Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274802 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981389 Sep 12, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, here we go. A liberal imbecile that thinks "Sweden is doing just fine", is now a know-it-all authority on Syria too!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!
You libtards are just plain dumb as a box of rocks. Between you & Dumb Dave we have an IQ of 40.
imbecile?

"I don't know why you're talking about Sweden. They're the neutral one. They don't have an army." says the expert on Iraq's non-existent WMDs.

anyone wonder why we got spanked in Iraq? well there ya go.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981390 Sep 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
'Justice for Benghazi' Rally Predicts Crowd Of Thousands On 9/11, Gets Less Than A Hundred
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/beng...
The much talked about One Million Muslim March got 30.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981393 Sep 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you mean austerity doesn't work.
Well, that was misinformed.

Greece had gone bankrupt due to big spending on Social programs. In order to get a loan from the EU they were forced to develop an austerity program. Socialism doesn't work.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#981394 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We had a balanced budget in 2000.
WTF happened?
Who took us from that balanced budget to doubling the debt, fomenting the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse,, a near financial meltdown & two quagmire wars?
You seem to chronically forget 9/11, even after its anniversary. Anyone who wants one party to control all branches of government is a fool.

"No Democrat-Controlled Congress Has Balanced Federal Budget in 40 Years; No Republican President Has Balanced Federal Budget in 50 Years

More recently, the federal budget was balanced in fiscal years 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001. A Republican-controlled Congress approved the appropriations for each one of those years and Democratic President Bill Clinton signed them. In fiscal years 1994 and 1995, when President Clinton governed with a Democrat-controlled Congress, the federal government ran deficits of $203.2 billion and $163.9 billion respectively."
Whatever

Gering, NE

#981395 Sep 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
imbecile?
"I don't know why you're talking about Sweden. They're the neutral one. They don't have an army." says the expert on Iraq's non-existent WMDs.
anyone wonder why we got spanked in Iraq? well there ya go.
Sonic continues to make a flawed assertion.

He has no excuse for making the same dumb assertion more than once as he was informed of his error a while back.

"The Swedish Army trains land combat and air defence units which, in concert with Air Force and naval units, can be deployed operationally on both national and international missions.

The Army’s land forces are being reoriented towards an increasingly clear rapid-response, mission-oriented role which includes participation in international operations."

http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/en/Organisation/...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#981396 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you think chemical weapons should be available for anyone to use but there are those who believe these weapons should not be used.
In fact, over 180 nations joined an organization to end the use of chemical weapons that are banned under the Geneva Convention.
Evidently you also believe people that violate these resolutions should be only scolded only & just winked at & allowed to continue.
Syria needs to suffer the consequences of using thee weapons against their own people. You evidently think that Assad was right to use these weapons.
I support a military strike against Assad's military would be justified to punish Asaad for his military's use of chemical weapons. If a deal can be reached to avoid a strike that also punished Assad, then I would be OK with that also.
I was just correcting lily on who our resident war monger really is. Wear it as a badge, dumbass dave.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#981397 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you think chemical weapons should be available for anyone to use but there are those who believe these weapons should not be used.
In fact, over 180 nations joined an organization to end the use of chemical weapons that are banned under the Geneva Convention.
Evidently you also believe people that violate these resolutions should be only scolded only & just winked at & allowed to continue.
Syria needs to suffer the consequences of using thee weapons against their own people. You evidently think that Assad was right to use these weapons.
I support a military strike against Assad's military would be justified to punish Asaad for his military's use of chemical weapons. If a deal can be reached to avoid a strike that also punished Assad, then I would be OK with that also.
Btw, lily is the one saying we should butt out. Tell it to her.
Annie

New York, NY

#981398 Sep 12, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
The Democrats/Unions got what they supported and now are whining!
Democrats believe anything, then cry when they get their wishes!
Democrats are screwing the USA.
"The AFL-CIO approved a resolution saying that President Obama's health care overhaul will drive up the costs of union-sponsored health plans to the point that workers and employers are forced to abandon them."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/12/af...
A fine example of how Democrats screw up everything can be found in California.

Despite what God and man in the past have given the state, CA has often squandered its inheritance,it is called Death by Liberal Policy.

