 36 min RiccardoFire 201,409
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr RickJP 308,950
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr stewart scott 29,073
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Mon CS Rosenberg 71
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... Feb 28 IdeasandTruth 1
More from around the web