Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383517 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#977072 Sep 6, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go and join the Russian army you traitor. Favor or not favor, you should still be an American.
How is your "brilliant" chess moving doing lily?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

"JAWS of DEFEAT?"

"Possibly seeing the specter of defeat starting to hang over his decision to seek congressional backing for a Syria strike, President Obama announced on Friday that he plans to make his case to the American people next week from the White House.

Obama, speaking toward the close of the G-20 summit in Russia, reiterated that the Assad regime's alleged use of chemical weapons last week is a "threat to global peace and security" and must be met with a military response. He said he plans to address the American people from the White House on Tuesday.

"I will make the best case that I can to the American people as well as to the international community to take necessary and appropriate action," Obama said.

The decision comes as his team struggles to win rank-and-file support in the House – with even top ally Nancy Pelosi saying she’s not sure she can round up a majority of her caucus. The president was not doing much better 5,000 miles away, seemingly running into a wall -- and Vladimir Putin -- during his brief visit to St. Petersburg, Russia, for the G-20 summit as he tries to sway allies to back his plan.

For now, U.S. lawmakers say their constituents are overwhelmingly against military action in Syria – a fact they weigh heavily as they consider how to vote."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/06/ob...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#977073 Sep 6, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I remember that, including that Kuwaiti girl who testified about the Iraqis throwing babies out of incubators to steal the machinery.
Turns out she was the daughter of an Kuwaiti diplomat who was living here in the states......
We also didn't do anything when Saddam started a war with Iran and used poison gas and nerve agents on the Iranians....well that's not exactly true
WE SUPPLIED SADDAM WITH THOSE WMD'S AND GAVE HIM THE INTEL ON LARGE IRANIAN TROOP FORMATIONS WHERE THEY COULD BE USED.
<quoted text>
Again, where did Saddam get those WMD's??
Correction, under the Shah of Iran, someone we put in power, there were mass graves filled with Iranians killed by the SAVAK
<quoted text>
Shall we start enforcing those HUNDREDS of UN resolutions against Israel?
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the Iraqi leader the CIA helped put into power in 1979
There are many options to help in the ouster of leader but most importantly
WE SHOULD LEARN TO MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS
So Hussein gassing his own people is excused-folks.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#977074 Sep 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know which country you "owe" allegiance to?
Hi Carol.
Well, we used to owe allegiance to a country that stood for something, believed in something greater than ourselves and everyone had the same freedoms and opportunities as everyone else. And where the majority and their voice ruled the elected.

I don't owe allegiance to any country that encourages a nanny state, destroys traditional values and elects power hungry elitists and puts them in charge of every aspect of our lives.

Which country do you owe your allegiance?

We have two now, you know.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#977075 Sep 6, 2013
This is Good News…A liberal talk radio station in Buffalo that had been syndicating left-wing talkers like Bill Press, Stephanie Miller, Ed Schultz, and Randi Rhodes went off the air and was replaced by ESPN sports talk radio!!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#977076 Sep 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
A new jobs report sends the right whiners scrambling to find negative aspects.
LOL... You wish dumbass...

It's the culture...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#977077 Sep 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So Hussein gassing his own people is excused-folks.
apparently so, as not only did President Reagan do nothing in retaliation for the attack, we sold him the WMD's.

Its an internal affair.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#977078 Sep 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If anybody thinks Americans are stupid its probably from reading comments like these. Well, that and Baywatch.
Hey Fletch, what can I say. I did not know our humble message board had someone who the world focused on the words he spoke.

Wow, what you say is more important than Obama's bumbled red line remark!

Orlando, FL

#977079 Sep 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Down 44 points more since posting.
No wonder LCN is nowhere to be found. He's probably curled up in a fetal position in a corner somewhere.

He was so elated and convinced things were looking up just a few weeks ago.

He must be absolutely crushed.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#977080 Sep 6, 2013
TSM wrote:
This is Good News…A liberal talk radio station in Buffalo that had been syndicating left-wing talkers like Bill Press, Stephanie Miller, Ed Schultz, and Randi Rhodes went off the air and was replaced by ESPN sports talk radio!!
The only reason the counter part- MSNBC is surviving is we are paying to keep them on the air when we buy cable bundles. Now some are paying for al Jazeera.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#977081 Sep 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"Amateurs!!"???
If anybody's the master of perpetual war its our government. If you want something colossally fcked up right look no further than our friends in DC.
Add Detzing, firmly in the obama pro-war column, along with Realtime, sonicmoron, lily, and Dumbass Dave.