For all its costly investments in wind & solar power, CA electricity rates are the steepest in the nation.
The tab falls most heavily not on the green elites of the affluent coastal communities, but on the poor and middle classes concentrated in the hotter & colder interior. For many in Fresno or Bakersfield, keeping on the air conditioning when August temperatures hit 100 is a fantasy from a bygone age.

Californians pay among the highest gas prices in the country. Again, those astronomical costs seem surreal, given that the state sits atop huge untapped deposits of gas & oil.

The California paradox of having among the highest taxes and among the worst services is also echoed in state-by-state rankings of public school test scores. California continues to place near the bottom.

Do those sky-high California gas taxes translate into superb roads? Not yet at least. Reason Foundation's 20th annual highway report ranked California roads 47th in the nation.

In the last 20 yrs, 3.4M middle- and upper-middle-class Californians have fled paradise for low- or no-tax states. In contrast, the state currently has had the largest influx of residents who immigrated ILLEGALLY.

Although exact numbers are impossible to obtain, estimates suggest that about 3M Latin American nationals are residing in California. Many are hardworking immigrants, but most arrive illegally, don't speak English, and don't have money or a high school education.

Ensuring foreign nationals minimum parity with US citizens requires huge state inputs in education, law enforcement and health services. The 2012 census listed CA as having the highest poverty level (23.5%) of any state in the union.

A state with roughly 12% of the U.S. population is now home to 33% of the nation's welfare recipients.

What, then, is the state's strategy for recovery? More taxes, regulations and government.

Apparently, officials in Sacramento assume that the state's rich inheritance, coastal culture, and natural beauty and climate will ensure that most Californians stay put, keep innovating, and pony up far more in sales, income and gas taxes.

The exorbitant cost of living will simply be the shakedown price of being a resident of hip Newport Beach or Palo Alto -- places believed to be safe, if not immune, from the turmoil growing elsewhere in the state.

So will California recover its past glory -- or go the way of Detroit?

It may do both.

Coastal greens, progressive Bay Area gays, liberal urban elites and hip dot-com workers will probably not soon flee the temperate, scenic corridor from Berkeley to San Diego. For at least a while longer, they will be wealthy and confident enough to afford the living costs that high taxes and myriads of regulations ensure.

Yet for the strapped middle classes in the interior of the Los Angeles basin and the Central Valley, there is a perfect storm raging. They can ill afford the soaring taxes, high unemployment, costly illegal immigration, escalating crime rates, substandard roads, record power and gas prices, underwater home values and dismal schools.

In short, the California coastal corridor still resembles Germany, while much of the interior is BECOMING GREECE.

"How goes California..."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981399 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The much talked about One Million Muslim March got 30.
but hey, just think of how foolish the conservatives who overreacted must feel now.

and at least someone paid attention to the 1MMM.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#981400 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So,what is your plan. Do nothing like the rest of your right whiner buddies?
Even if Assad hides some chemical weapons, the bulk will be taken & his programs dismantled. A lot more than a military strike would do.
You support whatever obama tells you to support...we get it. Funny, even lily the lush isn't that stupid.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981401 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic continues to make a flawed assertion.
He has no excuse for making the same dumb assertion more than once as he was informed of his error a while back.
"The Swedish Army trains land combat and air defence units which, in concert with Air Force and naval units, can be deployed operationally on both national and international missions.
The Army’s land forces are being reoriented towards an increasingly clear rapid-response, mission-oriented role which includes participation in international operations."
http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/en/Organisation/...
why are you giving me a hard time about the low IQ POTUS you voted for?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#981402 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin might be the leader if only he would have suggested his solution prior to being forced into it else risk a military strike on their ally & being tagged as a supporter of ChemicalWeapon warfare.
Hahahahahaha!!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981403 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was misinformed.
Greece had gone bankrupt due to big spending on Social programs. In order to get a loan from the EU they were forced to develop an austerity program. Socialism doesn't work.
The Tragedy of Greek Austerity Continues…

After writing about the tragedy of Greek austerity for more than a year, I’ve love to (finally) have some good news to share. But when it comes to austerity, the news is never good. In Greece, the news is bad and getting worse.

The latest news is that Greece’s economy is still shrinking. In fact, the Greek economy just posted its 20th consecutive decline, shrinking 4.6 percent in the three months through June – for a grand total of 20 percent shrinkage since January 2008. The only good news is that economists predicted a shrinkage rate of 5 percent.

