Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394825 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Frank

Spokane, WA

#973928 Aug 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain, Graham, and Corker, that's it.
The new Republican Party is Cruz, Rubio, Paul, Lee, and others not tied to the fossils of the past.
The problem with this is that in 2008 I complained abut Obama's lack of experience,now we are expecting people with little experience to compete for the same job. How can the Republican Party tell the voters that they should have voted for someone with more experience if they can't provide someone?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#973929 Aug 31, 2013
Sonic: This is epidemic here, cops have been busted selling it out of their police vehicles, fire fighters selling it, you name it!

Veteran Sunrise police employee accused of stealing oxycodone pills from department's "drug room"

Sunrise police property and evidence technician has been accused of stealing hundreds of oxycodone pills and has been linked to the thefts through her DNA, authorities said.

Norma Currlin, 50, has been charged with six counts of theft of controlled substances. She has been employed by the Sunrise Police Department for 22 years, but has served as an evidence technician since July 2006. She was a police dispatcher prior to that.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#973930 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
she seems to take the space aliens seriously ?
Lots of people do! I think it may be the blood sugar levels. But then again, she spent hours staring at a photo of Frank Marshall Davis and convinced herself that he is the Presidents father, even though another poster pointed out that he was 60 when the Presidents mother gave birth to the President!!!
Sick in the head, and so disgustingly disrespectful of our President. It's shameful.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973931 Aug 31, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>EW Jackson says Great Society worse for black families than slavery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lMyV9632PZAXX
and EW Jackson is telling the Truth!!
so you must be black?

give me a break.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#973932 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
she seems to take the space aliens seriously ?
she should. she's a Christian.
LCNLin

United States

#973933 Aug 31, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Sonic: This is epidemic here, cops have been busted selling it out of their police vehicles, fire fighters selling it, you name it!
Veteran Sunrise police employee accused of stealing oxycodone pills from department's "drug room"
Sunrise police property and evidence technician has been accused of stealing hundreds of oxycodone pills and has been linked to the thefts through her DNA, authorities said.
Norma Currlin, 50, has been charged with six counts of theft of controlled substances. She has been employed by the Sunrise Police Department for 22 years, but has served as an evidence technician since July 2006. She was a police dispatcher prior to that.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/travel/
Going to lunch and leave the right wing trolls to post their frustrations

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#973934 Aug 31, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever heard thee phrase: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"
Bin Laden used Reagan and was responsible for numerous attacks on the U.S. since the late 80's.
We had no business in Afghanistan back then.
"Bin Laden not only raised millions for Reagans effort"
"Osama Bin Laden was made in the USA by Bill Clinton and you warmongering democrats.."
bit of a contradiction there wouldn't you say?
Clinton finally stopped the genocide after Europe wouldn't. He learned his lesson in Somalia not to rush into civil wars...
Dude seriously read some history from reputable sources...
but I guess stupidity is the culture...after all you wouldn't want to be considered an educated elitist.
Clinton did nothing to stop the genocide in Rwanda.
LCNLin

United States

#973935 Aug 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama is Christian and so is VP Biden,
Christians often support feeding the poor and an obligation of our religion.

Orlando, FL

#973936 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go just yet. Been waiting to show you this.

Turbulence returned to stocks, bonds and other markets in August, an omen of what a mounting number of investors and analysts expect to be a fitful autumn.

The tumult is likely to continue in the month ahead, investors say, as the Federal Reserve weighs a winding down of its easy-money policies, the U.S. ponders its next move in Syria and officials in Washington wrangle over the federal budget and the debt ceiling.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Remember when you were so sure things were looking up last week?

Will there ever come a point where you acknowledge this president is not doing this country any favors?

Orlando, FL

#973937 Aug 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
All of creation is a mystery. What we know outside of our limited five senses and self-made perceptions is virtually nothing.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#973938 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea; I'm going to the beach

Orlando, FL

#973939 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironic that you would admit Christians and Christian churches give more to the poor than liberal organizations or this administration who keep the poor dependent and in a vicious cycle of poverty.

Orlando, FL

#973940 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Carol aka Aunt Battie Lou aka Lois Lane? I think she's out converting blacks to the Republican party.
The black community is doing that themselves. They don't need any help from me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973941 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
They take oxycontin here, like Rush. All the hillbillies from TN, SC, NC, VA come here to go shopping for pills. I think it's lessening now, they've arrested and imprisoned some of these pill mill operators and the doctors as well.
lily gets bent out of shape about painkillers, but looks the other way while her daughter does hard drugs with her community college homies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973942 Aug 31, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with this is that in 2008 I complained abut Obama's lack of experience,now we are expecting people with little experience to compete for the same job. How can the Republican Party tell the voters that they should have voted for someone with more experience if they can't provide someone?
So who would you propose instead?

