Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#974626 Sep 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that if Obama were sitting in the WH on 9/11 and Saddam had been giving the UN the runaround to come clean about his WMDs post 9/11, the Democrats would remember how they ALL had considered him a threat just a few years before and more than just 111 would have supported toppling his regime then too.
And once the mass graves were uncovered, John Kerry would be in front of the cameras telling the American people it was the right thing to do because of Saddam's "crimes against humanity".
There was something to gain politically for Democrats to turn tail and let Bush hang out to dry, including John Kerry, when it was a matter of fighting the enemy on their own turf after they made Iraq the frontlines - and the "crimes against humanity" were of no importance anymore.
The difference between Iraq and Syria is it's now Obama's and Kerry's reputations on the line to intervene for humanitarian reasons. There hasn't even been another 9/11 and Syria didn't attack us either.
It's called hypocrisy of the highest order by the same weasels who care about human rights only when there's something to be gained politically.
To the progressives even humanitarianism is nothing but a tactic. Hypocrisy is the progressive mind set.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974628 Sep 2, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't read Obama's request to Congress or you would KNOW he is requesting permission to engage in full combat war with Syria.
Any authorization by Congress to conduct military operations against another country is a declaration of war.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#974629 Sep 2, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure moron, the mandate is really Communist. Dr. Stuart Butler of the Heritage Society came up with the plan in his paper “Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans.” which included a provision to “mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance,” which he framed explicitly as a way to address the “free rider” problem and employer mandates.
Newt Gingrich wrote in an op ed in the Des Moines Register in June 2007;
"Personal responsibility extends to the purchase of health insurance. Citizens should not be able to cheat their neighbors by not buying insurance, particularly when they can afford it, and expect others to pay for their care when they need it."
Mitt Romney signed an individual mandate into law in Massachusetts as governor.
You can't have guaranteed coverage for those with pre existing conditions without an individual mandate to spread the risk.
You're an idiot!
Progressives are in both parties. It's still communist no matter where it came from. but you just keep playing that left/right game they have set up for you. You deserve what you get comrade.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#974630 Sep 2, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure moron, the mandate is really Communist. Dr. Stuart Butler of the Heritage Society came up with the plan in his paper “Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans.” which included a provision to “mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance,” which he framed explicitly as a way to address the “free rider” problem and employer mandates.
Newt Gingrich wrote in an op ed in the Des Moines Register in June 2007;
"Personal responsibility extends to the purchase of health insurance. Citizens should not be able to cheat their neighbors by not buying insurance, particularly when they can afford it, and expect others to pay for their care when they need it."
Mitt Romney signed an individual mandate into law in Massachusetts as governor.
You can't have guaranteed coverage for those with pre existing conditions without an individual mandate to spread the risk.
You're an idiot!
It's not a mandate, it's a tax. The mandate was declared unconstitutional. Only as a tax could it be constitutional. And as a tax it can be repealed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974631 Sep 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Under the ACA, those making under a certain income & more than to qualify for medicaid, receive a subsidy to help purchase insurance. It is not paid to the buyer but rather sent directly to the insurance provider.
Not a tax credit.
You really are this stupid, aren't you.
Dumbass Dave all for government subsidies.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#974632 Sep 2, 2013
Nancy Pelosi:

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Nancy "weasel" Pelosi:

"The president led us into the Iraq war on the basis of unproven assertions without evidence; he embraced a radical doctrine of pre-emptive war unprecedented in our history; and he failed to build a true international coalition."

Barbara "weasel" Boxer:

“This is different. You’re facing a dictator who vowed widespread slaughter in his own country. Obama did the right thing.”

Note: Saddam killed a estimated one million Iraqis.

John Kerry:

“I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force – if necessary – to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”

John "weasel" Kerry:

"We should not have gone to war knowing there was no imminent threat to America, knowing there were no weapons of mass destruction, knowing there was no connection of Saddam Hussein to al Qaeda."