For millions of Greeks bearing up under six years of austerity measures, and an economy stuck in recession because of those austerity measures, that the economy shrank slightly less than predicted is nothing to cheer about. The impact of austerity on ordinary Greek citizens is the real tragedy.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/18195-t...

in order to get a loan from the EU? 6 years ago?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#981404 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was misinformed.
Greece had gone bankrupt due to big spending on Social programs. In order to get a loan from the EU they were forced to develop an austerity program. Socialism doesn't work.
Dunderhead
I come in PEACE

Bronx, NY

#981405 Sep 12, 2013
Hello Liberal War Hawks no more concern for the homeless the Poor the Elderly Children dying in America Hunger in America the LIBS have JOINED with the NEOCONs to be better Con artists Bush Backs Obama same ideology Big Business Rules John Mccain says the same as Obama but then again Mccain Gave Obama the First Election why was a Democrat was so Big in his campaign our government is the NBA Lakers plays MIA for the champinionship at the end they are in the same League trade players from one team to another OBAMAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAha
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#981406 Sep 12, 2013
McCain: Putin’s Op-Ed Insults Americans’ Intelligence

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/m...

not if you're a right wing commie loving Putin fanboy/FOXbot.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#981407 Sep 12, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You support whatever obama tells you to support...we get it. Funny, even lily the lush isn't that stupid.
Oh really? You dittoheads are applauding Putin and imagine Russia to be some sort of Utopia!! I wish one of you dolts would go live there and see how long before you end up in a Siberian gulag for opening your mouth, or given poison tea that eats your face off.
Idiots.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#981408 Sep 12, 2013
MOGADISHU, Somalia — A rapping jihadi from Alabama who ascended the ranks of Somalia's al-Qaida-linked extremist rebels and was on the FBI's Most Wanted list with a $5 million reward for his capture was killed Thursday in an ambush ordered by the rebels' leader, the militants said.

Omar Hammami, a native of Daphne, Alabama, who was known as Abu Mansoor Al-Amriki, or "the American," died in southern Somalia following several months on the run after a falling-out with al-Shabab's top leader, the rebels said.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#981409 Sep 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
here's one O'Reilly missed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/just...
oh wait, another...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/anth...
oh wait, another....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/rich...
oh wait, another.....
A 19-year-old man and his pregnant wife have been charged in the killing of a state trooper in northern Michigan's Mason County.
Eric Knysz is charged with murder of an officer as well as three other crimes, according to the Associated Press. His wife, 21-year-old Sarah Knysz, also faces two charges related to driving away from the scene.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/eric...
oh wait,.........
O'Reilly is not in the business of reporting every single crime in the country. Local reporters don't even do that. He's a news commentator, not a news reporter. He comments and leads discussions on the pressing issues of the day that affect all of us. And he looks out for the folks. Your liberal media doesn't. They look out for the elitists they put in power.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#981410 Sep 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tragedy of Greek Austerity Continues…
After writing about the tragedy of Greek austerity for more than a year, I’ve love to (finally) have some good news to share. But when it comes to austerity, the news is never good. In Greece, the news is bad and getting worse.
The latest news is that Greece’s economy is still shrinking. In fact, the Greek economy just posted its 20th consecutive decline, shrinking 4.6 percent in the three months through June – for a grand total of 20 percent shrinkage since January 2008. The only good news is that economists predicted a shrinkage rate of 5 percent.
For millions of Greeks bearing up under six years of austerity measures, and an economy stuck in recession because of those austerity measures, that the economy shrank slightly less than predicted is nothing to cheer about. The impact of austerity on ordinary Greek citizens is the real tragedy.
http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/18195-t...
in order to get a loan from the EU? 6 years ago?
The socialist policies is still the cause of it no matter how many articles you cut and paste. We will be Greece if we continue down this path. How many people do you know who work just to pay for the coffee they had last year? How many people you know that are so overwhelmed by debt that they just go to work to keep the creditors at bay but appear to be affluent and well to do? Bet there are more than you think. People live beyond their means. Countries are the same way. You can't live beyond your means with socialist programs. The house of cards (credit) will always fall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 min mjjcpa 6,814
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Knowledge- 247,252
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr chris beerman 29,913
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Jeffery Bodefus 310,473
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web