It's the culture...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#977082 Sep 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we used to owe allegiance to a country that stood for something, believed in something greater than ourselves and everyone had the same freedoms and opportunities as everyone else. And where the majority and their voice ruled the elected.
I don't owe allegiance to any country that encourages a nanny state, destroys traditional values and elects power hungry elitists and puts them in charge of every aspect of our lives.
Which country do you owe your allegiance?
We have two now, you know.
well if you weren't a white male from 1776 to the 1970's, you may not have owed your allegiance.....

and speaking of power hungry elites, guess under what presidents the income redistribution to the upper 1% occurred the most under

BTW, if you only owe your allegiance to this country when your party is in power, maybe you should leave. as obviously you don't understand anything about democracy.

I'll help you pack

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#977083 Sep 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I do know for a fact that House Republicans and a President Romney would have already repealed the tax called Obamacare and the Senate Democrats would have been the obstructionists since the majority still don't want it. Enough pressure and I'm pretty sure they would have caved.
And I do know for a fact that by repealing Obamacare, employers would go back to hiring full-time workers and expanding their businesses without the strong arm of the government regulating and taxing them into oblivion.
And I do know for a fact that Romney was not a wuss and would have stood up to Russia and China without the need to be "flexible".
And I do know for a fact there would not have been a "phony" Benghazi or IRS scandal.
And I do know for a fact that bin Laden would still be dead as the hunt began long before Obama was even a baby senator.
That's what I know for sure. Without a doubt.
Those are wishes not facts.

You're so easily confused by the two.

Orlando, FL

#977085 Sep 6, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I remember that, including that Kuwaiti girl who testified about the Iraqis throwing babies out of incubators to steal the machinery.
Turns out she was the daughter of an Kuwaiti diplomat who was living here in the states......
We also didn't do anything when Saddam started a war with Iran and used poison gas and nerve agents on the Iranians....well that's not exactly true
WE SUPPLIED SADDAM WITH THOSE WMD'S AND GAVE HIM THE INTEL ON LARGE IRANIAN TROOP FORMATIONS WHERE THEY COULD BE USED.
<quoted text>
Again, where did Saddam get those WMD's??
Correction, under the Shah of Iran, someone we put in power, there were mass graves filled with Iranians killed by the SAVAK
<quoted text>
Shall we start enforcing those HUNDREDS of UN resolutions against Israel?
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the Iraqi leader the CIA helped put into power in 1979
There are many options to help in the ouster of leader but most importantly
WE SHOULD LEARN TO MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS
Well, when you slice and dice someone's post, it makes it much more difficult to respond. But I did pick up a few comments in an otherwise jumbled up post.

As I've tried to tell Realtime and others on here so many times they're too numerous to count, the entire civilized world considered Saddam an ally against Iran at one time. Many, many, MANY countries provided him with biological and chemical materials believing he was using them for medical research.

He was the enemy of our enemy, the lesser of the two evils, if you will, even though the world didn't see his evil side until years later. You do understand this simple reality, don't you? But maybe you don't.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#977086 Sep 6, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
ah yes, the hunt for bin Laden started by President Bush who couldn't catch him for 8 years.....
yes Obama care would have been repealed, other than that everything else is pure conjecture
care to guess how many embassies were attacked during the Bush administration???
Do you really think Obamacare would have been repealed had Romney won? How so? How does repeal get past the Senate?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#977087 Sep 6, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
well if you weren't a white male from 1776 to the 1970's, you may not have owed your allegiance.....
and speaking of power hungry elites, guess under what presidents the income redistribution to the upper 1% occurred the most under
BTW, if you only owe your allegiance to this country when your party is in power, maybe you should leave. as obviously you don't understand anything about democracy.
I'll help you pack
Anybody that would ask you for an idea would be an idiot... Anything else a fairy tale.
"Chris Matthews of MSNBC:“I think the Democrats are going to be forced to sacrifice men and women who really, really don’t want to vote for this. They’re going to have to vote for it to save the president’s hide. That’s a bad position to put your party in.”

