Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1384179 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#979794 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin is KGB and your ally ;-)
Putin is a leader. I have never been afraid of the KGB so your rhetoric is useless.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#979795 Sep 10, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary might fall on her head again and might make Biden the Candidate. Can you imagine Biden with a bottle of scotch in one hand and the launch codes in the other.
If you feel threatened, just step out onto the porch and fire an ICBM into the air.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#979796 Sep 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"OMG OMG OMG buying insurance from PRIVATE insurance companies to get care from PRIVATE doctors & PRIVATE hospitals" OMG OMG OMG"
We wouldn't have to borrow 1.3 trillion if Bush had not crashed the economy& we didn't have to pay for two quagmire wars.
I had to pay for Vietnam...

You have to pay for Iraq...

Fair is fair dummy!

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#979797 Sep 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy wasn't putting 5 times as many people into poverty as it was giving a living wage to before ObamaKare, idiot.

Now Dumbf*ckwaiter says that Obamacare created the Bush recession.

My God, man. Get a grip.

Prevented this

#979798 Sep 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin & Russia were embarrassed that their ally used chemical weapons & very pissed off at Assad for it.
Kerry gave them an out & Putin took it.
It really happened quite fast. You know, like it had been orchestrated in advance just like Homer said.
Putin does not want a war.
I hope it works.
Too bad Bush was too inept to avoid the cake walk of the Iraq war..
oh and by the way you must have missed your script today: Democrats blaming Republicans for O'bama having to turn to Russian President Vladimir Putin. hehehe.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#979799 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush seems patriotic.
Former President George W. Bush said Friday that his successor has a “tough choice to make” on U.S. intervention in Syria, as American allies and Congress appear to be balking at the idea of a strike on Syrian military assets.
“The president’s got a tough choice to make,” he said during an appearance on Fox News Channel as a part of a golf fundraiser for veterans.“And if he decides to use our military he’ll have the greatest military ever backing him up.”
The former president – who launched a military intervention in Iraq in 2003 based on the belief that that country’s leader, Saddam Hussein, was harboring stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction – said that he did not want to get “roped in” to commenting on the ongoing debate over whether a strike in Syria would be justified based on its regime’s apparent use of chemical weapons.
But, he added, he regarded Syrian president Bashar al Assad with suspicion during his presidency.
“I was not a fan of Mr. Assad,” he said.“He’s an ally of Iran and he’s made mischief.”
Asked about his thoughts on the international community’s apparent reluctance to sign off on military intervention, Bush – who assembled a “coalition of the willing” of more than two dozen countries before his invasion of Iraq – declined to comment.
“The president has to make a tough call,” he repeated.“I know that you’re trying to subtly rope me in to the issues of the day. I refuse to be roped in.“
Yes, President Bush does have more class and dignity than the present one.

But you can bet the farm Obama will let Russia save the day in spite of "Assad being an ally with Iran and made of mischief."

Obama should have been more proactive long before now. He's weakened America any way you look at it.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#979800 Sep 10, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Can you show us your proof Assad actually was the implementer of the Sarin Gas?
His government was & Assad knows it & is refusing to admit it.

I don't think Assad ordred the use of the chemical weapons.

His military did.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#979801 Sep 10, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
'you people'
History shows us that if you are a whitey...using that language is RACIST...
"NAACP Offers Chilly Response to Perot Speech"
http://articles.latimes.com/1992-07-12/news/m...
So you are a racist or an idiot:
Which is it?
lol! Pick one.

After all,'you people' need to put labels on others to make your case son.
LCNLin

Brooksville, FL

#979802 Sep 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so distorted that I have no comment.
amusing the republicans now love Putin and the KGB
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#979803 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Incredible.
Have you, during an argument with yo Black Hubby, ever resorted to the 'you people' gambit on him?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#979804 Sep 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
See...this is my dilemma with your solution. If you agree Assad has killed thousands of his own people and perhaps even hundreds using chemical weapons (although no one seems to have direct proof of that yet) and agree Putin is a devotee of Stalin and supplies and supports Assad and, therefore, responsible for the killing of thousands of people, why in the world should Putin be entrusted to do the right thing with those chemical weapons?
Assad is a ruthless dictator. He has killed thousands of people.
However, I have seen no proof he was the one who initiated the chemical weapons attack. For some reason, nobody has any proof, although they say they have. The only thing I hear is him being accused by known pathological liars.
Where's the proof?
It's just as likely Al Qaeda did it.

Putin says Al Qaeda did it.
Obama says Assad did it.
Which of the above has a history of routinely lying to you?

