Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417721 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Oct 12

Leechburg, PA

#974091 Aug 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And you think the R&R railroad of Romney would make things better son?

You guys are sicker than you think!
I got your son swinging!!!! Such on that

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#974092 Aug 31, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Thank G-d. The American people united against O'bama and his crazy talk. O'bama hates the majority of the people being united on any thing.
It should be an interesting G20 for the Nobel Peace Laureate, O'bama, slapped down by his own people.
Obama would have been useless on any world stage. Nobody respects him in this world. That was made clear enough when he met Putin and failed to meet Mandela. The best thing is to send Biden to all future international events. I am tired of seeing this nation humulliated on the world stage.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#974093 Aug 31, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
An American official said that the initial target lists included fewer than 50 sites, including air bases where Syria’s Russian-made attack helicopters are. The list includes command and control centers as well as a variety of conventional military targets. Perhaps two to three missiles would be aimed at each site.
Got that? So, if you’re a Syrian air-base commander, you might want to think about moving those Russian helicopters, or at least yourself — perhaps to that black-eyed cutie’s apartment, above the restaurant where the kibbeh with the pomegranate sauce is to die for, just for the night, until the Great Satan has twerked his ordnance at you twice or thrice and gone away to threaten the Yemenis or Somalis or whoever’s next.
O'bomber plans to lose this war in record time.
I hope the Syrians are cool headed enough to ignore that maniac. But I doubt it. Arabs can be hot headed. They are just as likely to gas Tel Aviv when the first bomb lands. That would give an excuse and create a loud uproar for the USA to defend israel. This thing could escalate beyond anybody'd control within five minutes after the first attack. That is why we cannot follow Obama on this without cone clear cut assurance that his gang knows what they are talking about and they have some waterproof evidence to support their claims. That crap Kerry was spewing yesterday won't get it. He clearly did not convince anyone because it was so clear that he was not convinced himself.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#974096 Aug 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress is not exempt. They voted to take part in the exchanges.
Can you provide a few credible links to prove this?

This is all I could find. Nothing to confirm it.

http://sreaves32.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/wil...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#974097 Aug 31, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>why?
Because now it is up to the Republicans you moran
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#974098 Aug 31, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Republican leadership agrees with Obama's brilliant decision__the crazed rightwing blogs and losers like you disagree.
Good luck with that fool.
Brilliant chess move by the President!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#974099 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP plan is a joke
And Obamacare isn't? They can't even get the thing off the ground.

I'll take lowering the costs of health care and common sense solutions any day.
TernceS

Washington, DC

#974100 Aug 31, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
There are enough Senate & House Democrats to vote this down. What are you talking about?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#974101 Aug 31, 2013
just like everything else....

Republicans already split on how to address Syria vote

While President Barack Obama said on Saturday he would ask Congress to sign off on a strike against the Syrian government, Republican lawmakers had mixed reactions to the plan, with House Homeland Security Committee chair Rep. Peter King (R-NY) accusing Obama of sidestepping his duties as commander-in-chief.

“He should not be passing it on to Congress,” King told WCBS-TV on Saturday.“I should not be waiting until Congress comes back on September 9th.”

But Talking Points Memo reported that House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and other Republican leaders argued just the opposite in a joint statement announcing the House would take the matter up for a vote after coming back from recess.

“Under the Constitution, the responsibility to declare war lies with Congress,” the statement read.“We are glad the president is seeking authorization for any military action in Syria in response to serious, substantive questions being raised.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/31/republi...
TernceS

Washington, DC

#974102 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Giving up is a brilliant chess move? How old are you?
Latrine Corp Pat

Beckley, WV

#974103 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I did not know chess had a move called "duh, I don't know what to do."

Leechburg, PA

#974104 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>Brilliant chess move by the President!
I'll give you that!! Lol

Leechburg, PA

#974105 Aug 31, 2013
TernceS wrote:
<quoted text>Giving up is a brilliant chess move? How old are you?
it doesn't matter the age dumbama one upped us!! I don't like it but!!!!
TernceS

Washington, DC

#974106 Aug 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
just like everything else....
Republicans already split on how to address Syria vote
While President Barack Obama said on Saturday he would ask Congress to sign off on a strike against the Syrian government, Republican lawmakers had mixed reactions to the plan, with House Homeland Security Committee chair Rep. Peter King (R-NY) accusing Obama of sidestepping his duties as commander-in-chief.
“He should not be passing it on to Congress,” King told WCBS-TV on Saturday.“I should not be waiting until Congress comes back on September 9th.”
But Talking Points Memo reported that House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and other Republican leaders argued just the opposite in a joint statement announcing the House would take the matter up for a vote after coming back from recess.
“Under the Constitution, the responsibility to declare war lies with Congress,” the statement read.“We are glad the president is seeking authorization for any military action in Syria in response to serious, substantive questions being raised.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/31/republi...
The U.N. turned Obama down.

The British turned Obama down.

France surrendered already.

Obama is a day late and a dollar short.

It's already over. Everyone but you knows that.