Clearly the American people don't care about experience.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#973943 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a Muslim and Biden is a lapsed Roman Catholic.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#973945 Aug 31, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Qaeda emerged from the Muslim Brotherhood, a decades old movement begun in Egypt. Have your read Qtub? BTW, more Americans have died in Afghanistan under Obama than Bush. When Bush killed Al Qaeda the mantra was he was simply creating more under Obama he's eliminating them. Democrats need to learn to stop being hypocrites. Maybe you can explain to us why Clinton ignored his PDB warning that bin Laden was going to hijack planes? Blame Bush ? You have relatively little understanding of the radical Islamist threat.
Notice you mentioned Afghanistan but, left out the young men and women Bush treated like sacrificial lambs. Like I've said, I don't give a shit about bin Laden's upbringing, uprising, or foundation. The facts remain the same, the truth! Bin Laden didn't surface until the Afghan/Russian war as an ally or, aided by the USA. He didn't resurface until Bush 41 fended off Saddam's attempts to overthrow Kuwait, as an enemy of America. What happened in that 10yr span that turned Osama into an enemy of America? Maybe you can tell us why Bush admittedly threw the Intel Clinton left him in the trash or, why after 2 warnings by 2 separate defense departments, the FBI &, CIA BUSH ignored the warnings &, ordered both departments to stand down. Or maybe how a standing governor at the time, can have business ties to a known terrorist. Yes he & bin Laden were business partners. Maybe you can unconnect those dots for us all. To answer your question, Clinton had no reason to go after bin Laden. He hadn't done anything to America yet, just threats. Obama gets thousands of those a day!
Chris Mahews

Lindenhurst, NY

#973946 Aug 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Ex-Bush Officials Love Obama’s Unilateralism on Syria
The president is signaling he’s willing to go it alone, and that’s won him some new admirers: the Bush officials who went to war with Iraq absent a second U.N. resolution.
Many former officials from the George W. Bush administration have discovered new respect for Obama’s recent embrace of American unilateralism after the suspected chemical-weapons attack last week in a suburb of Damascus.
“I absolutely congratulate President Obama for finally realizing that our U.N. allies are nothing more than a bunch of dithering, yellow-bellied, Chardonnay-sipping cowards,” said Mark Corallo, the former spokesman for the Justice Department in Bush’s first term.“I further congratulate him for finally growing up and understanding that there are bad people in the world and sometimes they earn, by their evil, the action of a great superpower. So yippee-kai-ay, cowboy.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
come on you folks who voted for Bush, get with the program!!
or you turncoats can just keep attesting to the fact that the Iraq war was an illegal debacle.
As a self admitted liberal hypocrite, I agree with this opinion:

I see the Obama "reset" is going so swimmingly that the president is now threatening to go to war against a dictator who gassed his own people. Don't worry, this isn't anything like the dictator who gassed his own people that the discredited warmonger Bush spent 2002 and early 2003 staggering ever more punchily around the country inveighing against.

The 2003 dictator who gassed his own people was the leader of the Baath Party of Iraq.

The 2013 dictator who gassed his own people is the leader of the Baath Party of Syria. Whole other ball of wax. T

The Obama administration's ingenious plan is to lose this war in far less time than we usually take.

In the unimprovable formulation of an unnamed official speaking to the Los Angeles Times, the White House is carefully calibrating a military action "just muscular enough not to get mocked."

That would make a great caption for a Vanity Fair photo shoot of Obama gamboling in the surf at Martha's Vineyard, but as a military strategy it's not exactly Alexander the Great or the Duke of Wellington.

And it's trickier than it sounds: I'm sure Miley's choreographer assured her she was "just muscular enough not to get mocked," and one wouldn't want to see the United States reduced to twerking arrhythmically to no avail in front of an unimpressed Bashar Assad's Robin Thicke.

Okay, okay, that metaphor's as thinly stretched as Miley's talent, so what does unmockable musculature boil down to? From the New York Times: "A wide range of officials characterize the action under consideration as 'limited,' perhaps lasting no more than a day or two."

Somebody get me Sean Penn on the phone! Or that Clooney fellow who makes all the anti-American movies! And where's that Cindy Sheehan person? Michael Moore, you out there? Hello, Hello??? Bueller? Bueller? Anbody home in Hollywood?
Chris Mahews

Lindenhurst, NY

#973947 Aug 31, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Notice you mentioned Afghanistan but, left out the young men and women Bush treated like sacrificial lambs. Like I've said, I don't give a shit about bin Laden's upbringing, uprising, or foundation. The facts remain the same, the truth! Bin Laden didn't surface until the Afghan/Russian war as an ally or, aided by the USA. He didn't resurface until Bush 41 fended off Saddam's attempts to overthrow Kuwait, as an enemy of America. What happened in that 10yr span that turned Osama into an enemy of America? Maybe you can tell us why Bush admittedly threw the Intel Clinton left him in the trash or, why after 2 warnings by 2 separate defense departments, the FBI &, CIA BUSH ignored the warnings &, ordered both departments to stand down. Or maybe how a standing governor at the time, can have business ties to a known terrorist. Yes he & bin Laden were business partners. Maybe you can unconnect those dots for us all. To answer your question, Clinton had no reason to go after bin Laden. He hadn't done anything to America yet, just threats. Obama gets thousands of those a day!
We made fun of Bush for giving up golf when we went to war, but never had to do that about Obama the Cool President, did we? And that fool Bush, we made fun of him because he kept reading to the children when his aides advised him of the Sept 11 attacks. Not cool like Obama who never stopped campaigning or playing Spades while the grownups tried to do the work of President until his was time to take his picture. Or maintained his coolness the night an American Ambassador was raped, dragged through the streets and tortured until dead. Our way cool President got his beauty sleep and jetted off to campaign in Vegas. He's definitely no George W. Bush.
Chris Mahews

Lindenhurst, NY

#973948 Aug 31, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
In proportion to their income both the Obama's and the Bidens were notoriously cheap until election time. It's only other people's money that they are generous with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr ChristineM 255,503
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Earthling-1 9,810
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr Brian_G 311,325
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web