I think the best solution is for Putin to just go in and take the chemical weapons and secure them in Russia.
Obama is Muslim Brotherhood. Having him anywhere near them will be the same as just handing them over to Al Qaeda. There is no way I want Obama anywhere near them.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#979805 Sep 10, 2013
I guess if we were keeping score it would be Assad, 1 Obama, 0 ....Syria Resumes Airstrikes Against Rebels!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#979806 Sep 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Some day you'll support the USA, maybe.
The USA is the constitutional republic of the United States.
Tell us about the unconstitutional activities of the Obama government. Maybe one day you'll support the USA.
The enemy of the USA is the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda. Tell us why you want a Muslim Brotherhood president and Muslim Brotherhood making policy in the White House, and to get Americans killed to help Al Qaeda's invasion and attempt to take over Syria and get the chemical weapons there. Maybe one day you'll support the USA.
The Constitution is diametrically opposed to Marxist communism. Maybe one day you'll support the constitutional republic of the USA.
Toby Keith probably said it better than anyone else:
American girls and American guys, will always stand up and salute.
We'll always recognize, when we see ol' glory flying,
There's a lot of men dead,
So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our heads.
My daddy served in the army where he lost his right eye,
But he flew a flag out in our yard 'til the day that he died.
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me.
To grow up and live happy in the land of the free.
Now this nation that I love is fallin' under attack.
A mighty sucker-punch came flying in from somewhere in the back.
Soon as we could see clearly through our big black eye,
Man, we lit up your world like the fourth of July.
Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.
And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you.
Ah, brought to you, courtesy of the red, white and blue.
Oh, justice will be served and the battle will rage:
This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage.
An' you'll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A.
'Cos we'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way.
Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.
And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you.
Ah, brought to you, courtesy of the red, white and blue.
lol! Don't worry about America son. She'll do fine.

Just worry about your ruskie comrades!

Prevented this

#979807 Sep 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure that was Putin's plan. Could be wrong.
Don't think so though.
He may have avoided the worst case scenario, but at what price to America and our credibility in the world going forward?
Russia, Iran, China and Syria could very well be seen as the heroes saving the world from further use of chemical weapons and America the "unbelievably small" problem solvers who may have actually made the problem unimaginably worse.
Obama single-handedly got us here all by himself.
Everyone (except low information voters) knew where O'bama was going to take the United States of America once he was elected--he is doing exactly what he (O'bama) planned to do. Does this come as a 'surprise' to you? certainly it is not a surprise to me. O'bama has done exactly what I said he would do five years ago. You may not know but I lived in Chicago at the time.
LCNLin

Brooksville, FL

#979808 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Agreed! President Assad said last night that sarin is something anyone can make in their backyard!
Both Presidents Bush are advising President Obama.
GHW Bush was in and out quickly in the first war.

Trolls here are not even republicans?

See ok out today, maybe rain later.
rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#979809 Sep 10, 2013
Will Vladimir Putin address the United States tonight instead of bo?

Prevented this

#979810 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
To repatriate the worlds Jews back to Russia?
In Big New Museum, Russia Has a Message for Jews: We Like You
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/09/world/europ...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#979811 Sep 10, 2013
Police investigating a possible domestic violence incident involving George Zimmerman and his wife told reporters this afternoon there may be video of what happened on an iPad.

However, the tablet was smashed and "is in multiple pieces," Lake Mary police spokesman Officer Zach Hudson said today.

Police are still investigating to determine whether Shellie or George Zimmerman should be charged with domestic-violence battery.

It's also possible George would be charged with destruction of evidence, if police confirm Shellie's complaint that George broke the iPad.

"It's been pretty badly damaged
Hudson told reporters it was up to police — not to the Zimmermans — to determine whether domestic violence charges are warranted against either of them.

"In Florida when it comes to domestic violence, the person in question doesn't have the right to press charges or not press charges," Hudson said, adding that police investigate and "we either forward charges (to the State Attorney's Office) or make an arrest on scene
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-george-zimmerm...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#979812 Sep 10, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence that Assad used chemical weapons, there is evidence however that al Qaeda rebels used it (who are being armed and trained by the us)
There is also abundant evidence that the rebels are war criminals, executing helpless prisoners.

Why should we fight for these subhuman creatures?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#979813 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush seems patriotic.
Former President George W. Bush said Friday that his successor has a “tough choice to make” on U.S. intervention in Syria, as American allies and Congress appear to be balking at the idea of a strike on Syrian military assets.
“The president’s got a tough choice to make,” he said during an appearance on Fox News Channel as a part of a golf fundraiser for veterans.“And if he decides to use our military he’ll have the greatest military ever backing him up.”
The former president – who launched a military intervention in Iraq in 2003 based on the belief that that country’s leader, Saddam Hussein, was harboring stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction – said that he did not want to get “roped in” to commenting on the ongoing debate over whether a strike in Syria would be justified based on its regime’s apparent use of chemical weapons.
But, he added, he regarded Syrian president Bashar al Assad with suspicion during his presidency.
“I was not a fan of Mr. Assad,” he said.“He’s an ally of Iran and he’s made mischief.”
Asked about his thoughts on the international community’s apparent reluctance to sign off on military intervention, Bush – who assembled a “coalition of the willing” of more than two dozen countries before his invasion of Iraq – declined to comment.
“The president has to make a tough call,” he repeated.“I know that you’re trying to subtly rope me in to the issues of the day. I refuse to be roped in.“
What we have is a choice of:

1) Supporting Shi'ite terrorists; or
2) Supporting Suni terrorists; or
3) Staying the fuck out and let them fight among themselves.

If you mention chemical weapon attack, back it up with some of that proof Obama says he has. I haven't seen any proof yet. All I've heard is a pathological liar accusing Assad.

Obama is a stooge for the Muslim Brotherhood. We know what his orders are.

Do you want Americans to be killed helping Al Qaeda invade a country to overthrow the government and get chemical weapons?
That's the real question.
And, that's a "yes" or "no" question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min DAVID27 311,216
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Chosen Traveler 32,272
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr IB DaMann 9,642
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) Sun Be Jesus like 36
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat ChristineM 255,314
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA May 28 predators still o... 1
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) May 26 Financial Consult... 6
More from around the web