Get off the bus man. Nobody is supporting Obama.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#974107 Aug 31, 2013
TernceS wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.N. turned Obama down.
The British turned Obama down.
France surrendered already.
Obama is a day late and a dollar short.
It's already over. Everyone but you knows that.
Get off the bus man. Nobody is supporting Obama.
Ex-Bush Officials Love Obama’s Unilateralism on Syria

The president is signaling he’s willing to go it alone, and that’s won him some new admirers: the Bush officials who went to war with Iraq absent a second U.N. resolution.

Many former officials from the George W. Bush administration have discovered new respect for Obama’s recent embrace of American unilateralism after the suspected chemical-weapons attack last week in a suburb of Damascus.

“I absolutely congratulate President Obama for finally realizing that our U.N. allies are nothing more than a bunch of dithering, yellow-bellied, Chardonnay-sipping cowards,” said Mark Corallo, the former spokesman for the Justice Department in Bush’s first term.“I further congratulate him for finally growing up and understanding that there are bad people in the world and sometimes they earn, by their evil, the action of a great superpower. So yippee-kai-ay, cowboy.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#974108 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Psst, if O'bama has the goods on Assad gassing the 'children, children, children why doesn't he pass on the intelligence to the United Nations and plead his case you 'moran'.
*I see what they say about your drinking problem:)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#974109 Aug 31, 2013
A big group of foreign policy experts, from across the ideological spectrum, is calling on President Obama to impose "meaningful consequences on the Assad regime" for their use of chemical weapons.

"At a minimum, the United States, along with willing allies and partners, should use standoff weapons and airpower to target the Syrian dictatorship’s military units that were involved in the recent large-scale use of chemical weapons. It should also provide vetted moderate elements of Syria’s armed opposition with the military support required to identify and strike regime units armed with chemical weapons," the experts write.

"Moreover, the United States and other willing nations should consider direct military strikes against the pillars of the Assad regime. The objectives should be not only to ensure that Assad’s chemical weapons no longer threaten America, our allies in the region or the Syrian people, but also to deter or destroy the Assad regime’s airpower and other conventional military means of committing atrocities against civilian non-combatants. At the same time, the United States should accelerate efforts to vet, train, and arm moderate elements of Syria’s armed opposition, with the goal of empowering them to prevail against both the Assad regime and the growing presence of Al Qaeda-affiliated and other extremist rebel factions in the country."

The signatories on the letter addressed to President Obama inlcude Senator Joe Lieberman, Bernard-Henri Levy, Karl Rove, Bill Kristol, Elliott Abrams, Leon Wieseltier, and many others. Right now, 66 experts have signed the letter.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/experts-o...

so you wingnuts go ahead and take shots at those who helped start the Iraq war so we can all finally know how you really feel about Bush's war.

but at least you won't be able to use the excuse anymore that we needed to attack Iraq 'anyway' because he was killing his own people.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#974110 Aug 31, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwwww.... I'm ignorant of facts?
I'm still waiting for your dow for iraq son.
Have you found it?
Has it made a magical appearance?
Are you finally going to shake the fact you're a liar?
No... No... I guess you love that tag! After all, it's true!
You're the pravaracator.You're gonna wait until hell freezes over and you and Satan get up a hockey team.. But it's ok really, look at what Barack Hussein Obama has done w/o Congressional approval. Oh that's right it's ok if he does it, and without citizenship to boot.. Whata guy... you'll cover his behind like a blanket, he's a Demorat...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#974111 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
So he played spades while Benghazi was going on and now you insist he is playing chess. What about Golf? is he going to quit playing golf for all the children?

Leechburg, PA

#974113 Aug 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
A big group of foreign policy experts, from across the ideological spectrum, is calling on President Obama to impose "meaningful consequences on the Assad regime" for their use of chemical weapons.

"At a minimum, the United States, along with willing allies and partners, should use standoff weapons and airpower to target the Syrian dictatorship’s military units that were involved in the recent large-scale use of chemical weapons. It should also provide vetted moderate elements of Syria’s armed opposition with the military support required to identify and strike regime units armed with chemical weapons," the experts write.

"Moreover, the United States and other willing nations should consider direct military strikes against the pillars of the Assad regime. The objectives should be not only to ensure that Assad’s chemical weapons no longer threaten America, our allies in the region or the Syrian people, but also to deter or destroy the Assad regime’s airpower and other conventional military means of committing atrocities against civilian non-combatants. At the same time, the United States should accelerate efforts to vet, train, and arm moderate elements of Syria’s armed opposition, with the goal of empowering them to prevail against both the Assad regime and the growing presence of Al Qaeda-affiliated and other extremist rebel factions in the country."

The signatories on the letter addressed to President Obama inlcude Senator Joe Lieberman, Bernard-Henri Levy, Karl Rove, Bill Kristol, Elliott Abrams, Leon Wieseltier, and many others. Right now, 66 experts have signed the letter.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/experts-o...

so you wingnuts go ahead and take shots at those who helped start the Iraq war so we can all finally know how you really feel about Bush's war.

but at least you won't be able to use the excuse anymore that we needed to attack Iraq 'anyway' because he was killing his own people.
There's one difference!! The Russian and they want to play

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr OzRitz 10,064
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr thetruth 256,546
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 32,324
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr zef 311,604
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web