The long list of democrats whose hypocrisy was so blatant is almost comical.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974633 Sep 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Under the ACA, those making under a certain income & more than to qualify for medicaid, receive a subsidy to help purchase insurance. It is not paid to the buyer but rather sent directly to the insurance provider.
Not a tax credit.
You really are this stupid, aren't you.
Bottom line: Taxpayer sends #1.00 to government. Government deducts 25 cents for overhead. Government sends 75 cents to insurance company to pay premium for moocher.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#974634 Sep 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It does no such thing. More right whiner lies & misinformation.
You calling ANYONE else a "whiner" is like Liberace calling someone a "phag". Since you are both, you oughta know that.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974635 Sep 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are jumping to conclusions. I do not believe Obama will bomb Syria if Congress turns him down. Naturally, I could be wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.
However, I have had the opportunity to hear experts speak about Syria and am relatively confident that Congress will support the president. We will just have to wait and see.
Rush will make the decision, having more power than Obama.

The House will follow his lead.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#974636 Sep 2, 2013
It looks like a real chimp sperm slinging contest emanating from the leftist phags today!! It might be time to slice open a watermelon (or post a Ru Paul video) to get their attention diverted.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974637 Sep 2, 2013
flack wrote:
It's official! For the first time in 11 years September has arrived with no hurricanes. 2013 is now in the record books for the sixth time since 1960 this has happened.
Global warming to blame for lack of hurricanes...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974638 Sep 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. He did not take "unilateral action" in Libya. I know you are not as dumb as Adam.
An illegal war is not justified merely because other fools participate, and any war not authorized by Congress is illegal.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#974639 Sep 2, 2013
Does anyone even remember we're still fighting a war in Afghanistan? Or that soldiers have been in harm's way for the past five years and are dying every single day in that country?

Even Obama seems to have forgotten.

When was the last time anyone heard an update from this president or the liberal media about the progress or status of the war in Afghanistan?

We hear nothing but absolute silence.

The same silence we heard about Benghazi, the IRS, and the DOJ confiscating citizens' private information.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#974640 Sep 2, 2013
Plaque on former presidents' desk:

"The buck stops here."

Plaque on Obama's desk:

"Silence is golden."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#974641 Sep 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's not a mandate, it's a tax. The mandate was declared unconstitutional. Only as a tax could it be constitutional. And as a tax it can be repealed.
The SCOTUS decision also clearly states that because it is a tax, the amount of the tax cannot be increased without limits so that it becomes a penalty for not complying.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#974642 Sep 2, 2013
LMAO at main story on Drudge Report!! Is there ANYTHING more fraudulent on the planet than leftist phags??......:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24088...

The image John Kerry WON'T want you to U.S. Secretary of State pictured dining with Assad and his wife at Damascus restaurant before war broke out in Syria

PUBLISHED: 07:53 EST, 2 September 2013 | UPDATED: 10:50 EST, 2 September 2013

This astonishing photograph shows U.S Secretary of State John Kerry having a cosy and intimate dinner with Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad.

Kerry - who compared Assad to Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein yesterday - is pictured around a small table with his wife and the Assads in 2009.
Assad and Kerry - who was then a senator for Massachusetts - lean in towards each other and appear deep in conversation as their wives look on.

A waiter is pictured at their side with a tray of green drinks - which are believed to be lemon and crushed mint.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#974643 Sep 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any authorization by Congress to conduct military operations against another country is a declaration of war.
I agree, but....

Obama is requesting support from congress to engage in a full scale war NOT just lobbying a few missiles as the poster I replied to stated.
Communist News Network

Waynesboro, MS

#974644 Sep 2, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
It looks like a real chimp sperm slinging contest emanating from the leftist phags today!! It might be time to slice open a watermelon (or post a Ru Paul video) to get their attention diverted.....
"It might be time to slice open a watermelon (or post a Ru Paul video) to get their attention diverted....." Hilarious...

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#974645 Sep 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Does anyone even remember we're still fighting a war in Afghanistan? Or that soldiers have been in harm's way for the past five years and are dying every single day in that country?
Even Obama seems to have forgotten.
When was the last time anyone heard an update from this president or the liberal media about the progress or status of the war in Afghanistan?
We hear nothing but absolute silence.
The same silence we heard about Benghazi, the IRS, and the DOJ confiscating citizens' private information.
Exactly. The LSM would post the losses and death counts every day under Bush. Now that more soldiers have died in Afghanistan under Obama the silence is deafening.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#974646 Sep 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush will make the decision, having more power than Obama.
The House will follow his lead.
*rolls eyes*

This Alinsky tactic of making Rush the face for Reps didn't work that well the first time.

Obama team is weak when they start using the same loss tactic the second time through!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min James 238,106
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 28 min Bruin For Life 29,638
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 309,679
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 16 hr OzRitz 5,299
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 22 hr Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web