Put (Duped) KARMA_ firmly in the pro-war column, along with Detzing, Realtime, sonicmoron, lily, and Dumbass Dave.

The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism

It's the culture...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#977088 Sep 6, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason the counter part- MSNBC is surviving is we are paying to keep them on the air when we buy cable bundles. Now some are paying for al Jazeera.
you know listening to al Jazeera is probably a worthwhile endeavor, as is listening to CCTV (China News), BBC, NHK (Japan) and any other country's news broadcast.

Listening doesn't mean you have to support their position, nor believe it. But it does give you another perspective to consider, and shows you how other countries view events.

By listening to only one station, say like FOX, it becomes much more easier to brainwash you, distort your perception, shape your opinions and feed you propaganda.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#977089 Sep 6, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently so, as not only did President Reagan do nothing in retaliation for the attack, we sold him the WMD's.
Its an internal affair.
No one sold Hussein directly WMDs-total misstatement. Parts were sold that were used by Hussein to create the weapons. Just like we sold fission technology to China that they used the knowledge to create a Nuclear weapon.

The attack you are talking about was the use of gas against Iran.

In 1992 it was verified that Hussein gassed his own people fours years before, yet it took ten years to remove him.

Hussein was hung for Crimes against Humanity.

Assad will some day be removed too. Such things takes a lot of time and diplomacy to get to the point we can act.

Again I do not expect you to understand this.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#977090 Sep 6, 2013
WH AIDE: Obama has no 'intention' to strike Syria if Congress says no!! This would be first time Obama’s ego been kept in Check but does anyone buys it?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#977091 Sep 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are wishes not facts.
You're so easily confused by the two.
Detzing tells us NOT TO JUDGE ALL MUSLIMS because of a FEW lunatic liberals...

Yet... Detzing ENCOURAGES US TO JUDGE ALL GUN OWNERS because of a FEW lunatic liberals...

Obama is gonna start World War III. What a dumbass!

It's the culture...
Annie

New York, NY

#977092 Sep 6, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Obama has mishandled Syria over the past few years. The good/very good options he once had to fix Syria, are in the rearview mirror you lazy idiot...
Golf anyone? Vacations?? Parties? Hollywood?? More incompetence, ineptitude anyone??
It's the culture...
And it is taking attention away from Obama's other major failure known as ObamaCare.

Democrat Strategist on Syria: Hey, At Least We're Not Talking About Obamacare:

This isn't quite a "wag the dog" admission. It's more of a "thank goodness we're talking about something other than our widely-loathed healthcare law as it rolls out, even if that something is a war." And an unpopular war at that -- both on Capitol Hill, and with the public writ large. That's how badly some Democrats are itching to change the subject from their "Affordable Care Act" disaster. Quite the far cry from "owning it," wouldn't you say?

Via the Washington Examiner:

White House plans for a health care messaging blitz ahead of Obamacare’s rollout have been overshadowed by the president’s call to strike Syria, distracting the administration from its plan to focus attention on a litany of domestic issues.

The White House is initiating an all-hands-on-deck approach to selling the polarizing overhaul, with President Obama, Cabinet members and high-level surrogates expected to talk up the benefits of the Affordable Care Act in coming weeks.

But a high-profile speech on Wednesday from former President Bill Clinton, who Obama once dubbed his “Secretary of Explaining Stuff,” to tout the healthcare law’s reform largely went unnoticed as lawmakers held contentious hearings on possible military action against Syria...

Some Democrats, however, downplayed the lack of attention on the health law.“Politically speaking, it’s not the worst thing,” a veteran Democratic strategist, given anonymity to speak candidly about Obamacare, said.“Recently, the focus on health care has done more harm than good. I’m highly skeptical that a new PR blitz, even from the likes of President Clinton, will do much."

Many Democrats are concerned over polls which show the public does not understand many key aspects of the law and fear that a troubled rollout could hurt them in 2014.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min cpeter1313 311,215
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr IB DaMann 9,636
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Eagle 12 255,310
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) 21 hr Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr Trojan 32,267
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 22 01niner 201,860
More from around the web